Hyperdimension Neptunia PS3 Set @ NISA Online Store (Free Shipping)

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just got an e-mail saying that Hyperdimension Neptunia is available for pre-order from the NISA online store. It's $59.99 with free shipping (you have to choose USPS/other from the scroll down menu). You also get an artbook and a set of playing cards with the game. The artbook is included with all copies but the playing cards are exclusive to NISA.

EDIT:
Pre-order is out, but here's the new link to the game. Which does NOT include the cards.
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Neptunia-PS3-Premium-Box

Here is a trailer for the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3txGb3UTo1A

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the card deck really limited to 1,000? You can add more than 1,000 copies to your cart even after many copies that have already been reserved. Obviously I don't want to check out just to find out!

[quote name='eau']Is the card deck really limited to 1,000? You can add more than 1,000 copies to your cart even after many copies that have already been reserved. Obviously I don't want to check out just to find out![/QUOTE]

It seems like they stopped allowing you to check stock like that when they changed from Rosenqueen to the NISA store.

[quote name='laaj']Not on Amazon. NIS yes.[/QUOTE]

Wow. All this time I have been pretending to still live in VA to avoid the sales tax. I could've sworn Ive been charged it before, but maybe it was just because I was ordering textbooks from a local seller...

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Looks like one of those games only hardcore animu/nisa fans would enjoy. I'll wait for reviews...[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if they meta'd past 60%.

I am predicting this game will be an average Press Score of 5.5/10. So yeah I too would be surprised as well if the Meta Score is over 60%.

Course I am not saying I didn't pre-order this game. ^_^;; Got my pre-order from NISA Store, however I already knew exactly what kind of game this would be based on Japanese Gameplay Videos.

Plus I love this kind of stuff. XD

(Little Off Topic: But my predictions for Ar Tonelico Qoga would be 7.3/10)

[quote name='Unaki']Wonder how suggestive Ar Tonelico 3 is going to be....[/QUOTE]
The gameplay videos already showed some Reyvatels (or whatever they're called) undressing during their super moves.

For JRPGs, a game that gets 70%+ on Meta is usually already an A+ title to JRPG fans, so 60% isn't really that bad =P

And now I want Ar Tonelico 3 lol. Already have some swag from dv8.

[quote name='Esoteria']from what I saw in the video, this looks very similar to Trinity Universe, which, apart from the (very dull) dungeon-crawling, did not hold my attention.

Mind you, I played Cross Edge all the way through and would give it an 8/10 -- The battle system had an amazing amount of depth once you could wrap your head around it, and the events were amusing and quirky enough to assuage the very grindy overworld system. Also the items system was very cool.

Then Agarest War came along and I realized it was mostly the same thing, but at least it was on a TRPG grid with a different battle system. Apart from that and the inability to move freely in the overworld it was the same game.

So when I got to Trinity Universe and discovered a very dumbed-down, standard turn based battle system with uninspiring 3D graphics, a more shallow item and synthesis system, and a mind-numbingly boring dungeon crawl (Cross Edge had this too, but it made up like 20% of your non-battle time, so it wasn't as painful), I couldn't finish it.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is clearly based on the same premise. In fact, I heard sounds and saw menu systems almost identical to the aforementioned 3 games.

My recommendation is this:
If you liked any of the other PS3 generation games from these developers, wait for reviews. If you liked ALL of them, by all means pre-order. If you haven't played any of them, definitely wait for reviews, and if the most important aspect of a JRPG is the battle system, go for Cross Edge.
As for me, I'll be keeping an eye on this, but I can't risk $60 on another potential Trinity Universe.

Cross Edge - 8/10
Agarest - 7/10
Trinity Universe - 5/10
(all of the above scores go down by about one point if you've played any of the other two games, because they're fundamentally the same)[/QUOTE]

I hated Cross Edge, but love Trinity Universe.

cardsout-comic.jpg

http://store.nisamerica.com/Preorders/Neptunia-PS3-Limited-Edition-Pack

[quote name='eau']Is the card deck really limited to 1,000? You can add more than 1,000 copies to your cart even after many copies that have already been reserved. Obviously I don't want to check out just to find out![/QUOTE]

Apparently the 1,000 card limit has been broken by NIS. Per the latest Prinny Bomb e-mail, they printed more.

[quote name='bojay1997']Apparently the 1,000 card limit has been broken by NIS. Per the latest Prinny Bomb e-mail, they printed more.[/QUOTE]

Where and which prinny bomb did they mention they broke the 1000 limit? I couldnt find it. And that zipper ad is hilarious!

[quote name='StarOcean']Where and which prinny bomb did they mention they broke the 1000 limit? I couldnt find it. And that zipper ad is hilarious![/QUOTE]

The new one tonight includes this text:

We ended up receiving an unexpectedly large number of preorders and, despite increasing the number of cards ordered to try compensate for the increase in preorders, it looks like we are still going to sell out soon!

