Humble Bundle Thread

Unlocks for this month are laughable and continue to demonstrate that humble is breaking its rule about not having games in monthly previously bundled. While the overall MSRP value is supposedly higher than last couple of months, plenty of people have pointed out the many of the games have been heavily discounted. Overall, yes I got $12 worth of games but feel meh about the unlocks. Sorry but I could easily curate better.

Regarding December, this is tough for me as I admit that MGS is a highly praised game and Cities Skyline is a well received city builder. Both have been cheap/discounted. MGS even had a couple of GMG bundles (one for $4 which had all 3 games) lately that should have told me not to buy and wait for the humble bundle.

I was hoping that December would have had a better early unlock i.e. Dying Light, Hellblade, something. No Mans Sky will be later as the updates have helped the game. Here is hoping that the unlocks for December are good and that we have a great winter sale.
The "rule" about no rebundles in the monthly was broken by the second monthly.

Given that many bundle sites have gone away and what's left isn't nearly as good as the old days, I think game makers and publishers don't see as much value in indie bundles as they used to. It is why you see a lot more repeats, lesser quality games and such. Bundles have mostly run its course.
What? Of course not. It's all IGN's fault.

Some of the surprise unlocks have been mediocre/re-bundles. Resident Evil Revelations was already bundled before, for example. American Truck Simulator last month was a nice one though. And definitely surprised Just Cause 3 hasn't appeared in a Monthly yet, given Square Enix's tendency to put their games in them.

I hope that Yakuza 0 is one of the headliners for a future month soon-ish. Probably too new though. Have any games published by Microsoft ended up in a Monthly yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the surprise unlocks have been mediocre/re-bundles. Resident Evil Revelations was already bundled before, for example. American Truck Simulator last month was a nice one though. And definitely surprised Just Cause 3 hasn't appeared in a Monthly yet, given Square Enix's tendency to put their games in them.

I hope that Yakuza 0 is one of the headliners for a future month soon-ish. Probably too new though. Have any games published by Microsoft ended up in a Monthly yet?
Quantum Break.

Can't wait to find our what the next three games are in two weeks.  You just know this is a "Oh, crap... we need to lure them in with some more games" sort of Monthly.

damn really? it's only 7 years old man, should've waited for a bundle #fakecag
I'm currently on page 3 of 10 of my review that I know you're all dying to hear. I'm making sure to include all the important info like vramz and the optimal hertz and refresh rate. If I have time I may write another review on the content dlc too.

Humble Warhammer Bundle

$1+:

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition

Talisman: Digital Edition

Talisman - The Blood Moon Expansion

Talisman - The Harbinger Expansion

Talisman - The Sacred Pool Expansion

BTA:

Wahammer: End Times - Vermintide

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Collection

Blood Bowl 2

$12+:

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Stromdorf

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Vermintide 1 has been bundled so many times already. Should have been in the dollar tier. Somehow I don't have it but not sure if there's any point of having it now, as a multiplayer heavy game with a low player count that's been replaced by a sequel. I'm guessing the second one is going to be a headliner for a Humble Monthly soon, given that's how the bundling journey of the first game began.

Humble Warhammer Bundle

$1+:
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition
Talisman: Digital Edition
Talisman - The Blood Moon Expansion
Talisman - The Harbinger Expansion
Talisman - The Sacred Pool Expansion

BTA:
Wahammer: End Times - Vermintide
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Collection
Blood Bowl 2

$12+:
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Stromdorf
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Talisman without the season pass... Hell-to-the-no...

DoW3 was an early monthly unlock with quantum break and the long dark.

Tried the beta some time ago and was... Good. Still hasn't played the final version

Reminder that might not interest anyone, but whatever:

If you bought the November Monthly, you got a coupon code for 20% off Hollow Knight merchandise at Fangamer.  This expires Sunday (11/11).  It does work with the currently running free shipping promotion.

