Humble Indie Bundle 6: 5/10 games - Wizorb, BT Runner, Jamestown, Space Battles added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
HIB bundles are pay-what-you-want and all games are DRM free as direct downloads for PC, Mac, and Linux. Steam keys are included with purchases of $1+. There is one Steam key for the main bundle, one for beating the average, and one for future bonuses.

Soundtracks are included for all except Vessel. Dustforce, SPAZ, Shatter, and (soon) Torchlight are redeemable on the Ubuntu Software Center.

Remember, you can always add money later if you're not sure that you want to beat the average now. The average when you first pay is the one you have to beat, even if the price is higher when you decide to. Future bonuses should be given to all who purchased the bundle up to that point, regardless of price paid, but people who buy in after any future additions may have to beat the average to get them.

Games:
  • Rochard
  • Shatter
  • Space Pirates & Zombies
  • Torchlight
  • Vessel

Beat the average to get:
  • Dustforce
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER*
  • Gratuitous Space Battles*
  • Jamestown*
  • Wizorb*

* Bonus games. If you purchased the bundle prior to 10 AM PST on 9/25 you get these games regardless of price paid

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joeyatog']Already have Torchlight and Shatter but couldn't pass up the other games! Plus it's for charity! Gotta love Child's Play![/QUOTE]

Don't forget the developers!

BTA with $5.50 yesterday. That comes out to less than a $1 a game (with the possiblity of it going lower if they add a couple more games). Definitely worth it if you don't have the games. It is practically a steal!

I don't know what the hell I was thinking last night, I paid $1 and started waiting for happy hour ... gah! ... too many bundles, good thing you can up your amount later to beat the average. The thing I noticed though is the average was locked in to when I originally made the purchase and not the current average.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Only 100? You're off to a good start. The real game is collecting them.[/QUOTE]

ROFL that is how I see it. Hey, even if you never play them you (presumably) are donating money to children stuck in a hospital,.

[quote name='CIitCommander']Its worth the $7 I dropped on it and I need to stop buying from all these bundle sites...
Humble, IndieRoyal, IndieGala, Build A Bundle... I never freaking ends... Oh and I only have been able to play 7 of the 100 games I have thus far...[/QUOTE]
I paid $20 for Torchlight and have not regret my purchase. It's worth it for Torchlight alone.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I don't know what the hell I was thinking last night, I paid $1 and started waiting for happy hour ... gah! ... too many bundles,[/QUOTE]

:lol:

In my opinion, it's definitely the weakest Humble Bundle in a while, but the games are still better than what most other bundles are offering.

I already had Torchlight (via this summer's Steam sale) and didn't get the extra copy that some people have been getting. Strange that half of us are getting it and half aren't.

It's a nice little Diablo clone with a nice coat of polish, but don't expect anything of Diablo II's scale; only three classes and no co-op make it a very slimmed-down alternative. It afforded me a few hours of casual diversion, but the experience didn't come close to the hundreds of hours I spent in DII: Lord of Destruction. Makes me wonder why some are anticipating its sequel to be superior to Diablo III.. while possible, to make such a leap in scope and quality from small Diablo clone to Diablo killer would be an impressive feat. I suspect that much of that speculation stems from the hate that Diablo III's early problems generated.

Guys, you don't actually have to beat the average to get the bonus games -- that's only after they are announced/added. Of course, if you want Dustforce, then sure.

[quote name='Josh1billion'] Makes me wonder why some are anticipating its sequel to be superior to Diablo III.. while possible, to make such a leap in scope and quality from small Diablo clone to Diablo killer would be an impressive feat. I suspect that much of that speculation stems from the hate that Diablo III's early problems generated.[/QUOTE]

You probably wouldn't be wondering if you read up a little on Torchlight 2 and the features it adds over the first game such as co-op, triple the size, better talents, more loot, better designed quests, etc. etc. Not hard to beat Diablo 3 given how grossly overrated it is by the mass consumers of AAA stuff: relatively short amount of content, shallow talent system, no offline play, and that's ignoring the aforementioned myriad of launch bugs, glitches, and crashes. Oh and it's a third of the price.

[quote name='Josh1billion']In my opinion, it's definitely the weakest Humble Bundle in a while, but the games are still better than what most other bundles are offering.

I already had Torchlight (via this summer's Steam sale) and didn't get the extra copy that some people have been getting. Strange that half of us are getting it and half aren't.

