Humble Bundle Thread

If it's just the base version of Doom then I'll pass because that DLC isn't cheap by itself. I'm waiting for the deluxe version to hit around $10.
Yeah, if you're set on the DLC you might as well just get Deluxe. Main benefit here is getting the base game for cheap first to decide if you want to invest any further. But Bethesda is notoriously bad when it comes to pricing season passes on their own (see: Fallout 4, Skyrim)

I will say, if there is a game that Fanatical will eventually bundle, at least 20 times, it will be Doom Eternal. The Bethesda games are basically the only AAA game publisher that ends up on Fanatical bundles.
Probably b/c Microsoft owns Zenimax/Bethesda and they really want to get their games everywhere on PC & Xbox.

Especially given their war w/ Sony over M$ buying Acti-Blizz and trying to get that approved, Sony gating some games (3rd party stuff) from not hitting Xbox consoles ever (i.e. newer Final Fantasy games), and other stuff - yeah, I could see M$ doing this (flooding the cheap markets) to get gamers to play their old stuff....so they want the new stuff, which they'll make exclusive. Gotta built for their future, right?

This could cause some gamers to ASAP join Game Pass, buy games ASAP on PC or Xbox console, or move some Sony-gamers flat-out over to PC or Xbox consoles - namely to play say future COD games, Fallout 5, Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Wolfenstein, Doom, Diablo, Deathloop/Dishonored universe, Redfall, Gears of War, Fable, and/or anything else 1st party that they own which they could make sequels for...and make those ALL exclusive.

It's like M$ is tossing everything into Humble Bundles, Amazon Gaming Prime, Epic store freebies, Fanatical Bundles, and more - to swarm the market w/ their stuff dirt-cheap or free...b/c they will have new stuff, new sequels, coming they want you to buy or sub to on Game Pass ASAP; or cause you to jump-ship to PC or Xbox console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaked January Choice headliners:

Doom Eternal

OlliOlli World Rad Edition

Tribes of Midgard

If it's indeed the Rad Edition for OlliOlli, that would include the expansion. Doom Eternal is most certainly just the base game.
Already have Doom Eternal (and its DLC's) - so, hmmm....I hope the rest of the Bundle is good. Otherwise, might be worth a Pause from me. Could be the 1st pause in a while for me, TBH.

Already have Doom Eternal (and its DLC's) - so, hmmm....I hope the rest of the Bundle is good. Otherwise, might be worth a Pause from me. Could be the 1st pause in a while for me, TBH.
And I was thinking that this might be one I actually get. I think I paused almost every month of 2022.

I bought the first nu-Doom remake a couple of years ago and played maybe two hours before I put it aside.  Have to get around to playing that one before I even consider Doom Eternal.

I bought the first nu-Doom remake a couple of years ago and played maybe two hours before I put it aside. Have to get around to playing that one before I even consider Doom Eternal.
I didn't play much of nu-Doom either, but Doom Eternal feels a lot more like the old Dooms.

I actually preferred nu-Doom to Doom Eternal. I played it on gamepass though so I haven't tried any dlc.

Not too keen on this bundle based off those early reveals. Might be starting this year off right with a Skip.

This month's games:

Doom Eternal

OlliOlli World Rad Edition

Tribes of Midgard

Encased (free on Epic during giveaways last month)

Conan Chop Chop

Grow Song of the Evertree

Hokko Life

The Serpent Rogue

Oh, and coupons for the Doom Eternal dlc's at 60% off.

Already own Doom Eternal, and I'm really not feeling this bundle. Olliolli is likely fine (played the first a while back, and it was decent), but I'm just not feeling the other choices. I may still go for it since I don't think I have any other than the Epic freebie. I wish Humble would just go back to 10 or 12 choices and have some lower value but interesting hopefully never bundled indie games. I'm sure some of these are OK though.

I was thinking about picking up Encased for $6 during the winter sale so I figure I will just pay the extra $6 and sign up and get a bundle of games for $12.

Maybe its just because I've already played Doom Eternal, but this seems like one of the weaker choice bundles in recent memory.  Usually there is something that seems halfway decent among the indie games but this week, at least for me, they're all duds and Doom Eternal sans dlc can't carry this whole bundle by itself.

I think I'm going to go with this month. I prepaid for a year back in November and paused both November and December, but Olli Olli world has piqued my curiosity. Zero interest in Doom.

