Humble Bundle Thread

Right so Humble gets a free pass at changing their terms after the bundle started and sweeping it under the rug because they're throwing cheap AAA games at us when an indie developer would (and has) get crucified for doing the same thing changing their commitments after a bundle started and attempting to sweep it under the rug.

Got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right so Humble gets a free pass at changing their terms after the bundle started and sweeping it under the rug because they're throwing cheap AAA games at us when an indie developer would (and has) get crucified for doing the same thing changing their commitments after a bundle started and attempting to sweep it under the rug.

Got it.
its one thing for humble not give out a free gog game because the site providing them ran out of keys , and it's another for a developer to sign up for a bundle before their game was greenlit and say "everybody gets free steam keys for my game once it's on there which seriously isn't any good and that's why i have to bundle it before it's even released" and then say forget it afterward. Should humble have mentioned it officially? Yeah. But it doesn't really bug me all that much either.

It's kind of comparing apples to oranges, since, as previously mentioned, humble doesn't control the keys in this situation, as opposed to indie devs who pull this shit obviously have complete control over it.

Foxhack it's the god damned internet people are prone to exaggeration and drama to make a point. It's not like Blade is going to walk into Humble's offices, hand everyone pink slips and shut out the lights.

Take a chill pill.
we should start a kickstarter to make this a reality

Foxhack it's the god damned internet people are prone to exaggeration and drama to make a point. It's not like Blade is going to walk into Humble's offices, hand everyone pink slips and shut out the lights.

Take a chill pill.
bomb-vest-01.jpg
bomb-vest-02.jpg

How can anyone be mad at Humble right now with the 2K bundle live?

At least wait until the next crappy bundle before venting your e-rage.
Easy. I already owned all of it. All of it.

How would you feel if they removed one game from it, and edited all their pages to pretend that game was never in the bundle?

I'm not trying to pick sides here or defend anybody because false advertising arguments make my brain hurt, but were there people who seriously bought the $6 tier for a +1 to their GOG libraries?

I'm not trying to pick sides here or defend anybody because false advertising arguments make my brain hurt, but were there people who seriously bought the $6 tier for a +1 to their GOG libraries?
It had some decent games, though most have been very cheap in sales and a large part of the GOG userbase already had them via promos and such.

If anyone should be blamed for this it should be that Curse site. They're the ones that ran out of keys, not Humble.
Why not GOG? Really, that makes as much sense as Curse. GOG very well could have cut ties with Curse once they saw Curse and a free GOG game listed as part of this bundle.

Why not GOG? Really, that makes as much sense as Curse. GOG very well could have cut ties with Curse once they saw Curse and a free GOG game listed as part of this bundle.
I think the free game was given to people who paid the $30 annual subscription fee,s o Curse probably paid GOG a discounted price for these keys as a cross-site promo. They probably only had an agreement for a certain amount of keys, and they ran out. Maybe GOG didn't want to give them more keys? Who knows, but they don't seem to have "cut ties", at least not from what I can see.

How can anyone be mad at Humble right now with the 2K bundle live?

At least wait until the next crappy bundle before venting your e-rage.
I attribute that more to 2K's generosity than Humble's. I mean, at the end of the day it's the devs/pubs that are the generous ones by taking part and deserve the credit (regardless of ulterior motives). Humble's generosity is in convincing them to participate and doing all the hosting and such.

Like they did with Starbound?
FWIW I noticed that they did it back then and I didn't like it then either. Someone who didn't catch the bundle right at the start would not have realized why the BTA was so very high for that one because they destroyed all the evidence.

This to me this situation a bigger deal because some people probably put off redeeming the offer because they thought they had time (and even if it's Curse's fault, Gaslighting people into thinking they didn't actually see the offer is low), but regardless in the interest of transparency and full disclosure I think the Starbound thing was shady too.

Unless it has Final Fantasy or Tomb Raider games, I want nothing to do with a Square Enix bundle. I'd prefer HIB. Or even a recap of the greatest indies over the years that new comers to the game have missed. Braid, Fez, Splunky, Super Meat Boy, etc.

I know most of the regs would hate that, but it would give the chance to play some of the best indies that new comers missed out on the bundles.

Am I the only one who didn't like the 2K takes (unless you customize the giving) a cut of the bundle sales? For as bad as EA is, at least they were willing to donate it all to Humble/Charity in their Origin Bundle.

Am I the only one who didn't like the 2K takes (unless you customize the giving) a cut of the bundle sales? For as bad as EA is, at least they were willing to donate it all to Humble/Charity in their Origin Bundle.
THQ did the same. Eh, I'm not going to begrudge them. EA also has worse reputation and whether or not you agree with that they need the positive PR more than most other publishers do.

A lot of publishers outside of EA and Ubisoft have gone tits up over the years and while I don't have 2K's financials I have a pretty good idea that they aren't in as secure a position financially as EA.

Besides all that, they made a product and I don't think it's wrong for them to get compensated for that. I wouldn't have thought it wrong of EA even but I could just imagine all the screaming if that EA Humble Bundle had not been charity so it's smart they did what they did.

