Humble Bundle Thread

I'll say this much, if you don't have any of the games, then the $6 tier is a pretty good deal.  I'm only missing Dustforce I think so I'll just wait to see if Tremorgames gets it in stock.  

ygritte02.gif
I'm thinking they probably did a pretty decent job of casting that role because that actress seems like the right combination of unattractive and strangely appealing. I haven't actually bothered watching the show since the end of the first season--too confusing as it started changing stuff from the books.
I'm thinking they should've just cast Lindsay Lohan instead. ;)

EDIT:

Truth hurts, don't it?
Wasn't she a singer on Aftermath Records at one time?

Last edited by a moderator:
High quality bundle, except it's repeats and repeats and repeats... in for a buck for dustforce though
Yup. Totally reminds me of the last few Steam Sales (summer, winter, etc).

This would be a really great deal if you are new to Steam, etc. But for the rest of us....been there, done that. And you can only see the same games included for so long before you just say "meh." (*cough* Limbo in a bundle...yet again *cough*)

Any opinions on Mutant Mudds?
I like it a lot. It's a pretty basic platformer mechanically, but the level designs are great and the art style does a fantastic job of emulating the 16-bit era (way better than so many so called "retro" games). Fair warning the difficulty is on the high side, and it definitely works better on the 3DS because of the multiplane levels, but otherwise I would easily recommend it to someone interested in a traditional platformer (and I mean that in a good way).

This would be a really great deal if you are new to Steam, etc.
Oh, to be a PC newbie again...everything was amazing. Steam sales were periods of "oh god what do I NOT buy" as opposed to "i still haven't bought a single thing and the sale is a week old." I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I were to randomly stumble across a bundle like this.

Questions for anyone in thread.: Did you any of you pick up SpeedRunners from the Pewdiepie Weekly the other day? If so, how is it? Worth $2.50? Or is it destined to be in another bundle?

Fair warning the difficulty is on the high side, and it definitely works better on the 3DS because of the multiplane levels, but otherwise I would easily recommend it to someone interested in a traditional platformer (and I mean that in a good way).
To be honest, I haven't really played it with the 3D on and I haven't had any problems.

Let me clarify before those of you who don't have it think it's like Super Meat Boy-hard.

The game is relatively easy outside of the bonus levels. However, there are a ton of bonus levels (40 of them for the 3DS version compared to 20 main levels). Even with the bonus levels though, they're much easier once you unlock all 3 upgrades (though you can only use one at a time), especially the Extended Jetpack.

I am only speaking for the non-Deluxe levels though. Deluxe adds 20 more bonus levels on top of that.

The thing about the game is that it doesn't require fast reflexes, or anything ridiculous like that. And due to the hover mechanic with the jetpack, the platforming is VERY forgiving about mistakes with jumps, especially when you have the extended jetpack in-use (longer hover times).

The challenge in the game solely lies on timing. That's it. It's a game that requires a certain level of patience, but as long as you pattern your jumps correctly, you're golden. It's not fast-paced either, so the timing is even easier to manage. Just don't rush it, the time limit in each level is there and will kill you if you run it out, but it's pretty generous.

What makes it even easier is that you have unlimited lives. All dying does is send you back to the beginning of the current level, making you have to recollect however many of the 100 pieces you picked up before dying. What's even better is you keep what you finish the level with, so if you collect 50 of the 100 pieces in the level and finish it, those pieces STAY collected. They'll be gone the next time you run through, meaning you only have the other 50 to worry about from then on. It's pretty nice and eliminates some of the headache collectathons cause.

Reus is the only game I don't own :whistle2:(... It's always looked pretty cool but it looks like I'm waiting for the next steam sale.

Unless someone has an extra... ;-)

Questions for anyone in thread.: Did you any of you pick up SpeedRunners from the Pewdiepie Weekly the other day? If so, how is it? Worth $2.50? Or is it destined to be in another bundle?
Went in on a Speedrunners group buy a few months ago. Very dull co-op platformer. Run laps on a course against AI/people. If you get too far behind and go off-screen, you die. The longer the race goes, the smaller the screen gets. Basically, the first time you fuck up a jump, you lose. Might be fun if you play with friends over skype and yell at each other, but for me it was mostly something to idle for cards.

