Humble Bundle Thread

Et al.

Ah, I was missing my regularly scheduled installments of Days of Our CAGs.
xECUaiU.jpg
I call shenanigans. Ancient Greeks didn't have hourglasses.

Or togas.

Uplay DRM only on Heroes VI on Humble Store, correct?

ALA, No steam key? What's the story here?
Simple - when does Ubi really give anybody Steam-versions?

Most 3rd party stores (retail or digital) - Ubi's games get UPlay DRM only.

EA does that a lot, as well.

I think Amazon-DVG was one of the few places that could pull off "get some Steam-key" off from Ubi - b/c Tony knew what most of his (CAG) audience wanted and actually pushed for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, well the developer wrote back and gave me a key along with a nice note. So VIP + owning Faerie Solitaire = FaeVerse Alchemy key.
Alright, well the developer wrote back and gave me a key along with a nice note. So VIP + owning Faerie Solitaire = FaeVerse Alchemy key.
Where does the VIP status show up when you sign in? I made an account and redeemed the key they sent which said I was updated to VIP but I don't see VIP anywhere.

DRAMA!  Re: Faerie Solitaire 'VIP' status.  You're only supposed to be a VIP if you paid for the Infinity Bundle itself not if you got it comped for merely buying Faerie Solitaire.  I'd have to go digging in my old e-mails to actually find me key to see if it mistakenly flagged me as a VIP for buying FS but... meh.

VIP where?
for years, at every strip club in Houston, but in this case subsoap

You guys got a promise to pay you on Tuesday for a Hamburger today the Infinity Bundle for free because you owned Faerie Solitaire, right?

I tried to find the post where he was complaining about not wanting to give the free IB people keys for Faeverse Alchemy but he deleted it. :roll:

At any rate you did get a key so that's good, even if he really should get off his butt and all them to the subsoap accounts.
I won my copy of Faerie Solitaire on steamgifts

#truecag

RE: Drama. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah get a room already you two. I like both of you, stop being dumb. YOU'RE TEAHRIN US APAHT

Re: Faerie whatzits: I think I qualify for a Faeverse Steam key, since I bought the game on sale and actually registered for the infinity bundle thing. I'll go ahead and ask the dev for a key I guess.
agreed, totally killing my birthday weekend buzz here.

I'm pretty sure Hal mentioned he bought FS, which I think is why his account is VIP or whatever.
I bought it in the summer of 2011, back when Humble was still new and something of a rarity. Steam had good sales.

Some people did get the Infinity bundle free for owning FS. This was back when you were playing consoles so you weren't around.
Yeah, I bought FS from Steam and then signed up for that Infinity Bundle whenever he was giving them out for free to anyone that owned the game. It seemed really stupid at the time, and something that was too good to be true. As it turns out it was, as nothing much has come of it.

Still, I liked the game and was happy to see more of whatever he was making.

Where does the VIP status show up when you sign in? I made an account and redeemed the key they sent which said I was updated to VIP but I don't see VIP anywhere.
It shows up at the top right corner by your user name.

Well after finding my log-in for whatever reason it did actually give me VIP status despite not buying the Infinity Bundle itself.  I did, however, actually buy FS for around $2ish about a year or so before they started giving it away like candy.  Now I am the proud owner of FaeVerse Alchemy.

I look down upon all of you cattle who got it for free thus not deserving of glorious VIP status!

The dev answered me a few hours ago, and I have a game key too. I haven't activated it yet.

I wonder why he's not doing this automatically. It's not like evil bots can farm the game keys like they do with bundles.

I played it for about thirty minutes.  There's only two of maybe five or six modes enabled and nothing in the way of instructions or a tutorial yet.  Got bored.

This is fun. For the record you're both stupid, though. Motoki = temperamental woman who decides docile comments are actually attacks on her emotional well-being, and Squirrel = Know it all postasaurus rex who feels the need to jump into every conversation and correct things, regardless if he has any idea what's going on.

I'm a bit sad about the quick ignore. It's so much funner when these things drag out and burn brighter and brighter...
I'm still here for you whenever you need me.

