Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1+
  • Dead Space
  • Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dead Space 3 - Origin only
  • Medal of Honor

Beat the Average
  • Battlefield 3 - Origin only
  • The Sims 3 + Starter Pack - Origin Only
  • C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising*
  • Populous* - Origin Only
*Included for all purchases, regardless of price, made before 11 AM PST on 8/22.

Steam keys are provided unless otherwise noted. All games are on Origin. Keys are individual for each game on both platforms.

The money in this bundle goes to charity, not Origin/EA.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I expected, at least, a roller coaster ride but these campaigns are sooooo boring. Follow this-shoot that-oh but don't shoot that yet because it doesn't work until you step here-ok now shoot it.

I'm really trying to give these modern military shooters a fair shake but ug.

I decided to give the Medal of Honor and Battlefield 3 campaigns a chance and play them...I prefer Duke Nukem Forever.
Okay, let's play a game where I pull the first scene of MOH right out of my ass, having never played it or even seen a trailer...

...Ole dude, Roger MacCraigstone, is in Special Ops Delta Rangers Marine Battalion doing scrubby shit in Afghanistan with his ethnic squad mates Pedro Hispanicks and Marcus Blackman. We're marching or driving for a good five minutes, minding our own business and talking about stuff us American kids talk about, and BAM! All a sudden we take an IED to the balls! Slow motion! Marcus is hit! We gotta save him! Pedro survives, albeit with a characteristic scar of some sort, and you, Mack, you quick-time out into a tunnel or corridor and proceed to double-tap Arabs from point A to point B, interrupted by, perhaps, a childhood flashback or some sort of melodramatic reminder of what's "back home" - Marcus' screams bring you back to reality, Pedro is all like, "We got to get Marcus to a doc, Mack!"... No matter how long you take to travel down the rails, at the end of it, a mean looking Arab sniper starts popping off at you - and you've got to mash X at the exact right time to do a sweet ass quick-time barrel role. But DAMN! the Arab sniper dude has a partner dude hidden behind the doorframe, who pushes Pedro out the window and pins you down with a knife to your throat. MASH SQUARE! Oh, you didn't hit square fast enough - repeat "barrel roll" and "pedro" scene - partner dude has a knife to your throat again! You tap the shit out of SQUARE because you know its coming up... you two are equally strong, but you might be a gonner because that's just how the movie goes! --- the knife is starting to cut into your flesh, but then, all a sudden, Marcus, who is basically dead, leans up with his 1911 DEAGLE with a suppressor and taps a hollow point right through Arab sniper's partner's face. "Take 'dat, hoe bitch." (This might be his last breath, but I'm kinda leaning towards Marcus continuing throughout the storyline with no explanation of his recovery.) Pedro crawls back into the scene, he probably says something to move the storyline forward, like, "These Arabs are... Russian Nationalist dudes!" Fade to black.

Can someone who has played the game grade my prediction?

So apparently you get 500 free SimPoints just for registering your game, which happens automatically.  If you didn't notice it, it's at the bottom of the page below where you entered the code for Date Night.  Just click the "Redeem Free SimPoints" button  to get it.

:whee:

EDIT:   :error:  Sims 3, obviously.

So apparently you get 500 free SimPoints just for registering your game, which happens automatically. If you didn't notice it, it's at the bottom of the page below where you entered the code for Date Night. Just click the "Redeem Free SimPoints" button to get it.

Strange. I did that too a few days ago, but my points did not register the first time around. I clicked this three times and then it disappeared. I logged in later that day and I had 1500 SimPoints :whee: :whee: :whee:

Okay, let's play a game where I pull the first scene of MOH right out of my ass, having never played it or even seen a trailer...

