Humble Bundle Thread

too bad i have these
I don't mind paying for the extra-keys. I could always find something to do w/ the extras.

I don't really like a lot keys here for me would be going to waste since it's only 1 key per Tier, since I own a lot of this stuff already either from Retail or on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
A much more direct and reliable source, at least as far as Dirt 3 goes, was already posted two posts above yours.
I get that, but figured I'd post in case people had a question about other GFWL question since the conversation seemed to breakdown into how bad GFWL in general is for a few of the posts.

Great.  Once again, I casually stroll into a thread, minding my own business.  Then - BAM!  I get socked to buy a bundle I didn't know I wanted.

I feel so violated.

Yes, or it means you can have a large number of issues trying to log in. Some people have lots of issues though I have yet to experience that with GFWL. That being said, I'm glad GFWL is on its way out.
Thanks,Ill probably pay the $6 and get some achievements on Dirt 3 but I'm mostly gonna BTA just for Overlord 2.

Thanks,Ill probably pay the $6 and get some achievements on Dirt 3 but I'm mostly gonna BTA just for Overlord 2.
Just FYI, because GFWL will soon be patched out there will be a point when you can no longer earn achievements. They haven't given a date so you could buy this today and by Monday find out that achievements aren't available anymore. Just a warning that you may not get any or, if you're the type that likes to 100% everything, may get yourself stuck unable to complete them.

This is probaby the second or, at most, third Humble bundle that I've ever completely skipped (and I've been buying since HIB1). I have all the games I want from the IndieGala bundle, and I could care less for racing games. A dollar saved is dollar spent next week, I say!

They might pull a Batman and take out the achievements without warning. If you get it, play it asap.

I've never had a problem with GFWL. I have many more problems playing Steam games. Why can't I just create a lobby and invite friends like in every GFWL game? Always have to mess around with ports and there's still a chance it won't work.

Okay, Ashes, here's my question: if I enjoy TDU2 but find the qualifying races rather difficult and loathed GRID 2 because I found even the demo too difficult on "very easy," would I enjoy the DiRT games on offer here?

I love it when you talk dirty to me in Japanese! It's so hawt!!!1! #2young2die #2hawt4u
Live fast. Die young. Leave a roadside cross (or star, or crescent).

Okay, Ashes, here's my question: if I enjoy TDU2 but find the qualifying races rather difficult and loathed GRID 2 because I found even the demo too difficult on "very easy," would I enjoy the DiRT games on offer here?
The qualifying/licence races of TDU2 are the toughest/worst part of TDU2... I dislike them. GRID 2 is weird. The AI cheats on some races and the camera is more appropriate for cinematic work than letting me play a damn racing game.

Dirt 1/2/3 are all great and well balanced. I do prefer the rally races the most. Dirt Showdown is a completely separate title that I haven't manged to "get into".

The qualifying/licence races of TDU2 are the toughest/worst part of TDU2... I dislike them. GRID 2 is weird. The AI cheats on some races and the camera is more appropriate for cinematic work than letting me play a damn racing game.

Dirt 1/2/3 are all great and well balanced. I do prefer the rally races the most. Dirt Showdown is a completely separate title that I haven't manged to "get into".
Dang. I was sorta hoping you'd tell me that the above was clear evidence I sucked at racers and I would be terrible at DIRT. Now I'll probably have to pony up the $6. :)

I'll just reiterate that Rise of the Argonauts is a great ARPG with a neat twist on the Jason myth. It's well worth $1 by itself.
This is probably going to push me over the edge with this bundle. I'm a sucker for Greek-themed stuff. I probably would have skipped because of the campy voice acting in the trailer, but if it's well-enough liked by you guys I'll toss a buck at it.

This is probaby the second or, at most, third Humble bundle that I've ever completely skipped (and I've been buying since HIB1). I have all the games I want from the IndieGala bundle, and I could care less for racing games. A dollar saved is dollar spent next week, I say!
I've starting skipping a lot of them the past couple months. There's just too much other competition now - not that I have a problem with that.

Dang. I was sorta hoping you'd tell me that the above was clear evidence I sucked at racers and I would be terrible at DIRT. Now I'll probably have to pony up the $6. :)
DiRT 2 is insanely easy on the first two difficulty settings. I'd be surprised if anyone sucked badly enough that they couldn't do well on those settings.