It's a nice little Diablo clone with a nice coat of polish, but don't expect anything of Diablo II's scale; only three classes and no co-op make it a very slimmed-down alternative. It afforded me a few hours of casual diversion, but the experience didn't come close to the hundreds of hours I spent in DII: Lord of Destruction. Makes me wonder why some are anticipating its sequel to be superior to Diablo III.. while possible, to make such a leap in scope and quality from small Diablo clone to Diablo killer would be an impressive feat. I suspect that much of that speculation stems from the hate that Diablo III's early problems generated.[/QUOTE]

For me, the presence of Torchlight makes this one of the better Humble Bundles. Not as good as Humble Bundle V with Amnesia, Psychonauts, Bastion, Limbo, etc (almost a greatest hits collection of indies when you consider the bonus games the following week) but this one is pretty good with Spaz and Rochard as well as Torchlight (on the eve of Torchlight II).

[quote name='nategator']For me, the presence of Torchlight makes this one of the better Humble Bundles. Not as good as Humble Bundle V with Amnesia, Psychonauts, Bastion, Limbo, etc (almost a greatest hits collection of indies when you consider the bonus games the following week) but this one is pretty good with Spaz and Rochard as well as Torchlight (on the eve of Torchlight II).[/QUOTE]

I would've preferred Torchlight have been switched out for another game. Too many people have it, and most of the people that don't would rather play Torchlight 2. The other games in the bundle are great though.

[quote name='sunghost']I would've preferred Torchlight have been switched out for another game. Too many people have it, and most of the people that don't would rather play Torchlight 2. The other games in the bundle are great though.[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't own it. I cannot be the only one.

Instead, I look at it as Humble got a game they would not normally get because the makers of Torchlight (ex-Diablo folks) decided they would make more money by letting people pay what they wanted for the game and then getting hooked enough to buy Torchlight 2. Sort of like how some publishers will flood the market with cheap deals of the previous chapter before launching the sequel (exs: EA sold ME1 & ME2 for $5 before ME3 launched, now they are running constant Dead Space deals)

For me, this is great! Let's remember to revisit this after the sale is done and compare the numbers from past sales. :D

I happily BTA at $5 (only had non-steam TL). I'm really surprised at all the "weak" comments. Sure, I understand value to you diminishes if you own most of it, but that doesn't make it a weak bundle. It certainly stands above most IndieGala/IndieRoyale/Groupies/Greenlight/IFK/MeToo bundles and with no minimum to boot!

I'm just hoping the bonus is TL2! /cackle

[quote name='Josh1billion']In my opinion, it's definitely the weakest Humble Bundle in a while, but the games are still better than what most other bundles are offering.

It's a nice little Diablo clone with a nice coat of polish, but don't expect anything of Diablo II's scale; only three classes and no co-op make it a very slimmed-down alternative. It afforded me a few hours of casual diversion, but the experience didn't come close to the hundreds of hours I spent in DII: Lord of Destruction. Makes me wonder why some are anticipating its sequel to be superior to Diablo III.. while possible, to make such a leap in scope and quality from small Diablo clone to Diablo killer would be an impressive feat. I suspect that much of that speculation stems from the hate that Diablo III's early problems generated.[/QUOTE]

http://kotaku.com/5943951/torchlight-ii-vs-diablo-iii-the-comparison-we-had-to-make

sure sounds like Torchlight 2 has a lot more user friendly options then Diablo III

My only disappointment with Torchlight 1 was the absence of multi-player. Can't believe they shipped without that, the game would have probably been a huge hit.

[quote name='WindyCityGamer']My only disappointment with Torchlight 1 was the absence of multi-player. Can't believe they shipped without that, the game would have probably been a huge hit.[/QUOTE]

In many ways I feel like Torchlight 2 is Torchlight 1, and Torchlight 1 was like proto-Torchlight 2.

I don't know what kind of budget Runic had to work with for T1, but I imagine T2 is the game they initially envisioned. Having success with T1 enabled them to make T2.

Maybe some of the games from #5 will make an appearance as bonuses in this bundle - I'm looking at you, Lone Survivor.

I just noticed that they've done away with the ability to increase your purchase amount on expired bundles. It used to be that you could increase the order afterwards if you decided that you wanted to beat the average and get the BTA game(s). But I just checked HIB5 because I decided that I wanted to get a DRM-Free version of Bastion (I passed the first time because I already owned it on Steam) and I discovered that the option is no longer available. I went back and checked every other bundle that I had bought and it was the same story with them as well.

So, if anybody here was thinking about low-balling your bid with the thought that you could always increase it later to get the BTA bonus (or to get a steam key for the basic bundle) you might wanna reconsider that strategy.

[quote name='The End']I just noticed that they've done away with the ability to increase your purchase amount on expired bundles. It used to be that you could increase the order afterwards if you decided that you wanted to beat the average and get the BTA game(s). But I just checked HIB5 because I decided that I wanted to get a DRM-Free version of Bastion (I passed the first time because I already owned it on Steam) and I discovered that the option is no longer available. I went back and checked every other bundle that I had bought and it was the same story with them as well.

So, if anybody here was thinking about low-balling your bid with the thought that you could always increase it later to get the BTA bonus (or to get a steam key for the basic bundle) you might wanna reconsider that strategy.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know they ever did this after the bundle ended. I was looking through some of my older bundles months ago and didn't have this option.

