Humble Bundle #2 (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans)

I'm sort of thinking that people who are only buying this because of Steam activation are either compulsive Steam-hoarders, or just kind of dicks. This is (or rather, can be) for charity, people!

I have a question. If I play through the games that aren't on Steam yet, will the achivements be retroactive once they are added to Steam? Meaning will the playthrough transfer over to the Steam versions?

Also, how does gifting of this bundle work? I want to gift this to a few of my friends for the holidays. I understand you just click the "Order as Gift" checkbox and enter your own email. But after that do you just give the URLs to your friends?

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']If I play through the games that aren't on Steam yet, will the achivements be retroactive once they are added to Steam? Meaning will the playthrough transfer over to the Steam versions?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the achievements won't transfer to steam.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Also, how does gifting of this bundle work? I want to gift this to a few of my friends for the holidays. I understand you just click the "Order as Gift" checkbox and enter your own email. But after that do you just give the URLs to your friends?[/QUOTE]
You'll get a special gift URL. Give this URL to your friend, and he'll get a form asking him for his email - after that he'll get his own unique URL of the bundle.

[quote name='AlexIW']Nope, the achievements won't transfer to steam.

You'll get a special gift URL. Give this URL to your friend, and he'll get a form asking him for his email - after that he'll get his own unique URL of the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for responding!:D

I got it now that it has steam support. I really doubt I'll ever play any of the games but its nice to know I have them in my digital backlog on steam. I also wanted to show Steam that people will support their platform is they do tie in like this.

And before people attack me, I donated 10 bucks and I was going to do that on CAG and get some tickets for the raffle but thought this was better instead. I still might score some raffle tickets later though.

[quote name='Phrozenx']Hey I got a Steam code but only 3 out of the 5 games were added... what give? :([/QUOTE]
The other two aren't on steam.

I ordered 2 for $10 each. The first one I split it between the devs and charity. The second one I tried to split $10 evenly. For some reason it didn't let me give $2.50 for each category, and one of them always had to be $2.49. It was a game in and of itself, lol.

[quote name='Phrozenx']Hey I got a Steam code but only 3 out of the 5 games were added... what give? :([/QUOTE]

The Steam key is a "subscription" key, which means CC and RoTT will be auto-added to your library when they debut on Steam.
Source

Also, interesting fact taken off the HIB Twitter:
[quote name='"humble"']Hmm, interesting: looks like by adding Steam keys to the bundle, the average price is going down[/QUOTE]
Ouch.:roll:

Also some good news for people that haven't bought it yet the end date has been extended, while the host adds some new features. I wonder they'll be...
Source

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']
Also, interesting fact taken off the HIB Twitter:
[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't look into it that much. The big spenders have probably already paid for the bundle a while ago, so the average price has nowhere to go but down.

Plus there might be some people snagging some extra cheap copies for gifts now that they can be activated on Steam. I'm thinking about buying an extra $1 copy myself just to have an extra key lying around. Especially since it said "I already activated the key" when I tried entering my HIB code, presumably because I already owned Osmos, Braid, and Machinarium on Steam. Half afraid it'll think that key is already used, but not unlock Cortex Command and Titans when they hit Steam. Having a spare would be nice.

wow. I have braid already, but will check this out.

I never played the other games that much fromt he first bundle so I will see if I do this or not.

Thanks

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Also, interesting fact taken off the HIB Twitter:[/QUOTE]
Doesn't surprise me at all. Lots of Steam-hoarders out there who are probably just paying a penny or whatever, just to have something to add to their Steam game lists.

[quote name='miriamleo']I don't use Steam often, how do I redeem the codes? Can I do it on Steam's website?[/QUOTE]

Open Steam -> click games -> activate a product on steam... -> put the serial in you were emailed

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wow, steam activation. In for 10 cents worth ... make great stocking stuffers now... charity and steam, can't be beat.[/QUOTE]

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

From Twitter:

# New customers can get the Humble Bundle #1 bonus by helping us push up the average 3 minutes ago via web

# The bonus bundle is also (mostly) redeemable on Steam 4 minutes ago via web

# There are now 11 games on your download pages 5 minutes ago via web

# Everyone who purchased the Humble Indie Bundle #2 just got the Humble Indie Bundle #1 http://www.humblebundle.com/ 5 minutes ago via web

http://www.humblebundle.com/bundle-in-bundle

Oh my, oh, oh, oh my. This is great news. I was just beating myself over last time that I didn't catch the last bundle.

Thanks for making my day Cao Cao, and more importantly, the people behind the Humble Indie Bundle.

They said Samorost 2 isn't available with the Steam code yet, but I wonder if it'll automatically be added, like how they say both Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans are going to be automatically added...

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']They said Samorost 2 isn't available with the Steam code yet, but I wonder if it'll automatically be added, like how they say both Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans are going to be automatically added...[/QUOTE]

The Humble Bundle #1 has been redeemable on Steam for a long time, and Samorost2 was never added to it, so...

That is interesting about the Samorost2 thing. Given how good a deal the bundle is, I felt bad complaining that it wasn't added with the Steam key. Its cool they are working so hard to meet the demands (and show they understand) their consumer base. Much respect.

-

Hrm. I only picked up the first one to get keys for some of the games on Steam that I already owned elsewhere. As such, I didn't pay the requisite 7.32 to get access to the first bundle. So the question is, do I go ahead and buy it again, to get access to the first bundle, to put those games on steam...

Just got the email notifying me that they added Humble Indie Bundle #1 to my download queue. Starting to feel bad that I've only paid $5 for all these games up to this point. What a great gesture, glad this seems to be working out for everyone involved.

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']Just got the email notifying me that they added Humble Indie Bundle #1 to my download queue. Starting to feel bad that I've only paid $5 for all these games up to this point. What a great gesture, glad this seems to be working out for everyone involved.[/QUOTE]

If you go to your download page, near the top, above the games, there's a place to add to your donation. Throw them another $5!

Decided to bypass the majority of Steam sales this year and put my money towards this. A nice bonus to get the first humble bundle pack as well.

bread's done
Back