Humble Bundle Thread

I penny'd in like a cheapass bastard and all I got were the free games. Well played Humble..well played.

Edit: like an idiot i penny'd again and got Star Realms, but not Scrolls :whistle2:/

Edit2: lovely job burying the following info, Humble. you got me!

"DRM-free, in your browser, or on Steam. The games in this bundle vary in what platforms they're played on -- hover your cursor over the icons next to the box art above to see more details. Pay $1 or more to get access to game or content keys (except for Star Realms -- any sized purchase amount gives you its key), and please check out the full system requirements here prior to purchasing."

i especially enjoyed the bit where i was sent to the Play Store to download Star Realms. classy.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm pretty sure this one's going to suck no matter what happens, but if anyone's played it, could he/she weigh in on whether Magic is worth $6? It looks like they're basically charging an extra $10 on Steam for wallpapers, a soundtrack, and "part 1" of an ebook, which sounds like a terrible deal no matter how you parse it. If the base game's not that good, I'm not sure why paying an extra few bucks for an expansion make sense either. I think I've read a couple of reviews of both 2014 and 2015 which basically indicated that these iterations are pay-to-win and much worse than earlier versions. 

Magic 2015 is worse than 2014 and if you were to buy one, I'd wait and see if 2014 goes on sale sometime this season.  2014 plays better, looks better, has a better interface, has more features, etc.  It's still not equivalent to playing a real game of M:tG but it's fun in its own way.  The 2014 Gold edition (not Gold complete) is the best purchase option.

2015 I got because I liked 2014 and wanted it for the promo card since I was playing the physical game at the time.  I was disappointed in 2015 and quickly abandoned it back for 2014.  I wouldn't recommend 2015 but maybe for $6 it ain't bad if you don't have the expectations from 2014 (glowing review, eh?)

I never played them multiplayer against human opponents so I can't speak for "Pay 2 Win".  I liked the expansion decks from the Gold edition more than the base decks but the single player campaign should be winnable with the base decks.

So I'm pretty sure this one's going to suck no matter what happens, but if anyone's played it, could he/she weigh in on whether Magic is worth $6? It looks like they're basically charging an extra $10 on Steam for wallpapers, a soundtrack, and "part 1" of an ebook, which sounds like a terrible deal no matter how you parse it. If the base game's not that good, I'm not sure why paying an extra few bucks for an expansion make sense either. I think I've read a couple of reviews of both 2014 and 2015 which basically indicated that these iterations are pay-to-win and much worse than earlier versions.
Haven't played any of the Magic games. Supposedly 2015 was poorly received but many of the complaints have since been addressed. The paywall-blocked cards are no longer paywall-blocked, from what I gather.

That said, Dominion is the real draw of the BTA tier (and the $12 tier.) Absolutely excellent game. (From experience with the physical game.) It's just a pity that it isn't on Steam.

New Humble Books Bundle - Archie Comics:

• The Best of Archie Book One
  • Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide Vol. 1
  • The Fox: Freak Magnet
  • Afterlife With Archie Magazine #1
Beat the Average for:

• The Death of Archie
  • Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide Vol. 2
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1
  • The Best of Archie Book Two
  • Archie Meets KISS
Pay $15 or more for:

• Afterlife With Archie Vol. 1: Escape From Riverdale
  • Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide Vol. 3
  • Archie: The Married Life Vol. 1
  • Archie Comics Spectacular: Party Time
New Humble Store Daily Deal:

hmmm. I don't think I played Magic 2014 much on pc. I think I played it a bit on console. Still undecided about getting it from the bundle. it's currently 7.75

I haven't got to read any Archie since I was a kid, I might look into that again.

Want Archie Married Life and Afterlife with Archie is cool too (own it).....eh....wish it was a full collection of the Married life at least even though they give you the ending.

The bundle has the 2015 edition in it, not the 2014.
Correct, but what I was mentioning is that I didn't play much of the 2014 version that I have on steam to compare to the 2015 I was thinking about getting. I'm looking up reviews now to see what people are saying about the new version on if the special steam edition is worth picking up.

What he said. I can't imagine anyone over the age of 5 (in 1969) has any interest in Archie Comics.
I've heard some of the Archie comics are actually supposed to be quite good from some comic aficionados I know.

('course, I know jack all about comics.)

In for a penny, I guess, so I can never read the base tier.

The DEATH OF ARCHIE? Spoilers! I remember reading the series when I was a little kid... kinda took a dark turn, huh?
Yep. He died jumping in front of Kevin Keller- Archie's openly gay friend who is now a Senator- and taking an assassin's bullet for him.

(Yes, that really is what happened.)

I'm actually VERY surprised they included Afterlife and Sabrina. Those books are very different from the standard Archie fare, much more mature and pulpy in tone. And they have actual violence, with blood, in them.

Quick question, how are you guys buying the archie bundle for a penny keeps saying must pay 50 cents to me to buy it. I am a complete cheap ass and need the info thanks ?

Well played Humble.  Save your shittiest bundles for a really tragic charity that anyone would look like an asshole if they criticized.  I expect to see a huge army of white knights out and about this week.  

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Je Suis Charlie:

• Type: Rider
  • Finding Teddy
  • Little Big Adventure (Android)
Pay $6 or more for:

• FarSky
  • Strike Vector
  • Homeland (Audiobook)
58359176.jpg

Just a note that 100% of all money from the bundle goes straight to the Freedom of the Press charity.

Does that make this a good bundle? Absolutely not, but there you go.

I typically wouldnt buy this bad of a bundle.... but they sure picked a charity that is hard to say no to right now.

and I've had strike vector on my wishlist for a long time.  

Easy pass on Le Merde Bundle.

Won't somebody please think of the children terrorism victims?

New Humble Store Promotion - Codemasters Weekend Sale:

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

OMG, it's almost like a Sega sale -- I own every single one of these bar F1 2014, which I'm not interested in at any price.

(And owned all of these prior to any bundle appearances.)

bread's done
Back