HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a new charge on my credit card for the 32gb Touchpad I ordered on the 20th, hopefully that means it's shipping this week. Just need to decide on a case for it.

[quote name='killer9']how much are you asking[/QUOTE]

... Perhaps too much. I would feel ashamed/embarrassed to actually admit the price I'm asking for it.

Just checked my e-mail, and last night, Datavision sent me an order confirmation number - listing my previously-cancelled order as "processing", with the same order number, but a different payment ID number. Interesting. I'm not sure if they're doing this for all cancelled orders, or maybe just those who called their customer service line to inquire about things, but I'd certainly enjoy getting one from them, even though I already spent more to get one on ebay after having my original DV order cancelled.

Dear ___________________

Thank you for shopping at DataVision. We have received your order, and it is
currently processing. Your Datavision order number is: xxxxxxx

Payment ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The items you ordered:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Touchpad 16GB WiFi 1.2GHz

Tracking numbers will be emailed once the item leaves our warehouse.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Just checked my e-mail, and last night, Datavision sent me an order confirmation number - listing my previously-cancelled order as "processing", with the same order number, but a different payment ID number. Interesting. I'm not sure if they're doing this for all cancelled orders, or maybe just those who called their customer service line to inquire about things, but I'd certainly enjoy getting one from them, even though I already spent more to get one on ebay after having my original DV order cancelled.[/QUOTE]
I got the same email. Later, they sent out another email saying it was a mistake and to disregard it. They reiterated that they will contact us once they receive new stock.

my SMB order is teasing me, they keep putting a pending charge on my account, then a few hours later it disappears, it's been doing it all weekend

I'll be glad when this is all over

[quote name='Strigol']my SMB order is teasing me, they keep putting a pending charge on my account, then a few hours later it disappears, it's been doing it all weekend

I'll be glad when this is all over[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone and they told me it was going to take 6-8 weeks to receive it b/c our order status is showing us inaccurate information load of BS is what I said! so its gonna be a long wait!

[quote name='DirkBelig']I just got this email from Office Depot:

Great news, we now have inventory available to fill your recent order for the 32GB HP Touchpad Tablet. We have received some cancellations of confirmed orders, making a limited quantity of 32 GB Touchpad Tablets available to fill backorders.

Orders will be filled in the order that they were placed, while supplies last, and subject to approval from your credit card provider. We want to be able to fill as many orders as possible so we are not accepting any new orders for this product.

If you still want to receive your order, please reply to this email to confirm your interest. We must receive your reply no later than 11:59pm on Tuesday, September 6th.
[/QUOTE]

Was your order ever listed as back ordered or canceled? My order has sat at In Process with an delivery of 8/25 since the 20th with no change to back ordered etc. I called once and was told I was getting one, but that's been a while and didn't receive an email like you did.

Looks like it's time to call again.

Pair of SD posts detailing shenanigans at HHGreggs around Atlanta. Love when they demand reimbursement for gas. I understand being upset, but seriously?

Don't even bother with Kennesaw HHGregg! (I know some of you will still waste gas and try it anyway. Don't say I did not warn you.)

I was in there 2 days ago when the MGR said to me they were not getting any in. I have a friend who works there but was off duty at the time so I called her. She said they were getting them in. So I went back later when I saw the truck. I asked for one and was told there are none and if there are they would be spoken for. And if by some chance I got lucky I would only be allowed one because that is their "strict" policy" So I headed to the back and pretended to look at appliances and struck up a chat with one of the guys. I told him if he gets me one I will buy a new refrigerator as well. He told me he can't because now they have decided to sell them to their employees!
I waited longer until I saw them bring some out. I heard that same manager asking all of his guys who wants one as he put them under the counter in a cabinet. I walked up there and asked for one and he said no yet again. I then saw another customer getting handed 2 of them. The HHGregg rep then said to the customer: "Thanks Dad. If I try to hold them here another of my co-workers will take it." I then went back to the mgr again who was ready to throw me out at that point. I told him what I witnessed and he said: "Look Sir. My guys have had a rough sales season. I need to take care of them." I then said "All I want is one. You are letting your guys buy more than one." He then said he was out. yet I saw at least 8-10 under the counter in the cabinet. So I told him I want to reimbursed for my wasted gas and time since he decided to go against their company policy and sell his guys some. And I said I want to pre-order for the next one. He said they stopped doing that a long time ago. Yet, my friend who works there said she saw him do that all week long. For his friends of course.

