Humble Bundle #2 (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans)

To all unable to run Braid: I was able to get it running on my P4 2.8 Ghz + Intel integrated graphics. I used a third-party batch file that runs Braid in a 1/2 size window. Look around for Braid 1/2 window batch file or something.

[quote name='Doomed']To all unable to run Braid: I was able to get it running on my P4 2.8 Ghz + Intel integrated graphics. I used a third-party batch file that runs Braid in a 1/2 size window. Look around for Braid 1/2 window batch file or something.[/QUOTE]

If its just a batch file, you could post the contents here. If you right-click it, and select "edit", it should open the file in notepad.

Hey anyone having any problems with Revenge of the Titans?
Trying to run it on Windows 7 64-Bit, and for some reason when I install it the exe file doesnt show up.....

[quote name='Brownjohn']If its just a batch file, you could post the contents here. If you right-click it, and select "edit", it should open the file in notepad.[/QUOTE]
I uninstalled Braid long ago, that batch file is gone with it. It was a simple file, someone who knows batch files could remake it. Just a few lines about the window width and window height and perhaps forcing it to run in DX8. I looked around at website I thought I got it from, but I didn't find anything.

[quote name='LeafPanda']Hey anyone having any problems with Revenge of the Titans?
Trying to run it on Windows 7 64-Bit, and for some reason when I install it the exe file doesnt show up.....[/QUOTE]

Norton kept getting rid of mine. Make sure your virus protection knows it's safe.

I haven't tried many of the games in the bundle yet, but I've played a tiny bit of Revenge of the Titans and I like it.

[quote name='folkie_1']Norton kept getting rid of mine. Make sure your virus protection knows it's safe.

I haven't tried many of the games in the bundle yet, but I've played a tiny bit of Revenge of the Titans and I like it.[/QUOTE]
nvm It works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just dropped $20 when I saw they added the first bundle. Already have most of the games available but I really like what they're doing. Might add more to my amount depending on funds.

[quote name='Arakias']Well Braid doesnt work on a late 07 model macbook. Glad I didnt go all in for this.[/QUOTE]

It works fine on my first gen mid-2006 macbook. You have to actually pay attention to that settings window that pops up, it defaults to max settings. Turn the resolution down, it should run great.

This is the deal of the century here. Ten great games (most of which are more than just great), benefits charities, DRM free, Steam integration, AND it's pay what you want? I hope Wolfire gets proper recognition from the CAG awards.

Also, why isn't this on the front page yet? Are we trying to not compete Child's Play numbers? That'd be a stupid reason, I hope that's not the case...

I'm honestly surprised that Braid (the only game I was interested in) works on my pc. I finally installed Steam just for this bundle.

Yeah, I think making the window size smaller (I also set it to run in a window, but maybe it would work full screen at lower rez?) fixes Braid problem on the Mac. Maybe on the PC too? I don't know. In any case, running it at 8xx by 4xx (the 16:9 one), worked for my current gen Mac mini. I haven't tried it again with a higher resolution yet, that's just what I first tried after it initially didn't work at max/fullscreen.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']World of Goo and Braid are now redeemable through OnLive on your download page.[/QUOTE]

For all those people who have PCs that aren't powerful enough to run World of Goo and Braid. :roll:

These guys are unbelievably awesome. Just checked my email and they did in fact send me links to all the Bundle #1 games.

I tried RotT yesterday, and loved it, and I generally don't play tower defense games. Just something about the presentation and design made me love it. Tried Cortex Command, that is definitely a work in progress. I couldn't get it to work right, but I'll try again later.

And I didn't even realize they included the soundtrack for RotT either, and it does have a great soundtrack. Awesome. Now I'm wondering, when does this deal end? I want to donate some more, after I get some more money! :D

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']For all those people who have PCs that aren't powerful enough to run World of Goo and Braid. :roll:[/QUOTE]

They did launch their microconsole, so there's that. Also, the two computers I use most at home probably aren't capable of running Braid. They both have integrated graphics cards that are more than a couple of years old. I tried running Braid on one of them a year ago, it didn't go well.

Ended up trying out Aquaria from the first pack since it was free and it had some steam achieves and I was surprised by a few things. It took me about 2 hours to get my first achievement and that the game is rather decent for something that's 2 years old. It's kind of similar to castlevania symphony of the night where it's a character that collects abilities that helps them get past certain areas. The areas are also very open ended so there's a lot of exploration involved. The boss fights are all rather gimmicky but entertaining to discover. The only issue is with the controls. These type of games scream for a control pad, and the controller can work, but on the keyboard shifting forms is just pressing a number key while you would have to do the whole song dance in order to change on the controller. Remapping keys doesn't seem to be possible to hotkey forms on the controller even though I'm sure I have quite a few excess buttons that I don't need.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Download the Humble Indie Bundle #2 using BitTorrent

I love how these guys try to do everything within their hands to make the customers happy.[/QUOTE]

Okay, the bittorrent thing has to be the coolest thing ever. This is the second group I've seen adopt torrenting so easily, the first being a band that gives out all it's music for free. So glad people see the ease/benefits of torrenting.

Can someone please indulge my curiosity by telling me your opinions about all the games in the Indie Bundle?

I plan to buy the games, but I don't know enough of them to know which one to start playing (I do own World of Goo, and enjoyed that immensely :D )

Thanks..

