Humble Bundle Thread

DRM-FREEdom sale continues w/ a new batch today.

Some noteables:

Assume these game comes w/ both a separate DRM-FREE version + Steam-key, unless otherwise stated:

Legend of Grimrock 2 = $5.99 (75% off)

Dreamfall Chapters = $14.99 (50% off)

A New Beginning: Final Cut = 99 cents (90% off)

Cognition: GOTY Edition = $2.99 (80% off)

If you feel there's anything very notable there - say so. I'll gladly add it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Lord, I remember getting excited for Akaneiro when it was first announced/included in a groupees bundle. Got greenlight pretty early IIRC, but it took forever for it to actually launch on the steam store. After they got everyones money, they pretty much abandoned it by gutting the development team to 2 people. And this was all before early access. Good times.

Oh Lord, I remember getting excited for Akaneiro when it was first announced/included in a groupees bundle. Got greenlight pretty early IIRC, but it took forever for it to actually launch on the steam store. After they got everyones money, they pretty much abandoned it by gutting the development team to 2 people. And this was all before early access. Good times.
Wow, I thought it was never getting out of early access. I think it was one of those first wave of titles when Valve introduced Early Access on Steam.

I recall the audio being a stuttering mess and the gameplay was 'ok', but doesn't seem like it changed much, overall it was too simple for me. Also no card drops available for me. I own it long ago before cards went live. Same thing as Nosgoth. Won't email Steam Support because they still haven't responded back to me for the first one.

Which one is Iggy Azalea?
iggy2.jpg

DRM-FREEdom sale continues w/ a new batch today.

Some noteables:

Assume these game comes w/ both a separate DRM-FREE version + Steam-key, unless otherwise stated:

Legend of Grimrock 2 = $5.99 (75% off)

Dreamfall Chapters = $14.99 (50% off)

A New Beginning: Final Cut = 99 cents (90% off)

Cognition: GOTY Edition = $2.99 (80% off)

If you feel there's anything very notable there - say so. I'll gladly add it.
$6 for Grimrock 2? Nnnnnghhhh. It's just screaming BTA tier.

$6 for Grimrock 2? Nnnnnghhhh. It's just screaming BTA tier.
Yeah, I'm also afraid it'll be in a bundle.

The other thing is - I still need to finish Grimrock 1.

So, for now - it's a pass for me.

So, far - ITAD says $6 is the cheapest LoG2 has been...which matches Steam and GOG:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=legendofgrimrockii

Of course, IMHO - HB Store has the best deal as one purchase nets both Steam key + DRM-FREE download.

Yeah, I'm also afraid it'll be in a bundle.
The other thing is - I still need to finish Grimrock 1.

So, for now - it's a pass for me.
Hm. I started playing Grimrock, thinking it would be a fun throwback to the Eye of the Beholder games and I realized that it's all of those things except the F word. My rose-tinted glasses apparently made me forget that, as much as I fiddled around with those games (and the old BT games) in my youth, I never actually came close to finishing one for all the reasons that this game doesn't appeal to me very much: it's ridiculously easy to die by falling into a pit or being eaten by a grue or because you haven't trained the right school of magic or whatever and they're loaded with what would be referred to today as Doom-style key puzzles (i.e., go down corridor A ten paces, turn right, go another 20 paces, turn left, go 15 more paces, press the barely-visible button embedded in the wall to your right, go back the way you came, go up two flights of stairs, turn left, go 30 paces, turn right, go 10 paces, turn left, go 15 paces, turn right, and BEHOLD! the door that was locked earlier is now open OR do the same thing but with a key that you find in a niche in the wall).

I'm not sure how doing a dungeon crawl of this sort (where you're limited to rotating in four directions and moving one space at a time) is somehow enhanced by doing it outdoors; at least in a dungeon you're pretty sure where the walls are most of the time so a grue can't sneak up on you from the opposite way that you're looking.

Bundle or no, this will be a pass for me.

New Humble Gamer Comics Bundle BTA Unlocks:

• Akaneiro
  • The Art of Alice: Madness Returns
Disappointing batch of unlocks, although I will concede that the artwork was probably the best thing about either of those American McGee games. I still hate it when you get the second-week unlocks in a bundle and it turns out to be 2-3 items; that tells you they weren't really trying.

