Humble Bundle Thread

Did they really add some Downton Abbey solitaire game to a main HIB? I find that a lot more disappointing than a Playstation bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those HIB 17 additions...

YGLmgJS.gif
Mind not blown.

In at $6.37 for the PS bundle... Might bite.

Noooo! :(  I can't believe this, I own every single one of those except Resident Evil 0 PS4, which I want, and of course it's in the premium tier. :(  *Sigh*

does anyone know if that sf for ps4 coupon can be used if say the game ever goes on sale or does the 45% off only apply to full msrp?

Dang, this is a great deal, but like others above, all I want is Resident Evil HD (could take or leave Resi 0 HD and the DMC HD collection). Anyone looking to go halfsies?

So on the ps3 OR ps4 games. Do I have to pick or do they just work on either system? I am tempted to buy this bundle since I don't see my PS3 going anywhere anytime soon.

... I'm pretty sure the Hexcells games have been Gala-ed before!

And blah, I actually bought the series on Steam. Something something sacrifice etcetera.
Yep, all 3 of the Hexcells games have been bundled before. Infinite was in an Indie Royale over a year ago, so its bundling is minimal but still. The other two have both been in IGs and the first one has basically been in a bundle from every major company bar Poopees.

That shitty solitaire game has never been bundled and has only gotten shit sales. Expand has never been bundled either.

Yea these may be the worst adds Ive ever seen. The two puzzle games are decent puzzle games, but that wank solitaire game just ruins it. Its like they didnt even try.
For me it's the opposite, Regency Solitaire looks better than Hexcells and Expand. The Hexcells games have been bundled before, and Expand looks super generic. Regency Solitaire isn't a great bonus, but it seems to be the best of the bunch to me.

For me it's the opposite, Regency Solitaire looks better than Hexcells and Expand. The Hexcells games have been bundled before, and Expand looks super generic. Regency Solitaire isn't a great bonus, but it seems to be the best of the bunch to me.
Different strokes, but on whole the bonuses just lack anything interesting for the most part IMO especially for a HIB.

Anyway, 2 weeks likely until next potentially good PC bundle since Monthly is next week.

I wonder if you will be able to apply the codes for permanent ownership if you already have the game on your account through an active PS+ subscription.  I don't think you can buy from the store if you do unless that has changed.

blah blah console talk blah blah

I'm actually okay with the HIB 17 unlocks. I already had Hexcells Complete, but it's a decent puzzle game. Like Spoder, what I really wanted though was the Solitaire game. I know, grandma games, etc, etc.

Unlocks aren't usually on par with the headliners. I'm not sure what was expected.

Hexcells is a great puzzle game. A gem, don't sleep on it.

That Playstation bundle is nuts. Will probably go top tier for the MMLC coupon/DMC trilogy/RE0HD.

Can anyone confirm what happens if you put in a key for a game you already own from a PS+ freebie?

Call me Grandma Motoki, but I feel the same way. It actually looks like something I may play.

That Playstation bundle is nuts. Will probably go top tier for the MMLC coupon/DMC trilogy/RE0HD.

Can anyone confirm what happens if you put in a key for a game you already own from a PS+ freebie?
You can try having Sony chat support remove the licenses of the PS+ games from your account.

Just tried with Remember Me and got shot down. Time to have a chat with Playstation support.

I went for the top tier and was unable to reredeem codes for anything I had previously received through PS+ (MM9/MM10 combo, Remember Me). Received an message saying there was an error in attempting to redeem this content. I do not see an expiration date on the page, so I wonder if I would be able to redeem the code if I let my PS+ sub lapse.

Anyone know if I could contact PS support with the code to get it applied to my account?

HIB 17 adds:

- Hexcells Complete Pack

- Expand - Soundtrack Edition

- Regency Solitaire

New bundle IS a console bundle, but its Capcom/PS3 and I dont care about that so not listing it :D

HIB 17 adds are IG level quality as far as Im concerned. Expand looks decent, Hexcells is decent, and so what about Regency Solitaire, but none of them scream BTA tier.
I like the HIB additions. Yeah, I already have Hexcells. I have many hours in Hexcells. But a copy for my son sounds good. He wants to play it and he can't use my library when I'm playing. The other two are casual games that have never been particularly cheap. I like puzzle and casual games quite a bit, by which I mean I actually play them.

