Humble Bundle Thread

Bundle is about 85% repeats.
It's true, but I personally redeemed so many that this felt like a 30 dollar bundle legitimately for me. eBooks and free monthly help out tremendously too.

It's a great cause, consider supporting and spreading the bundle key love once the bundle is no longer offered.

In my GREAT AND UNMATCHED WISDOM I believe Darkest Dungeon will be in the next monthly! Believe me! That alone explains the DLC only in this bundle.! Trust your BEST EVER CAT PRESIDENT to bring you the very best bundle predictions! You heard it here first people! TRUST ME! COVFEFE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I can even remotely see wanting is Kerbal. How I don't own it, I have no idea.
Kerbal is great, I felt an amazing accomplishment when I didn't kill my Kerbal for the first time. That said when I was goofing off with it there was a massive learning curve which I think has been remedied with a single player campaign.

Kerbal 2 is all but dead so might as well get the first one.

https://www.pcgamer.com/after-ditching-the-original-kerbal-2-studio-take-two-reportedly-tried-to-poach-all-of-its-employees/

If anyone picks this up and doesn't need their Elite: Derp-gerous key, I got some keys to other stuff sitting around to trade.

Anyone know if I use a new email address on Humble but pay with a paypal account I have used before, if I would still get the June Monthly for free with this $30 bundle? That is the only way I would even consider purchasing this garbage.

Anyone know if I use a new email address on Humble but pay with a paypal account I have used before, if I would still get the June Monthly for free with this $30 bundle? That is the only way I would even consider purchasing this garbage.
If you think it is garbage, why would you even consider it (even with the monthly added)

I did it for that last bundle like this. I made a new Humble account, paid with my normal PayPal, then gifted the monthly to my main account.

Humble Bundle: Here’s a new gaming mapmaking bundle with all sorts of extra packs and a lifetime license.

Me: Oh, wow, I’m a casual fan of cartography, D&D, and old games that don’t have automaps, that sounds aweso—

Humble Bundle: Also it costs $30.

Me: fuck

kbfyNcq.gif

HUMBLE PLAYISM ANNIVERSARY BUNDLE

$1+:
Lost Technology 
REVOLVER 360 RE:ACTOR
Ace of Seafood
Unholy Heights
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
One Way Heroics

BTA:
Kero Blaster
GOCCO OF WAR
Mad Father
LiEat

$10+:
The Silver Case
Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight
Astebreed: Definitive Edition
BREAK ARTS II

$1 tier for me. Lots of repeats and games I fakeybroed somewhere along the line.

Dollared in for Ace of Seafood, a game that is truly horrible and also fascinating. It's like a ps1 Artdink game that was somehow made in the modern era

Dollared in for Ace of Seafood, a game that is truly horrible and also fascinating. It's like a ps1 Artdink game that was somehow made in the modern era
I definitely bought it earlier just for that game. Not sure how it didn't win a GOTY award. Clearly a better RPG than Sonic Racing Transformed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmeGuPSdJm0&feature=emb_title

If you think it is garbage, why would you even consider it (even with the monthly a
It is garbage in terms of getting games I want to play versus games I own/don't care about. It is gold in value though. As an example, I was able to buy and sell games from both bundles (monthly and racial equality) through two accounts and thus get the following games for free:

Hellblade

The Messanger

Barotrauma

Felix the Reaper

Men of War

Remanants of Naezith

Baba is Yo

The Ball

Football Manager 2020

In Between

My Memory of Us

Observer

Plunge

Overgrowth

Seven (throw in game in the trade)

Getting that one month free of humble monthly was key.

I definitely bought it earlier just for that game. Not sure how it didn't win a GOTY award. Clearly a better RPG than Sonic Racing Transformed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmeGuPSdJm0&feature=emb_title
i love games that seem like they came out of a time vortex. just like Deadly Premonition, which i consider a lost Dreamcast game

So, if I own Spelunky on GOG, and it's DRM-free, does it make any sense for me to buy it as a part of the bundle?  Can I play Spelunky once I download my GOG copy without using GOG?

So, if I own Spelunky on GOG, and it's DRM-free, does it make any sense for me to buy it as a part of the bundle? Can I play Spelunky once I download my GOG copy without using GOG?
If you have it on GOG already, which is a DRM-FREE over there, I don't think you really need another DRM-FREE copy - as Humble is offering their own DRM-FREE copy.

You can download Spelunky via their web-browser to get the installers and install the game; or do the download via Galaxy. Up to you.

GOG's client-app Galaxy is actually optional for games on their service - so, I don't think you need to run Galaxy to run a DRM-FREE copy from them. I actually have it on GOG (I think it was free in a giveaway, IIRC), so...maybe I should go check for you, to be sure. I dunno why I have this one backlogged still - but for some reason, I do. [shrug]

Since you have it on GOG already, another question for you here is to ask yourself this: "Do I need to have a Steam copy of Spelunky?" B/c in this $30 bundle here, Spelunky lists both Steam and DRM-FREE for offer, in the Racial Justice Bundle $30 bundle.

There's a lot of value to many for just having a game native to Steam, as it offer comes w/ a lot of Steam-Benefits just by owning it over natively there - Steam Cloud Save Support, Big Picture Mode, Screenshot Taking, Steam Achievements, Steam Time-Tracking, Steamwork support, etc etc.

In particular, Spelunky on Steam also has Steam support for Remote Play Together Support, Steam Leaderboards and Steam Trading Cards.

