Humble Bundle Thread

well fuck it's a good thing i grabbed 2k17 from WGS when i had the chance...
photo-15431.jpg

Yeah, I never bought Armello because it was in a vote for PS+ games and the dumbass masses chose Grow Home, which is like 6 dollars normally anyway. Just waited for a bundle.

Was also waiting for Hyper Light Drifter to be bundled, so I'm pretty alright with this. I'll play that Sherlock game too.

That said... I don't see HLD anywhere in my keys. Everything else is there.

Also pass on next month. Already have POE (it is great) and fuckin ZERO interest in Sportsball.

Yeah, I never bought Armello because it was in a vote for PS+ games and the dumbass masses chose Grow Home, which is like 6 dollars normally anyway. Just waited for a bundle.

Was also waiting for Hyper Light Drifter to be bundled, so I'm pretty alright with this. I'll play that Sherlock game too.

That said... I don't see HLD anywhere in my keys. Everything else is there.

Also pass on next month. Already have POE (it is great) and fuckin ZERO interest in Sportsball.
you have to choose which version to get of HLD, its above where you get your keys

you have to choose which version to get of HLD, its above where you get your keys
There's nothing above the keys. I found it, though, you have to go to "purchases" and select Humble Monthly, then it shows the option.

e: Oh, the other keys are below it there, but I was looking at when you select your account and then "Keys".

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing above the keys. I found it, though, you have to go to "purchases" and select Humble Monthly, then it shows the option.

e: Oh, the other keys are below it there, but I was looking at when you select your account and then "Keys".
It wouldn't show up in keys because you would have to choose for it to be a key first.

Except the comic book and DRM free game.
I thought those were late April Fool's jokes.

For real, though, of course those aren't keys because they aren't on Steam. HLD is. It's not that strange to just assume that they give you a key for it like the rest of the things that are on Steam.

I was pretty unhappy with myself that I forgot to pause for this month but getting HLD in the bundle helps ease that pain quite a bit.

I thought those were late April Fool's jokes.

For real, though, of course those aren't keys because they aren't on Steam. HLD is. It's not that strange to just assume that they give you a key for it like the rest of the things that are on Steam.
I think we can all agree that they need to stop this choose nonsense and just give us both a Steam key and a DRM free copy like they used to. I'd like to meet someone who actually chooses DRM Free (not really).

Pretty happy with Dark Souls 2 and HLD for $12, since I almost paid $9-10 for HLD during steam sale, glad I held off.

Locking in for next month too... 2 solid headliners for $12.

I almost bought Kero Blaster and HLD during the sale.  I did buy Gal Civ 3 gold but I already had it anyway, that was just the cheapest way to get DLC.   Another great monthly. 

I like this monthly.  It would have seemed pretty good without the headliner, really.

And unlike most here, I think Simpleplanes might be the first I'll play.  I came really close to buying it during the sale.

Meh, not a bad bundle. Not sure how good next month's bundle will be due to the cost of the headliners adding up to about $105 MSRP already...

Meh, not a bad bundle. Not sure how good next month's bundle will be due to the cost of the headliners adding up to about $105 MSRP already...
Yeah I figure the rest of the games aren't going to be very good since the headliner value is high. Seems whenever this happens, the rest of the bundle suffers as a result.. so it's more of a gamble.

[sorry, wrong thread.. I found the trading one]

Want:  

hyperlight drifter (steam key)

Armello (steam key)

Have: 

(steam keys)

Westerado: Double Barreled

Kentucky Route Zero

Goat Simulator

Steamworld Heist

Neon Drive

Black Mesa

Event [0]

Layers of Fear

Okhlos

Project Highrise

Ryse: Son of Rome

or fair $ price via paypal

Pretty happy with the bundle, been wanting another Sherlock Holmes game forever (but they've been keeping the prices above $10), SimplePlanes has been or was on my wishlist, and that Humble Original actually sounds pretty cool. 