...Ole dude, Roger MacCraigstone, is in Special Ops Delta Rangers Marine Battalion doing scrubby shit in Afghanistan with his ethnic squad mates Pedro Hispanicks and Marcus Blackman. We're marching or driving for a good five minutes, minding our own business and talking about stuff us American kids talk about, and BAM! All a sudden we take an IED to the balls! Slow motion! Marcus is hit! We gotta save him! Pedro survives, albeit with a characteristic scar of some sort, and you, Mack, you quick-time out into a tunnel or corridor and proceed to double-tap Arabs from point A to point B, interrupted by, perhaps, a childhood flashback or some sort of melodramatic reminder of what's "back home" - Marcus' screams bring you back to reality, Pedro is all like, "We got to get Marcus to a doc, Mack!"... No matter how long you take to travel down the rails, at the end of it, a mean looking Arab sniper starts popping off at you - and you've got to mash X at the exact right time to do a sweet ass quick-time barrel role. But DAMN! the Arab sniper dude has a partner dude hidden behind the doorframe, who pushes Pedro out the window and pins you down with a knife to your throat. MASH SQUARE! Oh, you didn't hit square fast enough - repeat "barrel roll" and "pedro" scene - partner dude has a knife to your throat again! You tap the shit out of SQUARE because you know its coming up... you two are equally strong, but you might be a gonner because that's just how the movie goes! --- the knife is starting to cut into your flesh, but then, all a sudden, Marcus, who is basically dead, leans up with his 1911 DEAGLE with a suppressor and taps a hollow point right through Arab sniper's partner's face. "Take 'dat, hoe bitch." (This might be his last breath, but I'm kinda leaning towards Marcus continuing throughout the storyline with no explanation of his recovery.) Pedro crawls back into the scene, he probably says something to move the storyline forward, like, "These Arabs are... Russian Nationalist dudes!" Fade to black.

Can someone who has played the game grade my prediction?
You forgot "Based on a true story"

So apparently you get 500 free SimPoints just for registering your game, which happens automatically. If you didn't notice it, it's at the bottom of the page below where you entered the code for Date Night. Just click the "Redeem Free SimPoints" button to get it.

EDIT: :error: Sims 3, obviously.
hmm, more reason for me to possibly BTA after all, since the copy I bought for $1 already had the key redeemed (no surprise of course) :whistle2:k

EDIT: :error: Sims 3, obviously.
Strange. I did that too a few days ago, but my points did not register the first time around. I clicked this three times and then it disappeared. I logged in later that day and I had 1500 SimPoints :whee: :whee: :whee:
Not to dampen your guyses joy, but you can download anything that's on the Sims Store for free if you know where to look.

Sure, it's not "legit", but shipping the game with ONE neighborhood, and then charging $20 for each additional Maxis made neighborhood is just as illegitimate in my opinion.

No bonus games?

NOTE: I find this bundle to be immensely generous, as is. I am not complaining, I am just curious
The bundle started on Wednesday of last week, so we'll know what they are at about 2 PM EST tomorrow, if there are any.

EDIT: Changed to the correct time. Thanks, louiedog. I was jumping the gun.

Starting to dislike origin more. Trying to download Dead space 3, and for some reason it keeps getting up to around 80% then either having an error and I have to restart it, or just randomly dropping back down to 40%. :/ it's done this multiple times at this point.

Tried out BF3/Origin because of this sale, and my impression was that Origin is just really feature-lacking at this stage. It certainly boots up faster than Steam does, so theres a plus, but it was just so bare bones otherwise.

That said, BF3 seems to be kind of a buggy mess in places (at least for me). Delayed audio everywhere, the program starting minimized/not swapping when its "ready to play", and consistently crashing w/e I try to play the second level in the campaign. Never even got to play MP.

Granted, I'm playing it on a 5 year old low-range rig, so trying it out was more just to see if it would even boot at all lol. When it was managing to load, it ran better than I remember the PS3 version (framerate-wish). Also funny is that I'm playing FC3 Blood Dragon & Metro 2033 with no problems whatsoever on the same PC...

Tried out BF3/Origin because of this sale, and my impression was that Origin is just really feature-lacking at this stage. It certainly boots up faster than Steam does, so theres a plus, but it was just so bare bones otherwise.

That said, BF3 seems to be kind of a buggy mess in places (at least for me). Delayed audio everywhere, the program starting minimized/not swapping when its "ready to play", and consistently crashing w/e I try to play the second level in the campaign. Never even got to play MP.

Granted, I'm playing it on a 5 year old low-range rig, so trying it out was more just to see if it would even boot at all lol. When it was managing to load, it ran better than I remember the PS3 version (framerate-wish). Also funny is that I'm playing FC3 Blood Dragon & Metro 2033 with no problems whatsoever on the same PC...
I've never once had a problem with Origin or BF3. Odd to see all the complaints.

Wait - I can't even run Metro 2033 maxed-out on 1920x1080 on my 2 year old PC (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit).

I'd doubt you can run that maxed-out.

