Humble Bundle Thread

Good sega bundle if you don't own majority of the games. Too bad I already own everything except Medieval II (which doesn't include Kingdoms expansions) and Typing of the Dead (No DLC). I also own Alpha Protocol (really cool game that I recommend people play) from Gamersgate but a steam version is tempting.

I'm only missing TotD and Medieval 2, so I think I'll skip this. If it was TotD + all the DLC, I'd have been all over it, but I'm not interested in sans-Kingdoms Medieval II and TotD alone has already hit the $5/75% off price point.
It's pretty solid second tier if you don't already own Binary Domain and Renegade Ops, which, surprisingly, I don't. I hate to piss away a TotD key though. Also I really don't want that ancient Sega Genesis crap on my Steam account. Grr.

EDIT: And now I'm waffling on whether this is worthwhile at all. I'm paying $2 each for Hell, Yeah!, Binary Domain, and Renegade Ops. Is that economically sound (i.e., CAGly)? I'm not even sure I'd play the weird rabbit game. Are these games worth $2 or should I have just bought an Amazon Sega Bundle?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only missing TotD and Medieval 2, so I think I'll skip this. If it was TotD + all the DLC, I'd have been all over it, but I'm not interested in sans-Kingdoms Medieval II and TotD alone has already hit the $5/75% off price point.
Any ideas on if/how many more Typing of the Dead DLCs are coming? Think I might wait for a complete version.
Just keep an eye out for a Sega sale at GMG. They've put sales on both Typing of the Dead DLCs every time they've had one.

Since I own none of these on Steam except for Rome: Total War, I guess I'll BTA on one bundle, and get a $1 bundle as a double. The $6-tier could be stronger though, so I'll hold out and see if crappy sales make them add something. Still.. each game works out to be $1.25 if I ignore the Genesis stuff, so not too shabby.

This bundle reeks of them being cheap though (not even Rome has the expansion). And that $15-tier keeps coming back, even though it can go to hell.

Good sega bundle if you don't own majority of the games. Too bad I already own everything except Medieval II (which doesn't include Kingdoms expansions) and Typing of the Dead (No DLC). I also own Alpha Protocol (really cool game that I recommend people play) from Gamersgate but a steam version is tempting.
I disagree. It's a decent/good bundle... they they sure cut all the DLC from it... even for the old-ass stuff like TW: Rome and Medieval II. I suspect they're going to get a surge of DLC purchases.

It's pretty solid second tier if you don't already own Binary Domain and Renegade Ops, which, surprisingly, I don't. I hate to piss away a TotD key though. Also I really don't want that ancient Sega Genesis crap on my Steam account. Grr.
Don't worry the Genesis should only be one game entry... the games are DLC.

Great games here, but I've bought most of these games recently and haven't played them. Guess I learned my lesson.

The only ones I don't have are TotD and the shitty RTS games I'll never play. I have Renegade Ops on PS3 already, pretty meh.

Great games here, but I've bought most of these games recently and haven't played them. Guess I learned my lesson.

The only ones I don't have are TotD and the shitty RTS games I'll never play. I have Renegade Ops on PS3 already, pretty meh.
Yeah, technically I have Alpha Protocol, Renegade Ops, Binary Domain and Hell Yeah for my 360.. I think in this case it's worth double-dipping. I mean I got them all on the cheap anyways, way before I started buying PC games again (had a crappy computer for the last 4 years).

I mean before any coupon/s.
Wow, really? I'm impressed by your adherence to your CAG nature. I really doubt that will happen, possibly ever, but kudos.

I mean the most it'd see in a Steam sale is 75% off and they don't do promo codes.

Threw a buck in for Hell Yeah, but really more excited for Alpha Protocol (though I already own it, DLed it this week, waiting for my new laptop to come in the mail!).

Which makes it even more of a pass.

I foretell that if a Squeenix bundle ever comes to fruition, it will be met with the same fanfare. "Good bundle. Own most of it. Pass."
Precisely why I haven't bought any of the recent Square games. Either Humble or Amazon will blow my mind one day and I'll swoop them all up. Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs sound like a good package to me.

Threw a buck in for Hell Yeah, but really more excited for Alpha Protocol (though I already own it, DLed it this week, waiting for my new laptop to come in the mail!).

