Humble Bundle Thread

Ugh, I have all of those except Gone Home.  And Papers Please, which I really want, so I'm hoping I don't have to fork over $6+ for that and 7 games I've bought from them before.

New Humble Weekly Sale - Presented by TSG:

• Thomas Was Alone
  • Puzzle Bots
  • Dustforce
  • VVVVVV
  • Cave Story+
Pay $6 or more for:

• Reus
  • LIMBO
  • Cthulu Saves the World
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe
  • Lone Survivor
  • Element4I
Pay $10 or more for:

• Teslagrad

New Humble Store sales:

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all jinxed it.

8cpzc.jpg

Would love Cthulhu but not worth $6 to get it. Already own everything else of interest in the bundle. Too bad, it looks like a really good bundle if you didn't own any of it yet.

• Thomas Was Alone
  • Puzzle Bots
  • Dustforce
  • VVVVVV
  • Cave Story+
Pay $6 or more for:

• Reus
  • LIMBO
  • Cthulu Saves the World
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe
  • Lone Survivor
  • Element4I
Pay $10 or more for:

• Teslagrad

New Humble Store sales:

That's not bad at all. It's a bit of a mashup from previous HIBs though. I doubt Cthulhu and Element4l are worth the extra $5. Though I guess I wouldn't be opposed to having doubles of some of those good games..

Also, please tell me there are individual keys.

Would love Cthulhu but not worth $6 to get it. Already own everything else of interest in the bundle. Too bad, it looks like a really good bundle if you didn't own any of it yet.

Already got most of the games, but it at the same time a really good bundle, especially the dollar tier.
Yeah. completely agree, definitely the best bundle in a while by far.

Any opinions on Mutant Mudds?
I like it. I've been playing it on 3DS recently. I'm not exactly sure what the Deluxe version adds but the 3DS version is supposed to get a free upgrade to it soon.

It's a "retro style" platformer, with the main gimmick being the jetpack that allows you to hover for a certain amount of time, adding some more depth to the platforming. It's also a collect-a-thon.

It's not worth $5 though, and it was bundled before in a Blink Bundle.

That's not bad at all. It's a bit of a mashup from previous HIBs though. I doubt Cthulhu and Element4l are worth the extra $5. Though I guess I wouldn't be opposed to having doubles of some of those good games..
:newbie: Go check ITAD to see the usual Cthulhu sale price.

I thought it was a pretty generic platformer, but I didn't get very far into it. I think it was more designed for the 3DS, doesn't work so well on PC.

But then again, I also didn't like Dustforce at all, and people seem to praise that.
I haven't played it on Steam yet, but it definitely seems like it's more suited for a handheld/on-the-go play.

:newbie: Go check ITAD to see the usual Cthulhu sale price.
Yeah, I figured it's been low. Does the Humble key include Breath of Death? I would assume it would, but this is Humble..

Is the $6 tier worth it if I already own Limbo, Reus, Cave Story+, and Thomas Was Alone?
Well, that makes each game worth ~$1.25 to you. Cthulhu is on sale for $1 all the time as ashes pointed out, I think Mutant Mudds is worth $1.25, just bought Lone Survivor from a HiBV, so I can't comment on that, and I don't own Elemen4l so I can't comment on that either.

This is a great bundle! 

If you just bought your first PC today.

Thomas Was Alone is my favorite game from this bundle and it's in the $1 tier (in case anyone was considering)

Is the $6 tier worth it if I already own Limbo, Reus, Cave Story+, and Thomas Was Alone?
Well, you're basically buying it for Lone Survivor at that point and I doubt this is the last time we'll see it in a bundle.

EDIT: I just noticed something weird. My spreadsheet says I redeemed an HIB V key a long time ago but Lone Survivor isn't in my Steam list.

Well, that makes each game worth ~$1.25 to you. Cthulhu is on sale for $1 all the time as ashes pointed out, I think Mutant Mudds is worth $1.25, just bought Lone Survivor from a HiBV, so I can't comment on that, and I don't own Elemen4l so I can't comment on that either.
If sum of wanted stuff in bundle is on par with their steam sale prices, the bundle is not worth buying unless you *really* wanted that stuff at those prices (in which case why wait for a bundle?).

• Thomas Was Alone
  • Puzzle Bots
  • Dustforce
  • VVVVVV
  • Cave Story+
Pay $6 or more for:

• Reus
  • LIMBO
  • Cthulu Saves the World
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe
  • Lone Survivor
  • Element4I
Pay $10 or more for:

• Teslagrad

New Humble Store sales:

Really strong bundle. Nothing for me, though, as I have everything in the lower tier and most of the $6 tier.

