Humble Bundle Thread

The most egregious bundles are the ones that actually exist.

Only 20% of the current bundles involve video games, by the way. One is a paid bundle on how to operate a free OS distro, and the other is about cats. IGN wants you to pay them for literature about cats, because there weren't enough pictures and videos of cats being cute on the internet that you could watch for free and reading about cats is clearly superior to that anyway.

Only 20% of the current bundles involve video games, by the way. One is a paid bundle on how to operate a free OS distro, and the other is about cats. IGN wants you to pay them for literature about cats, because there weren't enough pictures and videos of cats being cute on the internet that you could watch for free and reading about cats is clearly superior to that anyway.
Um. Yes. People buy books about cats. And other things. Why is this surprising?

"I'm sure glad they extended that two-week D&D comics bundle by another day." - No one, ever

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea why the CI bundle is running for two weeks but I completely forgot about getting the $1 tier until I checked today so I am somewhat ok with it.

IG is pretty much consistently 3 bundles a week. Too bad they're bundling the lowest of the low now it seems. The last bundle is garbage and quantity over any quality.

Fanatical is OK, but too many rebundles kills me there, though I get some of them sometimes. The latest Nemesis Bundle was not great in my eyes....think I wanted like one of the non rebundled games.

Honestly it's just Humble monthlies mainly for me, though I do have an IG subscription for now. I may cancel that once my credit for that runs out. 

I've been noticing way more pre-order deals being placed front-and-center on all these sites. It looks like the days of PC gaming being immune to the economics of console gaming were short numbered.

I've been noticing way more pre-order deals being placed front-and-center on all these sites. It looks like the days of PC gaming being immune to the economics of console gaming were short numbered.
nah discounts on preorders of PC games have been around for a while

console games just get some dumbass gold-plated gun or something for preordering.

Digital cookbooks: For the chef is is clearly using a computer, but is too lazy to just google the recipe.
I know you were just being snarky, but in all honesty, sometimes having a book is better than Google. I often go through a cookbook to get ideas of what to make. Sure, if I specifically know I want to make pot roast, I can Google 'Pioneer Woman pot roast', but sometimes, I dont even know that. So it's good to thumb (tab?) through a book just to spur the mind.

BTW: We have a hardcopy of that Cake Pops book.

Digital cookbooks are cool.  I mean I like to google stuff from time to time, but it's nice to have a themed collection of stuff sometimes as opposed to just googling something.  Google has the added benefit of ratings on recipes, but honestly even the highest rated recipes tend to be hit or miss for me.  Ebooks are also formatted better for tablet use.  

Why do I have to scroll past 10 advertisements on my key page?  When did that become normal?

Why do I have to scroll past 10 advertisements on my key page? When did that become normal?
Just try to unsubscribe from the Monthly. There's like 10 pages of "Are you sure?" "Are you really really sure?" "Are you really really sure, no kidding?" It's annoying.

Just try to unsubscribe from the Monthly. There's like 10 pages of "Are you sure?" "Are you really really sure?" "Are you really really sure, no kidding?" It's annoying.
crying_peon.png

Pro-tip: If you go to your Settings page and remove your Paypal account from Payment Information, it'll unsubscribe you immediately.

Super Blood Hockey looks interesting, I guess.  Not BTA interesting, but still.

Note that it looks like Sega Bass Fishing and Eastside Hockey Manager are redeemed by the same key.

can you still dollar in on humblebundle?

cuz right now when i try to boost the amount of my order it doesn't show how much i have to pay to get BTA 

:oldman:  :oldman:  :oldman:

this is the screen i get now 

j4hABII.jpg

ynUq46tvXT8w9Q9Q1QQV8E6UnWc=.gif

-----------

I put ~8 hours into Super Blood Hockey until I had my fill. Controls are floaty and passing isn't as reliable as you'd hope, but it's still a fun little arcade hockey game. I've always been nostalgic towards Ice Hockey on the NES and this reminded me a lot of that.

And Sega Bass Fishing... if you aren't playing with the Dreamcast Fishing Rod controller, why even bother?

I could be wrong on this but I think you have to beat the BTA at whatever it is when you increase the order, not when you ordered it.
yea i know it was 4.66+ to get the BTA when i dollared in so i have to add 3.67 to get the BTA

-------------------------- edit ----------------------

just boosted my order up 4.67 total and got the bta

but damn its so shady now next time i need to take a pic of what the bta price was :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

What an awful bundle.  At first I thought, well this is just a reflection of sports games on PC, but nope, just another shitty bundle by shitty humble.  Blood Hockey is great BTW.  It's like the NES hockey game you always wanted.  Quick and exciting.  Fights.  Funny little story bits.  Highly recommended. I got it free from a twitter give away.  Don't think I'd say it's worth the full BTA price because we're CAGs, but I would recommend it on sale.  

The bundle doesn't seem that bad to me (maybe its just the low BTA or low expectations I dunno).

I like sports management sims and don't have any of the hockey ones, so can't complain there even though there are newer ones. Motorsport Manager is very fun to play if you have any interest in a racing management simulator (would even say its worth the cost of BTA tier for those that enjoy management sims), Blood Hockey is probably worth the $1 and change it averages out to, and although Dirt Rally has been in bundles before it hasn't been this cheap and someone might still not have it.

I know sports management sims are a niche thing, but don't think I've seen Motorsport Manager or Blood Hockey in any cheaper bundles so far.

yea i know it was 4.66+ to get the BTA when i dollared in so i have to add 3.67 to get the BTA

-------------------------- edit ----------------------

just boosted my order up 4.67 total and got the bta

but damn its so shady now next time i need to take a pic of what the bta price was :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:
Has this changed? In the past it always locked in the bta price at whatever it was when you purchased. You could enter $0 for the amount to increase it by and it would say something like increase by $x.xx to get all the content to see how much you needed to add.

bread's done
Back