So, is Dawn of War 3 any good?
Meh. Its somewhat tempting to get so I have a free code to give to a friend so I'd have someone to play with. The game is just flawed in so many ways. If only I hadn't bought blood bowl 2 last summer sale.

So if you own none of the MGS games and activate the 3 Humble keys, do you get a gift copy of TPP too? Or do you have to own TPP from Steam or a different key?
Turns out that you do not get a gift copy of TPP if you already own TPP and activate the DLC key. :wall:

EDIT: Looks like the package was changed. There's at least one person on Reddit claiming their gift copy disappeared from their inventory, although that seems unlikely.

Grabbed the $15 tier on the Back to the 80's comic bundle this morning. Other than the Archie bundle, it's the first one where I actually recognize the characters, so it was a no-brainer for me.

Humble Dystopian Survival Bundle

I somehow only have Orwell, so this a good bundle for me, though it'd be a lot better if the highest tier weren't so expensive.  BTA tanked pretty fast, too. EDIT: Shot back up pretty quickly.

PWYW:

Tokyo 42

Trust

Beholder

Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You

BTA:

Orwell: Ignorance is Strength

Rain World

60 Seconds!

15+:

>observer_

$2 Humble Wallet Credit

If they were a bit cheaper I would honestly have got the Hollow Knight pins.  I used to collect both lapel pins and shot glasses (no idea why in either case) and I still look for them if I go to a stadium, national park, somewhere else interesting that I have not visited before and they have them.  But it is completely pointless, arguably even worse than backlogging since this shit takes up actual room and I don't do anything with them. 

Not bad, 3 games from wish list, another that looks interesting and got a tab at $3.98.  Low enough to keep me from being tempted by Observer until it is cheaper.

BTA tier is solid. Surprised to see Tokyo 42 in the base tier. 5 games on the wishlist for $4.68 seems good to me. Observer is on there too, but I can't really justify another $10.

Was waiting for 60 Seconds to be bundled but have no interest in the rest of that stuff. I'm sure it'll be $2.50 solo in some upcoming Steam sale. Or rebundled.

1 key in the $15 tier makes this lackluster, but the other 2derp4moob games sound promising. In for some overly-pretentious head scratching designs for a few bucks.

I'm feeling old and that only a few select few will understand "Tebow" references. I'm trying to freshen up material a bit.... Maybe more like a wee dram....
Only a few will get the Tebow reference. Like and share if you get the Tebow reference but do not explain the Tebow reference.

Humble flagged my account for fraud again. Amazing how shitty and pretentious their service is. Who actually asked them to make buying two bundles at once flag their fraud system, which makes you verify an email, which makes you enter your cell number to receive a text to input just to have them fucking manually review it?

Nursery dumpster fire burning feces trash heap of a site.

Humble flagged my account for fraud again. Amazing how shitty and pretentious their service is. Who actually asked them to make buying two bundles at once flag their fraud system, which makes you verify an email, which makes you enter your cell number to receive a text to input just to have them fucking manually review it?

Nursery dumpster fire burning feces trash heap of a site.
Sorry... I asked them. It's my fault.

giphy.gif

Humble is making it harder and harder for me to blow my entire paycheck on Black Friday with these weekly bundles that include games that I maybe sort of wanted.

Humble trying to coax me into subbing to the monthly for a year to get Pathfinder: Kingmaker. They'd have to offer a lot more than that to trick me into a year long sub.

While I like the thought of PathFinder and I think that Humble was offering Kingdom Come Deliverance prior, I have to agree.  I already had signed up last year for the annual sub and I have watched the quality of bundles take a signficant hit.  Sorry, but the idea of no games left does not fly with me as all of us could list games that would be good in a bundle whether it be a weekly or monthly.  I think that the monthly bundles currently are still worth the $12 price tag especially compared to the majority of weekly bundles at $12.  However, it is a roll of the dice.  The good news is that at this point in time we still can sell of what we do not want.

bread's done
Back