Anyone that skipped Dustforce as the BTA of HiB 6 can finally fill in, though.

[quote name="FFWRX" post="11712103" timestamp="1398363946"]I have an extra copy if you haven't been gifted it yet.[/quote]

That's very kind. I have not been gifted it yet, but I always feel guilty accepting hand outs. I can afford to buy it, I'm just being cheap. If you want to give it to another CAG that maybe can't afford it that would be cool too. Either way the offer is greatly appreciated.

That's very kind. I have not been gifted it yet, but I always feel guilty accepting hand outs. I can afford to buy it, I'm just being cheap. If you want to give it to another CAG that maybe can't afford it that would be cool too. Either way the offer is greatly appreciated.
you feel guilty accepting hand outs

What are you new

I think someone needs a lesson in spodering.

Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll point out which Humbles these games have been in:

Thomas Was Alone (HiB8 Base Tier, PewdiePie Weekly 1 Base Tier)

VVVVVV (HiB3 Base Tier, HiB4 BTA/Early Buyer Tier, The Bundle Of Love For Brandon)

Puzzle Bots (None)

Dustforce (HiB6 BTA/Early Buyer Tier)

Cave Story+ (HiB4 BTA/Early Buyer Tier, HiB6 BTA/Early Buyer Tier)

Reus (HiB X BTA Tier)

LIMBO (HiB 5 Base Tier, HiB 9 BTA Tier)

Cthulhu Saves the World (None)

Mutant Mudds Deluxe (None)

Lone Survivor (HiB 5 BTA/Early Buyer Tier)

Element4l (None)

Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll point out which Humbles these games have been in:

Thomas Was Alone (HiB8 Base Tier, PewdiePie Weekly 1 Base Tier)

VVVVVV (HiB3 Base Tier, HiB4 BTA/Early Buyer Tier, The Bundle Of Love For Brandon)

Puzzle Bots (None)

Dustforce (HiB6 BTA/Early Buyer Tier)

Cave Story+ (HiB4 BTA/Early Buyer Tier, HiB6 BTA/Early Buyer Tier)

Reus (HiB X BTA Tier)

LIMBO (HiB 5 Base Tier, HiB 9 BTA Tier)

Cthulhu Saves the World (None)

Mutant Mudds Deluxe (None)

Lone Survivor (HiB 5 BTA/Early Buyer Tier)

Element4l (None)
I'd point on the None are mostly -- bundled a few times outside of humble.

I sent you the link. You can do what you want with it.

Any opinions on Mutant Mudds?
I played a bit but lost interest. Decent enough platforming and a different sort of retro look that kinda reminded me of Commander Keen's.

Well, you're basically buying it for Lone Survivor at that point and I doubt this is the last time we'll see it in a bundle.

EDIT: I just noticed something weird. My spreadsheet says I redeemed an HIB V key a long time ago but Lone Survivor isn't in my Steam list.
It was one of the bonus games added in the second week. You probably redeemed the base purchase and never got around to redeeming the bonus.

I was going to offer one myself but somehow I never grabbed these in a bundle and don't have any extras. It just feels like I've bought this a few times for some reason.

It was one of the bonus games added in the second week. You probably redeemed the base purchase and never got around to redeeming the bonus.
I believe its bonus tier was along with two other games that had been previously bundled, if memory serves. That's why I didn't redeem my key for the longest time.

I believe its bonus tier was along with two other games that had been previously bundled, if memory serves. That's why I didn't redeem my key for the longest time.
I redeemed that key right away, as well as the rest of that bundle, mostly because it was the first bundle I ever bought.

I refuse to be baited into looking something like this up again. <ignore>

I'm not sure what's going on with this. I checked my Humble page and it shows the key as "viewed" so I either thought I redeemed it but really didn't or I sold it to someone and put the wrong info in my spreadsheet. I'll try to remember to check it tonight at home.

Buying $1 tier for Dustforce at least.
FWIW that game never goes on anything close to a halfway decent sale. Sometimes it doesn't go on sale at all even during the big Steam sales. The only other time it was in a bundle I passed on it because I had everything else in the higher tier and thought like mostly every other indie game it would go for $1-$2 or so on sale by itself at some point, but it never did.

bread's done
Back