Worth $1.

Went in on a Speedrunners group buy a few months ago. Very dull co-op platformer. Run laps on a course against AI/people. If you get too far behind and go off-screen, you die. The longer the race goes, the smaller the screen gets. Basically, the first time you fuck up a jump, you lose. Might be fun if you play with friends over skype and yell at each other, but for me it was mostly something to idle for cards.

Worth $1.
I could definitely see that being the case based on what gameplay I've seen, thank you for commenting. Anyone else have anything to chime in about it? I wanna surprise a friend with G-Mod and I was debating between buying the 2nd tier of Pewdiepie's Crapfest, or just buying it from someone on SteamTrades for $2.50.

Also, apparently the Speedrunner dev is going to make the game F2P once it's out of Early Access. The catch is only the local MP will be F2P. The online MP will be what you end up paying for.

Some of the dialog in those movies is classic...

"Try THIS on for size Sinderella"

"Yes, you WILL go to my balls"

and who can forget...

"who's been sleeping in MY bed ... and is actually still there ... naked"

"who's been eating MY .... "
or

How many bears does it take to screw in a ..........................

If it wasn't for PewdiePie Surgeon Simulator would have never gotten out of shovelware status.

Consider this my final contribution to the snake oil salesman that is the HumbleScamBundle. If you're not going to make the effort to put in decent bundles, then I won't make the effort to pay you con artists a single dime
oh fuck, welcome to Cag PewdiePie.

Well, you're basically buying it for Lone Survivor at that point and I doubt this is the last time we'll see it in a bundle.

EDIT: I just noticed something weird. My spreadsheet says I redeemed an HIB V key a long time ago but Lone Survivor isn't in my Steam list.
I don't think Mutant Mudds is my thing. Not a big retro platforming guy. So yes, the $6 tier would be for Lone Survivor. The only games I really want here are Dustforce and Lone Survivor. Would I pay $3 each for them? No. But I WOULD pay $1 for Dustforce. So I will wait on Lone Survivor. I may try out Mutant Mudds if it ever goes for $1, just because of all the buzz I've heard.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Did anyone ever confirm if there are separate keys? If so, maybe someone wants to split a bundle.  Turns out I actually don't have Puzzle Bots, Reus, Mutant Mudds, and Elemental...more than I thought.

I could definitely see that being the case based on what gameplay I've seen, thank you for commenting. Anyone else have anything to chime in about it?
I didn't find it dull at all and had a lot of fun playing it with a group of friends. Not sure why people are being so negative about it, but I also can't imagine why anyone would want to play it solo vs bots. With friends it can be very entertaining at least for a couple of nights , especially if you use the wheel that adds a random effect for the matches( like missiles constantly raining down.).

I didn't find it dull at all and had a lot of fun playing it with a group of friends. Not sure why people are being so negative about it, but I also can't imagine why anyone would want to play it solo vs bots. With friends it can be very entertaining at least for a couple of nights , especially if you use the wheel that adds a random effect for the matches( like missiles constantly raining down.).
Of course you post this a few hours after I bought a GMod key from someone already, haha. But I wouldn't have any friends to play this with anyways, so it's probably for the best. I wish each key came with a gift copy, that would help.

Edit: I lied, Waggles & Fatality have it. Should have checked my friends list. Oh well, maybe I'll get it for $2.50 when the 4-pack goes on sale again.

If we are jinxing it... how long has it been since the last comedy bundle?
That one did poorly enough that I doubt we'll see another.

That said, it is probably a bit soon for a main numbered bundle, and we've just had two mobile bundles, an ebook bundle, and a PC+Android bundle. If there isn't a publisher-specific bundle or a second Jumbo bundle on tap, I'm not sure what they could do.

bread's done
Back