Huge sale Blockbuster, Some Great Deals(possible YMMV)

thesilentshadow30

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I stopped by my local Blockbuster last night and saw that they were having a HUGE sale on all Pre-Viewed/Pre-Played items. From the flyers I saw it looks like a national sale will be going on for the first week of Sep. to clear out inventory of used items. My local blockbuster luckily started the sale this friday (they wrote on the flyer adding the additional dates for the sale). I didn't pay much attention to the DVD prices but the used games had some good deals, most were around 5-10 off plus still buy 2 get 1 free! From what I remember the discounts were something like:

Reg Price - Sale Price
4.99 to 8.99 - 2.99
9.99 to 16.99 - 8.99
17.99 to 24.99 - 16.99
25.99 to 32.99 - 24.99
33.99 to 39.99 - 32.99
40.99 to 44.99 - 36.99

I'm not sure that is the exact price scale but I think its close.
I picked up 3 games (buy 2 get 1 free is still going) last night, I wanted more but couldn't afford it. I will be going back this Friday when I get paid.
(This was at the Circleville Blockbuster)

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Not sure if this would apply at Gamerush, My blockbuster does not have one...Its just blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

That'll be great, I don't have GR here, either. So you say it'll START in the beginning of Sept? Can you confirm the flyer's actual

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']I think it was the 2nd through the 6th[/QUOTE]

Perfect, thanks! :applause:

I'll have all Friday free for the perusal of my 10 or so local Blockbusters...

My blockbuster only sells used rentals...Stickers all over the games, not in original case, etc. Is everyone else's like that too? Or do they actually sell decent complete used games at yours?

[quote name='alive741']My blockbuster only sells used rentals...Stickers all over the games, not in original case, etc. Is everyone else's like that too? Or do they actually sell decent complete used games at yours?[/QUOTE]

Mine is quite similar too that, hence I never buy games at Blockbuster.

I just came back from my GR blockbuster and they didn't have this promotion yet. However they did have the buy 1 get 1 free for games $6.99 and under.

[quote name='alive741']My blockbuster only sells used rentals...Stickers all over the games, not in original case, etc. Is everyone else's like that too? Or do they actually sell decent complete used games at yours?[/QUOTE]

Mine actually has a good selection of games in original cases sometimes with instructions sometimes without. They have the best selection of most BBs since they are the only game store around besides Wal-Mart.

I got a great condition MGS2 from them a couple months ago, only the case had tons of stickers. Nothing a bit of goo gone couldn't fix. Don't know of their track record though, I only went there to use a gift card I had.

[quote name='TimPV3']Are there any good games for under $6.99?[/QUOTE]

If you have an EB games around, you can pick up several non-excluded games to use for trade-in deals:

PS2
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
Starsky & Hutch
Turok Evolution
Cubix: Robots for Everyone

Xbox
Blowout

GC
Turok Evolution

Those are just a couple I can think of off the top of my head. Trade in 4 and get NASCAR 06 pre-ordered for free at EB games (until Aug 31). Some stores let you switch the pre-order to any new game, so that makes for a real cheap new game.
Good luck, don't abuse it or it will go away.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Every BB is different and has different prices on games (from my experiance going to different stores same game priced different at each store).[/QUOTE]

Generally different prices just means one of the BBs hasn't updated the price stickers.

About 2 weeks ago I saw lots of games in cases, just didnt look into them (unreal cham.2, halo2, mercenaries) hopefully there will be more this friday.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Mine actually has a good selection of games in original cases sometimes with instructions sometimes without. They have the best selection of most BBs since they are the only game store around besides Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]]

This is really weird logic to me. If they're the only game store wouldn't they have less of a selection, since more people are forced to buy from them with no alternatives?

Unless they take in trades from people. My BBs don't take game trades, they only sell Ex-Rental games, and they usually come complete, never stickered, or they price it cheaper if it's disc-only.

I agree w/YMMV on the prices. It's not only from BB to BB, but even in the SAME STORE! You can look at a stack of THUG 2, the first 3 might say $16.99, then the back 2 copies will say $22.99...