So that could be read as having to go past 1000. I think the free shipping for local US residents helped a lot.

[quote name='Volcynika']The new one tonight includes this text:

So that could be read as having to go past 1000. I think the free shipping for local US residents helped a lot.[/QUOTE]

Ah ic thanks for letting me know, I didnt get that email for some reason -.- sounds like they went pretty fast

[quote name='Volcynika']The new one tonight includes this text:

So that could be read as having to go past 1000. I think the free shipping for local US residents helped a lot.[/QUOTE]
Free shipping definitely helps. If you gonna pay retail, you might as well order from NISA store and get the free cards. It's probably tax free too for some states.

I'd like to know how many more they printed. Kind of sucks to get in on a limited preorder bonus rather than wait for the inevitable price drop only to find out that they just print more.

[quote name='dv8mad']I'd like to know how many more they printed. Kind of sucks to get in on a limited preorder bonus rather than wait for the inevitable price drop only to find out that they just print more.[/QUOTE]

I think it might not actually be the bonus that's limited. An employee posted on the NISA forums that they've got a ton of Trinity Universe artbooks left over, but they can't do anything with them because they don't know when or if they'll print more copies of the game.

[quote name='rainking187']I think it might not actually be the bonus that's limited. An employee posted on the NISA forums that they've got a ton of Trinity Universe artbooks left over, but they can't do anything with them because they don't know when or if they'll print more copies of the game.[/QUOTE]

Still BS to say there will only be 1,000 copies, then print more. Maybe thousands more.

Didn't they do this with Atelier Annie? I could have sworn they printed the limited 500 sets a second time.

This game screams fan-gasm more than any other NISA game in a long time. Apparently the Wii character has a threesome with two other characters as her special attack

[quote name='sirplue']anybody that lives somewhere that won't get charged taxes, and wanna pre-order for me? I'll reimburse with paypal. :D[/QUOTE]

Im in CA so I don't think I can help. I thought you were in Hawaii?

since about the beginning of last year I've been living in Cali with my bro. :D

i do plan on movin' back to Hawaii though, at some point. I miss it.

[quote name='sirplue']anybody that lives somewhere that won't get charged taxes, and wanna pre-order for me? I'll reimburse with paypal. :D[/QUOTE]

It's less than $6 in California tax. You're really going to ask someone to go through the hassle of buying this for you to save $6?

welcome to cheapassgamer, bojay1997. Lemme take your coat. ;P

seriously though, yes. LOL I assume the billing addy is where NISA will charge tax, not the delivery addy? Hmm.

[quote name='sirplue']welcome to cheapassgamer, bojay1997. Lemme take your coat. ;P

seriously though, yes. LOL I assume the billing addy is where NISA will charge tax, not the delivery addy? Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with being a CAG. That's a request for someone to commit fraud by cheating the state out of sales tax you owe them and to expend time and effort to do so all so you can save less than $6 on a $60 item. That type of request is frankly not appropriate and frankly won't work as generally state tax is based on the delivery address, not on the billing address.

awesome troll tags :applause:

on-topic: Is this anything like Trinity Universe? That game was shit. Though if it's more like Cross Edge, I'll be more that happy to pick this up.

[quote name='MechaGuy']on-topic: Is this anything like Trinity Universe? That game was shit. Though if it's more like Cross Edge, I'll be more that happy to pick this up.[/QUOTE]

I think it more resembles Atelier Rorona gameplay than it does either Trinity Universe or Cross Edge, judging from its cel 3D art style rather than hi-def sprites. Though I'm kind of surprised you preferred CE over TU, I personally thought the latter was more favored and liked. But opinions are opinions.

EDIT: Nvm, it looks like TU also.

[quote name='elessar123']Still BS to say there will only be 1,000 copies, then print more. Maybe thousands more.

Didn't they do this with Atelier Annie? I could have sworn they printed the limited 500 sets a second time.[/QUOTE]

The Atelier Annie Set was actually left over promotional stuff from the Japanese Launch of the game from GUST. For the RosenQueen launch, they sent them the Collector's Edition stuff.

Though they didn't make a reprint of the Collector's Edition stuff, they did have various parts left over from it that they sold individually I believe with the game but not the entire set. (I think they left out the Japanese Premium Cardboard Box that houses the 2 figures and the game.)

[quote name='HakaHina']I think it more resembles Atelier Rorona gameplay than it does either Trinity Universe or Cross Edge, judging from its cel 3D art style rather than hi-def sprites. Though I'm kind of surprised you preferred CE over TU, I personally thought the latter was more favored and liked. But opinions are opinions.