Hm. I started playing Grimrock, thinking it would be a fun throwback to the Eye of the Beholder games and I realized that it's all of those things except the F word. My rose-tinted glasses apparently made me forget that, as much as I fiddled around with those games (and the old BT games) in my youth, I never actually came close to finishing one for all the reasons that this game doesn't appeal to me very much: it's ridiculously easy to die by falling into a pit or being eaten by a grue or because you haven't trained the right school of magic or whatever and they're loaded with what would be referred to today as Doom-style key puzzles (i.e., go down corridor A ten paces, turn right, go another 20 paces, turn left, go 15 more paces, press the barely-visible button embedded in the wall to your right, go back the way you came, go up two flights of stairs, turn left, go 30 paces, turn right, go 10 paces, turn left, go 15 paces, turn right, and BEHOLD! the door that was locked earlier is now open OR do the same thing but with a key that you find in a niche in the wall).

I'm not sure how doing a dungeon crawl of this sort (where you're limited to rotating in four directions and moving one space at a time) is somehow enhanced by doing it outdoors; at least in a dungeon you're pretty sure where the walls are most of the time so a grue can't sneak up on you from the opposite way that you're looking.

Another long winded post about a game being too difficult for you. Fascinating.

Picked up Heavy Bullets for $2. Pretty cool so far. On the Humble page where I get my Steam key, it says "Heavy Bullets + Extra Copy", but I don't see an extra copy in my Steam inventory. Is this something that pops up later, or maybe this means my Steam key can be redeemed twice?

Picked up Heavy Bullets for $2. Pretty cool so far. On the Humble page where I get my Steam key, it says "Heavy Bullets + Extra Copy", but I don't see an extra copy in my Steam inventory. Is this something that pops up later, or maybe this means my Steam key can be redeemed twice?
It used to come with an extra copy. Not sure if it does anymore. To be sure, you can try restarting the Steam client and see if it gives you a gift. If it doesn't, then they stopped giving extra copies.

I had much the same experience though I rather enjoyed the hour or so I spent with it and plan on picking up the sequel just as soon as it's bundled. I don't find a lot of modern games with that true old school charm and even if I no longer have the patience with the mechanics for extended play, I'd rather dabble in them here and there than waste my time with pixel indie x or call of doody clone y. Not that that's what you're doing, I'm just saying. For me Grimrock was not an exercise in frustration, but made me nostalgic for the days when I had time and patience such that weak game mechanics took a backseat to atmosphere.

My problem w/ Grimrock is often my problem when I buy any new games - it got ditched for some other game (likely AAA) that I probably spent way more money on so....and I played other things afterwards, so I just never got back to Grimrock.

I really liked it, too. So, I'll be getting back to it....eventually, I hope.

Tales from India comic bundle featuring Grant Morrison and Stan Lee

Pay What You Want

• Ramayan 3392AD Issues 1-16
  • Ramayan Guidebook Special
  • Ramayan Origins Special
  • Deepak Chopra Presents: Myths From India
  • The Mighty Yeti Issue 1
Beat the Average
  • Stan Lee's Chakra The Invincible Issues 1-8
  • Stan Lee's Chakra The Invincible Short Stories
  • Deepak Chopra's Buddha: A Tale of Enlightenment Issues 1-6
  • Black Tiger Issue 1
  • More coming soon
$15 or more
  • Grand Morrison's AVATAREX Chapter 1 Exclusive Digital Release
  • Grant Morrison's 18 Days Issue 1-10
  • Grant Morrison's 18 Days: The Illustrated Scriptbook Exclusive Digital Release

I always loved dungeon crawlers, but never finished any, because I don't play them with that in mind. I just like to wander and find secrets.

O loved Grimrock, so I bought #2 at the first 75% sale (summer). I still have to play it, but I also bought the Lands of Lore collection from GOG recently ;)

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Bohemia Interactive 2:

• Arma 2
  • Take On Helicopters Bundle
  • UFO: Afterlight
  • Alpha Prime
  • Arma: Gold Edition
  • Fish Fillets 2
  • Another game coming soon!
Beat the Average for the above and:

• Arma Tactics
  • Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
  • Arma 2: British Armed Forces
  • Arma 2: Private Military Company
  • Arma 2: DayZ Mod ("Created by Dean Hall")
Pay $20 or more for all of the above and:

• Take On Mars (Early Access)
Pay $100 or more for all of the above and:

• Bohemia Interactive Collection

Wow... it's almost identical to the first one.

