Humble Bundle Thread

I'd rather get GOG keys than Uplay. Jesus. It's like Ubisoft saw the Origin humbles and said "we need more idiots to get accounts here. Let's do it."

Screen_Shot_2015_04_28_at_11_09_44_AM.png
So that explains why everybody is just jumping on the $15 tier without thinking, making the average keep going up and up.

Eh, I actually started to play this after I sorta, kinda [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]admitted defeat [/SIZE]took a break from Kane And Lynch: Dead Men...Be careful what you wish for....so far the most powerful weapon I've encountered is the sole of my boot in everyones face....It's a pretty janky combat system...and the voice acting is so bad...it's almost good....
Weird... I remember I rushed through K&L 1 in order play K&L 2 in coop a couple years ago. I thought it was fine, reasonably enjoyable, didn't stand out in any way though (positive/negative).

K&L 2 is fun in coop, but solo it's -hard-. Meatbag partner >> AI partner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth a buck if you have never played a Might & Magic game.  HoMM 3 is one of the all-time greats.

edit: nevermind, worst bundle evar

Weird... I remember I rushed through K&L 1 in order play K&L 2 in coop a couple years ago. I thought it was fine, reasonably enjoyable, didn't stand out in any way though (positive/negative).

You missed a line of pink text! Uplay got you slippin'!

K&L 1 combat is really pretty not good....the cover system is shite. the AI partner I don't give a crap about....the story was really not grabbing me.....dunno.....I came off a roll of games I really liked (Borderlands 1, Hotline Miami, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl (although the end fights of that game were fairly brutal and then actual ending, while I could appreciate what they were trying to do, made me want to irradiate the developers/writers junk and then kick them there)). Went into K&L 1...eh not really feeling it...Dark Messiah...dunno, feel like giving up...maybe I'll press on...thinking about going to Call of Doody 1....

So that explains why everybody is just jumping on the $15 tier without thinking, making the average keep going up and up.
200px-Mobviously.jpg

And it's with thinking and feeling that people are jumping on the $15 tier... a charitable person is already thinking about donating to one of these charities for Nepal earthquake relief. So getting a little zero-cost appreciation gift back is purrfect.

Seeing MSF I was thinking of $15ing... but then I noticed all the Uplay keys.

:dilemma:
Was about to dollar it... "uplay"... Nope nope nope
As a longtime HOMM fan I might have jumped on the $15 tier for VI, IIIHD, and X, despite already owning all of V and Clash of Heroes (awesome game, BTW), but not for no Steam or even GOG keys. Ubi continues to be the most clueless of the big non-Japanese publishers.

That M&M Collection is worth the $1..  too bad it's on Uplay... I think I rather just dig up my old CDs and see if they still work.. I think I own M&M6 3 times over now... by itself, a 1-6 pack, and a 6-9 pack, funny how they overlapped 6 in their collection packs..

HOMM5 is missing 2 expansions here, so perhaps they'll be in the BTA next week. Possibly M&M 7-9 too.

Sadly, HOMM3 is in the $15 tier.

whats wrong with U PLAY?
Nothing, but people love Steam and want to collect them all on Steam. I buy some stuff cheaply Uplay only. Works just the same as Steam if you are just interested in playing games.

I really have no interest in any of these games...but I do want to support the Nepal disaster relief....decisions...

Nothing, but people love Steam and want to collect them all on Steam. I buy some stuff cheaply Uplay only. Works just the same as Steam if you are just interested in playing games.

I really have no interest in any of these games...but I do want to support the Nepal disaster relief....decisions...
thought maybe they were hacked or somethign and people did not want to go back. Might do a penny to get the first packs ( or do you have to pay a buck) would grabed the 2nd level if i didnt already have Clash of heroes (then again only paid 2 for class with DLC)

whats wrong with U PLAY?
Of the 3 bigs (steam, origin, uplay), I actually like Origin best now (omigawd) look&feel/usability-wise. Steam is very much dated now, and still has some cumbersome restrictions (like everything in 1 directory/disk) but most people have most of their games there and hence is "stuck". Functionally, they're pretty much the same - i.e. evil drm, storefront etc.

Uplay is generally despised simply because of Ubisoft's business practices (always-on drm etc.). Curiously enough, people seem to think of steam as the goodguy now, when it's doing the exact same thing (offline mode doesn't really work half the time). Ubisoft needs to poach valve's PR people!

Of the 3 bigs (steam, origin, uplay), I actually like Origin best now (omigawd) look&feel/usability-wise. Steam is very much dated now, and still has some cumbersome restrictions (like everything in 1 directory/disk) but most people have most of their games there and hence is "stuck". Functionally, they're pretty much the same - i.e. evil drm, storefront etc.
That's old outdated information now. Steam officially supports multiple libraries (locations/drives).

