Humble Indie Bundle 6: 5/10 games - Wizorb, BT Runner, Jamestown, Space Battles added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
HIB bundles are pay-what-you-want and all games are DRM free as direct downloads for PC, Mac, and Linux. Steam keys are included with purchases of $1+. There is one Steam key for the main bundle, one for beating the average, and one for future bonuses.

Soundtracks are included for all except Vessel. Dustforce, SPAZ, Shatter, and (soon) Torchlight are redeemable on the Ubuntu Software Center.

Remember, you can always add money later if you're not sure that you want to beat the average now. The average when you first pay is the one you have to beat, even if the price is higher when you decide to. Future bonuses should be given to all who purchased the bundle up to that point, regardless of price paid, but people who buy in after any future additions may have to beat the average to get them.

Games:
  • Rochard
  • Shatter
  • Space Pirates & Zombies
  • Torchlight
  • Vessel

Beat the average to get:
  • Dustforce
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER*
  • Gratuitous Space Battles*
  • Jamestown*
  • Wizorb*

* Bonus games. If you purchased the bundle prior to 10 AM PST on 9/25 you get these games regardless of price paid

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the extra games added and tried to put the Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown Steam Key in but it keeps saying Invalid Code. Anyone else running into this?

[quote name='MC Kage']Just saw the extra games added and tried to put the Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown Steam Key in but it keeps saying Invalid Code. Anyone else running into this?[/QUOTE]

Did you just add a bunch of codes to Steam? If so, wait a bit and try again.

I feel like an idiot, but how do you go about accessing steam keys from Humble Bundle? I haven't actually bothered to activate the keys, but I kinda want to try jamestown....and can't seem to find where the keys are on my Humble Bundle keys (only have direct download of games).

[quote name='dejeckt']I feel like an idiot, but how do you go about accessing steam keys from Humble Bundle? I haven't actually bothered to activate the keys, but I kinda want to try jamestown....and can't seem to find where the keys are on my Humble Bundle keys (only have direct download of games).[/QUOTE]

Check the top of your download page, "Click here for your Steam keys". ;)

No need to feel like an idiot, we're here to help. :)

So I was sifting through a bunch of old Humble Bundles I've bought and found a handful of Desura codes from bundles I got where I took the Steam codes to give to friends. They're old bundles so maybe a good chance for you newer HIB fans to get some games you missed if you're good with Desura.

HIB2: 0a7fbb5978eda8ba625d708322f97205
Dungeons of Dreadmor (personal fav of mine): OORED-GU5IM-OB6QP-5JDFI-IMBCL
Frozenbyte: FROZE-8BXI3-5NWR1-IHFEJ-MRRA3
FROZE-81GET-MU2MV-U2MWI-USL9H
FROZE-7MJ3S-7ZP90-K5XXN-8I7HC

Enjoy

[quote name='Umair56']So I was sifting through a bunch of old Humble Bundles I've bought and found a handful of Desura codes from bundles I got where I took the Steam codes to give to friends. They're old bundles so maybe a good chance for you newer HIB fans to get some games you missed if you're good with Desura.

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Thanks for offering these games.

[quote name='Umair56']So I was sifting through a bunch of old Humble Bundles I've bought and found a handful of Desura codes from bundles I got where I took the Steam codes to give to friends. They're old bundles so maybe a good chance for you newer HIB fans to get some games you missed if you're good with Desura.

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I grabbed the last Frozenbyte code. I think the others are all taken.

[quote name='pantsattack']Did you just add a bunch of codes to Steam? If so, wait a bit and try again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I logged out of SG, the website itself, and the program, and logged back in 10mins later and it was working.

I like to read, but I'm more of a magazine/article/blog reader than I am a novel reader. Damned "Accelerated Reader" from grade school burned me out on books after we reached a point where you had no choice but to read shitty books to make passing grades. And I never like going for anything less than beat-the-average, but roughly $11 for stuff I'm even less likely to touch than all the HIB games I've picked up? Hmm...

Sure wish I'd picked up a few extra HIB6 keys though. HIB 5, too.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I like to read, but I'm more of a magazine/article/blog reader than I am a novel reader. Damned "Accelerated Reader" from grade school burned me out on books after we reached a point where you had no choice but to read shitty books to make passing grades. And I never like going for anything less than beat-the-average, but roughly $11 for stuff I'm even less likely to touch than all the HIB games I've picked up? Hmm...