I can't elaborate right now, but the same is happening at the HH Gregg in Douglasville and Smyrna. Both stores actually showed as being in stock yesterday, but I found out that they were all being held for friends and family of employees.

[quote name='killer9']Im looking for a case the one for 4.97 from verizon is sold out anyone got any suggestions[/QUOTE]

What is your budget for the case? You can find several knock offs of the HP case for under $20. HP SMB has the Targus case for about $26 shipped. Amazon has the HP case for $25.04.

Also, Walmart has the Griffin GB01998 case ($40) in a few stores, but I have not been able to get Walmart to price match the $4.97 to Verizon Wireless for that case.

[quote name='killer9']Im looking for a case the one for 4.97 from verizon is sold out anyone got any suggestions[/QUOTE]

i haven't checked today - but i was able to order one yesterday(and it was delivered today)

HP Small and Medium Business Customer,

Thank you for your interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad – the response to our price reduction has been overwhelming – both in terms of volume and in the energy and enthusiasm it has generated in our customers.

It has taken us longer than anticipated to work through the high volume of orders that were received. We apologize for any uncertainty this caused, but we are now in a position to understand our ability to fulfill your order.

Your order will be fulfilled at the discounted price. However, we do not have enough stock to satisfy your order at this time. It will take 6-8 weeks to build enough HP TouchPads to meet our current commitments, during which time your order will then ship from this stock with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with tracking number once your order has shipped. We apologize that these timelines are longer than indicated on the website at time of purchase.

At the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

If this delay is not acceptable, please send an email to [email protected] with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale.

We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!

Sincerely,
Your HP Small and Medium Business Team
www.hp.com/go/touchpadFAQ

Well I guess I'm still getting one at least.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']If any one one in interested - this tablet seems to have ARM11 Processor at 1GHZ.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MID-M1006-1...Reader/300595396225?_trksid=p1468660.m2000036[/QUOTE]

A lot of those $100 ebay tablets are junk. They use modified ARM chips that are MP3 processors and aren't supported by androids app store. I also imagine you get a crappy warrantee and no software updates. I'd also be shocked if you get a true multi-touch screen.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']HP Small and Medium Business Customer,

Thank you for your interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad – the response to our price reduction has been overwhelming – both in terms of volume and in the energy and enthusiasm it has generated in our customers.

It has taken us longer than anticipated to work through the high volume of orders that were received. We apologize for any uncertainty this caused, but we are now in a position to understand our ability to fulfill your order.

Your order will be fulfilled at the discounted price. However, we do not have enough stock to satisfy your order at this time. It will take 6-8 weeks to build enough HP TouchPads to meet our current commitments, during which time your order will then ship from this stock with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with tracking number once your order has shipped. We apologize that these timelines are longer than indicated on the website at time of purchase.

At the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

If this delay is not acceptable, please send an email to [email protected] with your instructions for cancellation within a week. Be sure to include your HP order number and the name and ship-to address on the order. Also please indicate clearly if this is the only order requiring cancellation or if you wish all orders in your name to be canceled. You will receive an automated cancel notification when your order cancellation request has been processed. Please be aware, however, that cancellations cannot be reversed, and our US SMB store has sold out of HP TouchPad and will not make any further available for sale.

We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!

Sincerely,
Your HP Small and Medium Business Team
www.hp.com/go/touchpadFAQ

Well I guess I'm still getting one at least.[/QUOTE]

I just got that as well. But on Friday, I received an email with one of my order numbers on it saying my order would be shipped in 2 weeks. This one had no order number on it. I do have two orders pending with them, so maybe one is shipping in 2 weeks and the other in 6-8? No clue. They don't make things very clear, and have a new story every few days...lol.

just got the 6-8 weeks email myself, ship date was listed as yesterday now it's unknown, bugger I was hoping I'd avoid the long ass wait

Got the email as well, order shows as of 1am EST on the 22nd. Glad they are both coming in though, I already have mine and it's great (damn you Robotrek HD). These two are for the in-laws.

Eagerly awaiting my verizon folios. They're on the Fed Ex truck, out for delivery. I wish Verizon didn't send them with signature confirmation. Bastards...

