Humble Bundle Thread

Man what a dump of a reveal (for me, anyway...would've been a bit better if I hadn't owned banner saga). Selling everything in the cesspool. 

Not the best or worst bundle.  I was a little disappointed with Banner Sage being in it from the standpoint that when the humble monthly was being announced;

"Discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles.

humble had posted a help article page for the monthly bundle as well

"This will include games that haven't been featured in our bundles "

Banner Saga is not the first time a game that was already in a humble bundle is in the monthly. So I am a little sour about it considering I already have it (and the others that were previously bundled in humble bundles and then in monthly bundles).  Good game though.  Like several people pointed out, a lot of people had this game from Russian trader or similar by now.  (I think there was also a Nvidia or AMD promo that you could have gotten it with other games).

Town of Salem was not bundled via humble, but was in 2 Bundle Stars bundles which were basically 50 cents per game.  At least it is not Random Access Murder (seriously bad decision to include that in monthly)

WWE take or leave it based on if you like wrestling or just goofing off with the multiplayer.

Sheltered has received quite a few negative reviews lately and I am not a big fan of pixel graphics with newer games (I know that some people like it though).

Soma and Epistory were both on my wishlist and were the standouts for me.  (Banner Saga would be as well if I did not already have it).

Grim Dawn is a title I already own.  I completed the game with one character already and have some fun with it.  Titan Quest players will feel at home with this game.  This is a good unlock for next month.  I just hope that there are some good games that some with it.

Every month I'm like "fuck yeah these bundles are great!" so I guess I'm still more of an assgamer than a cheapass, but give me just a few more months and I bet I'll be miserable too. Looking forward to that!

Every month I'm like "fuck yeah these bundles are great!" so I guess I'm still more of an assgamer than a cheapass, but give me just a few more months and I bet I'll be miserable too. Looking forward to that!
this is a pretty decent bundle if you don't own and wanted soma, wwe, and banner saga but if you have or don't want any of those it pretty much ruins it. that being said if you bought it for soma and didn't want any of the reveals you could sell the rest of the games for five bucks and it'd still be worth it since soma hadn't had any good sales at all yet

also even though i feel like i've been burned in each bundle since the mad max one i'll still buy for next month... hopefully there's a few games on par w/wwe and banner saga in terms of value that i actually want

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. So far I'm happy with "Is the lead game worth $12 to me" being the determining factor for me. As of yet, I've not been disappointed. 
(Now, if I would have bought the Hurtworld or Black Ops headed ones, I'd be super pissed off.)

Had no real interest in those additions. $12 for Grim Dawn seems okay. Been waiting for a bundle although these monthlies usually turn out to be the headliner and a bunch of crap that's only good for the collectors.
Really? You'd describe this month's thusly?

Yeah The Banner Saga was in a crappy bundle, most CAGs got it from the $0.99 newegg glitch (AMD code)
Or missed said glitch. (No Starlord for you, asshole.)

5d3ENYQ.gif

Despite the numbering/naming scheme, 2K brand-name/series is a pretty good sports brand of games. It's the series name + publisher of the legendary 2K sim-style sports series. They're probably best known for their NBA games, though.

ITAD says Grim Dawn has been $12.49 at its lowest (before vouchers):

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=grimdawn
The monthly keeps being good enough to keep me from cancelling. Every month since February I keep subscribing and telling myself that I'm going to unsubscribe, but I haven't been able to yet.

The monthly keeps being good enough to keep me from cancelling. Every month since February I keep subscribing and telling myself that I'm going to unsubscribe, but I haven't been able to yet.
August damn near had me unsubbing but I am back on the train. While this bundle missed on me a bit it was a good bundle. Already sold Grim Dawn for $6 so I am in for October too.

I got WWE 2K16 from a trade and decided to skip getting Soma. Grim Dawn is a good unlock but I think I have far too many arpgs in my backlog, including Van Helsing Final Cut, which I got because of the whole complete collection hype, Titan Quest Anniversary Edition, and Victor Vran, among others.

From what I've read, Grim Dawn has a fairly small file size, similar to Victor Vran, which is nice because Van Helsing is massive in terms of file size, easily eclipsing Diablo 3.

Grim Dawn is ~4gb. About as small as you could expect from a game like that. VH is absolutely huge but probably smaller if you don't download the DLC high res textures.

