Humble Bundle Thread

Oh man...

At launch, all games in the monthly bundle will include Steam codes. However, in the future, some games will be DRM-free and may not be on Steam, or may appear on other platforms.
For this $12 monthly fee w/out knowing most of what you're getting for games, they better be offering up at least Steam-keys + separate DRM-FREE downloads for every title they can.

Only exception on not getting Steam-keys probably would be any titles NOT found on Steam - i.e. most games that are (unfortunately) Origin-exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only exception on not getting Steam-keys probably would be any titles NOT found on Steam - i.e. most games that are (unfortunately) Origin-exclusive.
Origin-exclusive and Uplay-exclusive for sure. I wouldn't expect Battle.net-exclusive, but I suppose it's possible. There are probably a few other games that aren't on Steam but are decent enough to include. Minecraft, for example. (Though that seems unlikely.)

You guys assume they will always put decent games in a mystery box where they already have everyone's money? :lol:
They don't have everyone yet, though. You can't start disappointing people while hoping they don't bother cancelling their subscription until you get them to subscribe in the first place.

I'm less worried about the initial quality since, as Gilby says, they'll try and play it up for the first couple.

But, for anyone with hundreds or thousands of games, buying them blind should be a non-starter.  I mean, a $12 bundle with Grimrock 2, This War of Mine, Kerbal Space Program and Cities Skylines* would objectively be great.  For me though, it'd be a bunch of keys I need to try and resell to get my $12 back (God forbid the keys are bundled into one...)

*And, no, they won't be this great

Ugh, I hate so much that I want to do the first month of the sub. I don't care about Grimlock 2 that much, but I'd probably play it some. I guess I just have serious FOMO. The worst part is that I have trouble thinking of any indies that I'd value at more than a couple bucks right now. Hotline Miami 2 is the only one that comes to mind.

I wonder if maybe the first month will have Binding of Isaac Rebirth to promote Afterbirth. Maybe I shouldn't get the bundle just on the chance of that being the big game in the bundle since I preordered both Rebirth and Afterbirth. Of course, I could always give/sell a second key of the greatest game ever made to a friend.

That also brings up another point. Do we know if these will be separate keys?

Just like a lot of faux 2D pixel games try to allude to some nostalgic magic of the past, doesn't necessarily mean retro design is good. A lot of it went away with good reason, and I don't necessarily want to see the return of cheap deaths, blind jumps, bullet sponge enemies, etc of the past.

Making combat a significant part of the game and the only strategy is to backtrack and fire weapons isn't even good game design when you have a game with assigned action buttons and complete freedom of movement, much less in a game where you have neither and are clicking an on-screen HUD to attack over and over and maneuvering with the keyboard in a clunky grid pattern.
OMG! I can see the light now! I'll preorder CoD 679.

They'll probably save all the good games that would have gone in numbered Humble bundles and save it for their monthly bundles now.

They'll probably save all the good games that would have gone in numbered Humble bundles and save it for their monthly bundles.
Great, so even regular HB's will turn into the "quality" of bundles we've often seen from Groupees.

Good. Less $ for me to spend on bundles then.

In all seriousness I think they would love to do a monthly Nintendo bundle. Console people would think it was a great deal and eat it up. Except the Europeans who was scream about being blocked from it.
Well especially Nintendo. 12 bucks a month for Nintendo stuff would probably actually be a good deal within context since Nintendo never puts anything on sale ever.

They'll probably save all the good games that would have gone in numbered Humble bundles and save it for their monthly bundles now.
This was a sign of things to come:

B3XLIUU.png

Repent, CAGers, for the end is f***ing nigh!

I agree that the first couple of monthly bundles will probably be good to hook the fish.  $6ish isn't too bad for Grimrock 2, just have to hope the other games are worth it.  Also you have to consider since Grimrock is in this monthly it probably won't be in another Humble for quite awhile.

I agree that the first couple of monthly bundles will probably be good to hook the fish. $6ish isn't too bad for Grimrock 2, just have to hope the other games are worth it. Also you have to consider since Grimrock is in this monthly it probably won't be in another Humble for quite awhile.
You really trust them that much? I don't.
It won't be in any Humble Bundles soon at launch. It will be a second week addition.

Ugh, I hate so much that I want to do the first month of the sub. I don't care about Grimlock 2 that much, but I'd probably play it some. I guess I just have serious FOMO. The worst part is that I have trouble thinking of any indies that I'd value at more than a couple bucks right now. Hotline Miami 2 is the only one that comes to mind.

I wonder if maybe the first month will have Binding of Isaac Rebirth to promote Afterbirth. Maybe I shouldn't get the bundle just on the chance of that being the big game in the bundle since I preordered both Rebirth and Afterbirth. Of course, I could always give/sell a second key of the greatest game ever made to a friend.

That also brings up another point. Do we know if these will be separate keys?
part of me is convinced the first month will be amazing.

So whats the deal with this monthly bundle i got an email about? Anyone biting on it? Im tempted to try it for a month or two to see how it is but im wondering how it works. Especially wondering how it works if they put up games you already have.. do you get extra keys to give out or just eat it?

So whats the deal with this monthly bundle i got an email about? Anyone biting on it? Im tempted to try it for a month or two to see how it is but im wondering how it works. Especially wondering how it works if they put up games you already have.. do you get extra keys to give out or just eat it?
Where have you been for the past couple of days? This was a major topic of conversation in every PC gaming thread on this site.

I'm hoping if sales are lackluster then they'll reveal another game.
What if they include an exclusive HotS skin?!?

All speculation at this time. Could be individual keys, could be one key. If it's the latter, we'll probably get a hint from the madjokestys who scour the steamdbs. Wouldn't surprise me if they did that to discourage traders/resellers, but it definitely would dissuade a significant portion of potential buyers.

And yes, some of us will bite on it. I'm a bit leery at the moment, but the mystery box allure is pretty hard for me to ignore.

And yes, some of us will bite on it. I'm a bit leery at the moment, but the mystery box allure is pretty hard for me to ignore.
Speaking of, did you get that god damn $50 Poopee mystery box yet and if so what was in it? Anything surprising amazing or just more comix?

And yeah I can totally see you as one of the suckers customers for this Humble sub thing. ;)

Speaking of, did you get that god damn $50 Poopee mystery box yet and if so what was in it? Anything surprising amazing or just more comix?

And yeah I can totally see you as one of the suckers customers for this Humble sub thing. ;)
I took the $50 in store credit.

Which I probably should use before it expires last week.

:oldman:

I took the $50 in store credit.

Which I probably should use before it expires last week.

:oldman:
I'm assuming that was $50 in Dynamite store credit. Because if it was $50 in Poopees store credit we need to have a talk.
At first I thought he meant $50 poopees credit, and thought, "even if you were a full time Moran, and poopees continued spewing diaharrea at it's current rate, it'd still take a good month or two to burn though all that..."

At first I thought he meant $50 poopees credit, and thought, "even if you were a full time Moran, and poopees continued spewing diaharrea at it's current rate, it'd still take a good month or two to burn though all that..."
Dats sum sirius Bangalore Burn. Curry in a Hurry alright.

re: humble bundle monthly

from their page; Discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles.

humble has posted a help article page for the monthly bundle as well

The good news is that we should not see repeats with the monthly, but the games may not be the most recent.

from their page;

A highly curated bundle of our favorite games at one fixed price. Includes everything from recent hits to hidden gems to timeless classics - every month.

So much talk over $12, like it's breaking the bank. Let me ask, how many people have games from the last 1, 2, 3 ... Steam sales that have barely been played?

Let ye who hath a clean backlog cast the first stone!

bread's done
Back