Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1+
  • Dead Space
  • Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dead Space 3 - Origin only
  • Medal of Honor

Beat the Average
  • Battlefield 3 - Origin only
  • The Sims 3 + Starter Pack - Origin Only
  • C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising*
  • Populous* - Origin Only
*Included for all purchases, regardless of price, made before 11 AM PST on 8/22.

Steam keys are provided unless otherwise noted. All games are on Origin. Keys are individual for each game on both platforms.

The money in this bundle goes to charity, not Origin/EA.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble got hundreds of thousands of new emails.  They don't have to sell bundles nonstop or the emails evaporate.

Though this bundle is great for me, I still do think there's some wisdom in following up the biggest bundle of all time with something non-game related.  I could just as easily see them doing a music or ebook bundle at this time.  What do you think the people who came for AAA games would do if humble had the Spiderweb sale now?  I'm sure humble needs a day off anyway.

Wow... I didn't expect to know anyone, but Hannibal Burress in the non-BTA and then the Patrice O'Neal in the BTA made it a must buy for me.  RIP Patrice :(  I got to see him live before he passed and he was one of the funniest comedians. 

Way to get people to your site in droves (with an amazing deal) and then drive them away in the same fashion they came.

GG humble bundle. Troll on

I thought they would at least do a good bundle because I think many people were new to humble bundle last week. You know, follow it up and make the statement that they NEEDED to at least look every week because of the awesome deals. But what do I know...
You know how not to run a business ;)

Gonna buy in and decide if I want to bta

The odd thing to me is it seems somewhat awkward to ever NOT have a Weekly bundle running.

Now, if it's because you're in the middle of a GIANT bundle that is so super popular that it's putting a strain on your capacity, sure... I get that. It really seems like the usage of the main page bundle should be for your big stuff, your multi-item bundles.

But if you take the time to set up something you call your "Weekly Bundle", there should never be a week where there isn't at least one item that's "pay what you want" and another item that's "beat the average"... and should run every week like clockwork, unless there's a damn good reason. 

It's the weekly bundle that should be what's driving you to the site EVERY week when they post, and the mainpage one that's big and crazy awesome and is the "Event".

That said, I think I'll be waiting for a day or two to see if the average on this one drops... $8 is still more than I'm wanting to pay on it. (At some point I will get it, even if it's just throwing a dollar at it.)

The odd thing to me is it seems somewhat awkward to ever NOT have a Weekly bundle running.

Now, if it's because you're in the middle of a GIANT bundle that is so super popular that it's putting a strain on your capacity, sure... I get that. It really seems like the usage of the main page bundle should be for your big stuff, your multi-item bundles.

But if you take the time to set up something you call your "Weekly Bundle", there should never be a week where there isn't at least one item that's "pay what you want" and another item that's "beat the average"... and should run every week like clockwork, unless there's a damn good reason.

It's the weekly bundle that should be what's driving you to the site EVERY week when they post, and the mainpage one that's big and crazy awesome and is the "Event".
Not sure about you, but even though there's not a weekly this week, I'll still be there tomorrow at 1 PM CST to see what the new one is.

They've taken breaks from the weekly bundles quite often actually, so it's nothing new.  Humble brand is so strong they could take a month off and come back and still get sales/hype/etc.

I can remember a time when we used to have to wait 6 months between bundles. Now people are tweaking because they have to wait a day between deals.

I can remember a time when we used to have to wait 6 months between bundles. Now people are tweaking because they have to wait a day between deals.
When I was young, you had to walk 20 miles with no shoes through the frozen tundra to get yer humble bundle. And they only took exact change so I had to walk to the bank before then to make change for a nickel. And we wore onions tied to our belts.

You can thank Indie Gala and Groupees for that.

As for this bundle, I'll pass. I don't know who the funk these people are and I kind of have a weird sense of humor and don't laugh at stuff a lot of people do and vice versa.

Besides if I need a laugh I can always read posts from people on this forum like Tebowdragon.

Besides if I need a laugh I can always read posts from people on this forum like Tebowdragon.
Actually those just make me scratch my head.