New Humble Flash Re-Bundle -Simulators!:

• Bridge Project
  • Trainz Simulator 12
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Wildlife Park 3
Pay $6 or more for:

• Agricultural Simulator 2013
  • Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming
  • Pool Nation
  • Professional Farmer 2014

New Humble Bundle - Skybound's The Walking Dead:

• The Walking Dead, Volume 1
  • Invincible, Volume 1
  • Witch Doctor, Volume 1
  • Ghosted, Volume 1
Beat the Average for:

• The Walking Dead, Volumes 2 & 3
  • Thief of Thieves, Volume 1
  • Super Dinosaur, Volume 1
Pay $15 or more for:

• The Walking Dead, Volumes 4 & 5
Pay $40 or more for:

• The Walking Dead T-Shirt & Volume 20
Pay $65 or more for:

• Limited edition Negan action figure
Get the first three issues for FREE (Also locks in the average, thanks madjoki!)

There's also a comic bundle with The Walking Dead and others.

Pay What You Want

• The Walking Dead, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-6
  • Invincible, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-4
  • Witch Doctor, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-5
  • Ghosted, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-5
Beat the Average
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 2 & 3 - Issues 7-18
  • Thief of Thieves, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-7
  • Super Dinosaur, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-6
  • Second Week Bonuses
$15 or more
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 4 & 5 - Issues 19-30

I must say, that's not the Flash Bundle I was hoping for.
I guess it makes sense considering the weekly, but it's still disappointing.

I didn't own any of the $6-tier back when it first launched and I still passed but most of it has shown up in better bundles by now (aside from Pool Nation).

$1-tier's still alright.

If anyone is on the fence about The Walking Dead comic bundle and are a fan of the show I would recommend them.  I have read all of them minus the last two monthly issues.  The Walking Dead is what got me into comic books.  I feel like the first two seasons of the show were much better than the comics, but ever since the
prison
I feel like the comics are the better format for TWD.  The trade paperback's, or volumes as they are called here, rarely drop below $8 as far as I know, so getting vol 1-5 for 15 bucks isn't terrible. Though I feel like your best bet would be to get them from your local library.  

If you are new to comics and looking to pick up something to try comics I would recommend something other than TWD.  DC, Marvel, and Image do a lot better work imho.  TWD was my first comic series and really got me into comics but now that I have started reading other series I have to say TWD is low on my list to pick up and read.  Granted, I was never a huge fan of the zombie genre so that may be why.

Also Invincible is also a fun read from Kirkman.

TLDR: It's not a bad deal but pick them up from your library if possible.  If you are a comic book fan I strongly recommend trying other stuff as well.

There's also a comic bundle with The Walking Dead and others.

Pay What You Want

• The Walking Dead, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-6
  • Invincible, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-4
  • Witch Doctor, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-5
  • Ghosted, Vol. 1 - Issues 1-5
I recommend Witch Doctor. The art is beautiful and there's a lot of action and humor. I haven't read the others but if you're interested in any of them I think the bottom tier is a pretty good deal on getting an intro to those series.

A bit of warning about Invincible, the comic gets very, very gorey later on. With Jon Savini levels of detail.

Has there been any talk of them adding Comixology support? I'd be all of these comic deals if they offered it.

I highly doubt it.  Comixology is basically just a retailer and thus would want to take a cut.   These are coming direct from the publisher, effectively. Comixology is also a very strong proponent of DRM so there's that.   

HiB 12 or whatever today? Unless someone jinxes it.
One of us say this every two weeks. Dang it, one of these days we are going to be right lol. But yeah I hope it's hib, but with how bad the flash was (imho) it seems like a bad week for humble, or at least that's my gut feeling.

/rant incoming

Almost completely random aside, but I made comments earlier on how fuck ing lazy the texture-work was in BL1/Darkness 2 on consoles (to which everyone replied with "play it on PC stupid).

I would like to amend that comment by saying that the Darkness 2, while looking ASTOUNDINGLY better on PC, still has a good deal of it's texture work ruined by some fuckwits amazing idea to add black "sketch" lines over every goddamn thing. The textures are great otherwise, but the "sketch" effect is literally as if someone just took a big fat 2" sharpie and scribbled over every damn thing in sight.

/rant end

Hoping for Humble Children's Farm & Factory Edutainment Audiobook Bundle.

bread's done
Back