Humble Bundle Thread

I have Victor and Homeworld on my wishlist, but already have three of the remaining lower tiers.  I don't have Tropico 5, but haven't really touched the previous ones in the series anyway.  

Very much on the fence here.

For those interested Gettysburg is pretty good, but it has some limitations.  The Union campaign is not too bad, since you are defending most of the time.  But on the Confederate side since you are attacking and have to move troops more that is where you really start to see path finding issues or wonky AI.

Overall very good for a dollar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a tab from right when the bundle launched, so it's sitting at $5 even. At it's current BTA, I'd pass, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy it and hope for good unlocks next week.

Chivalry does not "essentially require an expansion". We just played it last week (Bro Night) and were able to play it enjoyably without Deadliest Warrior + theres still a ton of people and a ton of servers playing the base game. Fail. + the expansion is regularly on sale for $3 - $5 and still may be $3 on Bundle Stars.
I was DLC shamed for not having the expansion.

I use to play chivalry from time to time. The community is well and alive, I usually find matches on the main game, not that much on the DLC

Played Grav during that free weekend and liked it. Is not a game I'll sunk 300+ hours like ARK... But I may try xD

Brothers is fantastic.
300 hours in Ark? I never see you on......

:p LIES

LOL. your base is awesome

Brothers = 2deep4u art house trash
I'm all for calling out art house trash when it is warranted. In this case, I found that there was an actual good game to go along with the hook and the story that everyone went nuts over. It's fair to say that it's overhyped, but I think it gets that proclamation because it does a number of things well, and the "art house trash" with which it keeps company often struggles to excel in a single area.

Same. Haven't touched Ashes, SC2 or expac, or some other ones I bought recently lol
I've played Ashes of Singularity for a few hours and have enjoyed it so far. I don't have a great feel for all of the units yet, but I like the twist they've given it by creating sort of a web of resources in which you capture points on the map to further your reach. It has a nice back and forth flow to it, and it's very satisfying to be able to attack your opponent at a weak point and cripple his income.

It's better than your run-of-the-mill RTS and has a feel of its own. Don't let it languish in your backlog if you like strategy or RTS games.

If you can sneak by the watchful eye of Ashot P, the T5 DLC does go dirt cheap at Putingate when on sale.

6F5o0yI.png

A $6.37 BTA is too much for me, especially as Tropico 5 seems almost worthless due to no upgrade for the complete version.  (Well, unless one wants to join granny in Russia.)  Unless the unlocks are awesome this looks like a $1 bundle to me.

Yeah, I'll just wait until Tropico 5 gets a complete edition with all the DLC.

And then I will further wait until that collection glitches on steam for $0.39. That strategy hasn't failed me yet with the Tropico franchise.

And then I will further wait until that collection glitches on steam for $0.39. That strategy hasn't failed me yet with the Tropico franchise.
Complete Edition has been out for some time but no glitch or even cheap sale yet.

I love Tropico but the DLC is always garbage.  I love the series and replay them in my sleep I but haven't bothered with buying 95% of the DLC.  Why are folks that will only play it for an hour or two tops care about the DLC?

I love Tropico but the DLC is always garbage. I love the series and replay them in my sleep I but haven't bothered with buying 95% of the DLC. Why are folks that will only play it for an hour or two tops care about the DLC?
Because we're not gonna play it anyway, so might as well wait for the complete collection to get glitched/cheap/bundled? If it's a game I really want to play, I might be ok without having the DLC.. but if I'm gonna hoard shit I've gotta have everything.

I love Tropico but the DLC is always garbage. I love the series and replay them in my sleep I but haven't bothered with buying 95% of the DLC. Why are folks that will only play it for an hour or two tops care about the DLC?
Well the expansion DLCs, which are few and far between, do actually add significant content. But the rest are basically just one new building and worth about the 28 cents I paid on Putingate if that.

As for why people here want them, because they are OCD omagerd gottacatchem all obsessed.