I heard that Tig Notaro chick on "Wait Wait. . . Don't Tell Me" a few weeks ago and I'm intrigued enough by this "Live" album (pronounced with a short "i" sound) to pony up for the bundle. I don't see myself sitting in front of the computer and watching comedy shows though.

I heard that Tig Notaro chick on "Wait Wait. . . Don't Tell Me" a few weeks ago and I'm intrigued enough by this "Live" album (pronounced with a short "i" sound) to pony up for the bundle. I don't see myself sitting in front of the computer and watching comedy shows though.
They can be played on portable video players and TVs as well if you have like a smart tv or dvd or blu ray or PS3.

I don't know how you consume your comedy, but the videos are DRM-free should be easily streamable to many set top boxes and I know at least Android has a choice of apps that will let you play just the audio portion of the video to listen to it like an album.

are the 4 worth the $1? will I laugh at all? (don't tell me to google it please I'm looking for CAG prospective)
Yes, almost anything costs a dollar nowadays. I can't believe candy bars do.

I don't know if you'll laugh. These are pretty alt-comic comedians. Tig's shtick is completely flat delivery, literally monotone, and Bamford's stand up "personality" talks in a weird baby voice. She was the crazy Target lady on TV a couple years ago.

Hannibal Burress is pretty funny and a lot of people enjoy Jim Norton.  IMO the real gold is in the BTA with O'Neal and Louis CK, but it's pretty high so I can see why people would be hesitant.

comedy humble bundle? erh.... sure why not, I don't think I'll go bta on this one, I've already seen the louie ck beacon theater show and as good as patrice was, $8.56 is a little high for two audio only performances. If they do bonuses on this one, I hope they add bill burr or jim jefferies.

The resulting guilt image when I paid a penny for the bottom tier.

c05c3b740c29c5471ad40a1e5e47e7e61f025c64.jpg

The resulting guilt image when I paid a penny for the bottom tier.
Considering that they lose money after Paypal fees on your 1c payment, it's a valid guilt trip.

I know that there are no Steam keys here so there's no $1 minimum, but come on...

In for a $ for the non-BTA tier for the two videos.

Humble Bundle does it again and amazes with another unique offering that blows all other bundles away.

I had to Google everybody except Louis C.K.& Jim Norton.
How did you know Louis CK and Norton but not Patrice? I can see knowing CK but not Patrice, but throw Norton in there and I don't see how you miss him.

If you have Netflix streaming, you can watch some shows with these comedians. In fact, Netflix has Louis C.K.: Live at the Beacon Theater, but no Patrice O'Neal but you can always watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Yh7DixLXc

Wow, that Tig Notaro album is the most depressing comedy act I've ever seen.  It actually took joy AWAY from my life.

So, I was gonna pass on the comedy bundle because...well, just because. But then I remembered that I had a pre-paid credit card that I got from a rebate a while back with a balance of $0.17 left on it. Ordinarily I'd just let that card expire without using up the remaining balance (because it's just not worth the effort to get a cashier to use that last 17 cents towards my purchase of some Twinkies). But since Humble recently introduced CC's as a payment method, I figured, what the hell.

Only I got hit with this when I tried to use the card.

cvef.jpg

So question is, did Humble institute a 50 cent minimum on all purchases within the past hour or two? Or is this just a requirement specific to Credit Card orders?

So, I was gonna pass on the comedy bundle because...well, just because. But then I remembered that I had a pre-paid credit card that I got from a rebate a while back with a balance of $0.17 left on it. Ordinarily I'd just let that card expire without using up the remaining balance (because it's just not worth the effort to get a cashier to use that last 17 cents towards my purchase of some Twinkies). But since Humble recently introduced CC's as a payment method, I figured, what the hell.

cvef.jpg

So question is, did Humble institute a 50 cent minimum on all purchases within the past hour or two? Or is this just a requirement specific to Credit Card orders?
That must be new, but it makes me wonder why they don't do the same for paypal and amazon payments. I have to think they have some crazy deals with those to for tiny fees or no fees.

cvef.jpg

just with CCs i guess

i just threw down a nickel via paypal

I ran into a weird problem with my MasterCard. I never use it because it's the only one I've got that I can't set up auto-pay with. All my AmEx cards are set to pay in full (I use my cards as instant checks that get me cash back at the end of the year, not credit cards), but this stupid MC isn't and I'm always getting smacked with a late charge if that one purchase every nine months because some merchant doesn't take AmEx because they clip the most on charges.