I picked up this bundle due to only having to pay $6 for it. I liked Doom 2016 and wanted to try Doom Eternal and the other games don't seem that bad. So it's worth the $6 to me.

How often do they send out discounts for the humble monthly? I haven't been subbed for several months, but still never got emailed a discount for it

How often do they send out discounts for the humble monthly? I haven't been subbed for several months, but still never got emailed a discount for it
I started in October and each of the three times I've skipped, they tried offering $2-$4 discounts each time. The only instances I get emailed offers is directed to different email address that has never subbed.

On the off chance that you love classic P&C and don't have a bunch of their games already, that's such a no-brainer purchase. Don't think I've ever played a bad Wadjet Eye game before.

I have this issue where I love the idea of playing point and click adventure games (grew up playing the old Lucas arts games) so I buy them whenever they go on sale. The problem is I can't remember the last time I actually played one of these types of games.

I don't own any of these though so I'll probably just repeat the cycle.

I want to try some of these, but these prices are making me miss the early days of Humble.

Fighting Farmers Bundle

$14 Tier

Len's Island
Re: Legend
Spirit of the Island

$10 Tier
Forager
Kitaria Fables
Serin Fate

Stranded Sails - Explorers of the Cursed Islands

Another somewhat expensive bundle. A lot of these look like they overlap in ways though for gameplay and such.

$15 Tier

Haiku, the Robot
PowerSlave Exhumed
Source of Madness
Supraland Six Inches Under

Kind of seems expensive for games I'm not sure about other than Powerslave, which looks alright.
I grabbed the $15 tier. I've had Haiku the Robot on my wish list for a long while and the lowest price its been is $15.

$15 for all four games is a nice deal.

Survival Instincts Bundle:

Note: Keys for Steam, unless stated otherwise.

$15 Tier:

• Chernobylite: Enhanced Edition
  • SCUM
  • State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition
  • The Long Dark: Survival Edition
    (NOTE - No "Wintermute" Story Mode here in this version, according to Mooby)
  • Volcanoids
  • SurrounDead
  • Starsand

SOD2 is worth the $15 alone.  It's been constantly updated since its original launch.  There's currently a patch on the Beta now that is looking to add some more in-depth strategy in terms of how you tackle/clear maps.

Throw in the Long Dark and it's an easy buy if you don't own either.  Note this version of Long Dark lacks the story mode but I always thought that was mediocre at best.

Bought the bundle for Chernobylite, Surroundead, and Volcanoids.

Really good bundle.
Same.

Chernobylite's pretty good so far, too. Not a surprise on that though, as I thought The Farm 51's other game Get Even (which also has really good storytelling & voice-acting) was also underrated.

Chernobylite feels like a mix of a bunch of games. It feels like both the STALKER & Metro games, with its post-apoc Chernobyl setting & vibe. In some ways, it also feels like E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy - i.e. the way you have these big open-space & huge-sized maps per each mission, which have main and side missions inside of them...and I'm not sure if some of this stuff's randomized. And then there's also the Fallout 4's Settlement-building mechanics, which you can place & build stuff almost anywhere - yes, even within missions and on those mission-maps, which is pretty cool. There's also here & there some decision-making elements, in which I'm not sure entirely how much it will impact the journey itself and/or the outcome - but yeah, it's definitely there...and feels like it could be a key part to this game.

Looks stunning w/ RT on, I might add to this. At 1080p on Ultra, about 40-60fps on the regular here. Locked it down to 45fps via MSI Afterburner, to keep it stable.

Almost 4 hours in - and I think this might have "Cult Classic" written all over it. Really enjoying the heck out of this one, so far.

EDIT - More details, edited & much longer-winded thoughts below:

-> https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/3770110614231290066/

Surroundead looks interesting but not enough to get me to bite owning much of the other stuff.
Its okay but if its the only thing in the pack that interests you, probably not worth it. I got the deal mostly for Chernobylite and Volcanoids.

You know what tomorrow is...
ezgif-3-196a5b1dc8.gif

If anyone buys the the new game making collection pack I'd be willing to buy the game guru max 3d model booster pack off you. It's the only thing I need / want from the pack

Jay and Silent Bob created this song in anticipation of the day they would be bundled with Shaq Fu's sequel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5bW8H-kNZs

bread's done
Back