Humble Bundle Thread

I have a Hooked on multi tab open at $5.88, I don't think I want it. 

If anyone wants it for $5.89 PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
What time do these go live? Might have to get this. Horus Heresy is up to 40+ books.
Uh, really? I wouldn't mind reading some more 40K books, but I'm definitely not enough of a Warhammer 40K nerd to read that many books in a single series. Sounds like a pass.

Uh, really? I wouldn't mind reading some more 40K books, but I'm definitely not enough of a Warhammer 40K nerd to read that many books in a single series. Sounds like a pass.
This is serious literature for serious scholars only. If you haven't read them I recommend the Dan Abnett books starting with Eisenhorn, they take place more on the periphery of the 40k universe.

They sure are milking it but the first three, which I assume will be bundled for sure, are really solid reads.

Also, you really don't have to read each and every book.

They sure are milking it but the first three, which I assume will be bundled for sure, are really solid reads.

Also, you really don't have to read each and every book.
Yeah I know someone that is 37 books deep, apparently you can skip around. He recommended the first 5 in order though.

Yeah I know someone that is 37 books deep, apparently you can skip around. He recommended the first 5 in order though.
Very much this. There's even some overlap with different points of view.

(I think after this they sort of realized the hit they had on their hands and expanded the series to cover more of the Heresy.)

This is serious literature for serious scholars only. If you haven't read them I recommend the Dan Abnett books starting with Eisenhorn, they take place more on the periphery of the 40k universe.
I thought maybe you were joking here, as I sometimes have trouble seeing the color yellow, but, um, okay. I guess there are people around here who take Warhammer 40K as seriously or more seriously than I do Doctor Who.

Has Humble ever bundled The Witcher books? If they do, I highly recommend them to fans of the games or just people who know how to read, generally. I'm reading them right now and I like them a lot. After 20 years of only playing games and watching movies not only are they a great tool to re-teach myself how to read, but the stories are pretty cool. Reading is kind of like watching a movie where your brain is both the projector and the screen. It's hard, but don't let that stop you from trying!

Warhammer is life! While you game in 4K, I live in 40K!
revenge+of+the+nerds.png

Yeah I really like Dan Abnett's stuff. The Eisenhorn, Ravenor, and Gaunt's Ghosts omnibuses got me into reading 40k stuff. I've been reading the Horus Heresy novels off and on for a while now, I think I am on #23 (Angel Exterminatus). On the plus side playing the games and reading the books is way cheaper than nerding out on the actual figures!

Yeah I really like Dan Abnett's stuff. The Eisenhorn, Ravenor, and Gaunt's Ghosts omnibuses got me into reading 40k stuff. I've been reading the Horus Heresy novels off and on for a while now, I think I am on #23 (Angel Exterminatus). On the plus side playing the games and reading the books is way cheaper than nerding out on the actual figures!
The books are a gateway drug to the hard stuff.

The books are a gateway drug to the hard stuff.
Until you see that an army sets you back multiple months worth of video games.... too much. Warmachine was marginally cheaper... but man.. those guys take sheot very seriously. I think I made it to book 10-11 in this series. Was hoping this would take it just a bit deeper into the books for a little more (say a 25 tier with the rest... or through 25-30)

Has Humble ever bundled The Witcher books? If they do, I highly recommend them to fans of the games or just people who know how to read, generally. I'm reading them right now and I like them a lot. After 20 years of only playing games and watching movies not only are they a great tool to re-teach myself how to read, but the stories are pretty cool. Reading is kind of like watching a movie where your brain is both the projector and the screen. It's hard, but don't let that stop you from trying!
I have all that have been translated to English. I have not finished the one that was most recently translated and released I think last May.

They are pretty good. I don't think they have ever been bundled.

I have all that have been translated to English. I have not finished the one that was most recently translated and released I think last May.

They are pretty good. I don't think they have ever been bundled.
I have or have read all of the first four. Lady of the Lake actually came out in English about two weeks ago. They're all available on the Kindle store if you read ebooks. The Last Wish is also available.

No, no one has ever bundled them, but they are great and provide a lot of nice backstory to the characters you meet in the games, so you can fakeybro them if you're looking for something non-Warhammery to read.

I have or have read all of the first four. Lady of the Lake actually came out in English about two weeks ago. They're all available on the Kindle store if you read ebooks. The Last Wish is also available.

No, no one has ever bundled them, but they are great and provide a lot of nice backstory to the characters you meet in the games, so you can fakeybro them if you're looking for something non-Warhammery to read.
Uhhhh... the games and the books have little to do with each other (other than basically a main character). To my knowledge, the writer of the Witcher actually HATES the games. So what exactly are we talking about? (well, Witcher 3 was somewhat connected.. quite a bit maybe.. but not 1 & 2)

Uhhhh... the games and the books have little to do with each other (other than basically a main character). To my knowledge, the writer of the Witcher actually HATES the games. So what exactly are we talking about? (well, Witcher 3 was somewhat connected.. quite a bit maybe.. but not 1 & 2)
We've read very different books, apparently because there are characters and events referenced in the games that are described in the books. Just one obvious example I can point to is the titular story in The Last Wish, which is referenced in a side quest with Yennifer in The Witcher 3.

Also I just read an interview with Sapkowski stating that while he doesn't make any money off of the games (CD Projekt RED initially paid him a flat royalty fee, and that was his decision), he thinks they're very well-done. He just (understandably) hopes that people will remember where the stories of Geralt, Dandelion, and all the rest originally came from.

Given that the games probably made an English translation of his novels possible, I'm sure he's happy with the results.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

We've read very different books, apparently because there are characters and events referenced in the games that are described in the books. Just one obvious example I can point to is the titular story in The Last Wish, which is referenced in a side quest with Yennifer in The Witcher 3.

Also I just read an interview with Sapkowski stating that while he doesn't make any money off of the games (CD Projekt RED initially paid him a flat royalty fee, and that was his decision), he thinks they're very well-done. He just (understandably) hopes that people will remember where the stories of Geralt, Dandelion, and all the rest originally came from.
7kD8cD1.gif

I have read three or so of the Witcher books as well. Even the one that was a collection of short stories was really well done. They tie in with the games decently as far as background info goes too. If you're looking for something to read and like the games you won't be disappointed.

Thinking of buying these 40k books, at the rate I am currently going 15 books will likely last me several years.

I saw some Witness gameplay videos. I like it. But can wait for a better bundle, I'm not a big puzzle fan

I'm still pondering whether I will subscribe or not. On the one hand, 2Deep4U walking sims are right up my alley, but this just being in that freedom bundle concerns me. Now if Subnautica was included with it, I'd be game.
If Subnautica is in this month's humble monthly I'm going to be irritated considering I had to buy the whole freedom bundle and sell off 35 or so odd games just to get Subnautica. That was a lot of work to get the game for only $3 less than I could have gotten it during the Winter Sale.

I think I'm going to test the theory that a lower retail game as the feature lifts the quality (or at least the dollar value) of the reveals.

bread's done
Back