Humble Bundle Thread

https://twitter.com/humble/status/660516652811812864
Took long enough.

Well, then again - it's not like anyone's likely going to buy the Monthly, given how many copies of Disappointment & Already-Owned Games will be in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they initially avoided using paypal because of the associated fees (i.e., they get less money).  Since I'm sure few people were ordering the monthly and plenty cancelled since the leak they decided the math might balance out if they attracted some paypal-only customers.

@Mooby

HB must be desparate for money then! :p

This HB Monthly's going to bomb.

I can't wait to see The Cesspool flooded w/ games from this HB Monthly that they already own + will have trouble trying to get rid of! 

I believe they initially avoided using paypal because of the associated fees (i.e., they get less money). Since I'm sure few people were ordering the monthly and plenty cancelled since the leak they decided the math might balance out if they attracted some paypal-only customers.
I'm sorry, what leak?

I'm not entirely convinced that leak was an actual leak. I think it was a troll.
yeah.....weird how he was the only one to see this stuff

none of the pictures really match up to what he posted...i mean maybe they will but....... valkyria chronicles and dlc for grimrock 2 which doesnt even exist?

I believe they initially avoided using paypal because of the associated fees (i.e., they get less money). Since I'm sure few people were ordering the monthly and plenty cancelled since the leak they decided the math might balance out if they attracted some paypal-only customers.

@Mooby

HB must be desparate for money then! :p

This HB Monthly's going to bomb.

I can't wait to see The Cesspool flooded w/ games from this HB Monthly that they already own + will have trouble trying to get rid of!
well, if HB Monthly blind order is a success, then Poopees may follow suit and offer $10 monthly Groupees pre order too

Not touching that Monthly Bundle with a 39 and 1/2 foot pole until ever game in the bundle is known to me. At $5 I would have thrown caution to the wind, but $12? No way.

well, if HB Monthly blind order is a success, then Poopees may follow suit and offer $10 monthly daily Groupees pre order too
FTFY. Poopees would never be satisfied with doing something once a month.

sJ5WEIS.gif

New Humble Mobile Bundle - 16:
  • Outwitters Humble Edition
  • Block Legend
  • Rocket ROBO
Beat the Average for the above and:
  • Ys Chronicles 1
  • Space Marshalls
  • ALONE...

This looks better than the Kemco Mobile bundle (since I was a fool and bought those at 99 cents). Stupid RPG games....a weak spot along with RPGMaker games.

https://twitter.com/humble/status/661257726001999872

Pass on the Mobile Bundle.
Looks like it could be Banished. It just hit 75% off on steam and humble this week, and the Humble sale ends in 5 days.. seems like too much to be a coincidence. Brut isn't sure if there are windmills in the game (without a mod) though..

EDIT: Drabe thinks the windmill hint could be Valkyria Chronicles. It fits in with the leak that happened on reddit earlier, but who the hell uses windmills as a hint for VC? These hints are worse than Jonny's.

Looks like it could be Banished. It just hit 75% off on steam and humble this week, and the Humble sale ends in 5 days.. seems like too much to be a coincidence. Brut isn't sure if there are windmills in the game (without a mod) though..

EDIT: Drabe thinks the windmill hint could be Valkyria Chronicles. It fits in with the leak that happened on reddit earlier, but who the hell uses windmills as a hint for VC? These hints are worse than Jonny's.
because...

qtapryvibzv4med7qoj0.jpg

I'd like to know what all is included in the Outwitters "Humble edition". There's a ton of IAP packs on Google Play / iOS.

It used to be that IAPs were taken out of the Humble versions. But that has changed substantially recently with many games still having IAPs.

I'd like to know what all is included in the Outwitters "Humble edition". There's a ton of IAP packs on Google Play / iOS.

It used to be that IAPs were taken out of the Humble versions. But that has changed substantially recently with many games still having IAPs.
Generally when they say "Humble edition" it includes all the various addons available, though I'm not sure on this particular title. That said, I grabbed this bunde, largely for Outwitters, so I'll install it now and see what it looks like.