Same. Haven't touched Ashes, SC2 or expac, or some other ones I bought recently lol
Just picked up the mission pack for StarCraft, which prompted me to start trolling the internet looking for deals on Legacy of the Void. Ended up going to a GameStop 2.5 hours away (had to travel to that location for work anyway) and buying with some points coupons. I just finished the prologue and the first campaign mission. I've never been much of a Protoss guy, but it plays pretty much like the other two so far.

Don't know about the remake, but the original Homeworlds weren't too RTS-y. They're no where near as fast/twitchy as StarCraft and what most people generally think of when they think RTS. It's closer to controlling carriers in StarCraft.
Well, they're RTS-y in the sense that they're RTSes. Not every RTS is StarCraft; some are Age of Empires.

The remastered versions are just graphical sprucing-ups so they should play identically to the "classic" versions.

I like the idea of a new Homeworld game, but, despite the positive reviews, Deserts of Kharak just doesn't seem to be it for me. I guess it's a bit weird to have a non-pseudo-3D Homeworld game not set in space.

Eh, I piddled around with the first Tropico a while back, and the game pretty much leaves you to figure out its mechanics. I like the concept of sandboxes, but this was a bit absurd. So I have 2 as a MysterD game and 3 and 4 backlogged on Steam, but no real desire to fire up any of them at this point. I'll wait for 5 to be bundled or just ignore it altogether.

Well, they're RTS-y in the sense that they're RTSes. Not every RTS is StarCraft; some are Age of Empires.

The remastered versions are just graphical sprucing-ups so they should play identically to the "classic" versions.
It seems they "enhaced" HW1 using the same engine as HW2... And some people doesn't liked it because you lost some game mechanics only present on the first game. But a patch seems to be on the way. But people who liked HW2 liked this change

Eh, I piddled around with the first Tropico a while back, and the game pretty much leaves you to figure out its mechanics. I like the concept of sandboxes, but this was a bit absurd. So I have 2 as a MysterD game and 3 and 4 backlogged on Steam, but no real desire to fire up any of them at this point. I'll wait for 5 to be bundled or just ignore it altogether.
I remember T4 guides you through the first hours with some mission style tutorials. It was good. Can't remember if T3 did that too

Deserts of Kharak is the PREQUEL of Homeworld. Would be hard to shoe-horn the "space theme" in for the sake of having space theme
Perhaps, but my point is that the idea behind the Homeworld games is that you're in charge of a colony ship belonging to a race that has lost its, um, homeworld. Given that, it's weird to have a game in the series set on a planet.

Yes, I know it's set prior to the first two games. My basic point is that it would have made much more sense to just make a third game instead of a prequel. I think prequels are overrated as a concept. Plus I'm an old man, so there's that.

I remember T4 guides you through the first hours with some mission style tutorials. It was good. Can't remember if T3 did that too
It does. The modern Tropicos have a campaign mode and tutorial.

I can't believe someone would judge the entire series based on the first game released like a million years ago having no tutorial. That was the thing back then. Hell some dumbass indies use it as a selling point.

Well the expansion DLCs, which are few and far between, do actually add significant content. But the rest are basically just one new building and worth about the 28 cents I paid on Putingate if that.

As for why people here want them, because they are OCD omagerd gottacatchem all obsessed.
How the f are you getting thru? Putin and AshotP gots me on lockdown....I've got bluePutinCoinz and use the Russian VPN but all my orders go to "Manuel Review" and he cancels them....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

I can't believe someone would judge the entire series based on the first game released like a million years ago having no tutorial. That was the thing back then. Hell some dumbass indies use it as a selling point.
also No-Save feature = extra selling point. We don't want to put it in b/c .. eh... it's "roguelike" :drool:

:wall: more like lazy design and incompetent programming.. I wonder how extraordinarily tolerant this generation of gamers have become.

