Humble Bundle Thread

Yeah, I saw that "Come Back Next Monday" thing too. I'd be pretty happy with a 24-hour repeat bundle every week, just hoping they stick to repeats and not the other kind of bundles they did during the two weeks of dailies.

I see on the flash page itself it says "Check back every Monday for new deals." so it must be a new Monday thing. 'Soon' doesn't mean days away to me, but I guess it's all relative. 'Soon' should mean hours when it comes to these kinds of promotions.

I love how bundle sites keep pushing more and more garbage just to get a mass amount of bundles. Monday, Sometimes Tuesday, Flash Humble, Humble Weekly, IndieRoyale new one every week including debut bundles (about the only ones I buy sparingly), and Greenlight bundles everywhere. I don't mind the Monday bundles and Greenlight Bundles as long as they're frozen in price to start and provide some value for a cheap price...but the other ones are getting easier and easier to pass on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Shitty Bundle, launches every day of the week. $1 minimum for Bad Rats and Revelations 2012, BTA for Horrid Henry. Pay more than $12 for artistic drawings of 1 Guy 1 Jar.

With all of these bundle sites increasing their bundling opportunities, we're now just waiting for one of them to start offering a bundle season monthly pass right? Something like pay $20-25 and get every released bundle for that month. Just think of all of those potentially unwanted repeats...

I have a feeling this might be the next progression in bundle site strategy.

Wasn't there already a bundle site that tried that and failed?

edit: http://www.infinitybundle.com/
Interesting. I didn't know about that one. Only an established and widely-known bundle site with a good track record could actually pull off such an offer. I'm not surprised at all it didn't work out for the largely unknown infinitybundle.

EDIT: "Pay Once. Get New Games Forever." Someone actually thought that was a good idea? For-ev-er? I guess they don't like revenue streams.

Wasn't there already a bundle site that tried that and failed?

edit: http://www.infinitybundle.com/

Interesting. I didn't know about that one. Only an established and widely-known bundle site with a good track record could actually pull off such an offer. I'm not surprised at all it didn't work out for the largely unknown infinitybundle.

EDIT: "Pay Once. Get New Games Forever." Someone actually thought that was a good idea? For-ev-er? I guess they don't like revenue streams.
That's not a bundle site. It was one developer's promotion and applies only to their games. They offered it free to anyone who purchased something of theirs in the past and like $40-$50 for anyone else. They don't make $40 games and their biggest hit, Faerie Solitaire, is $1 frequently.

Another bundle where the second-week additions aren't so great. Guess this is gonna be the new trend.

Also laughing at the Blade Symphony sale considering it was in a $1.50 bundle 2 weeks ago.

That's not a bundle site. It was one developer's promotion and applies only to their games. They offered it free to anyone who purchased something of theirs in the past and like $40-$50 for anyone else. They don't make $40 games and their biggest hit, Faerie Solitaire, is $1 frequently.
It was $27, and the Subsoap member site sucks. You still have to purchase Steam keys from their projects for like if they even get to Steam--most of them are mobile games. They didn't give me a Steam key for Faerie Solitaire in my account, even though Steam keys for life was one of their selling points. Have to buy it for direct download for like $4.99.

I got my account for free, as I'm sure a lot of us here did. All they have available are Faerie-themed Android alphas that require authkeys for direct download and activation. The bundle happened over two years ago, and they've produced almost nothing worthwhile.

I really enjoyed Faerie Solitaire for what it was and I remember when that offer came out.  With how aggressively they gave out Faerie Solitaire and with nothing new for a while I just didn't have much faith in that offer having much value.  Turns out I was right.  Sucks for whoever bought into it.  

It was $27, and the Subsoap member site sucks. You still have to purchase Steam keys from their projects for like if they even get to Steam--most of them are mobile games. They didn't give me a Steam key for Faerie Solitaire in my account, even though Steam keys for life was one of their selling points. Have to buy it for direct download for like $4.99.

I got my account for free, as I'm sure a lot of us here did. All they have available are Faerie-themed Android alphas that require authkeys for direct download and activation. The bundle happened over two years ago, and they've produced almost nothing worthwhile.
Based on my fuzzy recollection, this entire promotion was a sort of weird, non-Kickstarter-but-kinda-Kickstarter way to fund the development of the Faeverse Alchemy game that hasn't yet materialized. I'm sure they'll actually release the game at some point, but who knows whether the people who actually bought into this will see keys?

