Humble Bundle Thread

The only AC games I would have any interest in playing at this point are the 2D games (despite their mediocre reviews), so this works out well for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to BTA at 3.83. Woooooooooooooo

Too bad I have a spare copy of Assassin's Creed III. Because it's still being offered for free. Oy.

This bundle could have been great if Black Flag and Rogue were in the BTA tier, and Unity and Syndicate were in the $15 tier.

The only ones I'm interested in are Liberation HD and Unity, but I don't know that I want to spend $15 to get Unity.  LOL

EDIT: Also, LOL at not including Revelations, but including ACIII, which Ubi was giving away for free anyways.

I don't think II was in a bundle, was it?
I'm not sure. I've had it on PS3 for quite a while, played it to about 75% completion, got stuck on some mission where you have to stealthily kill 5 dudes, uninstalled it and never looked back. Up to that point I enjoyed it a lot more than trying to control crappy Altair on my PC.

EDIT: Also, LOL at not including Revelations, but including ACIII, which Ubi was giving away for free anyways.
Oh, yeah, I forgot I had III already from the Ubi 30. That is lame.

I was super excited for a few minutes and was ready to come in here thumping my chest about how not buying any AC games has finally paid off. Then I realized there are no Steam keys. Of course everything except the first AC game on Steam requires uPlay anyway, but games are more fun when you have two clients open at once. ;)

My main hesitation with going BTA is that I could see some of these games being given away as monthly freebies throughout the year.

edit - I forgot AC III was free last month.

kind of nice if you previously bought AC games in bundle or on sale, since you didn't get the chronicles, liberation, or the AC3 DLC usually.  But yeah, really, really weird that black flag and syndicate are nowhere.  Ironically syndicate gold has been cheapest on ps4 in the past few months, haven't yet seen the PC gold sell for under $27 yet.

yeah I could definitely see liberation and chronicles given away as uplay freebies so does kinda make it weird to pay $4 for basically the AC3 dlc and extra copies of Ac1 & 2

Also it looks like ONLY the first DLC for AC3 is included, The Infamy.  There are two more story chapters for it and I think you would have to buy them, its not clear from the wording on humble

Seems decent if you don't have anything other than stuff that was in earlier Ubi bundles like the China game and Ass I and II.

It seems incomplete, though. Aren't there about four games missing? Rogue? IV? Black Flag?

$4 for III+DLC, the other two Chronicles and Liberation doesn't seem terrible.
Its missing all the games that would make me want this.

Rogue, Black Flag, Revelations and Syndicate. I know including Syndicate would've been a stretch, but I would've bit at a $30 tier or something if it had included it.

I might have wanted III if it wasn't free on Ubi last month.

To everyone who's complaining about the missing games, they have to have stuff left over for the second Assassin's Creed Humble, you know!

Not the worst but not the best they could've done. The Chronicles games are great for a buck. BTA tier is eh. III is fucking trash and recently free. II is one of the best and Liberation isn't bad.

The $15 tier can go fuck itself.

I have most of it so not bothering, but everyone should buck in and try the Chronicles titles. They're not revolutionary but the art style is fascinating and the gameplay (espc in China and Russia) is strong.

No surprise they are not offering Rogue, Black Flag, Freedom Cry, and Syndicate. Surprising Revelations isn't in it. If it was BTA I'd probably have jumped on it just to have that as its the only one I dont own.

Meh, I'll wait for the inevitable Humble Assassins Creed Reloaded Bundle to see if they at least include Black Flag.

Got ACIII for free, already own the first one and the 2D games are subpar (and some of them were already bundled). I'd be interested in II and Brotherhood but there's no way I'm gonna pay $15 for those two games, heck they could even be offered for free in the future.

No surprise they are not offering Rogue, Black Flag, Freedom Cry, and Syndicate. Surprising Revelations isn't in it. If it was BTA I'd probably have jumped on it just to have that as its the only one I dont own.
Those all should be in a higher tier above $15, if they wanted to add those.

Those are all very recent + actually most of those are really good AC games, except Revelations.

EDIT:

Newb here, these games are uPlay only and no steam? Just checking
Uplay only, no Steam.

Just like what EA does normally with Origin-service (at 3rd party retailers; 3rd party digital distributors; etc), Ubi always promotes their service first.

If you want Steam-versions of Ubi games, you'll have to get them directly via Steam.