Aquaria - Haven't played it yet.

Braid - Absolutely loved this game. It's a platformer by the looks of things, but it's not super action-y platforming that you're used to in games like Mario, it's more thought out platforming. It's almost, you could say, a puzzle game. And the story is quite good. It is personally my second favorite video game ending of all time now (first being MGS3).

Cortext Command - Haven't played it yet.

Gish - Haven't played it yet.

Lugaru HD - Haven't played it yet.

Machinarium - This is a point and click kind of game, which is pretty interesting. You have to use your mind to play this one, nothing too skill related in a video game sense here. But if you dig these types of games, you will like it.

Osmos - Very cool little game that uses the law of physics as it's ruleset. And it can be relaxing. I haven't been able to spend enough time with this game yet, but I do want to play some more of it.

Penumbra: Overture - Haven't played it yet.

Revenge of the Titans - Haven't played it yet.

Saromost 2 - Haven't played it yet.

World of Goo - This is a puzzle game too that makes you think about building little goo balls to get from one place to another. It really works well and is a lot of fun. I remember playing it on my sister's Wii, and was totally hooked. And I am glad that I was able to get it from the Humble Indie Bundle #1 that was packaged along with HIB#2!

[quote name='cRodz']Lugaru HD = Furry: The Game

Seriously...[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but if I had to give that title to a single game, it would have to be that Elysian Tail thing.

oh wow
i just checked that game..

The gameplay looks pretty cool but those anthropomorphic characters take the furry concept to a whole new level
Furry and Anime: The Game
:\

[quote name='cRodz']oh wow
i just checked that game..

The gameplay looks pretty cool but those anthropomorphic characters take the furry concept to a whole new level
Furry and Anime: The Game
:\[/QUOTE]

The guy making it, Noogy, is a notorious furry who's been around forever. Anyone who's ever played Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is familiar with his "work."

I don't suppose there is a way to gift the games you already own to someone? And is it only a few games that can be dl'd on Steam? HB2 is only letting me install three games on Steam.

[quote name='MorPhiend']I don't suppose there is a way to gift the games you already own to someone? And is it only a few games that can be dl'd on Steam? HB2 is only letting me install three games on Steam.[/QUOTE]

From www.humblebundle.com

Not all of the games are on Steam yet: Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans will automatically be added to your library once they make their Steam debut.

[quote name='MorPhiend']I don't suppose there is a way to gift the games you already own to someone?[/quote]
You could do better, and buy a whole bundle for them. Where are you gonna do better than 10 games, available both on Steam (and two other digital services) and DRM-free direct downloads, for under 8 bucks?

And is it only a few games that can be dl'd on Steam? HB2 is only letting me install three games on Steam.
If you'd care to read the note on the website:
Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans will be auto-activated when they make their Steam debut.

I agree with GamerKingFaiz on his assessments of the games he had played, so I'll just comment my thoughts on the ones he hasn't:

Aquaria - Sort of like Metroid in gameplay and Ecco in setting. You also learn songs that do special things, so a little bit like OoT. It's pretty fun and has great style.

Cortext Command - I only played the tutorial, but I'll say it was kind of difficult with my laptop's touchpad. It seems to be a 2D shooter that takes some strategy.

Gish - A nice enough platformer, but I feel like it has been outdone by every other indie PC platformer that's been notable lately (that is, I liked Braid, VVVVVV, And Yet It Moves, and Super Meat Boy all much more than this game). You play as a tar ball who makes it through levels using his ability to squeeze through small holes, bounce, and pack himself together to become heavier.

Lugaru HD - I couldn't really get into this one. It's furry art design, dark story, and confusing controls combined into something I just didn't want to play. I should give it another chance. It's set in a fully 3D world with an emphasis on real time close range combat.

Penumbra: Overture - My favorite game of HIB #1 because I love horror games. This one has a more physical world than something like Resident Evil where you just click on an item to use it. There's stuff like moving things around with your mouse and blocking doors to make sure you're safe.

Revenge of the Titans - I didn't play this one much yet. It's some sort of strategy game where you build things to fight of approaching hoards (is that a tower defense game, I don't know).

Saromost 2 - I thinks it's a point-and-click adventure like Machinarium, but I found it's puzzles to be tougher, so I haven't played it as much as Machinarium (that is, I haven't touched it since the day it was originally added to the HIB #1 last year).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You could do better, and buy a whole bundle for them. Where are you gonna do better than 10 games, available both on Steam (and two other digital services) and DRM-free direct downloads, for under 8 bucks?[/QUOTE]

I realize that. I just didn't want to waste games I already own.

Is anybody else having issues getting Revenge of the Titans to run? The game will not even come up for me at all. I'll see it in processes but it goes away almost instantly. =\

I'm going to have to send in my specs to the people doing the bundle and see what they say about it.

[quote name='Fragger']Is anybody else having issues getting Revenge of the Titans to run? The game will not even come up for me at all. I'll see it in processes but it goes away almost instantly. =\

I'm going to have to send in my specs to the people doing the bundle and see what they say about it.[/QUOTE]

Out of everything I installed (all Steam games + RotT), RotT is the only game I've played and it worked fine.

Went ahead and donated. Grabbed Bundle #1 too with the donation, which was nice. Missed out on that one. But I can't turn down a good deal for good games that benefits charity.

bread's done
Back