Hell, I got better performance out of BF3 than Metro 2033. Metro 2033 is just NOT optimized well.

EDIT:

I've never once had a problem with Origin or BF3. Odd to see all the complaints.
Same - I never had much problems w/ Origin or BF3, as well.

Ditto here. I've zero download or gameplay problems with Origin. Previously I had dial-up slow downloads, such as with ME3 Citadel DLC, but recently my speeds have been more or less on par with Steam.

Ditto here. I've zero download or gameplay problems with Origin. Previously I had dial-up slow downloads, such as with ME3 Citadel DLC, but recently my speeds have more or less been on par with Steam.
My Origin download speeds are okay. My Steam speed ranges from 1-2MBps, Uplay is almost always 2MBps+, and Origin is pretty much always 1MBps. I've never ever had this problem where download progress goes back down... Though, if I stop the download and come back later, the progress goes "down", but it's only checking to see what I've downloaded so far. It doesn't take long before it figures it out and goes back to the progress I was at. I feel like people are misunderstanding this process.

My Origin download speeds are okay. My Steam speed ranges from 1-2MBps, Uplay is almost always 2MBps+, and Origin is pretty much always 1MBps. I've never ever had this problem where download progress goes back down... Though, if I stop the download and come back later, the progress goes "down", but it's only checking to see what I've downloaded so far. It doesn't take long before it figures it out and goes back to the progress I was at. I feel like people are misunderstanding this process.
That happens to me as well. However, on occasion it won't find anything and will restart the download. It happened last week with Deadspace 2. I had the problem as well with DA: Origins more than a year ago. I don't have the greatest internet, so it takes a while to download 30 gbs and I think I had to restart DA a couple of times. It has gotten better as far a I can tell, but it doesn't seem as robust as Steam quite yet when it comes to downloads.

Wait - I can't even run Metro 2033 maxed-out on 1920x1080 on my 2 year old PC (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit).

I'd doubt you can run that maxed-out.

Hell, I got better performance out of BF3 than Metro 2033. Metro 2033 is just NOT optimized well.
Not everyone has to play games maxed out* ;)

*shamelessly pretending not to care about graphics do to crappy computer.

Same here, having trouble with swapping over when "ready to play". I'm really not a fan of the browser based launcher.

Quick question: If I receive a gift URL for the Humble Bundle that's the above the average level, will I also receive the bonus games when they unlock? I don't see an option to increase the payment unlike when I buy the bundle myself...

Quick question: If I receive a gift URL for the Humble Bundle that's the above the average level, will I also receive the bonus games when they unlock? I don't see an option to increase the payment unlike when I buy the bundle myself...
Gift bundles can't increase payment because it would expose what the giver paid, which would defeat the spirit of the gift for many, but you should get the bonuses like any other bundle.

I can't play many games maxed-out w/ 1920x1080 resolution - Rage, BF3, Metro 2033, Witcher 2.

Hell, and that's just for starters here...
Psh, 1920x1080? I run games at 1680x1050 (since it's the max resolution my monitor can display). Once I save a bit more money and move out of these apartments, the first thing I'm going to buy won't be a brand new tv, a fridge, or even a microwave but a new PC with 6 monitors. :whee:

In all seriousness though, I really need to upgrade but I'm quite happy with my PC. Built in '07 and still runs most games on max, the only thing I've upgraded was my graphics card from a 8800 GTS to a 470 GTX back in '10. Whenever XIV was going to get released, which ran like ass on my computer compared to ARR.

Total bundles just ticked past 1.6 million(!!) a little while ago. Average is up to a unaffordable (note: sarcasm) $4.82 now thanks to some big donations including a $5,000 chunk.

Regarding Metro 2033 - I had SLIed GTX 460 1GB cards and that was the only game in the past couple of years that I couldn't just set the rez to 1920x1200 and throw all the sliders to the right with the exception sometimes of having to sacrifice higher levels of AA. Far Cry 2 benched at 100 fps; BF3 was smooth around 50-70 depending on level and how much stuff was blowing up; but Metro required a drop to 1680x1050 and turning off some high end eye candy to get it working.

Then I replaced the SLI setup with a single eVGA GTX 670 2GB OC and Metro was my bitch again. Games like BF3 and the Batman Arkhams which gagged with AA now run with it. The only concession I've made was to turn off TressX hair in Teen Tomb Ho which didn't look good enough to make the frame rate trade worth it.

