Humble Bundle Thread

The game I want most is Escape Goat 2, but the rest of the bundle is shit so I'd be just buying it for that one game.. which goes completely against all my logic.
Damn it, spoder, you just had to remind me that the rest of that bundle is shit. Now what am I supposed to do with the hour I set aside for scrounging for pennies off of the BTA?

The weekly makes me regret that Build-a-Doublefine sale slightly less.

$12.74 for Massive Chalice, Grim Fandango, Broken Age, Iron Brigade, Spacebase DF9 + Hack&Slash

I think most people are in the same boat for the weekly;

decision on Massive Chalice, Escape Goat 2 and Grim Fandago Remastered for $13 as most of us have the rest 

since this is Double Fine; pass for this round

I think most people are in the same boat for the weekly;

decision on Massive Chalice, Escape Goat 2 and Grim Fandago Remastered for $13 as most of us have the rest

since this is Double Fine; pass for this round
I'm in that boat too.

Those are the games I want from the bundle. Too rich for my blood, since I have the rest.

Re: Humble Weekly

Morbid+for+cats+nope+nope+nope_2f6802_4010405.jpeg

Re: Humble Monthly

This is probably wishful thinking but it looks like some of the skeletons in Gauntlet wield swords

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I miss this clue on the Monthly Bundle being revealed?

w20k09.jpg

The bottom middle window, looks like an old BoomBox?

AudioSurf 2?

Inside My Radio?

Lethal League?

Edit: I'm probably going about this wrong, I should be guessing games I already own I guess.

Did I miss this clue on the Monthly Bundle being revealed?

w20k09.jpg

The bottom middle window, looks like an old BoomBox?

AudioSurf 2?

Inside My Radio?

Lethal League?

Edit: I'm probably going about this wrong, I should be guessing games I already own I guess.
Johnny Crappuccino will be adding some sweet tunes to the Humble Monthly to bring sweet pleasure to your ear.

for those who PRE-ORDER the Monthly bundle, the cats are out of the bag. Cancel NOW or forever hold on to those keys

I signed up and it showed me what the games were going to be for the month... not sure if that's how it is supposed to go but it told me I was getting:

Saints Row 4 http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/206420/ (roughly $17)
Besieged http://store.steampowered.com/app/346010/ (roughly $9)
Valkria Chronicles: http://store.steampowered.com/app/294860/ (roughly $21)
The unlock (which I assume everyone has seen) was Legends of Grimlock 2 (roughly $30)
There looked to be LoG2 DLC as well but I don't see it on steam store.
Did I see something I wasn't supposed to there? So my $12 investment should be worth roughly 70-80$ of games... based totally on what steam is showing as prices today.
Went looking in my cache to see if I could find any proof because seems folks don't believe me (I was dumb and didn't screenshot)... this is the best I can offer:
https://humblebundle-a.akamaihd.net/misc/files/hashed/1bb6a65d308ec7000e489e056bfffe2abbfb0519.jpg
https://humblebundle-a.akamaihd.net/misc/files/hashed/e59ce68dd0e5e4c53d6e343d490c1920fa484292.jpg
https://humblebundle-a.akamaihd.net/misc/files/hashed/dbe4854d71690382588457dcca38f9eb8bcf3407.jpg
https://humblebundle-a.akamaihd.net/misc/files/hashed/fe3d6b64cb5f9f9053a21dedf470bed537deb421.jpg
This was the image at the bottom before showing the unlock, seems to be a placeholder? * http://lorempixel.com/g/1600/850/cats/1/
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3qg7fq/humble_bundle_monthly_they_accidentally_showed_me/

Edit, beaten above!

From those images I'd say monthly will be:

Grimrock 2 (duh)

Catapult = That game where you build shit to destroy things, can't remember but it's like $8 or something.

Skeleton = Looks like it's from Crypt of the Necrodancer.  Maybe not.

Lamp = Sunless Sea or maybe Amnesia.

Fleur-de-lis = Obviously something Saints Row.

Boombox = Some crappy music game.  Take your pick.

I guess it's an okay value but I have zero interest in any of those outside of Grimrock which will be $5 or less soon.  Not a huge savings overall.  The four games listed (I thought there was five?) total maybe $15 or so when on sale.

I love how the one they revealed is the best one out of the bunch (in terms of not being bundled and on sale a bajillionzillion times before or Early Crapcess anyhow). That's some Poopees level tactics right there.

Yanni Crap-your-chinos, watchout!

Didn't they say no repeats?  Haven't TL2 and SR4 been bundled by them in the past?  Biesieged is $1 fodder at best.  Valklklklkk is animu.

Didn't they say no repeats? Haven't TL2 and SR4 been bundled by them in the past? Biesieged is $1 fodder at best. Valklklklkk is animu.
At least one game will be new to a Humble Bundle, but repeats from previous Humbles or other sites (e.g. bundles from the land of pasta or land of food trucks) are possible.

Costume Quest 1 for $0.99 and Costume Quest 2 for $2.99 seem like good buys. Nice Halloween games. :)
You can get Costume Quest, Hack'n'Slash and Lumino City with that $1 if you buy the Humble Weekly.

I just noticed Humble is now accepting Moranthly Subscription by Paypal.