[quote name='The End']I just noticed that they've done away with the ability to increase your purchase amount on expired bundles. It used to be that you could increase the order afterwards if you decided that you wanted to beat the average and get the BTA game(s). But I just checked HIB5 because I decided that I wanted to get a DRM-Free version of Bastion (I passed the first time because I already owned it on Steam) and I discovered that the option is no longer available. I went back and checked every other bundle that I had bought and it was the same story with them as well.

So, if anybody here was thinking about low-balling your bid with the thought that you could always increase it later to get the BTA bonus (or to get a steam key for the basic bundle) you might wanna reconsider that strategy.[/QUOTE]

When I talked to the support rep the other day, he mentioned that that option is only available up to 30 days after the bundle is closed, I think. So you still can, but only for a limited time.

[quote name='INCyr']When I talked to the support rep the other day, he mentioned that that option is only available up to 30 days after the bundle is closed, I think. So you still can, but only for a limited time.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the most recent bundle (Humble Android 3) and it looks like I still can increase the bid on that one. So it looks like you're right. It's a limited time thing.

I guess I had noticed that this option was available on one of my expired bundles and I assumed that it went on indefinitely. I've been using that piece of incorrect info when buying most of the recent bundles. Fortunately for me, it looks like I've beaten the average on most of the bundles over the past year. Of the three or four that I didn't BTA, HIB5 (for Bastion) looks like the only one that I kinda regret. But as I said in my last post, I already have Bastion on Steam, so it's not all that much of a regret.

First bundle I bought since the one that had World of Goo. Wanted to try Torchlight, but I'll download the rest of them and save them for later. Don't they usually end up adding bonus games later on?

[quote name='blindinglights']First bundle I bought since the one that had World of Goo. Wanted to try Torchlight, but I'll download the rest of them and save them for later. Don't they usually end up adding bonus games later on?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they're often a rehash from previous bundles.

From what I understand, if I use amazon payments it will deduct from my amazon gift card balance before deducting anything from a credit card, right?

I already got torchlight but want shatter, already bought its soundtrack. Also dustforce and rocoard are good I hear. Plus who knows what extra they'll be.

[quote name='Fire2box']From what I understand, if I use amazon payments it will deduct from my amazon gift card balance before deducting anything from a credit card, right?

I already got torchlight but want shatter, already bought its soundtrack. Also dustforce and rocoard are good I hear. Plus who knows what extra they'll be.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I have about $5 of credit on my Amazon account but my CC was still charged when I purchased.

[quote name='weeman43302']I don't think so. I have about $5 of credit on my Amazon account but my CC was still charged when I purchased.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just check my amazon gift card amount and its still at 5 dollars after payment.

but this is what amazon says "You can also use an Amazon.com gift card along with the Amazon Payments balance to pay for an order. When your order ships, we'll charge your gift card first, followed by your Amazon Payments balance, and then your credit card (if necessary)."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200253020

To any newbies to Humble Bundle who haven't already bought the bundle. If you want the bonus games, buy now before they're revealed. If you wait until after they're released, you'll be forced to Beat The Average price to get the games. Of course, if you were planning to BTA anyway to get Dustforce, then it doesn't matter. If you aren't interested in getting Diustforce though, buy now.

The games will probably be revealed tomorrow at 1 PM EST (10 AM PST).

[quote name='louiedog']Upcoming bonus games added to OP

BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Gratuitous Space Battles
Jamestown
Wizorb[/QUOTE]

Well, dang - the only game that hasn't already been in the HIB before is Wizorb, and I already own that in three different places. Great, but short, Arkanoid-like game...

[quote name='louiedog']Upcoming bonus games added to OP

BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Gratuitous Space Battles
Jamestown
Wizorb[/QUOTE]

I don't have any of them, nice.

Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming games. I went ahead and got it because I basically want all those games and Dustforce. The first group didn't really appeal to me, but these other ones do for sure!

Dustforce just looks so cool!

[quote name='mikespit1']I've already got all the bonus games. Maybe I'll try to trade for torchlight2.[/QUOTE]

the bonus 4 aren't worth 14.99 or 19.99 IMHO.

I'm guessing the 4 bonus games are going to come on one code? I already have 3 of them, but I want Wizorb. I think it would be kind of useless to use the code, though, cause I could give it to someone else since I already own 3/4 of the games.

I'll admit it, I was hoping for Lone Survivor, Amnesia or some other title from HIBV, but I haven't got any of the 4 bonus games either so everything's fine! Plus, I've wanted to try Wizorb for a long time! :applause:

[quote name='mikespit1']I've already got all the bonus games. Maybe I'll try to trade for torchlight2.[/QUOTE]

Nobody, ever ever ever, will do that trade.

bread's done
Back