Humble Bundle Thread

This is all we had to know:

Wazzaaaaap dudes, a phat new bundle's in town, and this means war. Score sick games like Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Digital Deluxe Edition, Day of Infamy Deluxe Edition, 8-Bit Armies, and more. Your friends'll be all, oh snap, these gamez are the bomb.

In for the $1 tier because of Mercenary Kings and because the Gloria Victis game in the BTA tier only makes me long for an "All In The Family" walking simulator. Why someone hasn't made that yet is astonishing to me.

Luckily once you own one 8bit game you can get the rest a lot cheaper during a steam sale, they usually discount their whole games bundle and you can complete it with the rest of the series. However the bundle that does not include the OST's seems to come and go, so you could be forced into paying the ridiculous 4$ or whatever per soundtrack they want. Usually on release of a new installment though they would discount the whole bundle, plus offer a discount on the new one on top of it, making a brand new game very cheap to round out the 8bit collection

Also there's an incentive to owning each of them. Whichever installments you own get incorporated into skirmish and online modes. So you can have maps from 8bit invaders while playing with units from hordes for example.  There is also a whole 'multiverse' campaign that crosses between them

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the 8 bit series because they reminds me my favorite RTS series. Need them all. I would've bought this one alone at that price.

Haha, no. They'll just shutter the game. Well, first they'll put it in a lengthy maintenance mode where it's not being updated and just sits idle for six months to a year and announce that it's ending on [date], then they'll shutter it. They're not going to waste resources making a dead game playable offline.
A dude can dream, can't he? ;)

While I doubt it'll happen, since most MMO's (or MMO-lite's, for that matter here) likely just get the plug pulled and that's the end - but I do feel what they created for content goes to waste.

It's sad that since I solo'd most of the campaign here, I just can't play it at my own whim offline. Most of what's there that matters here, it feels like I can do solo - namely the main missions and side missions. Not the public events, raids, strikes, Crucible stuff though - but most might not really do that stuff until they finish the Campaign and hit higher levels (except for public events).

Companies should really think about having a "offline switch" in place, just in case nobody plays their game online when it's active and/or when the game has its time where everybody quits for whatever reason - with ways for the players to control "bots/AI/party members" if needed, for these games where you can solo most of the main components of the game.

Hell, it's nice to see games like HG: London still kick around b/c the game had both online and offline modes. For modern games, it's nice that GR: Wildlands was built in such a way to be played either offline or online by gamers, as there's bots that can be the other 2 guys in my party.

Now this, this is a bad bundle. Remember when Insurgency was free for 3 friends?

Humble War Gamez Bundle

$1

• Panzer Corps
  • Panzer Corps: Allied Corps DLC
  • Mercenary Kings: Reloaded Edition
  • Insurgency

BTA

• Day of Infamy Deluxe Edition
  • Gloria Victis
  • 8-Bit Armies

$10

• Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Deluxe Edition
  • $2 Humble Wallet for Monthly Subscribers
The BTA tier for the current $4.27 is amazing value. You're all FAKE NEWS! Losers.

Haha, no. They'll just shutter the game. Well, first they'll put it in a lengthy maintenance mode where it's not being updated and just sits idle for six months to a year and announce that it's ending on [date], then they'll shutter it. They're not going to waste resources making a dead game playable offline.
I feel like you're forgetting who you're talking to here.

Good game.  I played it for several hours although put it aside and never got back to it.  My only issue is with the raft controls.  Overall it plays like an easier/more narrative focus of Don't Starve.

You excited for State of Decay 2 later this month?
Not really because: 1) The developers are in bed with microsoft so it'll be a three or so month delay coming to Steam; 2) the developers are kind of twats teasing this game for nearly two years with little to no footage until the eleventh hour; and 3) there's so many white-knights that defend the devs on the Steam forums it's infuriating.

First game had many flaws and I'm not entirely sure the second addresses them adequately or adds much other than ZOMG CO-OP. I'll give them credit, though, they are only charging $30 instead of $60. Of course I get the feeling there will be multiple DLC and then another 'YEAR ONE' edition forcing you to re-buy the game like they did with SoD1.

Also, it's moot since I am waiting until July/August to see if the Nvidia 1100 series rears its head and currently don't have a GPU.