And often, the Steam-versions for Ubi games will cost more b/c they likely have to also kick Valve at least 30% of the sales.

I am starting to not mind Uplay so much [shutter] when playing Siege, well when it works.  But I am still only putting $1 in since I have As III and Brotherhood on PS3 (not to mention III for free).  And Liberation and Unity neither look too good.  I am sure by the time I finish what I haven't already, but own (Brotherhood, [revelation if I can get the disk to install] III and IV) these others will be had for cheaper. 

Assassin's Creed sucks
original.gif

Wow, I just noticed AC III has multiple King Washington chapters. I figured it would include all of 'em, but nope, it only has one. Thanks a friggin' lot, Ubi.

Wow, I just noticed AC III has multiple King Washington chapters. I figured it would include all of 'em, but nope, it only has one. Thanks a friggin' lot, Ubi.
Well, like you said earlier, they're probably saving the other two for the Humble Assassins Creed Redux Bundle.

"Here is half the dlc for the game we are offering for free elsewhere but we want you to pay for here"
Well, if you want to be pedantic about it (and you know I do), it's one-third of the story DLC. There's also item crap. The second and third parts of this are $10 and $8, respectively, on Steam (and I'm assuming the prices are on parity or close on uPlay), so if you want them, you'll need to wait for Humble AC Part Deux or shell out some big bucks.

Well, if you want to be pedantic about it (and you know I do), it's one-third of the story DLC. There's also item crap. The second and third parts of this are $10 and $8, respectively, on Steam (and I'm assuming the prices are on parity or close on uPlay), so if you want them, you'll need to wait for Humble AC Part Deux or shell out some big bucks.
It's cheaper for me to buy them on GamersGate Latinamerica. Each part is about five bucks, I can wait a while. :p

Not disagreeing that it's crap or even pedantic, didn't realize there were three parts of dlc...but I do love that on CAG 18 dollars is considered "big bucks"

In the years this thread has been going on, I cannot remember a game bundle getting a more apathetic response than the Humble GameDev Bundle has garnered.

Korney:
As I mentioned before, PICO-8 was in a StoryBundle last year in the low tier with some books. Don't remember how much the low tier was. Might have been $5.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

I'm going to say

Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla EX)

Demetrios

Duck Game

Layers of Fear

Pillars of Eternity

Tabpole Treble

Vermintide

Possibly replacing Cursed Castilla with some random EA game I don't know anything about. The only one I feel will be in it is Layers of Fear since that has been on sale everywhere recently. Why not bundle it after being on sale for a cheap price?

I'm going to say

Demetrios

Duck Game

Layers of Fear

Pillars of Eternity

Tabpole Treble

Vermintide

Possibly replacing Cursed Castilla with some random EA game I don't know anything about. The only one I feel will be in it is Layers of Fear since that has been on sale everywhere recently. Why not bundle it after being on sale for a cheap price?
Duck Game would be great, been waiting for a good sale on that but it's never been better than 50% off

I'm going to say

Demetrios

Duck Game

Layers of Fear

Pillars of Eternity

Tabpole Treble

Vermintide

Cursed Castilla better not be in the monthly. I bought it during the winter sale. Hoping for Armikrog, Super Dungeon Bros, Hyper Light Drifter, Stories, or Videoball.

I'm thinking a Warhammer-themed bundle: Warhammer 40K: Kill Team, Total War: Warhammer, Warhammer 40K: Death Watch, Warhammer 40K: Regicide, Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade, and Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War III. 

You're all likely right about the Pillars guess of my own....likely a headliner....so instead replace that with that weird cyberpunk game that groupees had in that limited $10 tier of that one bundle.

You're all likely right about the Pillars guess of my own....likely a headliner....so instead replace that with that weird cyberpunk game that groupees had in that limited $10 tier of that one bundle.
Well if anyone/thing can make me regret spending a poopees coin, it'd be humble bundle, so you're probably right.

Blacksea Odyssey is making the rounds right now again when Groupees bundled it first in a Be Mine bundle. The main rule is if Groupees bundles a game, will only be time till others do...sometimes sooner rather than later. This doesn't apply to their eroges though...those have a special rule haha and Jast USA seems to like Groupees more, while Mangagamer seems to favor IG.

Damn XCOM 2 next months early, I know you all are getting it for FEB lol

Trails in the Sky? Jotun? Pretty RPG Centric, I like....

bread's done
Back