Personally I think they should have just released Faerie Solitaire 2, as the first one didn't look like it cost too much to make and they ended it with a cliffhanger. With the profits from an FS trilogy, they could have probably funded the ambitious Faeverse thingamajig.

He put Faerie Alchemy on Early Access a while back. It's a really unfinished in spite of being in development 2+ years horribly overpriced generic mobile game. But don't say that in the forums or in a review or he'll censor or harass you.

He didn't add Steam keys for it to the Infinity forever (but not really) accounts because Ain't nobody got time for that. Or something.

You can request a key by email but I think only if you paid. He said something about not wanting to give keys to the free infinity people which he maybe should have thought about when he made that offer.

I love how bundle sites keep pushing more and more garbage just to get a mass amount of bundles. Monday, Sometimes Tuesday, Flash Humble, Humble Weekly, IndieRoyale new one every week including debut bundles (about the only ones I buy sparingly), and Greenlight bundles everywhere. I don't mind the Monday bundles and Greenlight Bundles as long as they're frozen in price to start and provide some value for a cheap price...but the other ones are getting easier and easier to pass on.
Sounds like the game industry, "Hey, <insert thing here> is selling really well! Let's makes hundreds more of it and make it progressively worse each time, since that will totally boost sales more."

Sounds like the game industry, "Hey, <insert thing here> is selling really well! Let's makes hundreds more of it and make it progressively worse each time, since that will totally boost sales more."
Well, I wouldn't pick on the games industry. It's more like any industry of any kind anywhere ever. I saw something on IGN or Strategy Informer the other day about how the Kim Kardashian mobile game has made $200 million. It's the nature of marketing in general: slap Doctor Who or The Hunger Games or Fifty Shades of Grey or The Hobbit or John Grisham or James Patterson or Oprah or Dr. Oz or Law and Order or Kim Kardashian on anything and it will sell ten times better than the same thing without it. By the same token, if you see a market trend that is very popular among consumers, imitate, rinse, and repeat.

[insert "Capitalism, Ho!" meme here]

EDIT: Hell, we certainly haven't hit a saturation point for stupid reality shows yet because production companies keep churning out new and ridiculous garbage at every opportunity. At some point there may be a saturation point for these things but I'm starting to think that is just wishful thinking on my part.

He put Faerie Alchemy on Early Access a while back. It's a really unfinished in spite of being in development 2+ years horribly overpriced generic mobile game. But don't say that in the forums or in a review or he'll censor or harass you.

He didn't add Steam keys for it to the Infinity forever (but not really) accounts because Ain't nobody got time for that. Or something.

You can request a key by email but I think only if you paid. He said something about not wanting to give keys to the free infinity people which he maybe should have thought about when he made that offer.
I bought Faerie Solitaire back in 2011 and I'm listed as a VIP when I login to that subsoap site. I've requested a key as is suggested in the FaeVerse Alchemy forum on Steam. I'll post when I get a response.

You are probably the only person in existence playing that game for the plot.
toaster.jpg

Wow, that's total crap. :(

I play Faerie Solitaire cause it makes me feel like a faerie...oh and the graphical effects like the glowing cards! It was a great free game though easily....

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Simulators 2:

• Universe Sandbox
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious!
  • Out of the Park Baseball 14
Pay $6 or more for:

• Turbo Dismount
  • Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition
Pay $10 or more for:

• Euro Truck Simulator 2 + Fantasy Paint Jobs Pack

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Other Humble Store sales:

I believe there were some people bitching about OOTP Baseball needing a deal during the Steam Sales?

Fantastic $1-tier (like really, really good for a Weekly), but the higher tiers are garbage. I have no idea what Humble's doing anymore.

If they had included Tropico 4: Collector's Edition and ETS2 Gold, it would have made a lot more sense.

Who cares it's Baseball. Does the 2015 version suddenly become not Baseball?
Actually after looking it over it isn't. It looks to be some form of spreadsheet simulator.

It also looks like the 2014 version is delisted from Steam.

Last edited:
Btw, Out of the Park Baseball 14 is delisted on Steam apparently, so those of you who care about that sort of thing (me), have an extra incentive to pick it up.

bread's done
Back