• Civ 5: Scrambled Nations Map Pack
  • Civ 5: Scrambled Continents Map Pack
  • Sid Meier's Pirates!

Last edited by a moderator:
New Humble Bundle BTA unlocks:

• Civ 5: Scrambled Nations Map Pack
  • Civ 5: Scrambled Continents Map Pack
  • Sid Meier's Pirates!
I guess an extra $5 might be worth that plus Gods and Kings and another copy of Civ V. I would have preferred it to be an extra $3 or so though =/

Edit: Curse you shrinerr =P

Not sure if anyone is interested but..

If you pay me $4.30 I can send you all of the Steam key gift links for both the minimum and BTA tiers (this doesn't include Brave New World). You'd be missing the soundtracks, but you'd get all of the Steam keys. I bought in at 1 cent during the first week to lock in the average in case the bonuses were any good.

PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: Gone to MinDRioT

Not sure if anyone is interested but..

If you pay me $4.30 I can send you all of the Steam key gift links for both the minimum and BTA tiers (this doesn't include Brave New World). You'd be missing the soundtracks, but you'd get all of the Steam keys. I bought in at 1 cent during the first week to lock in the average in case the bonuses were any good.

PM me if you're interested.
DONE!

The only thing besides Civ III and Railroads that I need is Brave New World but I will say that for $15 this bundle seems like an insane deal if you don't own any of it.  Without a gold upgrade the DLC could get expensive though.

I own none of this but I'm not sure that I'm interested in it either.  I suppose I might as well kick in the $1 tier...

Would anyone be interested in buying my Gods & Kings expansion for $2? I just want the two smaller expansions.

I don't often buy these bundles so excuse the noob question, but they stopped giving the later unlocked games to early purchasers right? You have to beat the average even if you buy the bundle as soon as it's available?

I don't often buy these bundles so excuse the noob question, but they stopped giving the later unlocked games to early purchasers right? You have to beat the average even if you buy the bundle as soon as it's available?
If you beat the average when you bought it, you get the later games no matter what.

Yes. Although you can 'lock in' the current average at your time of purchase. So let's say it starts at a reasonable average price but you're still not sure you want it you can just put in a $1 which will give you the option to beat that average later on and not the higher average it escalates to later.

Is this the highest a bundle BTA has been?

I don't even remember the WB or EA bundles being this expensive
Yeah, as far as I can remember. It's because they stuck in that 3rd tier.

They tried bumping it a bit with that limited 9.99 Starbound gimmick previously and it worked... for a short while. Then the average plummeted because they ran out of Starbound in seconds. So now they've figured out that a single higher-value game in a third tier raises the average across the board. We should get used to seeing it happen.

Buy in early or skip. Doing what Mooby says kind of hedges your bet, and that's probably the way to go. I'm sure they'll find a way to curb that as well.

Edit: Waggle'd
kitty-tongue-waggle-o.gif

>.> This question has been asked a few times lately... I wonder if it's the same guy...

Only Indie Gala does Happy Hour (on bundles that last more than a week).

They tried bumping it a bit with that limited 9.99 Starbound gimmick previously and it worked... for a short while. Then the average plummeted because they ran out of Starbound in seconds. So now they've figured out that a single higher-value game in a third tier raises the average across the board. We should get used to seeing it happen.

Buy in early or skip. Doing what Mooby says kind of hedges your bet, and that's probably the way to go. I'm sure they'll find a way to curb that as well.
They've tried a third tier before they had that bundle with Starbound, but they didn't have much of an effect on the average like in this bundle. The Deep Silver Bundle had a $25 tier for Saints Row: The Third Complete & Dead Island: Riptide. That one didn't work as well since a lot of people already had SR3 and most people didn't want to pay that much for Riptide. There was also the Double Fine bundle that had a $35 tier to preorder Broken Age and a $70 tier that included a t-shirt.

If they continue with a third tier in every bundle from now on, it's definitely better to get in as early as possible, unless the third tier is something that not a lot of people will want.

They could implement something that prevents people from keeping tabs open and purchasing at a lower average price than the current price, but I don't want to give them any ideas, so I won't post it, but juanjava already mentioned the site I was thinking of that does it. Other sites probably do it too... not sure.

EDIT: How does ashes reply to someone's post at a time before they posted?! :shock:

They've tried a third tier before they had that bundle with Starbound, but they didn't have much of an effect on the average like in this bundle.
It did rapidly hike the average up by a couple of dollars (and it never fully recovered from that), but definitely nothing like what BNW has done to this one.

