Humble Bundle Thread

Guess a dollar tier for me. I did review a Hypnospace Outlaw in a post here on the forum. I can dig it up if anyone wants me to repost that, but in general I thought the game was interesting, short, but otherwise overrated. I'm generally a harsher critic, but it just was OK. Just out of curiosity is Starbound good? I'm not touching that tier, but more for if I'll play it sometime in the future.

Edit: Spoilered my thoughts after finishing Hypnospace Outlaw for potential bundle buyers.

Finished up Hypnospace Outlaw with a little help for the last chapter before the epilogue. Still more stuff to do, but I'm kind of getting bored of it, so likely will abandon soon. This took about 7 hours. First of all the aesthetics are really cool and feel like you are exploring websites from the 90s. The UI is extremely clunky and has sometimes hard to see graphics and fonts and such.  This is mainly one of those games were you try to solve issues by searching for stuff and using the tools the game provides you in a custom OS. It's a one of a kind experience, but most of the time it felt like a 2deep4me type game. Some stuff is very obscure to find and such as well. I was stumped for about an hour and a half at the end and needed a hint from a guide because I just wasn't seeing anything to help me get to the next part. Frankly I would wait till this is bundled and likely on the lower ends of the bundle pricing. Would give it a 6/10 for being unique and decently interesting, but really it's forgettable. I think I had more fun playing Emily is Away and I need to play that games sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you still allowed to buy the $1 tier and later pay the BTA price you locked in like in the good old days?

I've got a tab with the BTA at $6.52.  What was the starting BTA price?  I missed the start by a few minutes.

Gato Roboto is a lot of fun and I recommend it for anyone slightly interested in a throwback Metroid style game. But you'll probably need to use one of the in-game filters, the default color scheme has so much contrast it caused some eyestrain for me and that's almost never been an issue for me other than Return of the Obra Dinn.

shit bundle
$1 tier looks good. Looks like that'll be what I wind-up with.

Hyper Light Drifter and Moonlighter were freebies from the Tim Sweeney Epic Store.

$15 is too much for Starbound & Hypospace Outlaw. Would've been better if the full bundle was $10 or this was all in the BTA.

Pretty sad bundle for the big 'anniversary' celebration.  Hotline Miami, Dustforce, and even Starbound are pretty dated by now.

The support page has UPlay symbols next to a bunch of those games. I'd just assume it was an error if it was next to all of them, but it's not next to Beat Cop, for example.

Also interesting - no DRM free copy of Hyper Light Drifter is listed. I thought DRM free copies was part of the deal with the Indie Bundles.
It certainly used to be—Steam and DRM free versions, and games that could be played on any of the three major OSes.

Now we’ve got an HIB with at least two games that have no DRM free versions and at least one that’s Windows only. I mean, Humble sold out whatever convictions they once had years ago, but it’s still kinda pathetic to be celebrating a ten year anniversary while flaunting that fact.

At least there’s no UPlay.

How long has Humble been preventing people from adjusting the split to developers?

I haven't bought a bundle in a long time.

Sliders are working for me in chrome. What are you trying to buy?
What it used to look like.

slidersimg.jpg

What it now looks like.

Humble-Bundle-where-money-goes.jpg

Can't find a picture of the old interface expanded.

No option to choose how much each developer (or publisher as it now reads) receives.

Are you saying that you want to choose how much each individual developer gets? Like if a bundle has 9 different publishers you could give 1  one 100% and 8 zero.  I've been buying every bundle since 2011 and I don't remember that.  Maybe someone else can help you on that.

No option to choose how much each developer (or publisher as it now reads) receives.
I remember being able to but I don't remember being able to do it for very long. I'm guessing some developers weren't getting nearly as much as they expected.

What it used to look like.
slidersimg.jpg

What it now looks like.
Humble-Bundle-where-money-goes.jpg

I kinda remember that, though I don’t know from how long ago. I’m not seeing it on Firefox or iOS Safari, either.

Also, is that €10 Humble tip default in Yurroland? Cripes.

EDIT:
Found a pic of the expanded interface for you.
Also lol $50
dOvdA.png

It was there during the last HIB (and was there for a long time if not from the start).  It didn't appear for all bundles, as some bundles only included games from one developer or 100% automatically went to charity.

Hamble's such a porker that I wouldn't even give it "just the tip," if you know what I mean!

