Humble Bundle Thread

barkley-head-shake-o.gif

not to sound like a a-hole, but what would you need a mouse for? it's a 2-d platforming rogue-lite. a gamepad works fine.
Well, some folks don't have gamepads and some others prefer not to use them. Personally, I have an old Logitech pad that I can use for a lot of things but I prefer KB+M controls whenever possible. Having said that, I don't play a lot of platformers and have been advised by certain other esteemed members of this board that it's foolish to play them with anything other than a gamepad, so . . . .

I saw the difference with the Mo-boo!-ile bundle last week. I grabbed the freebie and later bought the bundle from two tabs with the same average and noticed that they had different amounts needed for the BTA content. (That bundle currently has two free games and will add another this week. I wonder if we'll see multiple free games with a main bundle.)
I don't see this happening. I think the reason you tend to see a lot of freebies with Android bundles is because most mobile games are cheap anyway (I don't just mean they're cheaply made or shoddy, although many are, but it's rare to see any games on mobile devices that cost more than a couple of bucks). Also people are sort-of conditioned to expect games to be free on these platforms by Amazon and Apple giving away things on a regular basis.

But who knows? I've been wrong before and undoubtedly will be again.

Well, some folks don't have gamepads and some others prefer not to use them. Personally, I have an old Logitech pad that I can use for a lot of things but I prefer KB+M controls whenever possible. Having said that, I don't play a lot of platformers and have been advised by certain other esteemed members of this board that it's foolish to play them with anything other than a gamepad, so . . . .
It's less that it's foolish to play 2d platformers without a gamepad so much as a d-pad is the best directional control input method we've gotten for most of the genre. Of course, I play plenty of 2d platformers with nothing but a keyboard (trying to play a platformer with KB/M sounds annoying, though), so take that how you like.

Either way, I'd much rather play a 2d platformer with a touchscreen, let alone a keyboard, than with a gamepad with a shitty d-pad (I'm looking at you, 360 controller).

EDIT:
In unrelated news, that 50¢ tax I mentioned before for HIB13 has cranked itself up to 80¢ because I didn't think to log-in on the browser I saved the tab in.

fuck .

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the Weekly goes away did anyone try Influent? I may get it before it passes with the Spanish to practice a bit, though i'm unsure of it. The other stuff in the bundle looks OK but i'm not really into educational games too much unless it's something like Number Munchers.

EDIT:
In unrelated news, that 50¢ tax I mentioned before for HIB13 has cranked itself up to 80¢ because I didn't think to log-in on the browser I saved the tab in.

fuck .
You don't have to log in. Just use the same email, and when you do log in, you can tie it to your account.

You don't really need a mouse. You can't aim in the game. It's just left or right.
Exactly. It's not Metal Slug or something.

Damn. Didn't realize how close I was to gilbying those Star Wars comics.

Why the Hell did I wait in the first place?

New Humble Books Bundle - Horror Boo!k Bundle:

• Song of Kali
  • Zombies: The Recent Dead
  • The Mocking Dead #1
  • The Last Zombie: Zomnibus
  • Houses of the Holy
  • Shadowman Vol. 4: Fear, Blood, and Shadows
  • Punk Mambo - Song inspired by Shadowman
Beat the Average for:

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Omnibus Vol. 1
  • Knights of Sidonia Vol. 1-3
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer
  • Clive Barker's Hellraiser: The Dark Watch Vol. 1 & 2
  • Swan Song
Pay $15 or more for:

• Afterlife with Archie #1 & 2
  • Locke & Key Vol. 1: Welcome To Lovecraft
  • Darkness: Two Decades of Modern Horror
New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Mess up your captchas? The captcha I was getting last night was just a checkbox. How do you mess that up?
?

Usually they're a bunch of nonsense words on Humble of varying degrees of legibility.

Bundle looks pretty good at Tier 1. Tier 2 loses a lot of its value when you see that Amazon's selling a digital version of the Buffy Omnibus for $3.99.

?

Usually they're a bunch of nonsense words on Humble of varying degrees of legibility.

Bundle looks pretty good at Tier 1. Tier 2 loses a lot of its value when you see that Amazon's selling a digital version of the Buffy Omnibus for $3.99.
They've always been the standard captcha nonsense for me in the past, but last night when I was looking at HIB13, reCAPTCHA was just giving me a checkbox asking if I was human, probably in an animated HTML5 wrapper of some sort to try to foil the bots.

They've always been the standard captcha nonsense for me in the past, but last night when I was looking at HIB13, reCAPTCHA was just giving me a checkbox asking if I was human, probably in an animated HTML5 wrapper of some sort to try to foil the bots.
Yeah, they changed it up. I just bought a cheap book bundle and I got a check box followed by a simple number captcha. That's much better.

?

But it's not DRM free, is it. :p

We're getting a Humble Halloweekly Bundle. With Payday 2 masks.

https://twitter.com/OVERKILL_TM/status/527869162052673538

Edit: The game list was just leaked thanks to that picture!

$1 for Steam keys:

Knock-Knock

Home

Vertical Drop Heroes HD

BTA

Our Darker Purpose

Five Nights at Freddy's

Betrayer

$15

Among The Sleep

I want Our Darker Purpose, but I doubt the BTA price will be low enough to justify buying it.

We're getting a Humble Halloweekly Bundle. With Payday 2 masks.

https://twitter.com/OVERKILL_TM/status/527869162052673538

Edit: The game list was just leaked thanks to that picture!

$1 for Steam keys:

Knock-Knock

Home

Vertical Drop Heroes HD

BTA

Our Darker Purpose

Five Nights at Freddy's

Betrayer

$15

Among The Sleep
Somebody somewhere on these forums mentioned that there is a free VDH Halloween DLC or some such.

Edited: Tomasety posted this in the Steam thread. It's a free theme.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329370/

BTA's at around 4.55-60 right now. I guess people are paying enough to get Freddy's, but not enough to get the $15 game.

I think I'll probably BTA on this one. I'd looked at Our Darker Purpose back when it was on Kickstarter, and somehow have missed other bundles with FNAF. $15 for Among the Sleep is a joke, though, as it's already 40% off on steam, and a 50% off sale plus the current BTA would have you paying less.

vertical drop heroes  grabbed it for a penny. If the other 2 games had steam cards would of grabbed all 3 games for steam.  no steam cards penny  good enough

VDH reminds me of  Rouge Legacy

I have one in each tier already, but Betrayer and Our Darker Purpose are both on my wishlist.

Anyone have anything very negative to say about either of those games?

I have one in each tier already, but Betrayer and Our Darker Purpose are both on my wishlist.

Anyone have anything very negative to say about either of those games?
Well, take this for what it's worth, but I hear Hal hasn't grabbed them yet.

BTA was low enough so I got it...hopefully these games are aight. I will be posting a Betrayer code so if anyone wants that it's yours. Also with Five Nights also being in the Moobile bundle, I now know I don't want it. 

bread's done
Back