Precisely why I haven't bought any of the recent Square games. Either Humble or Amazon will blow my mind one day and I'll swoop them all up. Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs sound like a good package to me.
If you have any interest in actually playing them... I'd suggest biting next time they hit five. Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Abs are excellent, and Tomb Raider is quite enjoyable. But if you're just collecting, it's a numbers game.

Funny you should mention that.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/square-enix-hit-pack/

$23.75 (before promo code) for all 3 of those games + Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition

Not sure if promo code works, but it'd be 20% off, making it about $19.

I already own all of this except ToTD, so... no.

Beware: SEGA has pulled a dick move and have pulled select games from Genesis Pack 1 and Genesis Pack 5... so, in effect, you will end up owning none of the complete packs and will have to either go the more expensive a la carte route and buy them individually on sale, or re-buy packs of stuff you mostly own. 

If you have any interest in actually playing them... I'd suggest biting next time they hit five. Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Abs are excellent, and Tomb Raider is quite enjoyable. But if you're just collecting, it's a numbers game.
This. Whenever a triple A game hits $5 is when I will bite. Its an exception to the rule that EA had that humble bundle - it's very rare.

I disagree. It's a decent/good bundle... they they sure cut all the DLC from it... even for the old-ass stuff like TW: Rome and Medieval II. I suspect they're going to get a surge of DLC purchases.

Don't worry the Genesis should only be one game entry... the games are DLC.
I've been saying that for months. Humble's been including games with loads of DLC so the publishers get profit later on.

Bought the $6 tier. I am getting very annoyed that they have gone back to using the one code per tier system despite the fact that they no longer even use codes and the entire point of the new direct to account system was implemented in order for the games to be split up and gifted. At least that's one of the excuses I've heard for it. It's irritating that I can't just give away a game I already own to somebody and I'm expected to just eat the fact that the game was sacrificed to the void.

I really enjoyed Hell Yeah! on the 360, so I am kicking in $1 as a tip. Never going to play it again, but whatever....

Don't really care about all the other crap in the bundle.

The three games individually come out to $21.24 before promo code. Promo code would make them ~$17.
If we're talking unconditional lowest price, I paid $14 for all four (w/DX:HR DC).
I was going to post something different, but it would have been mean. This is getting too serious. (And know thy lowest prices before debating.)

I say we go out to lunch and enjoy some

cafe15.jpg

I've been saying that for months. Humble's been including games with loads of DLC so the publishers get profit later on.
So what? They (Sega and other publishers) are running a business, not a charity.

Putting games for cheap on Humble Bundle is an advertisement. So what if they PROFIT later on? It's expected from a business.

So what? They (Sega and other publishers) are running a business, not a charity.

Putting games for cheap on Humble Bundle is an advertisement. So what if they PROFIT later on? It's expected from a business.
The companies themselves may not be a charity but the entire purpose of the bundles are supposed to be to support charity. Edit: I now realize I'm contradicting my previous post. Edit Edit: Great now steam is down apparently. Well fuck

Last edited:
If we're talking unconditional lowest price, I paid $14 for all four (w/DX:HR DC).
Pretty good. But I was just posting it in case he felt like it was a good value and was tired of waiting for some other bundle.

I thought Amazon had one going simultaneously, but I guess not. Their Sonic bundle was fantastic last week but I didn't have the budget for it at the time, missed out. I'm not sure why Sega is having all these sales/bundles recently.

I was going to post something different, but it would have been mean. This is getting too serious. (And know thy lowest prices before debating.)

I say we go out to lunch and enjoy some

cafe15.jpg
But I'm not debating anything. :| Just stating numbers. But sure, lunch sounds great.

I'm not an accountant, but the Humble EA Bundle made me suspect they were getting a massive tax write-off for the full list price of the games "donated" to a charity fundraiser (note EA didn't make it possible to give them a cut).

But yeah... and CAG bundle expectations tend to skew unreasonably high.

Funny you should mention that.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/square-enix-hit-pack/

$23.75 (before promo code) for all 3 of those games + Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition

Not sure if promo code works, but it'd be 20% off, making it about $19.
This. Whenever a triple A game hits $5 is when I will bite. Its an exception to the rule that EA had that humble bundle - it's very rare.
I do want to play all of them, but don't have the time or spare cash due to personal commitments and school right now. Square discounts heavily and the games will be around for a long time.

This thread is getting a little too surreal for me. Big Wong's is actually a great restaurant in NYC's Chinatown.

You guys are in for a treat with Typing of the Dead and Binary Domain. Nice strategy games too, but those are plentiful on PC.