Sure wish I'd picked up a few extra HIB6 keys though. HIB 5, too.[/QUOTE]

Good thing there are a few short story collections in there...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I like to read, but I'm more of a magazine/article/blog reader than I am a novel reader. Damned "Accelerated Reader" from grade school burned me out on books after we reached a point where you had no choice but to read shitty books to make passing grades. And I never like going for anything less than beat-the-average, but roughly $11 for stuff I'm even less likely to touch than all the HIB games I've picked up? Hmm...

Sure wish I'd picked up a few extra HIB6 keys though. HIB 5, too.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about which books that you were forced to read that you hated.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I'm curious about which books that you were forced to read that you hated.[/QUOTE]

And how would I remember? We're looking at years upon years ago here. Ha! I will say that I could never get into the thee-art-thou Shakespeare business. I can't recall many other books that were forced upon a class, most were decent though (To Kill a Mockingbird, The Giver, The Outsiders, and I am honestly unable to remember any more). My primary issue was with Accelerated Reader, as I mentioned before - we weren't assigned specific books to read, only asked to read and take computer-based quizzes over a certain amount within a grading period. I wanna say the quota was at least half a dozen books read and quizzes passed over 9 weeks. I had seemingly found everything good before my freshman year of high school had even ended; from that point forward I could not find anything in the library that wouldn't put me to sleep. It was low on the compelling sci-fi, fantasy, drama, or non-fiction, but chock-full of dime-a-dozen books written for the teenage market to read and instantly forget about.

Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy reading a book. Finding one that holds my interest past the first two or three chapters has always been a struggle, sadly.

Edit: Just for kicks, a few books that I do enjoy: His Dark Materials, Schindler's List, 1984, the works of Douglas Adams, and anything funny (the Onion or Dave Barry style of humor works best, but I take what I can get).

[quote name='dark_inchworm']And how would I remember? We're looking at years upon years ago here. Ha! I will say that I could never get into the thee-art-thou Shakespeare business. I can't recall many other books that were forced upon a class, most were decent though (To Kill a Mockingbird, The Giver, The Outsiders, and I am honestly unable to remember any more). My primary issue was with Accelerated Reader, as I mentioned before - we weren't assigned specific books to read, only asked to read and take computer-based quizzes over a certain amount within a grading period. I wanna say the quota was at least half a dozen books read and quizzes passed over 9 weeks. I had seemingly found everything good before my freshman year of high school had even ended; from that point forward I could not find anything in the library that wouldn't put me to sleep. It was low on the compelling sci-fi, fantasy, drama, or non-fiction, but chock-full of dime-a-dozen books written for the teenage market to read and instantly forget about.

Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy reading a book. Finding one that holds my interest past the first two or three chapters has always been a struggle, sadly.

Edit: Just for kicks, a few books that I do enjoy: His Dark Materials, Schindler's List, 1984, the works of Douglas Adams, and anything funny (the Onion or Dave Barry style of humor works best, but I take what I can get).[/QUOTE]

Lucky for me I didn't have to deal with the Accelerated Reader. That type of quick/forced reading sounds like a terrible way to get someone to enjoy reading. Also I can't stand reading Shakespeare also but I have really enjoyed any Shakespeare play that I have been to.

Is this all science fiction / fantasy? I am supposing so because one of the charity recipients is the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.

I would have preferred some variety, especially since I am not a big fan of literary science fiction.

Some pretty good books have been added to the Humber eBook Bundle (xkcd, Penny Arcade, etc.)
Definitely worth the price now.

[quote name='seamoss']Some pretty good books have been added to the Humber eBook Bundle (xkcd, Penny Arcade, etc.)
Definitely worth the price now.[/QUOTE]

I was kind of on the fence about picking this up. I did grab it but had they started off with Penny-Arcade and xkcd it would have been a no-brainer.

[quote name='11440']Is this all science fiction / fantasy? I am supposing so because one of the charity recipients is the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.

I would have preferred some variety, especially since I am not a big fan of literary science fiction.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's all SF or fantasy except for the new comic collections that were added the other day, so if that's not your thing it may not be for you.

[quote name='Umair56']I was kind of on the fence about picking this up. I did grab it but had they started off with Penny-Arcade and xkcd it would have been a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

I figured jumping in at a low price was worth it, no question, not even considering whatever the inevitable bonus would be.

bread's done
Back