This is a 4-year-old rig, other than the 15-months old video card. Core i7-920 @ 3.6 GHz with 12 GB RAM. A boss video card with at least 2GB RAM is pretty much mandatory these days for AAA titles. A GTX 570 or 650 Ti is about as low as you can get away with.

Heads up for anyone wanting the Dead Space 3 DLC "Awakened", it's $5 now at Origin, rather than the $10 it use to be at full price. Many different games on sale there as well but nothing too crazy I don't think. As  well I hope Crysis 3 is a bonus today since the DLC for that "The Lost Island" is half off too from $15 to $7.50.

The bonus games are likely coming in less than 8 hours.  Since these are bonus, I would like games that I wanted to try but would never ever thought of buying, such as Syndicate or Spore.  

Any good guesses (aside from those revealed in the database entry)?

I've still got a measly amount of money on NFS:Most Wanted as an Origin exclusive bonus. There is a bunch of DLC for post-bundle profits, and it's base price is $19.99, same as almost every other game in the minimum tier. I have no actual proof of this being added, but it's my best reasonable guess.

I think the leaked list is probably accurate, but I would have expected Mass Effect 2 to be one of the games (since it's been bundled already). Another sim game (be it SimCity, more Sims 3 DLC, or Spore which I include as a sim game of sorts) would have made since to me as well. Other than that Dead Space 2 was my best guess, but it was on the list anyway.

Honestly, just getting the Dead Space trilogy for this price was enough for me, since it's a series I've been wanting to try but was reluctant to buy do to being a huge wuss :cold: everything else is just gravy ;)

I think the leaked list is probably accurate, but I would have expected Mass Effect 2 to be one of the games (since it's been bundled already). Another sim game (be it SimCity, more Sims 3 DLC, or Spore which I include as a sim game of sorts) would have made since to me as well. Other than that Dead Space 2 was my best guess, but it was on the list anyway.

Honestly, just getting the Dead Space trilogy for this price was enough for me, since it's a series I've been wanting to try but was reluctant to buy do to being a huge wuss :cold: everything else is just gravy ;)
i jjust want to finish my collection without giving ea my money ds3 and th other 4 games i just want to backlog on steam

Origin store has Crysis, Mass Effect 3, and Dragon Age Origins for $5.99 each right now. What else is included in that sale? Battlefield 3, The Sims 3, and Dead Space. I wouldn't think any Bioware titles would be included, but I hope they're hinting at something. We'll find out in an hour.

Never had this happen to me before.

v2br.jpg

I guess there's a limit on how many you can buy.

I remember last week on steamgifts people were reporting there was like a 3 bundle limit per payment method within a 36 hour period because of gamestop buying mass keys to resell..not sure if true about the gamestop part.

Also Motoki is your avatar Anarchy Online character butt or am I just imagining things.

Isn't this a means for individual gamers to get some cheap games while helping charity, not for a bunch of Ferengi to stock up their trading larders for nothing? Just saying.

Okay now I'm curious, how many were you trying to buy?

crazy! How many did you buy?
Well this would have been purchase #6. So i guess 5 is the limit. Only I made the first 5 purchases on the first day of the sale. So it wasn't exactly over a short period of time.

I hope this counter only applies to each bundle. I'd hate to be frozen out of a weekly deal because of this.

Well this would have been purchase #6. So i guess 5 is the limit. Only I made the first 5 purchases on the first day of the sale. So it wasn't exactly over a short period of time.

I hope this counter only applies to each bundle. I'd hate to be frozen out of a weekly deal because of this.
Hmm that can't be right, I bought 5 on the first day via amazon, then bought another on friday...maybe they keep changing things because so many have sold in a short period of time.

I remember last week on steamgifts people were reporting there was like a 3 bundle limit per payment method within a 36 hour period because of gamestop buying mass keys to resell..not sure if true about the gamestop part.
Oh, last night I decided to increase the payment on a few bundles that I've bought over the past few weeks to the BTA level. That must be it.

Hmm that can't be right, I bought 5 on the first day via amazon, then bought another on friday...maybe they keep changing things because so many have sold in a short period of time.
I got locked out after only three last week, but it was only for that payment method on this bundle. One for myself and two gifts. I later bought another (BTA) bundle with a different payment method and it went through.

bread's done
Back