Steam is very much dated now, and still has some cumbersome restrictions (like everything in 1 directory/disk)
That changed a while ago, you can have as many install locations as you want. I.e. I have some of my larger games on an ssd for load times and the rest on a game drive. Its somewhere in the library settings or something or when you go to install a game there is a drop down of location and you can create a new one

I read so many bad things about their update system. I have no problem having games on Steam, Origin, GOG... But uplay... Nope.

Eh, I actually started to play this after I sorta, kinda [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]admitted defeat [/SIZE]took a break from Kane And Lynch: Dead Men...Be careful what you wish for....so far the most powerful weapon I've encountered is the sole of my boot in everyones face....It's a pretty janky combat system...and the voice acting is so bad...it's almost good....
Yeah, the boot is pretty OP. I played DM of M&M with zero expectation years ago... scratch that.... I had low expectations because it wasn't rated very highly. I ended up having a great deal of fun. I like action games that allow you to level up, and bonus points for having three separate classes. It's pretty alright in my book.

I'm kinda bummed about the Uplay keys. I don't dislike Uplay as a rule, but I hate breaking up a collection. Plus I always forget about Uplay.

That changed a while ago, you can have as many install locations as you want. I.e. I have some of my larger games on an ssd for load times and the rest on a game drive. Its somewhere in the library settings or something or when you go to install a game there is a drop down of location and you can create a new one
Interesting. Thanks! I never actually noticed that change in the settings. Shows just how often I acutally download/play the games I foolishly collect.

I only want to build a library on one or two clients because I do not want a dozen running at one time.  I think I have seven installed already, although Steam is the only one I allow to run at startup.  Out of all of them, Origin is the second best and actually seems to run better than Steam (less bloated I presume) but Origin doesn't save my password ever so I have to log in every time and I dislike the library in it.  It is fine for the small number of games I have on there but if I had as many games on Origin as I do on Steam It would be torture.  And uplay STILL crashes on me all the bloody time even though it has been out for years.  I have Black Flag on there from some video card I bought and I eventually just gave up on playing it.  The mini version of uplay that is attached to Steam titles does not cause me the same issues so I hate that I missed that Black Flag glitch price on Steam.  

I just hope Galaxy isn't garbage when it comes out.

People are getting really tense... how about a laugh?

App Store Review Guidelines Updated to Forbid Time-Telling Apple Watch Apps

Apple has updated its App Store Review Guidelines to reflect an Apple Watch rule that it's been enforcing over the past several weeks, which prevents developers from creating Apple Watch apps that display the time. According to the newly added 10.7 rule under "User interface," Watch Apps that have a "primary function" of telling the time will be rejected.
The developer was told by Apple that Apple Watch apps containing a clock face, the likeness of a clock, or time-telling functionality would be rejected, and the Apple employee he spoke with mentioned that quite a few developers had been rejected due to the policy.

I don't know, this probably isn't the popular opinion, and maybe I'm just too old school, but I don't think of Steam as DRM at all.  When I think of DRM, I think of the old days of needed to have a disc in the drive and dealing with SecureRom and StarForce screwing up your system and blocking out legitimate customers, or even having to deal with dongles, looking up random words in a huge manual or matching up symbols on a wheel in order to get past the first stage.  All Steam requires is that you be online the first time you launch the game.  Big Whoop.  Outside of a small percentage of people (such as my own girlfriend who lives out in the sticks and is stuck on dial-up due to cable not being offered in her area) how many people don't have an always-on internet connection anyways?  In this era, it's practically a moot point.

New Humble Bundle - Might & Magic:

• Heroes II Gold
  • Heroes IV Complete
  • Might & Magic 1 to 6 Collection
  • Heroes Online Angel Starter Pack
Beat the Average for:
  • Heroes V
  • Heroes VI Gold
  • Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
  • Clash of Heroes + I Am the Boss
Pay $15 or more for:
  • Might & Magic X - Legacy + The Falcon & The Unicorn DLC
  • Heroes 3 HD
  • Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness
  • Might & Magic Duel of Champions Starter Pack
New Humble Store Promotion - Indie Showcase Midweek Sale
65185.jpg

Seeing MSF I was thinking of $15ing... but then I noticed all the Uplay keys.

:dilemma:
u meen DWB?

Okay I did it...bought a fifteen dollar tier of a humble bundle.

14.99 to charity and a pity penny to ubisoft

edit: within 15 seconds of buying spoder contacted me about a dark messiah trade

Are there some people who only want a few games out of this bundle? And are the Uplay keys separate?

I'm thinking about buying the top tier for $15 and then selling the Uplay games individually and donating that money to charity, too. Maybe an auction like Ltrain did last year.

Are there some people who only want a few games out of this bundle? And are the Uplay keys separate?

I'm thinking about buying the top tier for $15 and then selling the Uplay games individually and donating that money to charity, too.
Yeah, all the keys are separate (both Uplay & steam) except the M&M 1-6 Collection... basically, each thing shown with a picture on the HB page is a separate key.

