Humble Indie Bundle 8 - Bonuses: Tiny & Big, Intrusion 2, English Country Tune, Oil Rush

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Pay What You Want ($1 or more for steam keys):

• Little Inferno
  • Awesomenauts (includes a skin that is exclusive to the bundle)
  • Capsized
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Dear Esther
Beat The Average:

• Hotline Miami
  • Proteus
  • Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers*
  • Intrusion 2*
  • English Country Tune*
  • Oil Rush w/ map pack DLC*
* If you purchase the bundle prior to 11 AM PST on 6/5/2013 you get these no matter what price you paid.

Steam keys for this bundle are individual.

Everything but Hotline Miami has a soundtrack available to download in both mp3 and flac. Hotline Miami's music is available in ogg format in a game directory.

Humble Bundles typically get bonus content one week after launch, which would be Tuesday, June 4, at 11 AM PST. Those who buy before the addition at any price get the bonus at no extra cost. Those who purchase the bundle after it is added will likely need to pay more than the average to get it.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Additionally, there is a Humble Weekly Sale for Telltale games taking place that includes The Walking Dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Organ Trail is possible, and I would really like it if it was. A Virus Named Tom, Don't Starve, and Kentucky Ruote Zero are the others I would like, but they don't seem nearly as likely.

I think Fez in a Humble bundle would be quite ironic;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I think Organ Trail is possible, and I would really like it if it was. A Virus Named Tom, Don't Starve, and Kentucky Ruote Zero are the others I would like, but they don't seem nearly as likely.

I think Fez in a Humble bundle would be quite ironic;)[/QUOTE]

I think Don't Starve is doing well enough to shy away from being in any bundles for at least a good chunk of time. Plus I already own it so hopefully it's something else ;)

Did anyone notice the steam version and the drm-free version of hotline miami are different. Different gamepad controls but for some reason i cant get the steam version to run. I keep getting an error at launch and if i can get past that there seems to be no music which is a major part of the game. The drm-free edition however has caused me no problems except for the occasional crash.

[quote name='jagdeep820']Did anyone notice the steam version and the drm-free version of hotline miami are different. Different gamepad controls but for some reason i cant get the steam version to run. I keep getting an error at launch and if i can get past that there seems to be no music which is a major part of the game. The drm-free edition however has caused me no problems except for the occasional crash.[/QUOTE]

I didn't beat the average so I don't have the drm-free version, but I do own the Steam version. Aside from one crash it gave me the very first time I loaded it up it has worked flawlessly. Game runs smooth, music and sounds are perfect, it runs fantastic on Steam. I can't comment on different gamepad controls.

I don't know what to make of Dear Esther, Hotline Miami is balls hard and I'm addicted to Little Inferno. This has to be the most interesting HB for me yet.

[quote name='jagdeep820']Did anyone notice the steam version and the drm-free version of hotline miami are different. Different gamepad controls but for some reason i cant get the steam version to run. I keep getting an error at launch and if i can get past that there seems to be no music which is a major part of the game. The drm-free edition however has caused me no problems except for the occasional crash.[/QUOTE]

I've had to kill the Spooler service for my printer every time I run the Steam version of Hotline Miami or it'll crash at startup. It's a known issue. I beat the average just so I'd have a DRM-free version of Hotline Miami, but haven't got around to trying it out yet.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Are the soundtracks like for dear esther steam codes that we enter on steam?[/QUOTE]

DRM free downloads direct from Humble. You get MP3 or FLAC, and it all comes in a .zip file. Not the most elegant system, but it works. I don't think all the soundtracks are even available through steam.

I also paid above the BTA but I don't like how I can't bring up the steam overlay properly when playing hotline miami. No video control at all.

Proteus is interesting, not sure it was worth my BTA, but oh well. I gave some money to each party equally.

Hotline Miami is great, but I already owned it.

Played Little Inferno. It gets SUPER tedious and has a hard left at the end. I dunno, was alright.

Not interested in w/e Awesomenauts is currently. I'll still need to play Thomas.

I think they're making a mistake by only having a couple of games for BTA (esp. with this one where most people already have Hotline Miami). I would have put at least one more game, or maybe even two more, at the BTA level.

I already have pretty much everything...

Main ones would be Awesomenauts, Capsized and Hotline Miami.. of which I of course already own them all!

[quote name='seamoss']I think they're making a mistake by only having a couple of games for BTA (esp. with this one where most people already have Hotline Miami). I would have put at least one more game, or maybe even two more, at the BTA level.[/QUOTE]

Not that the CAG in me wants anything changed, but I've always wondered why they take this approach. They could easily put 2-3 games in the $1 tier and the rest in the BTA tier. It would make the BTA tier look more enticing for most and probably raise more money, not that they really have an issue bloating the price of the bundle up with big contributors.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Not that the CAG in me wants anything changed, but I've always wondered why they take this approach. They could easily put 2-3 games in the $1 tier and the rest in the BTA tier. It would make the BTA tier look more enticing for most and probably raise more money, not that they really have an issue bloating the price of the bundle up with big contributors.[/QUOTE]My guess: most devs would rather be in the $1.00 tier. Better to get a few cents per transaction than nothing from those who don't BTA. (Or in the case of Awesomenauts, they want to feed the DLC monster)

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']My guess: most devs would rather be in the $1.00 tier. Better to get a few cents per transaction than nothing from those who don't BTA. (Or in the case of Awesomenauts, they want to feed the DLC monster)[/QUOTE]

That makes total sense, but I just went to the site and plugged in a low price and it still shows the BTA developers getting a cut with a lower payment. I suppose it could just be the way things are displayed, but I would assume if they weren't being paid those two games would be at $0.00 and grayed out.

k2MDTfx.jpg

Also, in the Steam thread there was discussion about Fez potentially being in one of these and people not wanting to give Phil Fish their money so they'd go all charity. While giving to charity is nice, you can still decide which developers get your money if you want to cut one of them out. This is how.