(I always move the slider to 100% charity)

The individual developer sliders are useful if you want that part of your purchase to only go to the games in the tier(s) you bought. That way the devs who put their games in the BTA or highest tier don't leech off the payment meant for the bottom dwelling $1 tier games.

Also, trying to adjust the sliders is a pain in the ass. Set one to zero, decrease another, the zeroed slider increases... it's like Hamble's sadistic version of whack-a-mole.

The individual developer sliders are useful if you want that part of your purchase to only go to the games in the tier(s) you bought. That way the devs who put their games in the BTA or highest tier don't leech off the payment meant for the bottom dwelling $1 tier games.

Also, trying to adjust the sliders is a pain in the ass. Set one to zero, decrease another, the zeroed slider increases... it's like Hamble's sadistic version of whack-a-mole.
You don't need to use the sliders. Just click on the displayed value and set it directly to what you want.

I see Street Fighter 30th Anniversary is $11.83 (with my HBM Discount).

For those that might have it - how are these versions of those legendary games in this collection?

I see Street Fighter 30th Anniversary is $11.83 (with my HBM Discount).

For those that might have it - how are these versions of those legendary games in this collection?
From what I've read each game in the collection is the ROM of the first arcade release. This means that you get the bugged version of Super Turbo that was recalled because the difficulty was always at maximum no matter what setting you use.

From what I've read each game in the collection is the ROM of the first arcade release. This means that you get the bugged version of Super Turbo that was recalled because the difficulty was always at maximum no matter what setting you use.
Interesting.

Other than Super Turbo - are all of the other versions fine here?

Humble Bandai Namco Bundle 4

$1+:

PAC-MAN 256

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Get Even

BTA:

.hack//G.U. Last Recode

Katamari Damacy REROLL

RAD

$15+:

Tekken 7

Tales of Berseria

$25+:

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

RAD has the Radio General image for whatever reason. 

BTA seems worthwhile, may bite on that.

In Humble Indie Bundle 21, Downwell was added to BTA (lol).  No Hyper Light Drifter.

Humble with the swerve, replaces Hyper Light Drifter with Downwell.

And they screwed up the BTA of the Bandai Namco Bundle. Thumbnail is Radio General but the game is RAD, a Double Fine roguelike.

BTA for Namco 4 HB looks for real good.

Definitely want all in there, but especially really want that .hack Trilogy.

Already own Tekken 7 and Berseria, so that's out.

Man of Medan seems too pricey there. Should've been in $15 or lower tiers to make me jump.

Anyone play Get Even yet?

Pretty good BTA. Top Tiers not amazing especially the highest one. If Man was in the mid tier it would be an alright top tier. As it is...yeah just likely going BTA. RAD is alright. Gets repetitive extremely quickly IMHO. I feel the enemy variety/battle moves themselves aren't varied enough.

Those top tiers are a joke.
$15-tier is a fighting game with THREE season passes not included and the only Tales games to have been Humble Monthly'd.
The $25 game is a worse multiplayer Until Dawn that I doubt people would buy in a Steam sale for $10.
BTA it is.

Those top tiers are a joke.
$15-tier is a fighting game with THREE season passes not included and the only Tales games to have been Humble Monthly'd.
The $25 game is a worse multiplayer Until Dawn that I doubt people would buy in a Steam sale for $10.
BTA it is.
The $25 game is a joke, sure. The $15 tier isn't actually that bad. It's like ~$3 each for Tekken and Tales of Berseria from BTA, which is good even for an active base game and a Monthly headliner.

Surprisingly The only genre that even makes me motion sick is fps when played on a console.  I'm completely unaffected when playing it on a computer too which I never got.  Otherwise I've never had an issue.  Now if I played it while in a car that would probably make me sick.

Hey, can you advise me on something. Comics confuse the fandangle out of me. I have little to no experience. I would really appreciate it (from you or anyone else)

1) Does this bundle have everything released for the walking dead to date?

2) How can I read it? What are the best ways to read it?

3) Is it possible to get this in physical book form. Maybe a season a book?

4) I read one episode and I really liked it. It's the only show that I watch on TV... I don't watch too much TV.

Anything else anyone wants to tell me I would greatly greatly appreciate it. I don't want to spend $20 on something that I would never use.

bread's done
Back