Guess they're getting desperate for sales.  Especially with the recent reveal of the games.  Anyway, $3 for CQ2 seems decent enough.  Any bundle it's in will probably include more crappy Double Fine games I don't want.

Guess they're getting desperate for sales. Especially with the recent reveal of the games. Anyway, $3 for CQ2 seems decent enough. Any bundle it's in will probably include more crappy Double Fine games I don't want.
Part of me thinks that way and part of me thinks I should hold out until after the 8th time it's in a Humble and ends up in the dolla tier.

Upon further review, CQ2 is apparently shorter than the first.  Not worth muh precious $3.  Will wait for Double Fine going out of business sale.

It's Double Fine - isn't that all "talking ourselves out of buying" that we need?
OH NO HE DI'N'T!

Quick, everyone go to Kickstarter and see how many morons are funding burn relief for Tim Schafer.

EDIT: Here's my impression of Tim--

"Okay, so I wanna make a game about a sock puppet that needs to find the hand that fits inside of it and it's going to be so revolutionary, but I'm poor and everyone hates me so I need you guys to send me 4 million dollars so I can buy a pair of socks at goodwill and leave them on my floor while I fuck around oh btw DO YOU REMEMBER PSYCHONAUTS"

Guess they're getting desperate for sales. Especially with the recent reveal of the games. Anyway, $3 for CQ2 seems decent enough. Any bundle it's in will probably include more crappy Double Fine games I already own.
Fixed that.

OH NO HE DI'N'T!

Quick, everyone go to Kickstarter and see how many morons are funding burn relief for Tim Schafer.

EDIT: Here's my impression of Tim--

"Okay, so I wanna make a game about a sock puppet that needs to find the hand that fits inside of it and it's going to be so revolutionary, but I'm poor and everyone hates me so I need you guys to send me 4 million dollars so I can buy a pair of socks at goodwill and leave them on my floor while I fuck around oh btw DO YOU REMEMBER PSYCHONAUTS"
That sounds incredibly lewd. I'd buy it.

At 90% off of course.

OH NO HE DI'N'T!
To clarify on my comment: this is nothing against their games; I like their stuff. It's the way they de-value their games often + fast that makes it very easy for me to not buy their games on sale when they're not bundled.

I think it's best to wait for next inevitable Double Fine HB 665 or Build-A-DF Bundle 2 that we can get a fair amount of stuff we own (for flipping, trading, selling, giving away) and also get the few newer things we really likely want & need from them [i.e. such as Broken Age or that Grim Fandango Remaster].

To clarify on my comment: this is nothing against their games; I like their stuff. It's the way they de-value their games often + fast that makes it very easy for me to not buy their games on sale when they're not bundled.

I think it's best to wait for next inevitable Double Fine HB 665 or Build-A-DF Bundle 2 that we can get a fair amount of stuff we own (for flipping, trading, selling, giving away) and also get the few newer things we really likely want & need from them [i.e. such as Broken Age or that Grim Fandango Remaster].
A lot of it is that for sure, but after Spacebase DF-9 was abandoned unfinished and the second part of Broken Age was clearly rushed, which is ridiculous considering how much time and money they had for it, I'm not sure they can be trusted to make something halfway decent either. They're coasting on an old reputation at this point and asking for more handouts than the god damned Salvation Army in December.

Tim basically got all MO MONEY MO MONEY after people threw a shit ton of cash at him at just the mere mention that he was going to make a new game, and never mind that he had no flipping clue at the time what the hell it was.

It's probably the worst corruption of a game developer I've seen since EA threw a shit ton of money at Richard Garriott decades ago so he could use it to be a giant kid and fly in space and buy a castle and throw Medieval Times parties and shit.

With Double Fine and Kickstarter everyone was so busy cheering and singing Ding Dong the Witch Big Publisher is Dead that they failed to realize that giving some game developer or small indie house your money for an IOU isn't any better than the blind pre-ordering from the big publishers that everyone complains about.

A lot of it is that for sure, but after Spacebase DF-9 was abandoned unfinished and the second part of Broken Age was clearly rushed, which is ridiculous considering how much time and money they had for it, I'm not sure they can be trusted to make something halfway decent either. They're coasting on an old reputation at this point and asking for more handouts than the god damned Salvation Army in December.

Tim basically got all MO MONEY MO MONEY after people threw a shit ton of cash at him at just the mere mention that he was going to make a new game, and never mind that he had no flipping clue at the time what the hell it was.

It's probably the worst corruption of a game developer I've seen since EA threw a shit ton of money at Richard Garriott decades ago so he could use it to be a giant kid and fly in space and buy a castle and throw Medieval Times parties and shit.

With Double Fine and Kickstarter everyone was so busy cheering and singing Ding Dong the Witch Big Publisher is Dead that they failed to realize that giving some game developer or small indie house your money for an IOU isn't any better than the blind pre-ordering from the big publishers that everyone complains about.
Good to know about Spacebase, which is sitting in my backlog. And I still haven't bought Broken Age - again, good to know that it seemed rushed.

Speaking of Garriott - I wonder when Shrouds will go out of EA (Early Access).

Speaking of Garriott - I wonder when Shrouds will go out of EA (Early Access).
When Garriott gets enough money to go to the moon?

Who the hell knows? There's no real motivation for them to do so since once they take it out of Early Access that can't use that as a shield to cover their asses over any and all half assedness.

bread's done
Back