Humble Bundle Thread

More accurately, experimenting to see what they could do when they don't have a regular sort of bundle lined up. That obviously included trying "bundles" that amounted to a regular sale price on a single item or maybe a publisher bundle.

I get the desire to hate on Humble for this--it is their site, after all. That said, without developers and publishers willing to participate, Humble has nothing to run. I'm going to guess that it's a lot easier to sell a publisher on running a semi-glorified sale over a package of their games for ~$5.50.
I think it's completely fair to hate on Humble in this case. They are giving publishers an out to say "hey, we were in a humble bundle" instead of putting their foot down about requirements to be in a true bundle. Now they can just do a half assed "sale" in bundle form and say they've played nice, been in a bundle, etc.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - RPG Maker:

• RPG Maker VX Ace
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle #1
  • Skyborn
  • Sweet Lily Dreams
  • RPG Maker - Free Games Bundle #1
Pay $6 or more for:

• RPG Maker XP
  • RPG Maker Exclusive Resource Pack
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle #2
  • To the Moon
  • Deadly Sin 2
  • RPG Maker - Free Games Bundle #2
Pay $12 or more for:

• Game Character Hub
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle #3
  • Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm
New Humble Store sales:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually a really good bundle, beating even the traders price on RPG Maker.  That said, I haven't come across an RPG Maker game I actually like (Still need to give To The Moon a try) so I don't know if I'm going to get this.  These aren't my type of games so I don't think I'd find much joy in trying to make one.  

This is actually a really good bundle, beating even the traders price on RPG Maker. That said, I haven't come across an RPG Maker game I actually like (Still need to give To The Moon a try) so I don't know if I'm going to get this. These aren't my type of games so I don't think I'd find much joy in trying to make one.
To the Moon is worth the 4hrs it takes to complete. It was for me, anyway.

AND...it has zombies. (I think they are zombies)

New Humble Weekly Bundle - RPG Maker:

• RPG Maker VX Ace
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle #1
  • Skyborn
  • Sweet Lily Dreams
  • RPG Maker - Free Games Bundle #1
Pay $6 or more for:

• RPG Maker XP
  • RPG Maker Exclusive Resource Pack
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle #2
  • To the Moon
  • Deadly Sin 2
  • RPG Maker - Free Games Bundle #2
Pay $10 or more for:

• Game Character Hub
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle #3
  • Legionwood 2: Rise of Eternal's Realm
Decent bundle but it is silly to have RPG Maker VX Ace for 75% off on Steam at the same time, considering that Humble is a well-known name now. Sweet Lily Dreams is a new title that was just released 2 weeks ago.

I was just in the process of checking what the Russians were reselling RPG Maker for.

One dollar works for me. Thanks humble.

Whoa, this is huge! Considering that the biggest cut RPG Maker VX Ace got was, what? About the same as current weekend's deal? I'd say give it a spin for $1, as it is really easy to manage :)

Shame about the DLC packs though, as they are not a selection of the ACTUAL expensive DLCs listed on Steam but a collection of community created ones, the same that you can download individually (and free) through Steam Workshop... a really shady move which tries to increase artificially the bundle's perceived value.

Still, they've earned my buck, this time.

I may buy everything for this bundle. I've been wanting to try and make a game with RPG Maker, and just never took the plunge.

I want to make a superhero or office based RPG. I wonder how hard it is to use custom graphics?

Shame about the DLC packs though, as they are not a selection of the ACTUAL expensive DLCs listed on Steam but a collection of community created ones...
While there are some samples of other packs, most of the DLC in Bundles 1, 2, and 3 are available on the Steam store. (Each of these is also a separate Steam key in the weekly bundle)

RPG Maker DLC Bundle #1

RPG Maker DLC Bundle #2

RPG Maker DLC Bundle #3

I broke down and got everything. Been wanting to get this for a while.

A couple people on the Steam forums are SUPER pissed they bought it as soon as it went on sale on Steam :(

I may buy everything for this bundle. I've been wanting to try and make a game with RPG Maker, and just never took the plunge.

I want to make a superhero or office based RPG. I wonder how hard it is to use custom graphics?
I'm tempted as well, but I think I like the idea of this bundle more than I actually like the bundle. I have several of the games already from other bundles, bit I completely forgot about them.