I think another thing to look at if you're staring at the $30 HFFRJ Bundle, is if you're missing a lot of those bundled games. There's a good amount of quality stuff or high-valued stuff in there - but it's also possible there's a good deal of re-bundle material (NBA2K20 was in a $20 high-tier in recent 2K Bundle, which I own; Observer; etc) and stuff in the "I might own this already" material (i.e. TQ: Anniversary; BioShock Remastered; etc) if you buy a lot of stuff, like some of us around here do.

For me, NeoCab, Elite Dangerous, In Between, Framed Collection really stick out in this bundle to me...namely, since I don't own these.

If you have it on GOG already, which is a DRM-FREE over there, I don't think you really need another DRM-FREE copy - as Humble is offering their own DRM-FREE copy.

You can download Spelunky via their web-browser to get the installers and install the game; or do the download via Galaxy. Up to you.

GOG's client-app Galaxy is actually optional for games on their service - so, I don't think you need to run Galaxy to run a DRM-FREE copy from them. I actually have it on GOG (I think it was free in a giveaway, IIRC), so...maybe I should go check for you, to be sure. I dunno why I have this one backlogged still - but for some reason, I do. [shrug]

Since you have it on GOG already, another question for you here is to ask yourself this: "Do I need to have a Steam copy of Spelunky?" B/c in this $30 bundle here, Spelunky lists both Steam and DRM-FREE for offer, in the Racial Justice Bundle $30 bundle.

There's a lot of value to many for just having a game native to Steam, as it offer comes w/ a lot of Steam-Benefits just by owning it over natively there - Steam Cloud Save Support, Big Picture Mode, Screenshot Taking, Steam Achievements, Steam Time-Tracking, Steamwork support, etc etc.

In particular, Spelunky on Steam also has Steam support for Remote Play Together Support, Steam Leaderboards and Steam Trading Cards.

I think another thing to look at if you're staring at the $30 HFFRJ Bundle, is if you're missing a lot of those bundled games. There's a good amount of quality stuff or high-valued stuff in there - but it's also possible there's a good deal of re-bundle material (NBA2K20 was in a $20 high-tier in recent 2K Bundle, which I own; Observer; etc) and stuff in the "I might own this already" material (i.e. TQ: Anniversary; BioShock Remastered; etc) if you buy a lot of stuff, like some of us around here do.

For me, NeoCab, Elite Dangerous, In Between, Framed Collection really stick out in this bundle to me...namely, since I don't own these.
Thanks, MysterD. You are a very knowledgeable resource when it comes to PC gaming. Despite the fact that I have had a GOG account for a while, I've never actually downloaded any of the games. I mostly use Steam because it's convenient. And I already owned Spelunky on Steam, and I usually play it there. But I'm considering a DRM-free copy for a number of reasons. So thank you for the explanation.

I don't know if I want to invest $30 in the bundle. It's not that I don't support the cause. I bought the itch.io bundle. But $30 is a lot of money for a lot of last-gen games, some of which I already own. So, I'm still on the fence.

In other news, I paused my monthly sub.  They offered me the $2 bribe as others reported.  Must be getting desperate but they can remedy that be improving the quality of the monthlies.

Thanks, MysterD. You are a very knowledgeable resource when it comes to PC gaming. Despite the fact that I have had a GOG account for a while, I've never actually downloaded any of the games. I mostly use Steam because it's convenient. And I already owned Spelunky on Steam, and I usually play it there. But I'm considering a DRM-free copy for a number of reasons. So thank you for the explanation.

I don't know if I want to invest $30 in the bundle. It's not that I don't support the cause. I bought the itch.io bundle. But $30 is a lot of money for a lot of last-gen games, some of which I already own. So, I'm still on the fence.
Ummm....GOG copies of games are DRM-FREE period. It's one of the rules to be on GOG. I'll go double-check Spelunky from GOG since it's only like 200MB download, but...I'm quite sure it's DRM-FREE there.

Yeah, Itch.Io bundle was insane. $5 for that bundle was an absolute steal. It was a no-brainer from the jump.

The problem w/ the current Humble Bundle for me is there's so much repeat re-bundled stuff and/or stuff I already own in there. Anyone missing a lot of the games in there, there's some high quality stuff (Bioshock Remastered, TQ Anniversary, Observer, COH 2) and/or high value stuff in there (NBA 2K20). For someone else though, who is missing a lot of this stuff - $30 could be a good deal here.

You could always find what games you need on the Cesspool or try to split the bundle to someone. [shrug]

EDIT:

Tested out GOG version. Works fine. DRM-FREE. No GOG Galaxy running in the background or anything.

It did end up working when I paused after accepting the discount. In the coupons section of my account page I have a $4 off choice coupon that I can use up to the September choice.

Sometimes I browse new games that have come out on Steam in the last 6 months, and I find a ton that intrigue me (like GTFO or Metro Exodus) and then I eagerly await the next Humble Choice Bundle ... and consistenly find none of those interesting games. This has now been happening for months ... I wonder if there's something wrong with me.  :whistle2:

A decent amount of the choices are years old at this rate. Also Humble likes to keep reoffering old AAA titles like X-COM 2. It's been good, but not great for the Humble for a bit. That Crash/Spyro one was excellent, but everything afterwards has been kind of meh.

Since IGN has taken over Humble has indeed shifted towards pushing older AAA titles and less relatively new-ish high end indie titles.

Since IGN has taken over Humble has indeed shifted towards pushing older AAA titles and less relatively new-ish high end indie titles.
I haven't really noticed much of a change except all the repeats. But Supraland and Barotrauma I would consider new-ish high end indies.

bread's done
Back