Grim Dawn is ~4gb. About as small as you could expect from a game like that. VH is absolutely huge but probably smaller if you don't download the DLC high res textures.
The Final Cut is about 50 gb with the texture dlc, but still in the 30s without it. At least the download is heavily compressed.

You guys all have ridiculously high standards.

It's like when it gets to 1.50am and all the nice girls (who are way out of your league anyway) are gone from the dancefloor, and all that's left are the ten-to-two girls with bad teeth, worse eyebrows, inch-long roots, a craving for cheeseburgers and several ladders in their tights.

I'm taking the plunge while you all hold out for something better that'll never come along.

Joke's on you. I'm getting laid.

And syphillis.

:whee:

It's like when it gets to 1.50am and all the nice girls (who are way out of your league anyway) are gone from the dancefloor, and all that's left are the ten-to-two girls with bad teeth, worse eyebrows, inch-long roots, a craving for cheeseburgers and several ladders in their tights.

I'm taking the plunge while you all hold out for something better that'll never come along.

And syphillis.

family_guy_barfing.gif

Not the best or worst bundle. I was a little disappointed with Banner Sage being in it from the standpoint that when the humble monthly was being announced;

"Discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles.

humble had posted a help article page for the monthly bundle as well

"This will include games that haven't been featured in our bundles "

Banner Saga is not the first time a game that was already in a humble bundle is in the monthly. So I am a little sour about it considering I already have it (and the others that were previously bundled in humble bundles and then in monthly bundles). Good game though. Like several people pointed out, a lot of people had this game from Russian trader or similar by now. (I think there was also a Nvidia or AMD promo that you could have gotten it with other games).
Yeah, I was disappointed by this, but I will say the previous time it was in a bundle it was just a few months old and it was still relatively expensive. It was also barely a bundle considering you basically just got the game and some dlc for the f2p multi game. Those "single" game bundles they were doing were more like a Humble store sale than actual bundles.

The biggest reason I was disappointed in its inclusion is the fact that I thought BS2 would be a perfect Humble Monthly game. Since they just put the first one in, I'm guessing it'll be at least a year before they'd consider putting the sequel in one. Maybe they'll put the sequel in a $10 tier of a random weekly bundle before that.

I loved BS1, but I'm willing to wait out a little while for the sequel since I hear it doesn't provide any conclusion to the story.

I think I'll probably opt in for Grim Dawn, but there's so many arpg's out there now, I'm not sure. I never got into Titan Quest, but decided to load up the anniversary thing last night. I was surprised how well it held up. It looks better than I remember it looking, but it's obviously missing some refinement that the genre's received in the years since its release.

How's the single vs multi? I'd probably play most of it singleplayer.

August damn near had me unsubbing but I am back on the train. While this bundle missed on me a bit it was a good bundle. Already sold Grim Dawn for $6 so I am in for October too.
As I said, I liked August, both because the Jackbox Party Pack was a big want for me and because I sold off Black Ops early in July.

I loved BS1, but I'm willing to wait out a little while for the sequel since I hear it doesn't provide any conclusion to the story.
Given that it was always planed as a trilogy, I wouldn't expect one. Anyways, I got my BS2 from the original kickstarter, so I'm good.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

And syphillis.

I'll have you know that it's what's on the inside of Fox's mom that counts.

It's me.

I count.

5 comes after 4.

I got WWE 2K16 from a trade and decided to skip getting Soma. Grim Dawn is a good unlock but I think I have far too many arpgs in my backlog, including Van Helsing Final Cut, which I got because of the whole complete collection hype, Titan Quest Anniversary Edition, and Victor Vran, among others.

From what I've read, Grim Dawn has a fairly small file size, similar to Victor Vran, which is nice because Van Helsing is massive in terms of file size, easily eclipsing Diablo 3.
MysterD feels he can never have enough ARPG's in his backlog, hehe.

I do have now Grim Dawn (thanks, Cesspool!), TQ Anniversary, Victor Vran, VH FInal Cut, Sacred 3, and probably bunch of other ARPG's just sitting there in the backlog.