I do want to play all of them, but don't have the time or spare cash due to personal commitments and school right now. Square discounts heavily and the games will be around for a long time.
Oh okay. I just wasn't sure if you knew about it. Carry on. Hopefully you get some spare cash soon, Sleeping Dogs is definitely worth the $4 it's at right now.

I'm not an accountant, but the Humble EA Bundle made me suspect they were getting a massive tax write-off for the full list price of the games "donated" to a charity fundraiser (note EA didn't make it possible to give them a cut).

But yeah... and CAG bundle expectations tend to skew unreasonably high.
You're absolutely right about the tax write-off. It's why I wasn't kissing EA ass after their bundle because I knew they were doing it for PR/tax write-off (by using that full list value).

Is that picture directed at me, or am I just being paranoid?

Not even sure if I'll go in for a $1.  I have Alpha Protocol on PS3 and if it hasn't already, I'm pretty sure Hell Yeah is going to show up as free with PS Plus eventually so I might just save my $1.  The only thing I don't have in the $6 tier is TotD Overkill and I can wait for a complete pack at 75% off for that one.  

*shrugs*

When I see a game go for pennies but then there's like $30 worth of DLC... it just ticks me off.

I was about to do a trade with someone and Steam went down. Figures.

Not even sure if I'll go in for a $1. I have Alpha Protocol on PS3 and if it hasn't already, I'm pretty sure Hell Yeah is going to show up as free with PS Plus eventually so I might just save my $1. The only thing I don't have in the $6 tier is TotD Overkill and I can wait for a complete pack at 75% off for that one.
Ugh, $6 for TOTD, and maybe the 10 retro games collection. I'll have to gnash my teeth on this one and hold out! If it were $4, I'd scoop it up. 6 is asking too much. Put in $1 for the first tier games.

Oh okay. I just wasn't sure if you knew about it. Carry on. Hopefully you get some spare cash soon, Sleeping Dogs is definitely worth the $4 it's at right now.

You're absolutely right about the tax write-off. It's why I wasn't kissing EA ass after their bundle because I knew they were doing it for PR/tax write-off (by using that full list value).

Is that picture directed at me, or am I just being paranoid?
I think the picture was directed at me because of what I said. Regardless the original intention of the whole proccess was charity or not that doesn't prevent larger corporations from taking advantage of said charity for personal gain. That's always the case though. No matter what charity you choose to back there will always be a larger corporation behind the scenes corrupting the original goals. That's why I used the words "supposed to be". Yes the goal is supposed to be charity it doesn't mean the corporations backing it care for said charity or that their goal is to be charitable.

Last edited:
I think the picture was directed at me because of what I said. Regardless the original intention of the whole proccess was charity or not that doesn't prevent larger corporations from taking advantage of said charity for personal gain. That's always the case though. No matter what charity you choose to back there will always be a larger corporation behind the scenes corrupting the original goals. That's why I used the words "supposed to be".
If you're going to argue that, then Humble Bundle corrupted their own goals when they started offering Steam keys for their bundled games. The whole point of Humble Bundle was that it was DRM-free and you could name your own price in response to the overzealous DRM of the time.

Ugh, $6 for TOTD, and maybe the 10 retro games collection. I'll have to gnash my teeth on this one and hold out! If it were $4, I'd scoop it up. 6 is asking too much.
Yeah, I mean I bought the Sega Classic Games pack for $5 from Amazon, but it came with all 5 packs and 50 games so I felt that was a better value tbh.

If you're going to argue that, then Humble Bundle corrupted their own goals when they started offering Steam keys for their bundled games. The whole point of Humble Bundle was that it was DRM-free and you could name your own price in response to the overzealous DRM of the time.
True indeed. Success corrupts.

Another humble bundle, another tinfoil hat charity argument.

Can't we just bitch about the games like proper CAGs?
I started out doing that. No individual games in this one again and all that. What a load of shite blah blah blah.

Last edited:
*shrugs*

When I see a game go for pennies but then there's like $30 worth of DLC... it just ticks me off.

I was about to do a trade with someone and Steam went down. Figures.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freebie_marketing

Freebie Marketing

"Razor and blades business model" has been a part of gaming for years. Console makers in the past sold their consoles at a lost and make money back from licensing.

It part of the business and it's the profits that incentives Publishers and Developers to continue making the games I like to play. The base games are fun by themselves and no one is forcing you to buy the DLC.

bread's done
Back