Edit:

Steam

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - I Am the Boss DLC
Heroes of Might & Magic 3 - HD Edition

Uplay
Heroes of Might & Magic IV: Complete Edition
Might & Magic 1 to 6 collection
Heroes of Might & Magic V
Might & Magic Heroes VI - Gold Edition
Might & Magic Heroes VI - Shades of Darkness
Might & Magic X Legacy
Might & Magic X Legacy - The Falcon & The Unicorn DLC

Other?
Might & Magic Heroes Online - Angel Starter Pack
Might & Magic Duel of Champions – Starter Pack

I'm thinking about buying the top tier for $15 and then selling the Uplay games individually and donating that money to charity, too. Maybe an auction like Ltrain did last year.
I'm mostly interested in Might + Magic X Legacy & its DLC.

Though, you know me - I'd want it dirt-cheap, so you sure you wanna sell it to the likes of someone like me? ;)

We'd probably never agree on a price-point. ;)

There's also still that off-chance - I might change my mind and buy the entire bundle, depending on what the extras are revealed as.

EDIT:

Oh, BTW - in for $1, for now.

I don't know, this probably isn't the popular opinion, and maybe I'm just too old school, but I don't think of Steam as DRM at all. When I think of DRM, I think of the old days of needed to have a disc in the drive and dealing with SecureRom and StarForce screwing up your system and blocking out legitimate customers, or even having to deal with dongles, looking up random words in a huge manual or matching up symbols on a wheel in order to get past the first stage. All Steam requires is that you be online the first time you launch the game. Big Whoop. Outside of a small percentage of people (such as my own girlfriend who lives out in the sticks and is stuck on dial-up due to cable not being offered in her area) how many people don't have an always-on internet connection anyways? In this era, it's practically a moot point.
Maybe in the USA - yeah, I think most of us, unless you live in the middle of nowhere - have at least some kind of decent connection and ISP. I really can't speak for those outside of the USA - maybe those can speak on how their Internet connection and ISP's are.

Now, MysterD rant on if Steam is DRM or not...

Steam is DRM, in most instances. It still often does Digital Rights Management, which is its name for a reason - it still manages what you can and cannot do w/ your digital games; especially true when CEG (in most cases of Steam-version's, CEG's there) or any other 3rd-party crap's attached.

Steam's just not classic-style disc-based DRM. It uses the Internet, your Steam account mostly, and in most instances forces you to run Steam-program to run the game - instead of say an old disc-check or any other garbage DRM malware tricks (i.e. think Securom, Tages, StarForce, whatever).

Sure, you have to sign into an account w/ Steam, install Steam-Client + download the game - which you can look at that as DRM - but, you'd still have to do the same stuff w/ most other digital services (sign into account, maybe use a client, and download your files - i.e. GOG, Gamersgate, etc). Once you got the files, you can back-up to disc or throw 'em on another hard-drive. If CEG's not attached in a Steam-version, saved-games save locally, and there ain't other 3rd-party crap - it's essentially DRM-FREE.

Wizardry 8 Steam-version works DRM-FREE style, which I stated in the above said paragraph. Just...make sure you put it in C:\Wiz8 anyways + add it as a Non-Steam, since it doesn't work anywhere else (it doesn't work anywhere else period; it wants that folder).

Didn't even notice they weren't all Steam.  Already bought MMX for $5ish during the last sale so no interest for me in this one.

Ended up getting it for MSF. I gave everything to them because no way Red Cross gets anything from me after the stunt they pulled with money that was supposed to go to Haiti. I don't know if Charity:Water is any good but I know MSF does good work.

my Russian friend hooked me up for that bundle back then for $17

but it was worth it b/c they were all Steam gifts.

The amount of games scattered across the Steam, Uplay and other DRM are just B.S.

Why can't they just give us uPlay or Steam all the way?!!?

Uplay is generally despised simply because of Ubisoft's business practices (always-on drm etc.). Curiously enough, people seem to think of steam as the goodguy now, when it's doing the exact same thing (offline mode doesn't really work half the time). Ubisoft needs to poach valve's PR people!
Steam is my favorite because it carries a wide variety of games alot of people use it and there's incentives to keep using it.

Uplay only carries Ubisoft games so if I have beaten whatever iteration Assassin's Creed is out, I might as well just delete the application from my computer. It's funny that Ubisoft carries the old 3DO catalog. Ubisoft is learning from 3DO's mistake, instead of not making enough Army Men games they're going to come out with one every six months.

EA Origin kind of the same but a little more variety since they make so much shovel ware you're bound to get 2-3 gems that give you a reason to keep the application.

I would be interested in this bundle if it was all Steam but seeing Uplay on there makes it's an automatic no.

Yeah, I love the M&M series, but dont want to break up a collection into different applications.  I'll wait until it has all steam keys in it, which may be never.  I think my backlog would be ok with skipping this one.  This is a great deal for those who like

A) Dungeon crawling or

B) Strategy RPG or

C) Match-3 RPG (ish)

bread's done
Back