Humble Bundle Thread

I paid $7.49 for the Double Fine Bundle on Steam back in July 2012, and I already owned Psychonauts on disc. :-({|=

No idea why I needed to confess this, but there it is.

I paid $7.49 for the Double Fine Bundle on Steam
photo-thumb-483842.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchase Canceled Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have received too many purchase requests from you in a short period of time, so we have canceled your order (you will not be charged).

too many = 0

U serious? First you said I'm not human because I'm unable to read those recaptchas :(
If you need help buying the pack, I'll gladly gift one to you if you send me the amount via PayPal.

Pay $6 or more for Brutal Legend??!!?

ARE THEY ON CRACK?!?!?
The licensing fees for all the in-game music must be enormous. So it's not crack. It's the RIAA.

So yeah, definitely skipping this. I already have everything. Twice, probably. :p

Purchase Canceled Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have received too many purchase requests from you in a short period of time, so we have canceled your order (you will not be charged).

too many = 0

U serious? First you said I'm not human because I'm unable to read those recaptchas :(
Presumably the failed captchas counted as "purchase requests".

I guess DF has found a new revenue for 2 weeks of screwing around annually and not working on their contracted games
The revenue is the money from the HB page. Last year they didn't break even and paid the difference out of pocket. It an R&D time, but making it open and entertaining I'm happy to toss them a few for the fun.

Personally, I enjoy the behind the scenes footage and the experience of voting and discussing what games they might make in the future. While the 'games' themselves, which are mere prototypes, might not be worth much, the video footage is what's worth it for me.
Exactly! Dear Leader looks and sounds great. I love Dr. Strangelove and Soviet style. Also, What Could Go Wrong, an adventure game with 70s slasher film style. Love that, not too many games with that look.

I'm not too set on my thrid vote yet. Breach looks pretty good. I like the external actions effect the inside of the space ship. I'd like it if it's more character focused than menu focused, but he mentions FTL and Kerbal. Undecided.

I'm actually surprised their other games - Toy Soldiers Iron Brigade and The Cave - aren't included. Maybe Sega and Microsoft said hell no.

So we're paying to vote for the prototypes we want made and if the ones we want don't win, then we're stuck with prototypes for games we don't want.   fuck that.

Tim Schafer is the Paul Heyman of the gaming industry: good, creative mind but no idea how to run a business.

The licensing fees for all the in-game music must be enormous. So it's not crack. It's the RIAA.

So yeah, definitely skipping this. I already have everything. Twice, probably. :p
Yeah, plus it's already been in a Humble Bundle at the $1 tier before.

Asking $6 for it now is pretty whack. Some might even say cray cray.

Eh, I guess for $1 it's worth it to add Costume Quest and Stacking to my Steam account even though I already have them on PSN. Still, pretty weird to see Brutal Legend as the sole reward for paying an extra $5.

Back in the day, I used to appreciate the hell out of this craptastic social enhancer wine...

<snip>
This was my shit back in da day​
image.jpg
12.18 a handle...tasted like fermented puke. I drank it straight, out of a coffee mug. Alcoholism ftw​

I'm actually surprised their other games - Toy Soldiers Iron Brigade and The Cave - aren't included. Maybe Sega and Microsoft said hell no.
... or they are keeping those for their next bundles...

3 months from now: Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest on the $1... BTA for The Cave

6 months from now: Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest on the $1... BTA for Iron Brigade

9 months from now: Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest on the $1... BTA for Brutal legend

and it goes on and on and on

Tempted to throw a buck at this just to get Stacking, since it is the only one I don't have.  Only problem is I played the demo and thought it was stupid as hell, and I know I will never touch it.  In fact I will probably hate having it stare at me from my library backlog. 

...I think I may have a problem.

Tempted to throw a buck at this just to get Stacking, since it is the only one I don't have. Only problem is I played the demo and thought it was stupid as hell, and I know I will never touch it. In fact I will probably hate having it stare at me from my library backlog.

you probably shouldn't get it then

you probably shouldn't get it then
Well, yeah that is the logical decision, but that has never really factored into the equation for me.

No, I will probably just hem and haw for 6 days and buy it at the last second, and still regret it. It sucks being so predictable.

Well, yeah that is the logical decision, but that has never really factored into the equation for me.

No, I will probably just hem and haw for 6 days and buy it at the last second, and still regret it. It sucks being so predictable.
don't worry, that's exactly what i'm going to do with the dollar tier of the civilization bundle.

don't worry, that's exactly what i'm going to do with the dollar tier of the civilization bundle.
I already caved on that one, just to have the ability to install games digitally that I will never play and already own the discs of (Civ III and IV).

Also, are all of those Civ games showing up twice in anyone else's library? I find it quite annoying. I already have enough unplayed games that I have bought on multiple systems in my library, I don't need duplicates making me feel even more guilty.

... or they are keeping those for their next bundles...

3 months from now: Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest on the $1... BTA for The Cave

6 months from now: Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest on the $1... BTA for Iron Brigade

9 months from now: Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest on the $1... BTA for Brutal legend

and it goes on and on and on
You forgot the $15 tier with Spacebase DF-9 or Broken Age.

Tempted to throw a buck at this just to get Stacking, since it is the only one I don't have. Only problem is I played the demo and thought it was stupid as hell, and I know I will never touch it. In fact I will probably hate having it stare at me from my library backlog.

But it's for Charity!

Bah! Repeats suck. Fantastic games for those that -somehow- don't already have these games. Psychonauts really needs a sequel.

Bah! Repeats suck. Fantastic games for those that -somehow- don't already have these games. Psychonauts really needs a sequel.
Just wait. It will. After an $80.000.000 kickstarter campaign. Will take 3 years in the making and after the first half they will smoke those funds. So, DF will make another strategic marketing campaign (?) to raise more funds. Then, some months after they launched the game, it will be in a humble bundle. BTA tier... A couple months later, $1 tier.

I'm kidding
Am I?

just give all the money to charity and then you'll feel better about that $1.

My kid had chicken and some vegetables for dinner. It was a tough decision, let my kid eat dinner or buy 3 bumble bundles. She looked so sad when I told her I was getting the games so I eventually gave in.

I'm probably in for $1 for the weekly since I don't have Costume Quest and Stacking. $6 for Brutal Legend is a hell no. Still haven't gotten over getting hit by the game killing bug on the PS3 version when I was at 99%...

My kid had chicken and some vegetables for dinner. It was a tough decision, let my kid eat dinner or buy 3 bumble bundles. She looked so sad when I told her I was getting the games so I eventually gave in.
I don't remember what my dad bought me for dinner 20 years ago. However, I DO remember the fun times kicking his ass playing Scorched Earth on our gateway2000 x386. Those cherished memories of his agony when I MIRV'ed his tank to oblivion will last me a lifetime. Don't deprive your child of those moments with her dad. Screw the food, go with the games.

There are plenty of programs for subsidized meals... there are none for subsidized games.

Bought 100 bundles at a penny each.  Hopefully it costs Humble more in transaction fees to process that, which they then pass on to Double Fine, which then goes out of business so they can't have anymore damn humble bundles.  Yeah, that'll teach 'em.

Bought 100 bundles at a penny each. Hopefully it costs Humble more in transaction fees to process that, which they then pass on to Double Fine, which then goes out of business so they can't have anymore damn humble bundles. Yeah, that'll teach 'em.
yeah...............................you sure showed em

Even without magic yellow font I can sense the sarcasm oozing from your post.  That makes me sad because it means this guy won:

xlarge.jpg

bread's done
Back