Humble Bundle Thread

These don't look like my type of books....usually read classics, fantasy, sc-fi and japanese literature. There might be some gems in here and I've read Dan Simmons Hyperion series.

Last edited by a moderator:
These don't look like my type of books....usually read classics, fantasy, sc-fi and japanese literature. There might be some gems in here and I've read Dan Simmons Hyperion series.
Never understood the point of non-themed ebook bundles. I think you'd have just as much luck finding something you'd like by picking a random book off the shelf at a Goodwill.
Having read the synopses of all of the books listed here, all but one are fantasy/science-fiction works, so it actually is a themed bundle. The odd man out here is the collection of weblog posts. I would note that many of the items in this collection are novellas rather than anthologies or full-length novels (~60-90 pages).

Never understood the point of non-themed ebook bundles. I think you'd have just as much luck finding something you'd like by picking a random book off the shelf at a Goodwill.
It's material to put on an e-reader for those times when you need something new to read and don't want to hunt for one or bother with the library (neither physical nor electronic.) And for the base tier, it's cheap. I don't read these, but my wife appreciates me stocking her reader with material.

Having read the synopses of all of the books listed here, all but one are fantasy/science-fiction works, so it actually is a themed bundle. The odd man out here is the collection of weblog posts. I would note that many of the items in this collection are novellas rather than anthologies or full-length novels (~60-90 pages).
Didn't realize that.

Brayan's Gold - 88 pages, fantasy, not first in series

Top of the Volcano - 536 pages, sci-fi, anthology

Ape's Wife - 288 pages, fantasy, 13 short stories

Jacaranda - 184 pages, steampunk, ???

Muse of Fire - 100 pages, sci fi, novella

Inside Job - 99 pages, sci fi, novella

Jack Vance Treasury - 703 pages, sci fi/fantasy, anthology

Amityville Horrible - 99 pages, sci fi/romance, novella

Tortured Souls - 88 pages, sci fi/fantasy, novella

Merchant and the Alchemist Gate - 62 pages, sci fi, novella

End of the Setence - 109 pages, horror, novella

Chronicles of Master Li - 652 pages, fantasy, really good reviews

Nobody's Home - 80 pages, sci fi/fantasy, novella

Mallet of Loving Correction - 408 pages, sci fi/humor, ???

Black Hat Jack - 133 pages, Western, ???

Hunter from the Woods - 328 pages, fantasy/horror, sequel of 30 year old book with really good reviews

Academic Exercises - 469 pages, fantasy, anthology

The weekly is ending tomorrow.  While it's still fresh in mind, does anyone have an extra Long Live the Queen I can put on my wife's account?  She thinks she would play that one.

PSA: I can BTA the weekly for $3.09 to get World End Economica, Hate Plus, and Roommates. If anybody wants these games (Steam keys of course) and has $3.09 Paypal to send me, I'd be happy to make an exchange.

Done. 

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Co-op 2:

• Shadow Puppeteer
  • ibb & obb - Best Friends Forever Double Pack
  • Hero Siege
Beat the Average for:

• Hammerwatch
  • Damned
Pay $10 or more for:

• FORCED
  • Contagion
Pay $17 or more for:

• Two Bundles
Pay $30 or more for:

• Four Bundles

BTA tier is poooop.

Edit: Seems to be the consensus, cause price keeps on falling, falling, falling, into the future...

And the BTA keeps going down.

Putting Contagion in the $10 tier was a huge mistake. Hasn't that been bundled and sold at a heavy discount pretty regularly?

$10 and BTA tiers are overpriced, and I'm pretty sure I already have ibb & obb and Hero Siege. Seems like a pass unless it turns out I don't have two of the $1 tier games.

PSA: I can BTA the weekly for $3.09 to get World End Economica, Hate Plus, and Roommates. If anybody wants these games (Steam keys of course) and has $3.09 Paypal to send me, I'd be happy to make an exchange.
If anyone bought this and would be willing to sell just Roomates, let me know.

I have every game in the bundle, in all tiers. Many of them I got for free. Bad bundle, but maybe the $1 tier is worth it for Ibb & Obb if you don't have it yet. Ibb & Obb is.. not so great though. Squirrel and I played through it, barely worth a dollar IMO.

ibb & obb is a neat coop puzzle-platformer with an a great aesthetic.  I beat in in coop.  I haven't tried it solo (looks tough solo).

Hammerwatch, groan, most of you should have this.  I beat his in coop... it gets some things right, it gets some things quite wrong.  It's a deeply flawed gem.  It could be your sorta thing though.  Biggest complaint: too much backtracking.