My closest BB has a MGS2: Substance PS2 for $16.99, but it's disc-only :oldman:

[quote name='fivecardstud']If you have an EB games around, you can pick up several non-excluded games to use for trade-in deals:

PS2
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
Starsky & Hutch
Turok Evolution

Xbox
Blowout

GC
Turok Evolution

Those are just a couple I can think of off the top of my head. Trade in 4 and get NASCAR 06 pre-ordered for free at EB games (until Aug 31). Some stores let you switch the pre-order to any new game, so that makes for a real cheap new game.
Good luck, don't abuse it or it will go away.[/QUOTE]

it will go away anyways once gamestop takes them over

[quote name='Kerig']]

This is really weird logic to me. If they're the only game store wouldn't they have less of a selection, since more people are forced to buy from them with no alternatives?

Unless they take in trades from people. My BBs don't take game trades, they only sell Ex-Rental games, and they usually come complete, never stickered, or they price it cheaper if it's disc-only.

I agree w/YMMV on the prices. It's not only from BB to BB, but even in the SAME STORE! You can look at a stack of THUG 2, the first 3 might say $16.99, then the back 2 copies will say $22.99...

My closest BB has a MGS2: Substance PS2 for $16.99, but it's disc-only :oldman:[/QUOTE]

Yes they do take trade in on DVDs and Games

I stopped by 3 BBs in the area and only one (Central Ave, Fairborn) had the sale. Here's the prices from that store.

up to 6.99 - 2.99
up to 9.99 - 6.99
up to 16.99 - 10.99
up to 24.99 - 16.99
up to 34.99 - 22.99
up to 44.99 - 29.99

Buy 2 Get 1 Free doesn't work with the sale at that store, but it will be back on the 7th.

It also seems like their inventories had all grown substantially, like they pulled out a huge table full of games out a closet somewhere.

[quote name='radjago']I stopped by 3 BBs in the area and only one (Central Ave, Fairborn) had the sale. Here's the prices from that store.

up to 6.99 - 2.99
up to 9.99 - 6.99
up to 16.99 - 10.99
up to 24.99 - 16.99
up to 34.99 - 22.99
up to 44.99 - 29.99

Buy 2 Get 1 Free doesn't work with the sale at that store, but it will be back on the 7th.

It also seems like their inventories had all grown substantially, like they pulled out a huge table full of games out a closet somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Well I would say it looks like most stores will be doing some version of the sale.
Just happy that my local still has the b2g1free with the sale :)

I asked my local BB yesterday if they had any flyers for the sale, or knew anything about it, they said corporate doesn't usually give them any info about a sale until about 2 days beforehand to avoid confusion (and employees starting the sale early).

The Blockbusters in my area actually do a pretty good job with the quality of what they sell. They a put a few stickers on the cases, but unlike the EB game stickers, the BB ones peel right off with little to no sticky residue on them.

Many of the games I've purchased at BB have had manuals. Just ask the sales clerk to check. Sometimes a game off the shelf won't have the manual, and they will offer to go see if they can find one. You won't get manuals all the time, but frequently.

Sales are usually fairly decent. Last 2/1 sale they had, I picked up MK Deception, DOA Ultimate, MGS3, Bard's Tale, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, and DDR Ultramix 2 for about $110. Not too bad for an average of a little over $18 for each game.

[quote name='fivecardstud']Those are just a couple I can think of off the top of my head. Trade in 4 and get NASCAR 06 pre-ordered for free at EB games (until Aug 31). Some stores let you switch the pre-order to any new game, so that makes for a real cheap new game.
Good luck, don't abuse it or it will go away.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the list, my buddy wants to get Nascar 06 so this should come in handy since he wants to keep all his non-excluded games.

Yep Blockbuster...

My local has had the buy 2 get 1 free running now I think for 3 months straight
add that to this sale and it is a great deal.

Plus most the games are in MINT condition and complete. If it is missing the manual they will usually look for you and with xbox games give you a green case for it if you ask

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Mine actually has a good selection of games in original cases sometimes with instructions sometimes without. They have the best selection of most BBs since they are the only game store around besides Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this was already posted, but, in my experience, Blockbuster has all the Instruction Manuals--you have to ask the store clerk for them, as they keep all the manuals archived in the store, and I think they keep some of the game cases around, too.

I used to buy quite a bit of used games from Blockbuster, and they always dug out the manuals for me; and, on top of that, I could usually get them to find a normal DVD case, or even a console-specific case (ie. w/ the Memory Card slot) if I asked nicely enough.

