Humble Bundle Thread

I'm still using my old firesale Touchpad (with Android on it, natch). It's pretty clunky these days in both form and function but it meets my scant Android needs -- browser, webcomic viewer, email, etc. I habitually get games for it and most of them work fine but I'm not really a tablet gamer.

Every now and then I feel like it's time to upgrade, then I see the $300 price tag for a half-decent tablet ($250ish if I want to go refurb) and go back to my old workhorse. Plus, when I do upgrade, I'll really miss the Touchstone charger stand.
The 2013 Nexus 7 is pretty awesome and shows up semi-regularly ~$180 on SD now. (Had that, a 2012 N7, and a Nook Color). I'm a 7" tablet fan (single hand-hold, fits in jacket-pocket/purse... needs to go where my MacBook Air can't.), I think the 10" Android space is slim pickings (for value)... The Dell Venue 7/8 Android/Win8 stuff is pretty popular on SD (though I can't settle for that resolution since PDF-reading is my primary use).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, *that* was unexpected...

And LOL at Ace Patrol!

And no OSTs? At least for Civ 4 you can get them from the game folders.

Sweet, separate keys. Bought the $1 tier for now, I'll uhm and ahh for a while to see if I want the DLC for Civ V.

Plus, yet another deeply discounted game appears immediately in a bundle.

That's pretty nice.  In for a dollar since I have V base and haven't played it yet.  Where 'dem Pirates though?

In for a buck.

Not sure if $15 is worth it, considering Civ 5 Complete is supposed to be out soon and probably would hit the $7.49-$12.49 price point by next winter's sale season.  That being said, BNW is an extremely good expansion.  Those trade routes add lots of needed conflict into my games.

New Humble Store sales:

Paradox Interactive Mid-Week Mega Sale (Ends Friday, 10am Pacific Time)

Like hell I'm paying fifteen bucks for Brave New World.

Civ V is another one of those games that has a heck of a lot of DLC... $120 worth of DLC. That's crazy.

I'd be in for a dollar, but if Pirates is BTA...

In for $5, only because I couldn't get the slider to be exact. but I have none of these games, and have wanted them for a while.

In for $5, only because I couldn't get the slider to be exact. but I have none of these games, and have wanted them for a while.
Quoting for posterity!

This is what I meant on the new-slider discussion a couple weeks back... people aren't going to realize they can type in the amount and thus the slider encourages beating the average by more than typing-a-number would.

Quoting for posterity!

This is what I mean on the new-slider discussion a couple weeks back... people aren't going to realize they can type in the amount and thus the slider encourages beating the average by more than typing-a-number would.
Yup. I don't see the average dropping because of the slider and because of the $15 tier. Hopefully more people figure out that they can still type in a number.

They did not mention them during the audio bundle.

You can type the value into the slider.
Thanks. It's funny, I purchased it on my work computer, which uses Internet explorer, and it has a slider -- and it's not easy to see you can just type in the green box. But on Firefox, there's the bubble system or "type your own amount."

Have most of this and Brave New World has been $7.50.   However, a digital copy of Civ IV would be nice, still have a boxed copy from many years ago, and it being the complete edition would be great.

Though I'd rather them just keep to indie titles, I like Sid Meier. But Civ 5 will have a complete edition hit $5 in the next 18 months and according to my backlog, I can wait. 

Sweet, separate keys. Bought the $1 tier for now, I'll uhm and ahh for a while to see if I want the DLC for Civ V.

Plus, yet another deeply discounted game appears immediately in a bundle.
Yep, I bought Ace Patrol from GMG for more than I'll spend on this bundle.

Okay, serious question now - to anyone who didn't own Civ V and activated it, what do you have in your Downloadable Content tab?

I have no need for Civ IV and own Civ III on physical media so pass on this bundle.

Pirates seems an obvious bonus contender although I never got it working right on Win 7 even in XP compatibility mode.  Most of it plays fine but the controls and timing are really wonky on the ballroom dancing bits so it's damn near impossible for me to woo the ladies.  I never really cared for that "feature" over the old version anyway and it's made worse when you're incapable of doing it due to the computer acting up.

bread's done
Back