Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1+
  • Dead Space
  • Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dead Space 3 - Origin only
  • Medal of Honor

Beat the Average
  • Battlefield 3 - Origin only
  • The Sims 3 + Starter Pack - Origin Only
  • C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising*
  • Populous* - Origin Only
*Included for all purchases, regardless of price, made before 11 AM PST on 8/22.

Steam keys are provided unless otherwise noted. All games are on Origin. Keys are individual for each game on both platforms.

The money in this bundle goes to charity, not Origin/EA.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Battlefield 3 MP sucks donkey balls. It's just like BF Bad Company 2, which was great for its time, but now outdated. Plus the terrain destruction compared to Bad Company 2 is minimal.
I'm not a huge multiplayer FPS/wargame guy, but BF3 is fucking solid. The level destruction is excellent too. I wouldn't call Battlefield 3 dated at all.

I'm a little saddened by all the Populous hate. The bundle is filled with AAA titles and they throw in one retro game - a groundbreaking game at that - and people gnash their teeth.

Yes, Populous is an old game (the retail box sitting on my shelf says 1989), but it is worth a look if only for the sake of seeing the game that popularized a genre.

Everyone got a crazy-good bundle and a little slice of history. Not bad in my estimation.
funny-pictures-auto-old-man-memes-479038.jpeg

I'm really surprised no one has attempted a remake of Mail Order Monsters -- seems like it would flourish in the internet/multiplayer age.

fuck

I wanted them to throw in Madden 25 for the PC. Rat bastards.

I hope there is a third round of bonuses and it is a refund of what I paid for this bundle.
Oooh, I'd really liked to see a NEW Madden on the PC.

EDIT:

While we're at it, how about a new Mutant League Football and Hockey game for the PC? ;)

Bonuses!? I thought everyone just bought the 'bundle' for Dead Space 3 ...
I know I did, basically - well, at least on Day 1. ;)

You know, before we knew about the bonuses.

But since I am missing Populous and C&C: RA3 - Uprising, I guess I bought this bundle for the bonuses, too. ;)

1. Has anyone redeemed C&C:RA3 - Uprising on Steam yet?

2. If yes to #1 - does it come w/ a CD Key?

(Right click on the actual game on Steam, look to see if CD Key option is there)

3. If yes also to #2 - does that CD key actually activate on Origin?

I'm happy to see Populous as well. Maybe the kids will get some education by playing one of the most groundbreaking games from the past.

Oh wait... I already have Populous on GOG?!

Grrrr EA sucks!!!

:bouncy:

Hell yeah. Provided - if they used the C64 version - that they fixed the damned load times. You could seriously start loading that damned game, go make a sandwich, eat the sandwich, then do the dishes, and it'd just be finishing as you got back.
In the time it took to load EA's Adventure Construction Set, you could buy a couple cattle, breed a new calf, raise it to slaughtering age, turn it into lunch meat and then make your sandwich.

And still have time for the dishes. But damn that 'game' was awesome.

Adventure_Construction_Set_-_1985_-_Ariolasoft.jpg

well i think eihter u need to install it or registry stuff or proof through ea support
That's what it looks like, from the thread - might need to download, get key, see if activates, and then go from there.

Might have to check registry or try old EA links, if anything fails.

Alright, I'mma give this a whirl...

That's what it looks like, from the thread - might need to download, get key, see if activates, and then go from there.

Might have to check registry or try old EA links, if anything fails.

Alright, I'mma give this a whirl...
u mean spin the bottle whirl hhe or AJ Lee black widow whirl ?

EDIT: Apparently you can see your Dead Space 1 key in the windows registry. Maybe it's like that for Red Alert 3 Uprising, but I can't confirm it as I haven't installed it.
Yeah, I'm reading that w/ some Steam-versions of EA games, you gotta dig into registry to find your game-key (which could activate up on Origin).

I'm downloading C&C: RA3 Uprising from Steam. I will let you know, once it's done what happens and if anything can be done and whatnot to try to get it up onto Origin.

EDIT:

Found in the registry a Product ID. But, yeah - that don't look like a serial code or anything.

It's HELLA LONG.

Most Origin keys are like 20 characters.

EDIT 2:

Found the "ERGC" folder, which usually are where the CD Keys are.

It reads %CDKEY%, but doesn't say what it is. Maybe there isn't one here in Steam-version.

{shoulder shrug}

Just wondering is it ok for me to post keys to games I already have here?
If you're looking to simply give them away, then yeah, go right ahead.