So, anything cool and exciting to get on the Touchpad? Any nice freebie apps?
With no Plants Vs Zombies in my possession, my touchpad isnt getting much use like my phone.

[quote name='mightymek']I just got that as well. But on Friday, I received an email with one of my order numbers on it saying my order would be shipped in 2 weeks. This one had no order number on it. I do have two orders pending with them, so maybe one is shipping in 2 weeks and the other in 6-8? No clue. They don't make things very clear, and have a new story every few days...lol.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Last week it was 2 weeks for one order, this week it's 6-8. But I have 2 orders with them and only order # was referenced the first time. So I wonder if one order is 2 weeks and one is 6-8. I hope so!

Just got that email as well I guess all the people who are hoping to get a touchpad when Hp makes more will be out of luck
Looks like they will be making them just to full fill all the orders they have already.

[quote name='david12795']i wonder if the prices on ebay will change in the next 6-8 weeks[/QUOTE]

They seem to be stabilizing. Where the 16 GB wouldn't be lower than $300 on BIN, now it's easy to find some at ~230 (that aren't selling), similarly the 32 GB. So either the craze for the TP is slowing down or people are just waiting for the official HP shipment

Anyone with a 6-8 week email still have a shipping date? I got my email today but online still says shipping on the 11th and to be delivered on the 14th. Just wondering if I still have a chance of getting it next week.

[quote name='YouGonnaEatThat']Anyone with a 6-8 week email still have a shipping date? I got my email today but online still says shipping on the 11th and to be delivered on the 14th. Just wondering if I still have a chance of getting it next week.[/QUOTE]

I'm a 6-8 weeker too, but mine still says shipping 8/24 and expected delivery of 8/29. For some reason I can't help but think those dates won't be met though. :roll:

[quote name='erequena']They seem to be stabilizing. Where the 16 GB wouldn't be lower than $300 on BIN, now it's easy to find some at ~230 (that aren't selling), similarly the 32 GB. So either the craze for the TP is slowing down or people are just waiting for the official HP shipment[/QUOTE]

Most likely its dying.

Was lucky enough to see this minutes after it was posted and clue in another CAG, so we each got one.
Of course, there are no clearance accessories here in Japan and it's tough to see exactly how good/bad accessories are over the internet.

Anyone have a good (yet still cheap) recommendation for a case?
I have been using it for almost a week now, but have yet to pull off the outer plastic coating on the front or back due to scratch fears. :lol:

[quote name='dv8mad']Was lucky enough to see this minutes after it was posted and clue in another CAG, so we each got one.
Of course, there are no clearance accessories here in Japan and it's tough to see exactly how good/bad accessories are over the internet.

Anyone have a good (yet still cheap) recommendation for a case?
I have been using it for almost a week now, but have yet to pull off the outer plastic coating on the front or back due to scratch fears. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I bought this case at amazon and it works perfectly.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HIVJD8

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Can you be more specific? What do u mean works perfectly? We need a case that has all the right cutouts of the holes for the speakers/mic/webcam,buttons, not some iPad crap.[/QUOTE]

instead of whining to be spoonfed why don't you click his link and look at the pictures of the actual item? You should be able to see that there is no need for cutouts because everything is accessible.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Can you be more specific? What do u mean works perfectly? We need a case that has all the right cutouts of the holes for the speakers/mic/webcam,buttons, not some iPad crap.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you find one yourself? Why does everyone seem to think that someone else should do all the leg work for them? Where does that entitlement come from?

My HP BFG order just switched to a planned delivery date of TODAY, but there's been no shipment notice or detail with the order. It does appear progress is being made. I've already got three people looking for the two I may be getting. Yeesh.

Ummmm, I did say perfectly, so.........And yes, it is not "official" but it's 6$.

Got my verizon ipad1 folio cases yesterday. They are very nice quality. The touchpad fits i'd say about 95% perfect in it, the usb port is fine, the speakers are 75% open each, the home button is fine and the camera is almost 50% exposed in it, you could use a exacto knife and make it 100%. The power button is a tad worse to get to but not that bad. For 5 bucks, its fantastic, and i only got it for when i take the touchpad out of the house, i already have the Stealtharmor covers front/rear on it, so its beyond what i could ask for. It sits very secure in landscape mode as well. Definitely recommended for 5 bucks.

bread's done
Back