Humble Bundle Thread

I usually like TCGs but I found Card City Nights to be really dull and boring. I liked the whole "overworld" idea (ripped off from the Pokemon TCG/Yugioh gameboy games) where you go around battling people and winning booster packs, and I appreciate their new take on the classic TCG formula but I found the actual gameplay part to be boring. I can't exactly place it but after 20-30 minutes I'd had my full.

Those Dominion expansions in the $12 tier are really tempting if you have any interest in playing Dominion online. Those expansions are not cheap on the game's webstore. That will tend to keep this average up.
Yeah, the dominion stuff is tempting... but I've only played it in meatspace. I'm not sure if online really appeals to me.

Pretty much ALL of these games are F2P -- you're just paying for more booster packs.  I believe Talisman and Magic are the only ones that don't use F2P model.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll definitely be considering this one. Magic 2015+expansion and three Dominion expansions? Sounds good to me.

Sorry not all of these bundles can be full of AAA indie games

I'll definitely be considering this one. Magic 2015+expansion and three Dominion expansions? Sounds good to me.

Sorry not all of these bundles can be full of AAA indie games
I'd settle for non F2P indie games, Mr. No Avatar.

Yeah, the dominion stuff is tempting... but I've only played it in meatspace. I'm not sure if online really appeals to me.
It appeals to me, but I'm not sure I'd actually play it. I never seem to play Ticket to Ride even though I was very excited to get it when Amazon had that sale. Of course, not actually playing games isn't any sort of valid reason for a CAG to not buy them.

Pretty much ALL of these games are F2P -- you're just paying for more booster packs. I believe Talisman and Magic are the only ones that don't use F2P model.
The base set of Dominion gets old. You don't necessarily need all the expansions, but at least a few to mix things up will add an awful lot of replayability. (Speaking from experience with the board game.)

AAA indie games
mal-what.gif

I'd settle for non F2P indie games, Mr. No Avatar.
LEAVE_BRITNEY_ALONE!_gif.gif

Normally I'd join the haters but to be honest, this bundle couldn't have come at a better time for me. Both this and the free Big Fish game promo a few days ago have ended up being big boons to my personal life, so THANKS HUMBLE. :bouncy:

I think they changed it so it doesn't lock a while back.

Pony up a penny, tightwad.
Are you sure there was a change?

Because the way it used to work was that grabbing the free game would lock in the price at whatever it was at the time you submitted rather than buying locking the price at whatever it was at the time the tab was last refreshed.

Because the way it used to work was that grabbing the free game would lock in the price at whatever it was at the time you submitted rather than buying locking the price at whatever it was at the time the tab was last refreshed.
Ah right, as I said I was hazily recalling it. I'm better off tossing in a penny to BTA-lock an old tab... since most of the lowest-BTAs I get are very short lived (too short to free-game-lock.

That Image comic bundle was pretty good. The first book of Saga alone was $50 MSRP and is still like $30 on Amazon.
i thought the weekly going on right now is alright
I know that up until recently there were a lot of people wearing his Avatar and thereby making him seem (by association, if not by any actual evidence) less upset by the fact that literally everything exists, but... you guys remember that you're talking to Mooby, right?

I know that up until recently there were a lot of people wearing his Avatar and thereby making him seem (by association, if not by any actual evidence) less upset by the fact that literally everything exists, but... you guys remember that you're talking to Mooby, right?
I can't help myself even though I know it's futile. Not too long ago when people were complaining about the humble dry spell going on I brought up that it seems Humble goes through spurts of good bundles then bad ones, with the last spurt containing Jumbo Bundle and two numbered indie bundles in about a month and a half or so, with a few decent weeklys thrown in. Mooby claimed all those bundles were terrible.

That worked for me. I just wanted Card City Nights initially, but then I decided to get the second tier. The BTA price didn't increase for me. The free game seemed to act as a placeholder of sorts.

Mooby hates everything except derp, TF2, State of Derpcay, and Bruticis.

That's all you need to know.
You can remove the strike-through for now, we're broken up again, as I'm "FILLED WITH HATE". I'll let you know when the hate passes and you can put the strike-through back on.

Isn't that like saying Mount St. Helens is filled with lava?

No offense.
I visited Mt. St. Helens this past year. It was way far off the interstate and ate into our time in Portland. We didn't get to go see the gorge over near Portland, but it was worth the trip. We'll probably try to visit Portland at some point in the future, seemed like a cool place and had good food.

Star Realms is definitely worth the $1 by itself. I've spent more time on it than pretty much any other app. Of course I may be biased because I enjoy playing the physical version during board game nights with friends too.

The "F2P" version only lets you play the easy campaign while the paid version unlocks the multiplayer & hard mode (ai is bullshit).

In 4 1 free pdfs. Even better than free jpegs?

I've played Card Hunter, which is F2P. The single-player campaign is pretty fun and I/Elbert Braddingtonton completed it for free without major issue. Didn't do multiplayer, which is where the extra items/currency would probably help most. Recommended for free and nope for $12 unless you have a need to be the baddest Card Hunter on the block.

bread's done
Back