Though if you care about making sure that some lurker doesn't grab all the keys, you might wanna consider asking people to PM you with requests for whatever game they want. That takes a little more effort on your part however, (it's not like you have all day to wait around for PMs) so it's up to you how you go about it.

Scripted destruction. Big deal. Bad Company 2 did it better, cookie-cutter buildings or not.
Scripted? Dude, you're just making stuff up and hating. You didn't even watch the video. We get it, you hate BF3; but you're beclowning yourself by saying stuff that's clearly wrong.

I'm not a huge multiplayer FPS/wargame guy, but BF3 is fucking solid. The level destruction is excellent too. I wouldn't call Battlefield 3 dated at all.
SO MUCH GLARE.

HAAAATE THE GLARE!

Otherwise, yeah, fun and shit. But it's freaking annoying to not be able to see anything.

I'm feeling generous today PM for any of the below games.

Dead Space 3 Origin Key GONE

Battlefield 3 Origin Key GONE

Mirror's Edge Origin Key

Medal of Honor Origin Key

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key

Dead Space Origin Key

Beating the Average for this would be so pointless game-wise. B3, The Dims, and Populus are Origin only. Useless. Way to go, EA, screwing us over by making DS3 Origin only as well.

What's that you say? Install Origin? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It seems that Comand and Conquer it's not available in spanish, and in his place you can get Spore, too bad I already have it.

sk28.png

Beating the Average for this would be so pointless game-wise. B3, The Dims, and Populus are Origin only. Useless. Way to go, EA, screwing us over by making DS3 Origin only as well.

What's that you say? Install Origin? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:oldman:

Considering this is the Humble Origin Bundle, I'm surprised they gave us Steam keys for anything. I guess you won't be playing Dead Space 3 either, since clearly it's not worth even trying out Origin (which I'm assuming you haven't since you don;t have it installed). Have fun with that I guess...

It seems that Comand and Conquer it's not available in spanish, and in his place you can get Spore, too bad I already have it.

sk28.png
honestly I'd rather have Spore anyway.

Considering this is the Humble Origin Bundle, I'm surprised they gave us Steam keys for anything. I guess you won't be playing Dead Space 3 either, since clearly it's not worth even trying out Origin (which I'm assuming you haven't since you don;t have it installed). Have fun with that I guess...

honestly I'd rather have Spore anyway.
Dead Space 3 is certainly worth the $1 and Origin install.

Based Sandow would vehemently disagree with your irresponsible use of his image to bolster your clearly faulty opinion.

Your welcome.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13FV1GaA20I[/youtube]

I always find the Origin hate intriguing because so many years ago Steam got the same thing.

I get it though, people hate that EA has taken their games and forced players onto another platform, but it's essentially what Steam did to make Steam so popular back in the day.  Granted, EA doesn't have the same goodwill Steam has earned over the years, but Origin has been a fine steam-like download service so far for me.  *shrug*

Irrelevant, my use of the adjective in question is quite correct.
The thread took a turn for the pathetic with this post. You must leave CAG and never return.

And the rest of you can stop bitching over which game is better and just enjoy the bundles you paid $1 for.

The thread took a turn for the pathetic with this post. You must leave CAG and never return.

And the rest of you can stop bitching over which game is better and just enjoy the bundles you paid $1 for.
If you know what I did for that dollar...

[customspoiler= I... ]
KZyi4Fz.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Are you talking to yourself? :bouncy:
Nope. You. You're welcome.

I see. I thought Humble Bundles were Steam exclusive. I haven't used them until recently.

Based Sandow would vehemently disagree with your irresponsible use of his image to bolster your clearly faulty opinion.

Your welcome.
Orealy?

Irrelevant, my use of the adjective in question is quite correct.
itachi_no_facepalm11_8dd_by_tayui-d48957n.png

Last edited:
I always find the Origin hate intriguing because so many years ago Steam got the same thing.

I get it though, people hate that EA has taken their games and forced players onto another platform, but it's essentially what Steam did to make Steam so popular back in the day. Granted, EA doesn't have the same goodwill Steam has earned over the years, but Origin has been a fine steam-like download service so far for me. *shrug*
didnt u know we have become mooby hate army

Your welcome.
You're welcome.

You're is a contraction for YOU are -> i.e. you are welcome.

Your = possessive form.

You don't own the welcome. You're (you are) giving it to someone else.

bread's done
Back