Still not sure if I'll grab this one, though. I missed the cheaper BTA due to not being around last week.

Didn't realize that Final Fight: Double Impact includes Magic Sword (one of my favorites), so I'm in for the $1 tier.

But if anyone who gets the higher tiers has an extra Lost Planet 3, Mega Man combo, or SSF2 codes, please PM me.

Different strokes, but on whole the bonuses just lack anything interesting for the most part IMO especially for a HIB.

Anyway, 2 weeks likely until next potentially good PC bundle since Monthly is next week.
I agree, the bonuses are complete and utter shit and this is easily the worse HiB ever. Period. I mean people can justify it any way they want, but some bootleg Downton Abbey Solitaire game is the best they can do?

Anyway, the Capcom PS bundle is fantastic. Only gripe so far is it is not giving me the option to donate to the charity of my choice, but the description says I'm supposed to be able to.

Might spend a dollar to get Puzzle Fighter and Wolf of the Battlefield. I have everything in the higher tiers accept for Lost Planet and REmake/RE0 are on disc so having them digital also wouldn't hurt but not worth $10+ to get those.

Capcom did to Inafune what Konami did to Kojima.

Stop asking for something that will never, ever happen. Unless you want MEGA MAN: LIV3D. :p
Kojima actually made a good game with the new Metal Gear.

Inafune made Mighty Number 9.

So I'm giving Capcom a pass on their decision

Didn't realize that Final Fight: Double Impact includes Magic Sword (one of my favorites), so I'm in for the $1 tier.

But if anyone who gets the higher tiers has an extra Lost Planet 3, Mega Man combo, or SSF2 codes, please PM me.
Final Fight Double Impact is great, too bad you have to be signed online to play it though(even single player and local co-op).

Regency Solitaire has been in my wishlist for a while now. I like card games though. Hexcells looks good too, I'm happy with these unlocks.

EWw, console.
Without consoles, you think PC nowadays would have so many variety of games? Without Xbox Live, you think PC online services like Steam / Origin are what they are today? Sure, consoles are under-powered boxes but there's nothing to "eww" about them as they shape what you play on your 1000HP PC gaming box.

ah crap, an hour late and BTA now $10+..should've known I was suppose to be glued to my computer refreshing hib today instead of taking a late lunch for taco tuesday.

Without consoles, you think PC nowadays would have so many variety of games? Without Xbox Live, you think PC online services like Steam / Origin are what they are today? Sure, consoles are under-powered boxes but there's nothing to "eww" about them as they shape what you play on your 1000HP PC gaming box.
yes - the variety has always existed on pc, and still exists in a much larger range than consoles have

yes - the original xbox was only out for ~year before steam was launched, which was created as a platform for easy patching of valves games and turned in to a distribution network once a big gaming network got converted into steam services. It had nothing to do with consoles and xbox live, it was already planned and there at the same time

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Of course they shape what we play on our 1000HP PC gaming boxes. And that's the problem.

I'm done with console talk. :whistle2:#

Even if what you say is true (it isn't!), what strikes me most about your post is the sense of longing it inspires deep within my soul when I imagine a world without consoles, and by extension, and world in which you are not posting in this thread.

What a world that would be!

I went for the top tier and was unable to reredeem codes for anything I had previously received through PS+ (MM9/MM10 combo, Remember Me). Received an message saying there was an error in attempting to redeem this content. I do not see an expiration date on the page, so I wonder if I would be able to redeem the code if I let my PS+ sub lapse.

Anyone know if I could contact PS support with the code to get it applied to my account?
It might work IF the PSN CSR can actually (or is willing to) manually remove the game for you, but I've struck out twice trying to get them to remove a ps+ game from my library, so I can buy it with a ps+ discount.

Really wish they would overhaul their system because how it is now feels like it's set up to lock one into a ps+ sub.

But like Not Eric said, probably best bet is to wait til your sub ends. Hopefully these codes don't expire like some bundled dlc codes

Seriously?

You honestly believe that the console was the revolution that caused the digital platform to emerge? It was possible to DL patches in the early 90s via 2400 baud modems as a few companies had hubs on AOL for that stuff. I was downloading patches and full games via my local BBS in 1992. Once the technology got to the point where large amounts of data were able to be downloaded by a consumer, it was always going to happen and online storefronts became ubiquitous.

Consoles just brought that shit to the couch and the Dreamcast did it first anyway.

bread's done
Back