New Humble Square Enix Bundle 2 BTA Game:
  • Kane & Lynch Collection [customspoiler=includes]Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
  • Kane & Lynch 2: The Doggie Bag
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Alliance Weapons Pack
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Multiplayer Masks Pack
[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell if that was intended to be added and released early (maybe to continue the momentum of sales), or if they're so desperate for sales on this (before the end of their financial year) that they added an extra bonus. It's a pretty good addition, even if it might annoy anyone who got the first Squeenix bundle (which just came with Kane & Lynch 2, iirc)

Kindasorta wanted the Kane & Lynch games before, but never enough to actually buy them when they went on sale.  Really nice addition to the BTA.

• Kane & Lynch Collection [customspoiler=includes]
    Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
[/customspoiler]
Hey sweet. I've skipped K&L every time they've been on sale (and didn't BTA in whatever other bundle they were in).

So that's Thief, Deus Ex:HRDC, K&L for me. Heck, I'd be happy with Yosumin, Season of Mystery, or even Flora's Fruit Farm for the final unlock. :oops:

Adding the Kane & Lynch games increased the value a bit, yes.

Just a warning, part 1 still has GFWL and it's very buggy on some computers due to some weird USB-related glitch.

For anyone that bought the Squeenix Bundle and plans to play Supreme Commander 2, Amazon has the Infinite War Battle Pack DLC on sale for 75% off (Steam) $1.24.

I posted about the pack earlier in this thread, but I'll just repeat -- it adds so much important content to the game that I'd consider it a must-have.
Part of me wants to jump on this, but another part of me wonders if Humble plans on cheaping out adding this as a second week unlock.

Part of me wants to jump on this, but another part of me wonders if Humble plans on cheaping out adding this as a second week unlock.
So far, the modus operandi seems to be to bundle games with loads of DLC to buy. I'm actually kind of surprised they did K&L Collection. I'd be shocked if they added DLC to another game in that last slot (and it actually technically does say games coming soon -- not DLC).

Still, it's not like any of these games -- or the DLC -- won't be on sale again 15 times between now and the end of the year.

I can't tell if that was intended to be added and released early (maybe to continue the momentum of sales), or if they're so desperate for sales on this (before the end of their financial year) that they added an extra bonus. It's a pretty good addition, even if it might annoy anyone who got the first Squeenix bundle (which just came with Kane & Lynch 2, iirc)
Hey, It's Square Enix!

They're always ultra-aggressive w/ their sales, price-cutting, and whatnot.

Guess they decided to also do it to their HB's, as well.

So far, the modus operandi seems to be to bundle games with loads of DLC to buy. I'm actually kind of surprised they did K&L Collection. I'd be shocked if they added DLC to another game in that last slot (and it actually technically does say games coming soon -- not DLC).

Still, it's not like any of these games -- or the DLC -- won't be on sale again 15 times between now and the end of the year.
Well it's a dead game series... with dead multiplayer... they probably know nobody will buy the DLC for it.

Sort of like how they said "games coming soon" in that card game bundle and then it was just more expansion packs for F2P games?
Yeah, honestly no one knows. I assume that Squeenix might be more inclined to pony up with one of their cheapo games than those guys hawking that indie card game mess. Probably wrong about that though. :whistle2:k

Well it's a dead game series... with dead multiplayer... they probably know nobody will buy the DLC for it.
They haven't met the OCD collectors (of whom I am totally not one) that hang out here, have they?

The bundle with Saints Row 3 said "games coming soon", and one of those "games" ended up being a DLC pack to turn SR3 into SR3 Full Package...

i rather have game than dlc
There are several instances I can think of where I'd rather get DLC in a bundle than a game, actually. For instance, I'd rather have a Bethesda bundle that was just steam keys for all the DLC for a few of their games than the base games in question.

There are several instances I can think of where I'd rather get DLC in a bundle than a game, actually. For instance, I'd rather have a Bethesda bundle that was just steam keys for all the DLC for a few of their games than the base games in question.
Especially in cases when DLC's are NOT cheap, but are sold at Premium Prices.

Especially when later on, they charge very little for the base-game, but go for the jugular on DLC's.

As Souffrir pointed out, Zenimax / Bethesda - just look at Dishonored + Skyrim.

Lower discounts on DLC for base-game owners, which tries to entice them to buy the damn Complete Edition.

Since you don't get extra copies of stuff you own, keys get wasted here b/c they already owned some of the content.

Also, think of BioWare w/ the BioWare Points games - Mass Effect 2 & 3 + Dragon Age 2.

That stuff rarely goes on sale, once God knows how many Blue Moons.

FFS don't mention Bethesda DLC around MysterD. Its even more annoying than his DRM dissertation.
What about Red Dead Redemption? Or whether every AAA game should be $5? ;) Or that time The Secret World was $5(ish) on Greenmangaming? Or whether he has any games on disc?

1404993704_1404879141_512.gif

Especially in cases when DLC's are NOT cheap, but are sold at Premium Prices.

Especially when later on, they charge very little for the base-game, but go for the jugular on DLC's.