I would assume DiRT 3 has similar difficulty settings, so the easiest should be winnable by anyone.

Dirt (and GRID1) have 7 difficultly levels... something I really like. It lets me ratchet up the difficulty gradually. (I usually play 2nd sometimes top, difficulty after some time)

Live fast. Die young. Leave a roadside cross (or star, or crescent).

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. That is humanity.

I am still missing Dirt 1 from my collection, it's a pity that the game got removed from steam. Speaking of the new Humble Weekly, anyone care to share their thoughts on the Operation Flashpoint games?

They might pull a Batman and take out the achievements without warning. If you get it, play it asap.

I've never had a problem with GFWL. I have many more problems playing Steam games. Why can't I just create a lobby and invite friends like in every GFWL game? Always have to mess around with ports and there's still a chance it won't work.
IMO GFWL handles game updates very poorly. Some games just update themselves over and over again and Support never bothers fixing any of the issues. Never had any problem in-game though.

DiRT 2 is insanely easy on the first two difficulty settings. I'd be surprised if anyone sucked badly enough that they couldn't do well on those settings.

I would assume DiRT 3 has similar difficulty settings, so the easiest should be winnable by anyone.
Dirt (and GRID1) have 7 difficultly levels... something I really like. It lets me ratchet up the difficulty gradually. (I usually play 2nd sometimes top, difficulty after some time)
Sounds like I'd thrive on "Insanely Easy."

IMO GFWL handles game updates very poorly. Some games just update themselves over and over again and Support never bothers fixing any of the issues. Never had any problem in-game though.
Yep, for all the grousing (and much of it legitimate) I read about GfWL, I never had any game-breaking problems with it. I think I had an issue once with one of the Batman or Dawn of War games not logging in but it resolved itself quickly enough.

Yep, for all the grousing (and much of it legitimate) I read about GfWL, I never had any game-breaking problems with it. I think I had an issue once with one of the Batman or Dawn of War games not logging in but it resolved itself quickly enough.
The Update-though-GFWL mechanism he mentioned is pretty darn rare.

Sounds like I'd thrive on "Insanely Easy."
I don't remember what the default difficulty is, but I happened to begin playing Dirt 3 about a week ago and it was really, really easy from the start. Braking and shifting were handled for me and it was impossible to lose control. Basically, without changing settings, you can just hold down the accelerator for the entire race, never touch the brake, and keep the front of your car on the driving line and you'll be a champion.

I bought this for Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown...have the Steam Codes for the Pay Anything Bundle (Overlord, etc.).  PM me if you want to trade something of roughly equivalent value

I don't remember what the default difficulty is, but I happened to begin playing Dirt 3 about a week ago and it was really, really easy from the start. Braking and shifting were handled for me and it was impossible to lose control. Basically, without changing settings, you can just hold down the accelerator for the entire race, never touch the brake, and keep the front of your car on the driving line and you'll be a champion.
That's the (auto) assists... separate from the difficulty level. I've seen quite a few games with really heavy assists in recent years (I don't remember since I turn assists off for a more natural feel/more spinouts)

Ah jeez, finally got around to playing and finishing To The Moon. Must have had a bad case of some allergies or something at tne end there ... :(

Usually it's games, crap, games, crap, games, etc.  So I'm figuring this to at least be an android bundle.  Of course... it could be no bundle at all.

Humble WebOS bundle
I really wanted to checkout WebOS... but the firesale made it so damn hard to track down a device (T-Mo compatible or GTFO). (I was interested because it was technically the closest platform to Maemo/Meego... I'm still interested in seeing Tizen and Jolla/Sailfish... I have some hope for an Ubuntu Phone one day.)

I'm still using my old firesale Touchpad (with Android on it, natch).  It's pretty clunky these days in both form and function but it meets my scant Android needs -- browser, webcomic viewer, email, etc.  I habitually get games for it and most of them work fine but I'm not really a tablet gamer.

Every now and then I feel like it's time to upgrade, then I see the $300 price tag for a half-decent tablet ($250ish if I want to go refurb) and go back to my old workhorse.  Plus, when I do upgrade, I'll really miss the Touchstone charger stand.

bread's done
Back