Take On Helicopters Bundle and "another game" are the only differences the first tier, and I don't think there's more than a couple of changes in the second tier (if that.)

I've got everything but the Arma 2 stuff. I assume there's at least one more piece of Arma 2 DLC to be unlocked -- and they'll leave one that you'll still have to buy. :puke:

I didn't think they normally did unlocks in Weekly bundles, but I see even the $20 tier has one.

I've got everything but the Arma 2 stuff, but I assume there's at least one more piece of Arma 2 DLC to be unlocked -- and they'll leave one that you'll still have to buy. :puke:

I didn't think they normally did unlocks in Weekly bundles, but I see even the $20 tier has one.
Yep, Army of the Czech Republic is the missing DLC, which I bet shows up later. The $1 tier missing game is obviously going to be Arma III, according to my sources. I just have Arma 2 but none of the DLC.

Lowest avg I saw was $3.92. I think I got the $1 tier of the first Bohemia weekly bundle which was nearly identical to this $1 tier, except they've moved Arma Tactics to the BTA tier to make room for the mystery game.

I bet it's Arma: Cold War Assault.

Wow... it's almost identical to the first one.

Take On Helicopters Bundle and "another game" are the only differences the first tier, and I don't think there's more than a couple of changes in the second tier (if that.)
Yeah, the last one didn't include either of the two expansions: British Armed Forces or Private Military Company.

Source: I bought the $6-tier of the first and had to buy those and the DLC from Russians.

The $1/BTA mystery games could easily be the two missing games from the original (Cold War Assault and Carrier Command).

I really hope at least one of them is ARMA: Combat Operations, since that's the only ARMA game I'm missing besides 3.

Lowest avg I saw was $3.92.
I got $3.91. :D/

I got the dollar tier at 3.88.
Damn.

You just want to make all of us that bought the first Bohemia bundle for $6 feel bad, don't you?
This.

I'm conflicted on this one. The selection is better on this bundle (including the paid DLC for Take on Helicopters and 2 the expacs for Arma 2 was a nice touch), and it's overall cheaper ($4 for more games versus $6 for less). But, the tiers on the first one were arguably better (in favour of the $1-tier).

I think we can all agree the $80 difference between the third and fourth tier is a bit much seeing as this is all that's missing (minus 3 of these, since they're mystery games):

Alternativa
Arma 2: Czech Army
Arma: Cold War Assault
Arma 3
Carrier Command
Memento Mori
Memento Mori 2
Original War
Pat & Mat
Pound of Ground
Arma 3 DLC
Day Z Standalone

Edit: Oh, and I don't think the Android version of Tactics was included in the first one.

People have been splitting tiers, so I assume they're separate. I believe the first bundle's keys were separate as well.
Well, I did buy Bohemia Bundle 1. Those were separate.

I actually might not need this bundle. Not sure.

I just checked, for the hell of it - my retail key of ARMA Reinforcements pack (ARMA 2: Stand-alone DLC Only Box) to see if it would activate the DLC's.

It did much more.

Activated almost everything ARMA-related onto Steam:

ARMA X: Anniversary Pack.

• ARMA: Gold Edition [already owned]
  • ARMA: Cold War Assault [already owned]
  • ARMA 2 (base-game). [already owned]
  • ARMA 2: Op Arrowhead [already owned].
  • ARMA 2: BAF DLC + PMC DLC.

It didn't activate ARMA 2: Czech Repub DLC, though. So, that I'm still missing.

Depends on what the unlocks are, on if I need Bohemia HB 2 or not.

Well, I did buy Bohemia Bundle 1. Those were separate.

I actually might not need this bundle. Not sure.

I just checked, for the hell of it - my retail key of ARMA Reinforcements pack (ARMA 2: Stand-alone DLC Only Box) to see if it would activate the DLC's.

It did much more.

Activated almost everything ARMA-related onto Steam:
Yep, this is a direct result of Bohemia ditching DRM free releases in favor of Steamworks. They even gave people who owned Arma I on GOG Steam keys.

I'm pretty happy to see the BTA this low, especially since this is a shameless rehash of the previous bundle.

The $20 tier unlock is very surprising, since it was in the $6 tier last time
It was the only game of theirs with a high MSRP ($33) they would find worthless enough (mixed reviews on Steam, already been bundledm, not Day Z or ARMA 3) to include to try and make the $20-tier seem like a decent value, so that was my best guess.

bread's done
Back