Really says something about the quality of the upper tiers.
It'd be lower, but the $17/$30 packs fuck up the average. I'm amazed it's STILL dropping, it's that bad.

$1-tier is not bad though, ibb & obb and Shadow Puppeteer would be new for me.

Anyways, for anyone looking for Hammerwatch, *ahem* you might wanna look at my sig.

Does anyone have opinions on Shadow Puppeteer?  I'm trying to figure if I should wait for rebundle, or throw a dollar in for it.

Oh, local-coop... I guess I'm looking for SP-opinion then.  (My dollar looks safer now...)

The book bundle average is f*cked.
Are you interested? Because I know a guy who pennyed in when the BTA was $5.52. This guy has no intention of beating the average. So this guy could just as easily penny in again and give his low BTA copy to somebody else. He also still has a tab open with the BTA at $5.57 in case you'd prefer a gift copy. But he is unsure if that would still work 29 hours after the bundle launched.

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but this guy I know...it's really me. 8-[

Are you interested? Because I know a guy who pennyed in when the BTA was $5.52. This guy has no intention of beating the average. So this guy could just as easily penny in again and give his low BTA copy to somebody else. He also still has a tab open with the BTA at $5.57 in case you'd prefer a gift copy. But he is unsure if that would still work 29 hours after the bundle launched.

That guy is a moran

Just fyi, I've done this a handful of times...

I penny in on a bundle, and buy it (non-gift) while not logged into humble and just send it to one of my emails (can even be the email associated with my HB account). I can then send the bundle-page link HB emails me to someone else, they can successfully claim the page and BTA with the locked-BTA price. This way I can just hand out a BTA-lock without fussing with payment (oh noes, a penny).

I don't know how gifts currently work, years ago I wasn't able to add more $ to a gift.

Before I forget, I have a Star Wars Humble BTA at $6.45 if anyone wants it.  Already redeemed the $1 tier, so $5.45 takes all the BTA games or $4 and I can keep KOTOR II, either works.  

Pending

I penny in on a bundle, and buy it (non-gift) while not logged into humble and just send it to one of my emails (can even be the email associated with my HB account). I can then send the bundle-page link HB emails me to someone else, they can successfully claim the page and BTA with the locked-BTA price. This way I can just hand out a BTA-lock without fussing with payment (oh noes, a penny).

I don't know how gifts currently work, years ago I wasn't able to add more $ to a gift.
Just started doing this because I wanted to hook up the person I was buying for with DRM-free versions and soundtracks on their account. But yes, for some strange reason, you can't add more $ to a gift, even if it's within the 30 days.

Just started doing this because I wanted to hook up the person I was buying for with DRM-free versions and soundtracks on their account. But yes, for some strange reason, you can't add more $ to a gift, even if it's within the 30 days.
It's a gift. You don't get to know how much the gifter paid.

That guy is a moran
That guy wants you to know that you've hurt his whore feelings.

Yeah, I've claimed bundles bought by others as well (*waves to Blade*). So I know from first-hand knowledge that it can be done.

I've also helped others get bundles that I've locked in at low BTAs in the past. When I've done that, I usually try to pay in full and have the other party reimburse me so there isn't payment coming in from two different sources. Humble might not care, but I'm a little bit squeamish about giving Humble something else to find fault with. I've got too many DRM-Free copies of shitty indie games that I stand to lose if Humble decides that they don't like all this tomfoolery.

Eww.. too much co-op going on in this bundle. Ain't got time for dat!

Also... Forced 2 is coming out this year, which will no doubt successfully siphon off the 5 people playing Forced. Poop bundle.

Yeah, not so good here.  Can't even drop $1 on this since all I need is ibb & obb and no single player kinda kills that.  Where's the celebrity jeopardy poopies image when we need it?

For anyone that bought the Squeenix Bundle and plans to play Supreme Commander 2, Amazon has the Infinite War Battle Pack DLC on sale for 75% off (Steam) $1.24.

I posted about the pack earlier in this thread, but I'll just repeat -- it adds so much important content to the game that I'd consider it a must-have.

For anyone that bought the Squeenix Bundle and plans to play Supreme Commander 2, Amazon has the Infinite War Battle Pack DLC on sale for 75% off (Steam) $1.24.

I posted about the pack earlier in this thread, but I'll just repeat -- it adds so much important content to the game that I'd consider it a must-have.
That sale can't be a coincidence. Between that and the Sega promo this week, do you think they've finally got a competent PCDD person over there again?

bread's done
Back