Gonna chime in here to say that Tropico 5 was actually quite different from 3/4, at least as different as it can get while at its core still being the same game.

3 was my favorite, mostly because of the awesome salsa soundtrack, and probably because that's the game I started the series with. 4 was like an updated version of 3; prettier graphics, more buildings, and IMO, too easy. 5 did things differently with the whole "era" system, which have you less freedom to progress how you wanted to (you have to pass certain criteria to advance to the next era, and certain buildings are locked until you get to a certain era) and have it more of a linear progression feel. Oh, and they also have this new presidential dynasty system, which is kind of cool I guess, gives you an actual reason to embezzle funds in your Swiss bank account, but its just a side thing and won't make or break the game. They also made some other changes, like to the way trade works, but I don't want to prattle on too long or spoder will "OMGWALLOTEXT" me.

I seem to remember a lot of fans didn't like the new system when the game first launched. I actually defended the new changes at first, commending them for trying new things (at least it wasn't just an updated version of 4) but ultimately I ended up playing 5 way less than 3 or 4 so... take from that what you will.

Well, sure, but in my defense, I did read the manual, and that was back when games had manuals.

It didn't help.

How the f are you getting thru? Putin and AshotP gots me on lockdown....I've got bluePutinCoinz and use the Russian VPN but all my orders go to "Manuel Review" and he cancels them....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
That's the same thing that happened to me, and when I sent support a ticket they said if I kept it up they'd ban me. If I didn't have a bunch of blue coins that they wouldn't refund then I wouldn't even care. It's difficult to find something even worth a damn to buy there without putin pricing.

It's like people forget that they're on CAG when posting.

Far better to not judge games having never played any of them.

Backlog today, backlog tomorrow, backlog always!

New Survival Build Your Own Bundle on Humble Store, but it sucks compared to the last one. Own all but one game and highest possible discount is only 70% off.  Oh well. RIP Weekly.  

Mooby? Blink twice if you're being held hostage.
20 likes, that has to be some kind of record.

I will probably change my tune when the other games in the bundle are arthouse pudding eating simulators 2.0-5.0.

Humble Telltale Bundle
Ce18XsR.png
$1
  • Back to the Future: The Game
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Poker Night at the Inventory
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Puzzle Agent 1 & 2
    k08ZaGN.png
  • The Walking Dead - Season 1
    k08ZaGN.png
    +
    7Nz1zTZ.png
  • [coupon] 10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers
BTA (lowest ~$5.90)
  • The Walking Dead: 400 Days
    k08ZaGN.png
  • The Wolf Among Us
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Poker Night 2
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Tales from the Borderlands
    k08ZaGN.png
week two additions:
  • Jurassic Park: The Game
    k08ZaGN.png
  • Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Season 1
    k08ZaGN.png
$12
  • Game of Thrones
    k08ZaGN.png
  • The Walking Dead - Season 2
    k08ZaGN.png
[customspoiler=icons]
k08ZaGN.png
Steam key ...
8b23Ujb.png
DRM-free ...
aMeWlBI.png
soundtrack ...
7Nz1zTZ.png
cards[/customspoiler]

Good bundle if you don't already have most of them. I'm missing Wolf Among Us and Tales from Borderlands, from the BTA tier, and the upper fixed tier. Got the entire base tier.

Walking Dead Season 2 and Game of Thrones should not be in the $12 tier. Isn't this the same $1 tier as the last telltale bundle too? Weak.

Ha. Well, shit.

I honestly doubt this will add the few Telltale games I don't have on Steam (Sam and Max S1+S2, Tales of Monkey Island.) I'm guessing they didn't include Telltale keys this time around to lose less money. :p

Knight Squad looks kinda neat. Pretty blah on those additions overall though. At least I didn't own either of them.

Liking the new bundle though. I don't own any of it on steam. Do have Tales from the Borderlands which was a telltale key from GG & A Wolf Among Us from games with gold on xbone.

bread's done
Back