As Souffrir pointed out, Zenimax / Bethesda - just look at Dishonored + Skyrim.

Lower discounts on DLC for base-game owners, which tries to entice them to buy the damn Complete Edition.

Since you don't get extra copies of stuff you own, keys get wasted here b/c they already owned some of the content.

Also, think of BioWare w/ the BioWare Points games - Mass Effect 2 & 3 + Dragon Age 2.

That stuff rarely goes on sale, once God knows how many Blue Moons.
are we talking about the same thing here?

Bethesda? Bioware?

It's a freaking Square Enix bundle and their recent dlc are almost non-consequential. Look at Tomb Raider, Hitman etc.

That's it. I demand that MysterD buys me the Skyrim DLC I'm missing cuz he keeps making me feel bad for not owning it.

That's it. I demand that MysterD buys me the Skyrim DLC I'm missing cuz he keeps making me feel bad for not owning it.
It's funny because you guys give MysterD so much crap about owning stuff from retail, because the lowest price on all the ES stuff on Steam (including Skyrim + DLC) was possible by buying the ES Anthology at retail last Black Friday. $15 for the whole lot, I'm surprised he doesn't own a copy himself.

It's funny because you guys give MysterD so much crap about owning stuff from retail, because the lowest price on all the ES stuff on Steam (including Skyrim + DLC) was possible by buying the ES Anthology at retail last Black Friday. $15 for the whole lot, I'm surprised he doesn't own a copy himself.
He's too busy bitching about DLC prices and DRM that he misses all of the deals

id activate the key and toss the vagina repellent if i didn't already own all of it

That makes it even funnier because with his love for retail boxes, AAA games, and lowest historical prices, you'd think he'd get the damn thing... But nope. I guess he Bobby'd being a MysterD.

That makes it even funnier because with his love for retail boxes, AAA games, and lowest historical prices, you'd think he get the damn thing... But nope. I guess he Bobby'd being a MysterD.
if it doesn't come with a doll he can take a selfie with and then take into the bathtub to play with he won't buy it

I own all of the main ES games somewhere - Arena; Daggerfall; Morrowind GOTY; Oblivion GOTY; and Skyrim Legendary.

I already do have most of 'em from retail or from the BethSoft website when they gave 'em away for free - i.e Arena + Daggerfall. I barely played either of those, BTW.

Sure, I don't own 'em all on Steam yet; I only have Skyrim + all DLC's on Steam. Would be nice to have say Morrowind GOTY + Oblivion GOTY Deluxe on Steam, though. Not worried about it too much - since, we know how often I replay games - i.e. I really don't replay often.

Hence why I did not buy it, when it was $15.

EDIT:

...that stuff's been on sale?
Barely.

Amazon DVG had one of the better deals for BioWare Points, back before Tony left.

Still, to suit most CAG's (like myself) - probably wasn't cheap enough.

are we talking about the same thing here?

Bethesda? Bioware?

It's a freaking Square Enix bundle and their recent dlc are almost non-consequential. Look at Tomb Raider, Hitman etc.
Soul made a point in some cases - he'd like DLC in a bundle over a base-game, in some cases.

In some cases, if the base-game's extremely cheap and DLC is NOT - I agree w/ him. There's tons of times, I already own the base-game. I just need some of the DLC's or all of the DLC's.

While it certainly might not apply to Square Enix in most cases + instances (Especially in the current HB), it can apply to other instances - i.e. Bethesda + BioWare. I'd love to see a BioWare Bundle on HB, with DLC keys.

As someone who buys lots of base-games and ends up missing some DLC's - to me, sometimes getting the base-game (again) has little to no value to me. It's to the trade forums to try to get rid of it (sell, trades, whatever) - and even though, I still might have this key laying around for a long time...or it just still sits here and rots.

Are you interested? Because I know a guy who pennyed in when the BTA was $5.52. This guy has no intention of beating the average. So this guy could just as easily penny in again and give his low BTA copy to somebody else. He also still has a tab open with the BTA at $5.57 in case you'd prefer a gift copy. But he is unsure if that would still work 29 hours after the bundle launched.

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but this guy I know...it's really me. 8-[
Thank you for the offer. I should have stuck around after I complained. I ended up just buying in to the top tier since the BTA was so close.

Bytheway, You were the first person around here I thought about blocking. Only, because your avy breaks my heart every time I see it.

• Kane & Lynch Collection [customspoiler=includes]
  • Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
[/customspoiler][/*]
Oh...yay...

If you don't have Lara croft though that's a really good game.

Hmm.  I need Thief, K&L, Murdered, and Startopia but nothing else.  I guess I should have pennied in when I had a BTA of $5 something, I could have maybe sold off the leftovers and made it worthwhile.  If anyone has any extras of the above and wants to do some kind of split, let me know.

edit: big thanks to warreni for Startopia!

Happy to see an older non-EIDOS game get added after all. But seeing as it's the only game in the BTA-tier I don't have, I'm not sure if it's worth it. Meh.

bread's done
Back