So last month I'm parking in a lot with a central electronic pay station and I only need 25 CENTS to cover the last half-hour of time they enforce. Unfortunately, my last two quarters had tipped the waitress (total: $1.50) and my g/f had no change. All I could do was charge it and the damn thing doesn't take AmEx. Fook! Out comes the MC for a 25 cent charge.

I went to pay my bill and it won't let me pay anything under ONE DOLLAR. WTFF?!?!? If I don't pay this 25 cent bill on time, they'll probably whack me for $29 or $39 in late fees. Talk about a Catch-22! I ended up using the MC instead of PayPal for my $16 GMG Sky-o-Shock purchase, so I should be able to pay my damn bill but come on.

I got the following in an email this morning from Paradox Interactive:

You’ve been demanding it for months, but we were too modest to make it happen… until now! The Humble Paradox Bundle will go live today, 8 p.m. CEST (11 a.m. PDT), and you can make a donation to your choice of worthy charities while picking up a bundle of Paradox favorites! 

I'm assuming that this is the new weekly.

Well I haven't seen CKII in a bundle (not counting Amazon's T-Money specials), so there's that.

Wouldn't be surprised for them to drop some base games into the bundle, but not a lot of DLC. Paradox loooooooves the DLC. That's how they get you.

I got CKII cheap a while back. Have I played it? Barely. Did I buy the most recent expac (the Old Gods or something?) at 75% off recently? Of course I did. I couldn't help myself.

I wonder if (a BIG IF!!) there are any games that have not been included in other bundles in this new HB :oldman:
SlickDeals posted a list: http://slickdeals.net/f/6247536-Paradox-Humble-Bundle

"Judging from the banner, the "pay what you want" tier will be:
Warlock Master of the Arcane
War of the Roses (maybe a DLC because the game is free to play)
Magicka
The Showdown Effect
Dungeonland

The "Paradox Big Kahuna Bundle" available for $125 contents are listed in the steam database [steamdb.info]"

I went to pay my bill and it won't let me pay anything under ONE DOLLAR. WTFF?!?!? If I don't pay this 25 cent bill on time, they'll probably whack me for $29 or $39 in late fees.
I'd have either overpaid the 75¢ (which would appear as a credit on my statement) or called the 1-800 number on the back of the card and worked it out with a rep.

I had to Google everybody except Louis C.K.& Jim Norton.
I googled none! That's what a few years of comedy podcasts and NPR will do: WTF, Comedy Bang Bang, The Sound of Young America, Doug Loves Movies.

Here's Tig doing her Taylor Dayne story for This American Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSwzYB545hY I saw her do that bit at Bumbershoot a couple years ago. (Bumbershoot is this weekend! YEAH!)
The only one I've ever even heard of was Please Be Offended, and I've never actually listened to it.

When I was young, you had to walk 20 miles with no shoes through the frozen tundra to get yer humble bundle. And they only took exact change so I had to walk to the bank before then to make change for a nickel. And we wore onions tied to our belts.
When I was your age I had to walk 20 miles, through the snow, in the rain, with nothing but cold air between my feet and the frozen tundra, crossing valleys on rickety wooden bridges that would give you painful splinters and streams with no bridges at all, dodging packs of wild dogs and roaming thieves and ruffians, uphill (BOTH WAYS!!!)

That's how it goes.... roughly.

:cool:

The Humble Origin Bundle moved one million copies in 25-1/2 hours. After 29-2/3 hours, the Comedy bundle has sold a whopping 19,820 copies - 1/50th as many.

This is like going from a no-holes-barred three-way with Katy Perry and Rihanna to a twisty handjob from Rhea Perlman wearing a steel wool oven mitt.

I'd have either overpaid the 75¢ (which would appear as a credit on my statement) or called the 1-800 number on the back of the card and worked it out with a rep.
It won't allow you to overpay. I went last night and just now to pay the combined quarter and Sky-o-Shock charges and because the latter is still showing as pending, it wouldn't allow me to pay. I've overpaid on AmEx in the past, but these clowns won't allow it. Bother.

bread's done
Back