I thought it did? Or maybe there was one game it didn't but the guy thought it was Legends of Grimlock II DLC so yeah. Stop with the wishful thinking. Don't be a morans.
see the windmill, it has colors

fallout 4 also has colors

it's so obvious that it's a hint for fallout 4

Generally when they say "Humble edition" it includes all the various addons available, though I'm not sure on this particular title. That said, I grabbed this bunde, largely for Outwitters, so I'll install it now and see what it looks like.
Or rather I won't install it because I didn't look at what the system requirements were and didn't realize I couldn't run it.

If I'm not mistaken, here's how the hints for the monthly bundle add up.

certain:

Saints Row 4
Besiege
Valkyria Chronicles
Sunless Sea

uncertain:

Shovel Knight / Rogue Legacy / Crypt of the Necrodancer / ??

Lethal League / ??

certain:

Saints Row 4
Besiege
Valkyria Chronicles
Sunless Sea

uncertain:

Shovel Knight / Rogue Legacy / Crypt of the Necrodancer / Gauntlet

Lethal League / Inside My Radio
I hope Sunless Sea is a cert. That, Grimrock 2 and two other games I don't own would make the bundle less of a disaster. I can gift the other games to my daughter's a/c.

certain:

Saints Row 4
Besiege
Valkyria Chronicles
Sunless Sea

uncertain:

Lethal League / ??
spoder's guesses:

Halo Guardians

Legend of Zelda Wii U

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Lara Croft amiibo (so he can put it next to the $155 weeaboo game he just moran'd)

Im excited to see the Humble "all that shit you caved in on a month ago but haven't played 'cuz Spoder said something" monthly bundle. It'll probably have Q*bert.

By the by, I will totes buy someone's Grimrock II for five cards. Limited time offer.

To be honest, I'll probably buy the Humble Monthly. I want most of those games and I figure I can sell off what I own/don't want and make it a good deal for myself.

It didn't, unfortunately. I don't know what that hint is for, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's Torchlight 2.

Actually, the best guess I've seen is that the hint could represent the developer "Gaslamp Games".
I doubt they'll be bundling Clockwork Empires, so get ready for more Dredmor!

(If anyone wants to pawn off their SR4 and it does turn out to be the GOTY edition, I'll pay $2 for it. :p)

It didn't, unfortunately. I don't know what that hint is for, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's Torchlight 2.

Actually, the best guess I've seen is that the hint could represent the developer "Gaslamp Games".
Clockwork Empires would be incredible, yet insanely unlikely. That's been at the top of my wishlist forever. Probably would be Dredmor though. Still, that (or even Sunless Sea) would be the only repeat for me so far.

certain:

Saints Row 4
Besiege
Valkyria Chronicles
Sunless Sea

uncertain:

Lethal League / ??
There's nothing there that I own. This is looking decently solid, though I'll continue to wait for more possible leaks.

I doubt they'll be bundling Clockwork Empires, so get ready for more Dredmor!

(If anyone wants to pawn off their SR4 and it does turn out to be the GOTY edition, I'll pay $2 for it. :p)
SOLD! (If it's the GOTY ed.)

In other on-topic news, my daughter apparently already bought Besiege so I'll have a spare.

photo-484551.jpg

You're such a bad parent. Get her to refund it so you can give her your copy!
She says she bought it ages ago, so I'm only a bad parent for not paying attention to what she does online and not for failing to train her to be a CAG. :speaktothehand:

certain:

Saints Row 4
Besiege
Valkyria Chronicles
Sunless Sea

uncertain:

Lethal League / ??
So basically, this bundle ain't "adding up" to very much then...

She already wants Besiege fo shizzle.

EDIT: Wait! No she already bought Besiege, open for $2 pre-order offers on it.
isnt it around $8ish regular price?

so $2 ain't much. Valkyria Chronicles on the other hand is $20 ....just saying

p.s. I can buy it off from you

So basically, this bundle ain't "adding up" to very much then...
It looks like a pretty solid group of games (plus you get Grimrock II).

But it's "penny in to lock a $5.50 BTA to decide later" good, not "pre-order for $12 and hope it's decent" good. ;)

bread's done
Back