Humble Bundle Thread

Everytime I see your reviews I want to play the games but than I mainly play anime type games and visual novels. I need to balance out the other stuff. Right now I'm addicted to Project Diva F 2nd though, hard as heck though.
Somewhere, Mooby is writhing in pain right now.

Playinjector AFAIK is fairly new and have only had one or two bundles so far prior to this one. FWIW I bought the last one from them without issue.

As for keys added later, well I follow that sort of thing pretty closely :p and I have not heard of any games in their bundles that weren't already on Steam getting on Steam since the bundle ended so I don't think there's any data to say yet if they will/won't distribute.

If will say that for bundles that don't give keys most reputable non douchebag/asshole/Russian developers will give keys themselves if you write to them with a receipt.

Of course it's Indie games so there's never any guarantees and even if you buy from a known bundle the devs can always pull a Biart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have KOF XIII on the PS3....wonder if I should BTA (I think I locked in BTA at $3.81 or such). I'm probably just being cheap haha.
I don't think it ever went under $4.80, so maybe your memory accidentally shaved off a dollar?

Anyway, if you don't have the DLC characters for KoF and you're interested in getting them, I'd say ~$4.80's not a bad price for that plus the game on PC. There's not a lot of performance difference, since, like many console ports of its ilk, KoF XIII Steam Edition doesn't have a lot of graphics options (as far as I can tell, you can only increase the resolution of the textboxes beyond console quality), but it does come with Mr. Karate, Iori with the power of flames, and NESTS style Kyo, all of which are pricy on PSN/XBL.

Not sure how the online is compared to PSN, though, if you play competitively, you might wanna check into that.

Does anyone know the native resolution of KoF XIII running at? I can output in 2K resolution, but the characters and interface themselves looks like they're stuck in 720p.  Looks 'ok' overall, and plenty of jaggies.  Could use some sharpening filter when upscaled.

Does anyone know the native resolution of KoF XIII running at? I can output in 2K resolution, but the characters and interface themselves looks like they're stuck in 720p. Looks 'ok' overall, and plenty of jaggies. Could use some sharpening filter when upscaled.
I'm pretty sure the native res is 1280x720, but the characters are upscaled from whatever their native size is so they're always gonna look a bit blurry.

The cutscene videos are 1280x720, that's why I think that's the game's native resolution.

Does anyone know the native resolution of KoF XIII running at? I can output in 2K resolution, but the characters and interface themselves looks like they're stuck in 720p. Looks 'ok' overall, and plenty of jaggies. Could use some sharpening filter when upscaled.
Pretty sure the sprites/backgrounds were made for 720p, yeah.

Pretty sure the sprites/backgrounds were made for 720p, yeah.
The backgrounds, yes. The sprites are a bit smaller. If you run the game at 1280x720 they're not blurry in the character selection or the order select, but once you start the fight, the screen is zoomed in and they get blurry.

You two are aces.

It's about time to expand my digital hoarding from video games I never play to books I'll never read.
You can even combine the two and get into penny guides.

I left mine on a bookshelf that gets morning sun and now they're yellowed strategy guides I'll never read/use.

this has probably come up in the past...  but I paid less then $1 for the Jumbo Bundle, and only got Deadlight.  I did not get Van Helsing or Galactic Civ 2.  

I know they are Steam, and I did not pay enough for Steam Keys...  but it does say pay what you want, and get the 3 games...   

this has probably come up in the past... but I paid less then $1 for the Jumbo Bundle, and only got Deadlight. I did not get Van Helsing or Galactic Civ 2.

I know they are Steam, and I did not pay enough for Steam Keys... but it does say pay what you want, and get the 3 games...
It also says pay above $1 for Steam keys and that those games are Steam only. You can pay $1.00, $2.34, $3.33, etc. You name the price and that's where PWYW comes in. It just has to be at least $1.

If you want those games you can increase your payment to $1 on the page with your keys.

In contrast, if everything in the base game comes with a DRM-free version, a penny would get you those games. There haven't been many of those lately, compared to the early Humbles.

:)  Haha, now, I am a sucker for those comic bundles they have put up.  I have bought the highest tier every time.  And read exactly zero comics...  I think I have a problem....  

Am I the only person that see's platforming games on a mobile and sees how bad of an idea that is. Even on a nice sized tablet I can't see a game like Sonic CD being very responsive. Just my 2 cents of course....without controller syncing I just don't see them working very well.

Humble AdultSwim weekly?
Why the question mark?

https://twitter.com/adultswimgames/status/505028394103603202

Great games, but I'm passing.

MFOVKiz.png

Well, we'll see about the soundtracks.

What games are we looking at with this one, fellas?
I would guess SHODN, Soundodger, Puzzle Platformer, and Fist Puncher as $1 tier games. Probably 3 of those and one in the $6 with Volgarr and maybe Jazzpunk. Perhaps one of the new games in a $12-$15 tier.

I like all of them that are blue on my list, though I don't think Fist Puncher is great.

Ah, I on the other hand loved Fist Puncher. Such a fun beat em up. The only level I hated and will never play again is the ostrich mine level...curse the developer who though that was a good idea. I own and have played Super House of Dead Ninjas as well, and it's decent for sure. Not a rogue like game I would play a lot but fun nonetheless.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Adult Swim:

• Fist Puncher
  • Soundodger+
  • Super Puzzle Platformer
Beat the Average for:

• Volgarr the Viking
  • Super House of Dead Ninjas
  • Adult Swim Games DLC
  • Westerado: Double Barreled Exclusive Demo
Pay $13 or more for:

• Jazzpunk
  • Super Comboman
Pay $30 or more for:

• Pennywise Pegasus Pack
Pay $75 or more for:

• Majestic Unicorn Pack

New Humble Flash Bundle - PAX 10:

• BADLAND Premium
  • Solar 2
  • Containment: The Zombie Puzzler
  • Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony Deluxe Pack
Beat the Average for:

• The Swapper
  • FEZ
Pay $15 or more for:

• Cannon Brawl (Early Access)
  • Life Goes On
Free DigiPen PAX10 Games:

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Other Humble Store sales:

There's a Flash bundle too!

https://www.humblebundle.com/flash

PAX 10 Humble Flash Bundle

$1

• Badland Premium (Android, not Steam)
  • Solar 2 + OST
  • Containment: The Zombie Puzzler
  • Jamestown Deluxe Pack + OST

Average

• The Swapper + OST
  • Fez + OST

$15 or more:

• Cannon Brawl (Early Access)
  • Life Goes On + OST

In for Super Puzzle Platformer! I've been on and off buying that the last couple times it went on sale. Definitely happy it's in the $1 tier.

bread's done
Back