EDIT: How does ashes reply to someone's post at a time before they posted?! :shock:
CAG post timestamps are broken.

Pfft, I still have it from retail backlog ($5 from Circuit City iirc).
I also have Sid Meier's Pirates (2004) from Retail - I got that from WalMart's, back when they actually carried a decent amount of PC games; and when that game began popping up at like $10 places.

Anyways - yeah, fun game. :D

It can kinda get repetitive after a while, though. After around 10 hours, I had enough.

Since that was repetitious factor was one of my concerns of the game - are there any mods out there to add more content + stuff to the game?

I remember Pirates! being very 10-key dependent.  Maybe there was a better way around that, but I ended up having to use the function key to map it to the keyboard... kind of diagonally.  I could get by on easy for the different button pressing events, but that was about it.

u know who pushed it down i went one cent to f them for thaat shit lol

I said that I will kick in a few more dollars if they added the Baba Yetu soundtrack, so true to my word I added $8 to my total even though I didn't really have to do it to get the soundtrack. It's all for charity though.

What is weird is that I don't see the Civ V DLC in my steam library. Does it not show up as an item by itself?

I said that I will kick in a few more dollars if they added the Baba Yetu soundtrack, so true to my word I added $8 to my total even though I didn't really have to do it to get the soundtrack. It's all for charity though.

What is weird is that I don't see the Civ V DLC in my steam library. Does it not show up as an item by itself?
Doesn't it show up under Downloadable Content in Civ V? (Right click on the name in the client, click on DLC.)

Doesn't it show up under Downloadable Content in Civ V? (Right click on the name in the client, click on DLC.)
I didn't know that is how you check since the DLC for Civ 4 showed up as individual items on the main list. They do show up. Thanks for your help.

New Humble Sid Meier Bundle BTA unlocks:
Wow, a crazy deal just got more crazy... Too bad I own so much of it that anything other than a buck is a bad deal. (My BTA is way too high at 9.47 or whatever it is.)

Anyone who ends up with Pirates who doesn't need/nor want it hit me up... I would be interested in trying to work something out. :)

I didn't know that is how you check since the DLC for Civ 4 showed up as individual items on the main list. They do show up. Thanks for your help.
Technically the Civ IV "DLCs" aren't DLCs. They're separate expansions that don't integrate into the base game like in Civ V so you can just choose what to play.

Technically the Civ IV "DLCs" aren't DLCs. They're separate expansions that don't integrate into the base game like in Civ V so you can just choose what to play.
Really? I thought that was only true of Colonization. My understanding was that Warlords and Beyond the Sword were integrated into the main game.

Really? I thought that was only true of Colonization. My understanding was that Warlords and Beyond the Sword were integrated into the main game.
I might be mistaken then. I saw a bunch of screenshots of people who went "Steam added these games twice!!!1111" and the Civ IV expansions were listed separately from the base game.

I might be mistaken then. I saw a bunch of screenshots of people who went "Steam added these games twice!!!1111" and the Civ IV expansions were listed separately from the base game.
Yes, they are listed twice and separately from the main game. I have the retail copies of Civ 4 and it's two expansions and you launch the expansions from outside of the game through shortcuts (ie. you cannot play a game that uses both Warlords & Beyond the sword units....as far as I know at least). It must be the way the game was programmed. When Civ 4 came out DLC was not what it is today, so maybe they didn't have the necessary "hooks" built within the main game to attach the dlc to it.

Yes, they are listed twice and separately from the main game. I have the retail copies of Civ 4 and it's two expansions and you launch the expansions from outside of the game through shortcuts (ie. you cannot play a game that uses both Warlords & Beyond the sword units....as far as I know at least). It must be the way the game was programmed. When Civ 4 came out DLC was not what it is today, so maybe they didn't have the necessary "hooks" built within the main game to attach the dlc to it.
Basically this. You can launch Civ 4 base or either of the Civ 4 expansions or Colonization. In general, you won't want to launch the base game. Beyond the Sword is basically the complete game that you'd want to play. Warlords you might want to use for a few scenarios or mods.

Basically this. You can launch Civ 4 base or either of the Civ 4 expansions or Colonization. In general, you won't want to launch the base game. Beyond the Sword is basically the complete game that you'd want to play. Warlords you might want to use for a few scenarios or mods.
So you can't play Warlords and BTS together? What kind of crazy-ass setup is that?

bread's done
Back