[quote name='AwRy108']Sorry if this was already posted, but, in my experience, Blockbuster has all the Instruction Manuals--you have to ask the store clerk for them, as they keep all the manuals archived in the store, and I think they keep some of the game cases around, too.

I used to buy quite a bit of used games from Blockbuster, and they always dug out the manuals for me; and, on top of that, I could usually get them to find a normal DVD case, or even a console-specific case (ie. w/ the Memory Card slot) if I asked nicely enough.[/QUOTE]

They don't have ALL the instruction manuals...not always.
If someone trades in a game without it, you are pretty much out of luck.
But yes they are very nice about digging them out if they have it.+

Dude, I stop by Blockbuster on the regular. The bargin bin there is a cornecopia of good stuff. I get DVD boxed sets there for about $25 when they cost $85 new!!!

I'm gonna check it out.

P.S

Always ask for the instruction manuals that are behind the counter is a big damn box. I almost always get mine in mint condition becuase they take them out before they put the game on the shelf. Make sure before you leave.

well i went there and they had the buy 2 get one 1 and i found...
PS - ORIGINAL TEKKEN (NON GH) - 6.99 - Manual - THATS RIGHT LONG BOX!!!!!!!!!!!, they had another long box but it was like "Williams Greatest Hits(Arcade collection).
PS2 - M:I Operation Surma - 6.99 - Asked for one and they didn't have it :(
PS2 - NFL Blitz (I love this game for n64) - 4.99 - Manual

Well you might think this is somewhat crappy but I had a 15 dollar gift card laying around so it was pretty good.

yeah the marked down games part was there so this extreme ymmv.

o yeah, damn blockbuster stickers (ruining my mint tekken will you)

all of the ps games didnt have cases besides mine and that other longbox game i mentioned.

[quote name='cyrix`']well i went there and they had the buy 2 get one 1 and i found...
PS - ORIGINAL TEKKEN (NON GH) - 6.99 - Manual
PS2 - M:I Operation Surma - 6.99 - Asked for one and they didn't have it :(
PS2 - NFL Blitz (I love this game for n64) - 4.99 - Manual

Well you might think this is somewhat crappy but I had a 15 dollar gift card laying around so it was pretty good.

yeah the marked down games part was there so this extreme ymmv.

o yeah, damn blockbuster stickers (ruining my mint tekken will you)[/QUOTE]

from my experience (ps2, xbox games), the BB stickers are really easy to take off with very little "glue" or "gunk" unlike EB stickers...

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']does the sale include previous viewed dvds?[/QUOTE]
no but they had a 2 for 12 dollars area i saw (didnt look at the dvds tho)

Yeah I guess I just need some Goo-Gone but the back sticker thats like paper and its white is a pain to get off.

Oh yeah lil story:
They have that little machine that like has a lil knife that opens up the plastic box and they guy was about to use it on my tekken and i was like "HOLD UP it doesn't have a plastic shielding". psh this guy almost cut open my precious longbox.

He = was a middle aged blonde dyed har with a lisp...

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']does the sale include previous viewed dvds?[/QUOTE]
IIRC, DVDs up to $9.99 were $5.99, and DVDs up to $14.99 were $9.99, but it may vary from store to store.

I went to 2 BBs today, and neither of them had the sale, or knew anything about it. The B2G1F is still in effect, as is has been for almost a year now. :oldman:

I went to one the other day that had Doom 3, Forza, KOTOR II (among other games for $12.99 b2g1 free. Im going back to pick those up.

Well I stopped by my local BB and they had a big banner outside advertising the Blowout Sale.
Picked up a few things and still had the B2G1 with the blowout prices :)

Here is the deal from my local BB with Gamerush this Friday:
BUY 2 GET 1 FREE
and
BUY 1 GET 1 FREE AT 6.99 OR LESS

I just bought BB Red Hot Volleyball Xbox completed (1.99) and PS2 HAVEN disc only (2.99) for a total of 2.99+tax

No big sale here in Lake Forest, CA!!!!

I'll check out this sale sometime this weekend. Thanks for the info, OP.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I went to one the other day that had Doom 3, Forza, KOTOR II (among other games for $12.99 b2g1 free. Im going back to pick those up.[/QUOTE]

I hate you :)

All of my local BBs suck big time! No sign of any sale and fucking high prices.

I could list a bunch of really crappy deals but this would sum it up . . . Paper Mario GC for only $39.99

bread's done
Back