Humble Bundle Thread

I had the message that I was right on the edge of 1000 and missed Starbound, so they were hunting for more keys. Looks like they found some so a few minutes ago it appeared on my profile.

Good on Humble Bundle for that.

ur lucky ur came late it was 8 bucks range then i went 4 one cent bundle to drop it down to 6.05 now we neeed more work
forget price...the games themselves are pretty unexciting. might buy for a dollar (don't have runner2 or joe danger on steam...have runner 2 on playstation due to ps+). the bta games suck. the bonuses can make this bundle either pretty good or flat out terrible for a numbered humble bundle

It actually limits you to a certain amount (I guess 5 for this bundle) for each form of payment. So you need to switch to another payment method to get the bundle.

And this wont expire, btw. So it's not like you could come back in a day or two and use whatever payment method that you used and be able to buy it. Unless you can find another way to buy it, you're done with HiBX
When did they start doing that? Last time I heard anything about the lock (which was during the EA bundle) it was a temporary thing and your ability to purchase again was restored 24-48 hours later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

Is Tebowdragon locked out of Humble Bundle? I have a sinking suspicion that he is, but I wish I could confirm it somehow.
no just paypal option im locked out im still can use google amazon (need to higher) credit card(50 cents at least)

When did they start doing that? Last I heard it was a temporary thing and your ability to purchase again was restored 24-48 hours later.
maybe since ea bundle? they turn to dark side?

So did I, and almost 10,000 other people. It was the second best IGS sale ever.
[customspoiler='I feel bad for Chester']
Jp6vx5f.png
[/customspoiler]

Need ninja school. Any recommendations? :D
Become a squirrel.

Also throwing out my guesses for the bonuses:

• Legend of Dungeon
  • Joe Danger 1
  • The Bridge
  • Beatbuddy

Starbound is amazing.

Five minutes for it to load, then it crashes as soon as I try to leave my ship. It's just like a Bethesda game!

(Note: The above is sarcasm. I know it's still a work in progress. The game, not the sarcasm.)

[customspoiler='I feel bad for Chester']
Jp6vx5f.png
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler='Is game that bad?'] To gear up for the launch of IndieGameStand, we teamed up with Brilliant Blue-G games to offer their amazing platformer, Chester, absolutely FREE. Gamers who created an account on the site before our launch on Wednesday, September 26th received a a free copy of Chester.

Guess that explains it :D[/customspoiler]

Was probably going to get Starbound at the  slightest sale that came up so I am pumped I got it for $10, considering I also didn't own any of the other games besides Reus and To the Moon. Many may be disappointed but I got 3 games (Papa and Yo, Surgeon Simulator, and Starbound) that I had really been wanting. Here's to hoping we get some good BTA games!

Agreed, but I think it's more likely that they'll just add in the Good Friends DLC.
I'm torn on this. It's certainly a reasonable suggestion. But we've often seen bundle-the-base-game-so-people-will-buy-the-dlc. My BTR1 notion was that its also thematically correct and previously HIB'd but not for a while.

It actually limits you to a certain amount (I guess 5 for this bundle) for each form of payment. So you need to switch to another payment method to get the bundle.

And this wont expire, btw. So it's not like you could come back in a day or two and use whatever payment method that you used and be able to buy it. Unless you can find another way to buy it, you're done with HiBX
Well you could always make a new Amazon account I suppose...

no just paypal option im locked out im still can use google amazon (need to higher) credit card(50 cents at least)

maybe since ea bundle? they turn to dark side?
I can successfully pay $0.10 to HB via Amazon on Credit Card. I'm not sure about lower.

...oh dear... did I just completely understand a tebow post?

Starbound is amazing.

Five minutes for it to load, then it crashes as soon as I try to leave my ship. It's just like a Bethesda game!

(Note: The above is sarcasm. I know it's still a work in progress. The game, not the sarcasm.)
Wait for a bundle! ^_~

When did they start doing that? Last time I heard anything about the lock (which was during the EA bundle) it was a temporary thing and your ability to purchase again was restored 24-48 hours later.
I can't give you an exact timeline on it, but I was unable to buy a 4th copy of the WB Games & Jumbo bundles. It tried in both cases on the first day, then came back a week or so later.

I suppose it's possible that the rules are different for different bundles, though.

I'm torn on this. It's certainly a reasonable suggestion. But we've often seen bundle-the-base-game-so-people-will-buy-the-dlc. My BTR1 notion was that its also thematically correct and previously HIB'd but not for a while.

Well you could always make a new Amazon account I suppose...

I can successfully pay $0.10 to HB via Amazon on Credit Card. I'm not sure about lower.

...oh dear... did I just completely understand a tebow post?

Wait for a bundle! ^_~
oh it tebow magic oh yea now everyone going under tebow muahayh

I can't give you an exact timeline on it, but I was unable to buy a 4th copy of the WB Games & Jumbo bundles. It tried in both cases on the first day, then came back a week or so later.

I suppose it's possible that the rules are different for different bundles, though.
Could be, 'though it's just as likely that they adjusted them between the EA and WB bundles.

HIB 9's bonuses were 2 games that were bundled previously (Limbo/Bastion) and 2 that had been out over a year or close to it. I'd be really surprised to see anything that great as bonuses. I could totally see BitTrip 1 and Joe Danger 1. I can't even remember the last HB that had great bonuses. I'd be surprised to see The Bridge considering its not been bundled before and that seems to me to be a headline type of game for the full 2 weeks. 

