Humble Bundle Thread

I find audiobooks to be good to listen to at night when trying to go to bed. Don't have to keep eyes open and end up staying up for another 2 hours past when I wanted to sleep (okay, that can happen regardless). 

Agree can't really multitask while listening to audiobooks, tried it once or twice before and end up rewinding a ton as I miss a fair bit. Also assume paid ones won't have the variable quality like free do. 

Audio book bundle is a deep disappointment.

Would've bought it if it was the books.
The caveat is that you can get those audio books for A PENNY, but you only get the first Hunger Games. To be honest, I buy every book and android bundle for a penny just to have them in my inventory.

You can hardly buy anything with one cent anymore. My phone will probably eat up more in terms of kWh due to battery recharge while listening to these audio books than the actual books cost themselves.

I'm... gonna pay a dollar for Jumbo 3.

I don't like racing games, Eurotruck has way too much DLC, and Blackguards is the Standard edition because Daedalic is both cheap and a dick for not offering a deluxe upgrade option. And paying twelve bucks for Saints Row 4 hahahahahahaha

If they add an upgrade option then I'll BTA. Or if the bonuses are decent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find audiobooks to be good to listen to at night when trying to go to bed. Don't have to keep eyes open and end up staying up for another 2 hours past when I wanted to sleep (okay, that can happen regardless).

Agree can't really multitask while listening to audiobooks, tried it once or twice before and end up rewinding a ton as I miss a fair bit. Also assume paid ones won't have the variable quality like free do.

Whenever I'm reading a hard book I like to listen to the audiobook version first to help me get used to the prose. Then I'll read the written version.

Is it weird that I would have been more excited if it was the text form of these books?
These books? A little.

You people are crazy, I love audio books. I can listen to them when I'm driving or playing games. I only wish the books would tie into my audible account.
I've never had too much success with multi-tasking and listening to audio-books/watching movies because I'd end up missing a lot of stuff and having to rewind over and over to remember what the hell is going on. At which point I'd rather just sit down and give the book/movie my full undivided attention.
While I enjoy a good radio play like the Doctor Who stuff that Big Finish makes or old Shadow radio shows, I find the concept of someone actually just reading a book to me to be as dull as dirt. I did try it once. There's a BBC audio, I think, of David Tennant reading a DW story called "Day of the Troll." It was terrible and he wasn't very good at doing the voices for the different characters.

My conclusion: the only people who need to have books read to them are the blind, invalids and children and even blind people can use braille books.

These books? A little.

While I enjoy a good radio play like the Doctor Who stuff that Big Finish makes or old Shadow radio shows, I find the concept of someone actually just reading a book to me to be as dull as dirt. I did try it once. There's a BBC audio, I think, of David Tennant reading a DW story called "Day of the Troll." It was terrible and he wasn't very good at doing the voices for the different characters.

My conclusion: the only people who need to have books read to them are the blind, invalids and children and even blind people can use braille books.

I used to be the same way. But then I got a free trial of audible and got Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut. The voice actor, I forget his name, he did a bang up job of enunciation, inflecting his voice to reflect Vonnegut's style as needed.

But some people just don't like audiobooks. So it goes,

The caveat is that you can get those audio books for A PENNY, but you only get the first Hunger Games. To be honest, I buy every book and android bundle for a penny just to have them in my inventory.

You can hardly buy anything with one cent anymore. My phone will probably eat up more in terms of kWh due to battery recharge while listening to these audio books than the actual books cost themselves.

I read this in Princess Bubblegum's voice.

Was not disappointed

I used to be the same way. But then I got a free trial of audible and got Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut. The voice actor, I forget his name, he did a bang up job of enunciation, inflecting his voice to reflect Vonnegut's style as needed.
I found the Audible version of Metro 2033 to be much easier to digest than reading it. In large part because of the narrator's excellent enunciation of the Russian station names and characters. It was easier to process and keep track of hearing it than visually tripping over the unfamiliar names each time.