Unless it has Final Fantasy or Tomb Raider games, I want nothing to do with a Square Enix bundle. I'd prefer HIB. Or even a recap of the greatest indies over the years that new comers to the game have missed. Braid, Fez, Splunky, Super Meat Boy, etc.

I know most of the regs would hate that, but it would give the chance to play some of the best indies that new comers missed out on the bundles.
Squeenix / Eidos Humble Bundle:

1st Tier - $1 or more for Steam keys:

Deus Ex: The Fall

Conflict: Denied Ops

2nd Tier - spend $10 or more:

The Last Remnant

TR 2013

Hitman Absolution

3rd Tier - spend $25 or more:

Final Fantasy 7

FF8

Squeenix / Eidos Humble Bundle:

1st Tier - $1 or more for Steam keys:

Deus Ex: The Fall

Conflict: Denied Ops

2nd Tier - spend $10 or more:

The Last Remnant

TR 2013

Hitman Absolution

3rd Tier - spend $25 or more:

Final Fantasy 7

FF8
Move TR2013 to the 3rd tier, add Kane & Lynch 2 to the 2nd tier, add Front Mission Evolved to the 1st tier.

All three games have lots of DLC to maximize Squeenix's earnings.

Move TR2013 to the 3rd tier, add Kane & Lynch 2 to the 2nd tier, add Front Mission Evolved to the 1st tier.

Would be nice to see FME in Tier #1 - I'd guess that probably won't happen.

Hence why my Squeenix HB was purposely designed like garbage. ;)

Would be nice to see FME in Tier #1 - I'd guess that probably won't happen.

Hence why my Squeenix HB was purposely designed like garbage. ;)
I chose the least popular game in their Steam library as padding for Tier 1 for a reason. :p

Also on GOG

http://www.gog.com/news/announcement_partnership_with_cursecom

Better take your screengrabs now before they edit.

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about this yet. There's a couple of people on GOG that talked about it yesterday with one implying that based on a previous situation where Curse ran out of keys and GOG had to issue more, that in this case they again had a finite number of keys which very quickly ran out due to the Humble Bundle and perhaps GOG did not want to issue more.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/curse_premium_no_longer_offers_a_free_gog_game

Also the curse rep apparently told the one guy that the GOG code he had didn't work "due to an expiration issue". I know that some of those free GOG codes have been known to expire but it seems odd that these would given that GOG expressed the intention to continue this offer at least through the end of the year.
Someone from the GOG staff has stated that GOG has terminated their agreement with Curse.com

So.. now it's official.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/curse_premium_no_longer_offers_a_free_gog_game/post19

Someone from the GOG staff has stated that GOG has terminated their agreement with Curse.com

So.. now it's official.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/curse_premium_no_longer_offers_a_free_gog_game/post19
That's not really much information and makes it sound like GOG was the culprit (Oh noes! A bunch of Humble riff raff is getting our precious games!). They did say though that if some people got codes that didn't work they can write to GOG support to get a proper one. I read that some of the people who did try to redeem that offer from the Humble Bundle got expired codes apparently.

TR2013 isn't bad. There's like one single-player add on that's a buck on sale and the rest of it is either unlocks you'll get via game play anyway or multiplayer crap.

That's not really much information and makes it sound like GOG was the culprit (Oh noes! A bunch of Humble riff raff is getting our precious games!).
Well, yes. Though I'm not sure I'd use the word "culprit." GOG has had their games in some other bundles, but never Humble. I have to assume that's pretty deliberate on their part.

If GOG keys work like Steam keys then I assume it was the pubs/devs who put those GOG keys for those Groupees etc bundles and that GOG was not directly involved.

If GOG keys work like Steam keys then I assume it was the pubs/devs who generated those GOG keys for those Groupees etc bundles and that GOG was not directly involved.
I don't think that they do. I seem to remember that there was a bundle game somewhere sometime back where GOG keys were asked about and the answer was that GOG said no. I think GOG doesn't let publishers generate their own keys.

So are flash bundles going to replace that awful Dailies idea? As long as it doesn't interfere with my bi-monthly disappointment, I'm all for it.

<p>

Codemasters Flash Re-Bundle for 24 hours.

https://www.humblebundle.com/flash

$1 or more

• Overlord
  • Overlord: Raising Hell DLC
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Rise of the Argonauts
$6 or more
  • DiRT Showdown
  • DiRT 3
  • Overlord II
Since they refunded me $7 for not delivering the 2k bundle and I already re bought that I might just bite on this and use that paypal credit.

I thought we ended this nonsense when the people who complained they had to pay a penny and that wasn't truly "pay what you want" finally left after HIB 3 or so.

I don't think that they do. I seem to remember that there was a bundle game somewhere sometime back where GOG keys were asked about and the answer was that GOG said no. I think GOG doesn't let publishers generate their own keys.
They do... the Defender's Quest and Retro City Rampage devs have GOG key options through their Humble Widgets.

It looks like it really depends on the situation. A dev selling copies at its own site versus a site that will probably generate hundreds of thousands of keys. GOG doesn't get any money, just bandwidth costs.

bread's done
Back