EDIT: Nvm, it looks like TU also.[/QUOTE]

I havent played either game, but I believe the SiliconEra interview pointed out that the main engine was a carry over from TU.

[quote name='sirplue']welcome to cheapassgamer, bojay1997. Lemme take your coat. ;P

seriously though, yes. LOL I assume the billing addy is where NISA will charge tax, not the delivery addy? Hmm.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure sales tax is based upon the delivery address, not the billing address.

Also, as previously mentioned, fraud.

Not disagreeing about fraud or whatever, but if thats true, then why doesn't amazon have to charge me tax to sell me the same thing I can buy at walmart WITH tax?

more on topic: debating to get this! Not sure I want others walking in with 'naked transformations' or whatever this game has... I'd rather not be labeled like that :p Are we talking full-on-woah or just 'barbie-doll-sailormoon' stuff?

[quote name='callmewoof']Not disagreeing about fraud or whatever, but if thats true, then why doesn't amazon have to charge me tax to sell me the same thing I can buy at walmart WITH tax?

more on topic: debating to get this! Not sure I want others walking in with 'naked transformations' or whatever this game has... I'd rather not be labeled like that :p Are we talking full-on-woah or just 'barbie-doll-sailormoon' stuff?[/QUOTE]

as far as i know it's not rated AO, thus more than likely the farthest they'd go is a boob

[quote name='callmewoof']Not disagreeing about fraud or whatever, but if thats true, then why doesn't amazon have to charge me tax to sell me the same thing I can buy at walmart WITH tax?
[/QUOTE]

Technically speaking you still OWE the tax for your amazon purchases, as you are supposed to report it when you do your annual taxes. Walmart having a physical presence in the state means that the state can place the burden on them for collecting the tax. When Amazon has a physical presence in a state then the state may be able to impose the collecting burden on them, thus why when customers are located in some states the taxes are added to the order. Other states do give exemptions for online orders, so it really does depend on your location.

Thanks for answering my question Drclaw, although I wish I had more confirmation. Speaking of that, whats up with the tags on this thread? Someone got a little label-happy :p

more on topic: debating to get this! Not sure I want others walking in with 'naked transformations' or whatever this game has... I'd rather not be labeled like that :p Are we talking full-on-woah or just 'barbie-doll-sailormoon' stuff?[/QUOTE]

Do you seriously not understand how sales tax works? :dunce:

I watched some special attack videos, and I think they still have coverings over their certain parts even when they transform.

[quote name='HakaHina']I think it more resembles Atelier Rorona gameplay than it does either Trinity Universe or Cross Edge, judging from its cel 3D art style rather than hi-def sprites. Though I'm kind of surprised you preferred CE over TU, I personally thought the latter was more favored and liked. But opinions are opinions.

EDIT: Nvm, it looks like TU also.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I havent played either game, but I believe the SiliconEra interview pointed out that the main engine was a carry over from TU.[/QUOTE]

Guess that means I'm gonna stay away from this one. Thanks.

You can get this preordered nearly half off through Barnes and Noble, but this excludes the playing cards. I think most people know this already and this post maybe a bit redundant.

[quote name='dejeckt']You can get this preordered nearly half off through Barnes and Noble, but this excludes the playing cards. I think most people know this already and this post maybe a bit redundant.[/QUOTE]

How? Do you have a link?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']How? Do you have a link?[/QUOTE]

I didn't put the exact details cause its explained on a different, popular thread on cag. Basically through groupon you could buy 3 $20 gc at $10 each and Barnes & Noble will allow up to 3 gift cards to be used on one order. So basically you're only paying $30 plust tax - $.01 with free shipping.

Here are the links...

Groupon link
http://www.groupon.com/deals/barnes...edium=afl&utm_campaign=1312731&utm_source=rvs

Barnes and Noble link for the game
http://videogames.barnesandnoble.co...pecial-Edition/e/2000003936342/?cds2Pid=18671

Also, to buy 3 gift cards check out the main thread for groupon on cag.

**edit** Seems like this groupon gift card method is in a mess; some people are reporting that their orders are being cancelled or worse getting the gcs removed and getting charged for the total sum of the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dejeckt']You can get this preordered nearly half off through Barnes and Noble, but this excludes the playing cards. I think most people know this already and this post maybe a bit redundant.[/QUOTE]

**edit** Seems like this groupon gift card method is in a mess; some people are reporting that their orders are being cancelled or worse getting the gcs removed and getting charged for the total sum of the order.

[quote name='dejeckt']**edit** Seems like this groupon gift card method is in a mess; some people are reporting that their orders are being cancelled or worse getting the gcs removed and getting charged for the total sum of the order. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw. Thanks for the tip anyways. I saw the Groupon thread when it first hit, but I just didn't make the game connection.

bread's done
Back