Oh and extra happy that next month has PoE and NBA 2k17, been pushing back buying PoE forever. NBA 2k17 another one I thought of getting but with 18 coming out soonish figured would hold off, so now can get at least a month or two of slightly updated basketball before newer slightly updated basketball. 

I skipped this one and I'm not unhappy with that decision. There are a couple of games revealed that were on my wishlist, but nothing that I would consider to be a high priority.

On the other hand, the reactions I see in this thread are mostly that people are happy they subbed or happy that they didn't, so it worked out well for most, I guess.

I'm all about that August bundle though, I'm a sucker for decent sports games and I've been waiting on POE for forever. I'm hearing that POE is the base version, which is slightly a bummer because the DLC seems to be well-regarded. But it also seems unlikely that the complete version will ever be bundled, so I'll take it.

tbh i'm not too worried about it. There really doesn't seem to be any consistency so far in terms of reveal quality that's correlated with the quality of the early reveal games, and the total msrp of the bundles differ a lot. This last one had a msrp of over 200...doubt they do that again, but if they get to 170 or so they can easily find a few games of decent quality that don't cost much. I won't really need much more to be happy with next month's bundle though...even if you don't want either of the headliners you can probably pretty easily sell them individually to at least get your money back, if not make a small profit.

Huh. Simpleplanes is actually a rebundle.

From Groupees.
While funny, I can't imagine too many CAGs bought that bundle. I know I skipped it, it was a terrible bundle outside of Venetica being decent.. but it got bundled before it hit Groupees (by IG I think).

While funny, I can't imagine too many CAGs bought that bundle. I know I skipped it, it was a terrible bundle outside of Venetica being decent.. but it got bundled before it hit Groupees (by IG I think).
Yeah, I skipped it but ended up being given a copy by Groupees support.

And Venetica was part of what might have been the best IG bundle ever.

Not sure why all the meh, looks like a solid bundle for me. Armello and Sherlock are on my wish list, Hyper Light Drifter is of interest to me. Also played a lot of GalCiv back in the day. Almost regret canceling this month.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Hrm.

Should I sell my retail Pillars of Eternity box? :p Anyone know what version of the game it unlocks?
The retail box redeems the base game, plus 4 items from the Royal Edition (High Resolution Game Map, Original Soundtrack, Ringtones & Wallpapers). I'm guessing the OST would be the highlight for you in that group.

Kind of wanted Armello and Hyper Light Drifter looks okay but, overall, probably not a bundle I'd have paid $12 for... Still, a solid value but I'm passing on Dark Souls 2 in favor of 3.  Have no interest in the new lead games.

NBA 2K17 + Pillars of Eternity are next month's headliners.
Damn, I still ain't even touched NBA 2K16 (owned), nevermind 2K17 (don't own).

Ain't even done anything w/ my copy of Pillars.

EDIT:

I think we can all agree that they need to stop this choose nonsense and just give us both a Steam key and a DRM free copy like they used to.
Amen.

The retail box redeems the base game, plus 4 items from the Royal Edition (High Resolution Game Map, Original Soundtrack, Ringtones & Wallpapers). I'm guessing the OST would be the highlight for you in that group.
Eh, you can get that stuff on Steam too, with the upgrade packs that are hidden from the store page 'cause Paradox is a dick.

I listed the box on eBay. If it sells, I'll get this instead.

I'm definitely going to try to sell the games I didn't like from this bundle. Armello is definitely not my thing. Not with that insane amount of DLC.

I don't recognize the avatar so he might actually be one if those people who play their steam purchases... 2 hours can go fast in the right game. (Or so I hear.)
You don't recognize Tad Ghostal, one of the greatest talk show hosts of all time and space?

Armello is definitely not my thing. Not with that insane amount of DLC.
Uhhh, there are only 4 DLC packs for this game that's been out almost 2 years, and 2 of them are just the OST and some board skins. I'm not sure I'd call that "insane".

bread's done
Back