All that said, this is a fantastic bundle. I didn't get it because I literally owned all of the games aside from Surgeon Simulator and I missed the first 1K of Starbound, and even that isnt enticing at 9.99. Every single game available in this bundle is quality though and BTA even at $6+ (currently $5.98) is a steal. I also do not regret my previous purchases. All were on-sale and all are great games worth playing.

So what's up with that surgeon simulator game anyway? All I know about it is from watching the humble video about this bundle but it looks ridiculously bad. I like when the arm answers the phone and the cord goes through the middle of it.

Ok, 5.98 BTA. That was good for me to pull the trigger.

Who knows, maybe the bonus will be Starbound just to troll on the thousand people who were suckered in putting $10. LOL

I likened it to a digital version of those arcade claw grabbers.  Seems like it would be a lot more frustrating than entertaining.  So… that just leaves Reus as the only appealing game.  Unless the bonuses are OMG amazing it looks like I'll just wait 'till the next Steam sale to grab it.

I just uninstalled Starbound.

I know, early access blah blah blah. The game takes too long to load, and it crashes more than a Bethesda game. I'll wait until the next patch.

I'm rethinking the "wait for bundle" mantra.  The games I waited for aren't here, and the games that are here, really aren't that exciting to me or I already have picked them up for dirt cheap.  And this BTA is absolutely awful.  Reus and Surgeon Simulator both have been racing to the bottom since launch.

Starbound, technically, is worth $10 right now, but i'm content to wait for that one to be $2.49 in gabenbux.

Well… you still have to wait 'cuz you never know what'll be in one.  But once something has been in one and you pass then you're free to buy!

I'm rethinking the "wait for bundle" mantra. The games I waited for aren't here, and the games that are here, really aren't that exciting to me or I already have picked them up for dirt cheap. And this BTA is absolutely awful. Reus and Surgeon Simulator both have been racing to the bottom since launch.

Starbound, technically, is worth $10 right now, but i'm content to wait for that one to be $2.49 in gabenbux.
I think that's the purpose of this bundle. They give us a subpar bundle so we'll buy more indie games.

I mean… I guess the games are good… just not to me.  I would have jumped all over stuff like Valdis, Guacamelee, and Dust but… this stuff… not so much.

Is there a way to subscribe to tebow's posts in such a way as to never see anything from the rest of you, unless quoted, ever again?  :pray:

I'm rethinking the "wait for bundle" mantra. The games I waited for aren't here, and the games that are here, really aren't that exciting to me or I already have picked them up for dirt cheap. And this BTA is absolutely awful. Reus and Surgeon Simulator both have been racing to the bottom since launch.

I buy what appeals to me at a price I'm willing to pay. If I've played it before it gets bundled, I'm not upset. I think the bigger takeaway is to only buy indie games you're going to play in the near-future... my $2.54 BTR2 purchase (for Amazon EC) didn't get a fair chance though...)

For games I want... I'd rather forego the waiting and suspense of when/if it'll be bundled.

I mean… I guess the games are good… just not to me. I would have jumped all over stuff like Valdis, Guacamelee, and Dust but… this stuff… not so much.
Yeah...with how much they hyped this, I expected something a bit more exciting. I mean, the HIB9 had Trine 2, Mark of the Ninja, Brutal Legend, FTL and Fez. MotN, FTL and Fez were all far better than either of the BTA games in this bundle, and depending on your tastes, better than any of the games period in this bundle. I was really expecting something better, like Dust, to make it in. This was really disappointing.

I buy what appeals to me at a price I'm willing to pay. If I've played it before it gets bundled, I'm not upset. I think the bigger takeaway is to only buy indie games you're going to play in the near-future... my $2.54 BTR2 purchase (for Amazon EC) didn't get a fair chance though...)

For games I want... I'd rather forego the waiting and suspense of when/if it'll be bundled.
My new rules are:

1) to not buy anymore indie games until my indie backlog is pretty well cleared. It shouldn't be that hard to do if I commit myself, since most of them are fairly short.

2) Get at least 75% off, obviously

3) Not buy an indie game unless I plan on playing it fairly soon

Unless something hits a pretty insane price (like 2.50 brothers @ amazon today) there's really no need to buy indie games that are on sale. They'll always hit their lowest price again, for the most part, and might get included in a bundle. So while I don't have a "no-buy" or "wait for a bundle" policy on indies, it is pretty damn close.

ive been wanting Reus something fierce for a while.  Almost pulled the triggger a ton of times at $3 or less, but It just reeked of bundled bait.  I was right on the bundle but im with mooby, unless this gets whole lot closer to 5, or the bonuses blow my socks off It looks like im waiting some more. 

Its not that the other games looks bad per se, just got so many more in backlog Id rather play.  Something like Reus would bump to the top of the list, i love a god game.

Joe Danger is the only non-terrible looking game from this bundle.

Except for Surgeon Simulator which is loads of fun but by any reasonable standard JD2 is the BTA and SS is the bundle fodder. I do not understand it.

Joe Danger is the only non-terrible looking game from this bundle.

Except for Surgeon Simulator which is loads of fun but by any reasonable standard JD2 is the BTA and SS is the bundle fodder. I do not understand it.
Really? The fact that Joe Danger is the only game in the lower tier I don't have is incredibly disappointing. Bit trip is supposed to be pretty good, same w/to the moon. Never played either, but i think they both look better than joe danger.

I just uninstalled Starbound.

I know, early access blah blah blah. The game takes too long to load, and it crashes more than a Bethesda game. I'll wait until the next patch.
You had me curious enough to download it and actually fire it up. I think a first for me to do both on the same day as purchase and guess what?

[customspoiler=Survey says...]It ran fine for me.[/customspoiler]

bread's done
Back