Usually when they roll out the bonuses it's about even for BTA/$1. I think the android bundle was more like what you guys are suggesting, with only 2 (maybe 3), games in the non BTA tier, and 4-5 for BTA. Not sure which is better for devs, but I do imagine some people might just pass a bundle altogether if the $1 isn't enticing, so surely they are making a bit off of the super cheapstakes.

And then you have people like Notch that go and drop a golden egg on the bundle, so all things considered, I expect they are doing just fine;)

[quote name='louiedog']That makes total sense, but I just went to the site and plugged in a low price and it still shows the BTA developers getting a cut with a lower payment. I suppose it could just be the way things are displayed, but I would assume if they weren't being paid those two games would be at $0.00 and grayed out.[/QUOTE]Interesting - didn't realize that had changed. I remember with certainty on older bundles, when you upped your payment to the BTA level, the BTA dev sliders would magically appear and affect the splits. Below that, they just didn't appear at all.

Little Infero is brilliant. Please buy it. I'd happily spend $20 on it for the unique experience it offered. Not getting it for a buck is sinful.

I went and bought both the indie & telltale bundles. Looks like I got plenty to keep me busy while waiting for Animal Crossing & Last of Us.

So just to verify, there is no DRM-Free copy of The Walking Dead, right?

I already own the game. So the only motivation for me to BTA would be to get the DRM-Free copy. But it looks like from the description that there isn't any DRM-Free version.

[quote name='The End']So just to verify, there is no DRM-Free copy of The Walking Dead, right?

I already own the game. So the only motivation for me to BTA would be to get the DRM-Free copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, only a Steam key for it.

Bah, posted this in the wrong Humble thread. In my 9 years at CAG, this is the first time I've ever posted something in the wrong thread.

Thanks though spoder.

[quote name='The End']Bah, posted this in the wrong Humble thread. In my 9 years at CAG, this is the first time I've ever posted something in the wrong thread.

Thanks though spoder.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it is DRM Free, but Telltale.com sells only non-steam version, which I proudly own :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm not sure if it is DRM Free, but Telltale.com sells only non-steam version, which I proudly own :)[/QUOTE]

I don't have that one from them, but some of their games require you to sign in with your Telltale account to play.

[quote name='KillingMachine']I've had to kill the Spooler service for my printer every time I run the Steam version of Hotline Miami or it'll crash at startup. It's a known issue. I beat the average just so I'd have a DRM-free version of Hotline Miami, but haven't got around to trying it out yet.[/QUOTE]

I read that as "Spoder Service". How sad is that?

[quote name='louiedog']I don't have that one from them, but some of their games require you to sign in with your Telltale account to play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know the newer ones do so TWD might be one of them. Definitely know BTTF used to make me do that. Never got around to playing TWD from their site due to their delay and them giving us Steam keys when that happened.

Edit:

Also, the Humble Weekly is better than the HiB. I said it!

[quote name='Palinn']I read that as "Spoder Service". How sad is that?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone could live without the Spoder Service running for long. Might miss out on a good bundle.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
Also, the Humble Weekly is better than the HiB. I said it![/QUOTE]

Even though I don't particularly care for Telltale's games I do agree with you on that.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Also, the Humble Weekly is better than the HiB. I said it![/QUOTE]

I was thinking it, but you had the courage to say it.

This bundle is amazing - I nabbed it as soon as I got the email :) Going to start 'Thomas was Alone' this weekend.

If you like Capsized and want to experience it in a new way, the iOS version Capsized+ is on sale for the next too weeks as well, in honor of the bundle!

[quote name='KillingMachine']I don't think anyone could live without the Spoder Service running for long. Might miss out on a good bundle.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I should start charging for it.

Heads up. Any bonuses will most likely be added at 11 AM PST tomorrow. If you want the bonuses after that you'll likely need to BTA. Based on previous bundles, anyone who buys before that time at any price will get them. I'm warning now in case CAG 3.0 doesn't come back up until that passes.

Yesterday's bonus update includes the following and their soundtracks.

• Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Intrusion 2
  • English Country Tune
  • Oil Rush w/ map pack DLC

I had Intrusion 2 on my Wishlist for awhile now.  After playing it I'm certainly glad I didn't really pay anything for it.  It's not BAD persay, it's just not really good either.  It's completely enjoyable for about 30 minutes.  The screenshots on the Steam store make it look way cooler than it is.

I can't get used to the controls in Intrusion 2. I'm not sure if it's awkward design or that I'm old enough to have come to age with 2-button gamepads, but aiming with one thumb, moving with the other, then using weapons with with the triggers is just too much for my brain to process at once.  

bread's done
Back