I do have now Grim Dawn (thanks, Cesspool!), TQ Anniversary, Victor Vran, VH FInal Cut, Sacred 3, and probably bunch of other ARPG's just sitting there in the backlog.
Similar situation, besides Grim Dawn. Out of all the arpgs out there, I've only finished Diablo 3 with the ROS expansion. The high cost of the game probably has a lot to do with that statistic. It's an easy genre to get into but the games are hard to follow through with and finish.

Similar situation, besides Grim Dawn. Out of all the arpgs out there, I've only finished Diablo 3 with the ROS expansion. The high cost of the game probably has a lot to do with that statistic. It's an easy genre to get into but the games are hard to follow through with and finish.
I've actually never finished Diablo 2 + LoD & original edition of TQ: Gold.

Love those games, but never finished. Didn't lose interest, either - just bought other games; those other games (often way pricier + much newer) got in the way; and haven't gone back to those much (or even enough to finish them out-right).

You should let Sacred 3 keep sitting there. It really is awful. Have yet to play Grim Dawn but, imo, Torchlight 2 is the best arpg of the last several years. I thought TQ was horri-awful as combat had no weight/impact to it. I'm told that's different in GD. Debating whether I want to cess pool it or buy the whole bundle. Maybe I'll have better luck with bonuses this time Or, at least, it's more stuff I can give to Preedatore since he constantly gives me gifts via Steam.

Regarding the PS Capcom bundle, does anyone know what would happen if you entered the Strider PS4 code if you have it already from PS Plus?  I know in the past there have been weird issues buying Plus games even if you are no longer a Plus member.  I currently have Plus but will not renew when it runs out later this month.

And syphillis.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOXFAHlP7rc&app=desktop[/youtube]

Regarding the PS Capcom bundle, does anyone know what would happen if you entered the Strider PS4 code if you have it already from PS Plus? I know in the past there have been weird issues buying Plus games even if you are no longer a Plus member. I currently have Plus but will not renew when it runs out later this month.
I've read on multiple forums that you can't add the game while PS Plus is active. You have to contact support so they remove the game, and that doesn't always work.

I've read on multiple forums that you can't add the game while PS Plus is active. You have to contact support so they remove the game, and that doesn't always work.
Cannot say I'm really surprised by that... Sony always seems to do allot of stuff backwards.

That said if I had to call either Sony, MS, or Valve for customer support I would choose Sony in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I've heard that too... I've actually heard that it's even that way after your Plus expires, as Sony won't let you buy a game you "own", even if your expired Plus doesn't let you play it. Sounds like quite the cluster...

Yeah, I've heard that too... I've actually heard that it's even that way after your Plus expires, as Sony won't let you buy a game you "own", even if your expired Plus doesn't let you play it. Sounds like quite the cluster...
That is the case as far as I'm aware. MS actually nailed this problem and simply give you the option to buy the game even while your Gold is active.

I've been able to activate games I "owned" after my Plus expired. Mine had been expired maybe 2 years now so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

you missed Legend of Persia

Crap, cant believe I missed that Deep Silver 2 bundle. I hate it when you miss out on great bundles. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. Its nice to see my patience in regards to Sierra's adventure games paid off. Have almost purchased those games on a crap load of different occasions, but never wound up pulling the trigger. It nice to finally add those classics to my steam library.

Still bummed about missing that Deep Silver bundle.....

Space Grunts is my most played mobile game. I play it at least once a day. That said, Always Sometimes Monsters is the only one of these games I truly feel the need to own.

So I have just one comment about the Sierra bundle (which I moraned): it feels like Sierra is saying, "Sure, we'll give you our latest and greatest reboot in the highest tier, but, what's that, you say, you might be interested in getting the Gabriel Knight 1 overhaul along with all of the older, crappier GK games? Well, f*ck you, buddy!"

Regarding the PS Capcom bundle, does anyone know what would happen if you entered the Strider PS4 code if you have it already from PS Plus? I know in the past there have been weird issues buying Plus games even if you are no longer a Plus member. I currently have Plus but will not renew when it runs out later this month.
Make another account, redeem it on there.

So I have just one comment about the Sierra bundle (which I moraned): it feels like Sierra is saying, "Sure, we'll give you our latest and greatest reboot in the highest tier, but, what's that, you say, you might be interested in getting the Gabriel Knight 1 overhaul along with all of the older, crappier GK games? Well, f*ck you, buddy!"
Gabriel Knight Remaster isn't published by activision..

bread's done
Back