If I don't have time to play the games I already have, when will I find the time to sit down, learn the software, write, and program one myself?

Now to dig out a 640x480 monitor...

If I don't have time to play the games I already have, when will I find the time to sit down, learn the software, write, and program one myself?
You may not find much support for that reasonable logic here. I imagine the played/owned percentage of most pc gaming cags is firmly situated in the single digits.

If people like this bundle, s00pah!  Personally I've never seen the appeal of RPG Maker.  90% of the people who buy it never end up doing much with it.

I think it's completely fair to hate on Humble in this case. They are giving publishers an out to say "hey, we were in a humble bundle" instead of putting their foot down about requirements to be in a true bundle. Now they can just do a half assed "sale" in bundle form and say they've played nice, been in a bundle, etc.
Like I said, it's their site. They certainly could refuse to run those sorts of bundles. It's fair to hate on them.

If people like this bundle, s00pah! Personally I've never seen the appeal of RPG Maker. 90% of the people who buy it never end up doing much with it.
Oh come on, secretly you're wishing you get a major role in my soopah game.

Like I said, it's their site. They certainly could refuse to run those sorts of bundles. It's fair to hate on them.
You're going to be in the game too, but at the very end, like after the credits. You know, Gilbying it!

I've promised a lot of things, but yes, that was one of them. I might bite and see if I can cobble something together. Have to go all in for the Zombie Survival DLC though!
Your game better be on Steam.
And it better have cards, each with a picture representing CAG. One could be a screencap of a Saints Row IV review, or a tombstone with the name "Tony" (or Humble) written on it. Another could have a toaster with a beer bottle next to it. Oh, and one card should be completely blank, except for its title, "Spoder'd".

In for the $1 tier on the off chance I ever feel like making a RPG Maker game... Also picked up the Game Factory bundle over at Bundlestars for the same reason... Maybe one day I'll be creative and make a crappy game :p

I am a sucker for buying this earlier, but at least it was for less than $10.

Pretty cool.  I started my adventures in game dev with RPG Maker nearly 14 years ago.  Probably won't use it (I'd rather write my own game engine), but I picked it up anyway to check out.

If people like this bundle, s00pah! Personally I've never seen the appeal of RPG Maker. 90% of the people who buy it never end up doing much with it.
because whether or not we're going to actually use a product has always been of the utmost importance to CAGs

I picked it up mostly to play around with. Maybe it will get me back into learning coding, especially since Ruby has strong similarities to Python.

I've spent he evening watching tutorials on this. It's a bit overwhelming. I'm going to try to make very simple stuff first, or else I'll just get frustrated and quit.

Might buy the modern tile set DLC on Steam. It's under $2. Wonder if the modern music pack is worth $6?

I've spent he evening watching tutorials on this. It's a bit overwhelming. I'm going to try to make very simple stuff first, or else I'll just get frustrated and quit.

Might buy the modern tile set DLC on Steam. It's under $2. Wonder if the modern music pack is worth $6?
There are some good tutorials out there; I like this one (set of pdf's) and I recommend the Tutorial Town series for videos (but those are long). Stick to the basics and don't worry about scripting until you're comfortable with everything else first.

You can preview several music packs at the RPG Maker site here.

RPGMAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will likely get the 1 dollar bundle...I do want Deadly Sin 2 but I'm sure I can get it either in a future Steam sale or in a future bundle....

I'm sort of surprised so many people are excited about RPG maker and a bunch of free add-ons. I actively avoid RPG maker games because most of the ones I've tried have been awful to mediocre. 

I'm also now a little dismayed since thousands more people own RPG maker, we will see scads more "My First RPGs" for sale. 

I'm sort of surprised so many people are excited about RPG maker and a bunch of free add-ons. I actively avoid RPG maker games because most of the ones I've tried have been awful to mediocre.

I'm also now a little dismayed since thousands more people own RPG maker, we will see scads more "My First RPGs" for sale.
My first RPG Maker game will be a boring visual novel called: "Hal is a wet blanket....ZOMBIE!!!"

I'm kind of tempted to make a CAG themed game with RPG Maker. The ideas that are swirling through my head are probably too ambitious, though I'd imagine at least 30 or so CAGs would enjoy playing it. :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back