I am fixated on being seen as a winner, nOTT the process of becoming one

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']I think you bought Watchmen from me. :lol:

And I have/had V For Vendetta. What other good graphic novels are there?

In unrelated news, I'm watching last night's x-play and they're showing off the new Lara Croft model and she's doing .. stuff. :drool:[/quote]

I'm never sure to recommend this to people, but I will anyways, :lol:

Pride of Baghdad. It's about a group of lions who escape the Baghdad zoo during an American bombing during the recent war, and what goes on with them. I never thought I'd be moved by a bunch of lions (well, besides Mufasa and his dying) but it's amazing. The artwork alone is worth the price of admission.

[quote name='anomynous']I think I might buy Watchmen.

Never read a graphic novel before though.[/quote]

I recommend reading the case files after reading the graphic novel. For me, reading the case files in midst of the story was way too distracting and broke up the pace.

Joe - what's the general idea of that one?

[quote name='Mojimbo']<

COD4 PS3 in an hour, Maklershed, if you're not doing anything.
.[/quote]

Cool. I'll be there.

[quote name='karsh']I'm never sure to recommend this to people, but I will anyways, :lol:

Pride of Baghdad. It's about a group of lions who escape the Baghdad zoo during an American bombing during the recent war, and what goes on with them. I never thought I'd be moved by a bunch of lions (well, besides Mufasa and his dying) but it's amazing. The artwork alone is worth the price of admission.[/quote]

Shit, I just looked this up on Wikipedia and without even trying it spoiled the end of it for me.

Anyway, I might have to find a copy of this.

I love all of The Preacher Covers, they're awesome and beautiful at the same time.

My favorite.

40-1.jpg

^ Kinda reminds me of a Garbage Pale Kid :lol:

Borderlands producer: "Our game will have 500,000 guns. No team of artists combined could do this. We created a program that randomly propagated the designs"

Soooo .. he means to say they made a program that made 50 guns max and colored them hundreds of shades of the rainbow and elongated and shortened them.

[quote name='darthbudge']I think you might like Y: The Last Man alot, it has a pretty cool story and characters. Plus lots of Lesbian sex later in the series. [/quote]

Hot dog! Do they show any tits, or is it only boobs?

[quote name='Maklershed']Joe - what's the general idea of that one?

Cool. I'll be there.[/quote]

It's the touching story of a man at his lowest...trying to find god
So he can kick his ass :twisted:

It's awesome, but extremely offensive.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Buy me GW2 Frisky[/quote]
No.

Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert were on the Dana Carvey Show? How the hell did this fail?

[quote name='darthbudge']Shit, I just looked this up on Wikipedia and without even trying it spoiled the end of it for me.

Anyway, I might have to find a copy of this.[/quote]

Hahaha, I'd definitely suggest reading it. It's by the same guy who wrote Y: The Last Man, Brian K. Vaughan. After reading most of the stuff he's written, you really can't go wrong with anything BKV writes.

[quote name='Maklershed']What's the verdict on Batman: The Killing Joke?[/QUOTE]
One of the greatest graphic novels.

[quote name='Brak']One of the greatest graphic novels.[/quote]

High praise. It's on Amazon for $10.79 (hardcover) right now. I think I might get it.

[quote name='Maklershed']High praise. It's on Amazon for $10.79 (hardcover) right now. I think I might get it.[/quote]

Pick up Identity Crisis too Mak...its a murder mystery that is a total mindfuck.

:whistle2:k I've been wanting to get Killing Joke...

[quote name='Maklershed']What's the verdict on Batman: The Killing Joke?[/quote]

Prolly one of my favorite Batman stories. Easily one of the best Joker stories.

Other good Batman stuff includes Hush, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth.

Identity Crisis was GREAT up until the ending. I really disliked that ending, if only cause it seems the cheap and easy way out.
Let's build the ultimate murder mystery in a sealed box type thing, and then give the answer as "There's someone who could get into the sealed box cause she can fucking shrink...."

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pick up Identity Crisis too Mak...its a murder mystery that is a total mindfuck.

:whistle2:k I've been wanting to get Killing Joke...[/quote]

This ....

http://www.amazon.com/Identity-Cris...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219790979&sr=1-1

[quote name='karsh']Prolly one of my favorite Batman stories. Easily one of the best Joker stories.

Other good Batman stuff includes Hush, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth.[/quote]

I was just checking out the Arkham Asylum one. It was recommended in the latest Game Informer. So that kinda piqued my curiosity.

[quote name='Maklershed']This ....

http://www.amazon.com/Identity-Cris...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219790979&sr=1-1

I was just checking out the Arkham Asylum one. It was recommended in the latest Game Informer. So that kinda piqued my curiosity.[/quote]

Yes, that one!

Mak, buy Killing Joke, I'll get Arkham and when were done reading we'll trade...Actually I got Identity Crisis somewhere, I just have no clue where to search for it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Has anyone read The League of Extraordinary Gentleman?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It's really good.

(Absolutely nothing like the movie.)

[quote name='Maklershed']Has anyone read The League of Extraordinary Gentleman?[/quote]

I've always wanted to, but never actually read it. I'm curious cause most of Moore's other stuff is amazing and everyone seems to say this is awesome. I'm curious to see how it got turned into such a shitty movie....:whistle2:k

Ok .. I just ordered Batman: The Killing Joke.

While I was at it, I also ordered The Leage of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol 1 and The Walking Dead book 2.

I can't stop saying, "... worse than Michael Jordon...", in an Iranian accent. :shock:

You guys should really partake in that Blockbuster deal. You can get DVDs for, like, $1.

[quote name='Brak']I can't stop saying, "... worse than Michael Jordon...", in an Iranian accent. :shock:[/quote]

Thank you Mr. Howards! Axcellent question!! Randy Macho Mans Savages was a piece of SHIT!! But I looooooooooooooove Elizabeth.

I'm big fan of Grant Morrison, his Idea's are like crack for my soul.

Animal Man is where he really took off and kept the ball rolling on a more than a comic concept, def a must read series IMHO. Also a neat way to vent Morrissons feelings on Animal rights and whatnot, My favorite is "The Coyote Gospel" about Wile E Coyote's torture of a life living a world of endless violence and appeals to his creator to leave his cartoonish world and thrown into another, It's kinda sad but a beautiful story.

5-1.jpg

Also Morrisons Doom Patrol Run is fucken awesome by all respects, Shit is like an acid trip and completely surreal. some of the greatest Minducks and oddities come out of Morrissons run on Doom patrol.

Other Mentions of GM:

WE3
and Flex mentallo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back