Narrator makes a huge difference in my experience. There was that collection of Forgotten Realms short stories for free a month or two ago and a quarter of them were well done, a quarter manageable and half of them damn near unlistenable due to the people reading them. Same author for each story but who was reading it either made it or broke it.

I found the Audible version of Metro 2033 to be much easier to digest than reading it. In large part because of the narrator's excellent enunciation of the Russian station names and characters. It was easier to process and keep track of hearing it than visually tripping over the unfamiliar names each time.

Narrator makes a huge difference in my experience. There was that collection of Forgotten Realms short stories for free a month or two ago and a quarter of them were well done, a quarter manageable and half of them damn near unlistenable due to the people reading them. Same author for each story but who was reading it either made it or broke it.
I agree. A proper narration adds a new dimension to the story you're reading. Even going back to the text to reread it can give you a whole new appreciation

I think I'd prefer condolences on my adulthood; my childhood looks better and better as the years go by.

If my childhood were a fast food meal, it'd be the Mcdouble Fail. Bought all those ps1 and n64 games, yet didn't keep them sealed to flip 15 years later. CAG level negative 50.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Team 17 Evolved:

• Worms
  • Worms Armageddon
  • Worms Ultimate Mayhem Deluxe Edition
  • Worms Blast
  • Worms Pinball
  • Worms Crazy Golf
  • Superfrog HD
  • Alien Breed Trilogy
Pay $6 or more for:

• Worms Revolution Gold
  • Worms Reloaded GOTY Edition
  • Overruled!
  • Light
Pay $15 or more for:

• Flockers
  • Worms Clan Wars 4-Pack

I have everything in the $1 tier, but the $6 tier is almost completely new as I only have the Worms Reloaded base game. 

Heck, I have everything in the $1 tier for my wife's account too.  Yet I'm still considering buying this one twice at the $6 tier.

Hmm. Might the $1 tier be worth card farming for alt accounts?
... only one game in the $1 tier has cards. Superfrog HD. And it's already been in a Humble so card values are already incredibly low [10 cents]

So no. Hell no.

If my childhood were a fast food meal, it'd be the Mcdouble Fail. Bought all those ps1 and n64 games, yet didn't keep them sealed to flip 15 years later. CAG level negative 50.
Don't you love how some people are like ah man I had such and such toy as a kid. It's worth so much now. Well first of all you played with them and had fun and likely beat them up. That's what they're for and even if you had them they wont be worth anything near that mint condition. Amazingly I think I have some Hot Wheels still sealed from likely around 16 or so years ago, checked their values and man I could be selling them for a whole 2 dolalrs! I think I even had one worth $2.50!

I wish Humble would stop with these multipacks. If there was one copy of Worms Clan Wars in the $6 tier that would be great. I don't want four copies of the game so I'm passing on the $15 tier.

Sweet $1 tier for me since I wasn't around for any of the worms bundles.
wow $15 bucks is not bad bundle if want worms in my library i thinking hheeh one half impulse buy wnats it but the gamer rela me say why u buying this why

Thanks Team 17 for once again rubbing my stupid decision - to buy W:A during a Steam sale - in my face.
thanks for uir sacrfice

got this in the mail tonight

hib_zps8a93a64c.png

you're welcome hb but where's my  fuck ing free bundle???

The Free Bundle from HB is about as incoming as the Square Enix Final Fantasy PC Bundle.
Pay $10 or more:

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Pay $30 or more:

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy IV

Pay $50 or more:

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Available mid December)

Final Fantasy XIV

Final Fantasy XIV Humble DLC (Includes two rare items and one month of credit)

Pay $10 or more:

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Pay $30 or more:

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy IV

Pay $50 or more:

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Available mid December)

Final Fantasy XIV

Final Fantasy XIV Humble DLC (Includes two rare items and one month of credit)
No FF XI love?

bread's done
Back