TLDR: Will wait for 50% off sale.

Edit: Oh wow... they already have 2 DLC named and planned -- you can buy the $50++++ SUPER DELUXE EDITION to get them at a 'reasonable' price. Yeah, I'll be waiting for the bundled GOTY edition.

Not really because: 1) The developers are in bed with microsoft so it'll be a three or so month delay coming to Steam; 2) the developers are kind of twats teasing this game for nearly two years with little to no footage until the eleventh hour; and 3) there's so many white-knights that defend the devs on the Steam forums it's infuriating.

First game had many flaws and I'm not entirely sure the second addresses them adequately or adds much other than ZOMG CO-OP. I'll give them credit, though, they are only charging $30 instead of $60. Of course I get the feeling there will be multiple DLC and then another 'YEAR ONE' edition forcing you to re-buy the game like they did with SoD1.

Also, it's moot since I am waiting until July/August to see if the Nvidia 1100 series rears its head and currently don't have a GPU.

TLDR: Will wait for 50% off sale.

Edit: Oh wow... they already have 2 DLC named and planned -- you can buy the $50++++ SUPER DELUXE EDITION to get them at a 'reasonable' price. Yeah, I'll be waiting for the bundled GOTY edition.
Why don't you just do the Gamepass deal?

If anyone was going to subscribe to the 12 month plan  and wanted to get the $25 humble store credit

You have till tomorrow at 11:59PM PST to do so.

Luckily I just checked, cause I thought it was till the 31st.  I would have been kicking myself if I missed it, since my sub just expired.

I think I'm going to use  my $25 credit on GTA V while it's on sale for $27, since I don't ever think it will be in a bundle  or cheap anytime soon.

There is currently a promotion going on for the Humble Spring Sale where you log into the Humble Store once a day to collect stamps that can then be redeemed for rewards. If you collect 3 stamps, you can get the game Millenium: A New Hope for free. If you collect 5 stamps, you can get the game Whispering Willows for free. This week's rewards run through 5/17, and then I assume there will be a new set of rewards. The promotion started on 5/10, so I've already earned two stamps.

In order for your log-in to count to earn a stamp, you have to log-in to the Humble Store, not Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

So, with Sea of Thieves (since it and State of Decay are both part of gamepass) people were able to buy cheap trials to gamepass (I think $2 on shady keys) and then when you try to cancel it was offering another free month. So you could essentially get 2 months of game pass for $2-3. Play the game and then cancel.

Just get free trial codes and create new accounts for free 'unlimited' gamepass. I think gamereactor has free trial on most of their sites, soo you can farm there.

So, with Sea of Thieves (since it and State of Decay are both part of gamepass) people were able to buy cheap trials to gamepass (I think $2 on shady keys) and then when you try to cancel it was offering another free month. So you could essentially get 2 months of game pass for $2-3. Play the game and then cancel.
Oh, I didn't even know they still had those 'rental' type things for games, anymore. I try to avoid jumping through too many hoops like that. I don't have any problems waiting. I've been pretty busy with work the last several months and will be for the foreseeable future. Also by the time I pull the trigger on a new GPU I'll have a sizable backlog of stuff I acquired but have been unable to play.

$1 is good but I already own Rampage Knights and only really sort-of want Tumblestone.  Mid-tier is meh.  Rocket League should be in mid/BTA tiers by now.

Hover is finally bundled at long last. Some folks here did get it free from an Alienware Arena promo a while back, but this is still a good deal. I was expecting it to appear in a monthly first. It is the closest thing to a PC version of Jet Set Radio Future.

Saw Hover and got excited for a moment.

2nJeSRO.jpg

Completely talking out of my *** but I have a feeling that Rocket League will be going F2P soon.

Seeing it as the top tier gives me that H1Z1 monthly headliner-vibe.

I think I'm gonna pause my subscription for this month. I have no desire to play a portion of Destiny 2 and they haven't teased anything else. It's gonna take a few good early reveals to get me back on board for this monthly.

Isn't this the first time in a couple of months they haven't teased any additional games?

Either they suck. Or they're really awesome so that I totally regret pausing. :ziplip:

bread's done
Back