I can't wait for FallOTT 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I realize I am late here but here is my rundown:

Fallout 3, Gears 2 = Awesomeness

New Dashboard = So freakin' gay, I want to kill someone

Netflix and Party System = Very Cool

Casual Games = Suck

Lips = Pretty cool, if you really can use any song.

Final Fantasy XIII = Super Awesome

FF13 is definitely a megaton.

Though I always push for specialization on a single platform over multiplatform, even if the game/platforms arent relevant to me. I think the game necessarily suffers as a result.

[quote name='dallow']I kinda want Smarty Pants now.
No online I'm guessing right Quizmaster Wubb?[/QUOTE]

Nope no online and the single player is turrible. They don't even let you play against dopey CPU opps the only mode is seeing how many Qs you can get right in a row or something.

But the local MP is really fun. Sure, it could be better but they did a solid job of making a trivia game that uses the remote well. The mini-games are dopey for the most part but the double points dance is OTHB. And some of the questions are very obscure/difficult, especially the games category.

[quote name='dallow']Brak is like me, with console games.[/QUOTE]
You worded that kinda funny.

D-

[quote name='Mojimbo']"So freakin' gay, I want to kill someone." - darthbudge[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Whatever. Free is free. I can't watch my Netflix online because I have a Mac. I'd rather watch on a TV. That means it's an epic win for me.

[quote name='Brak']Hmm. That has nothing to do with anything.

Anyway.

To answer your question:
Someone could have a superficial outlook on video games by only playing games with - what they think is - great graphics, or only playing games with - what they think is - rich storylines, etc.[/QUOTE]

Good point, although I would classify that as a subjective outlook more so than a superficial one.

How could they screw up the dashboard? I have no idea what the new thing is but it just doesn't seem possible.

360 software update changes that are coming ...

What John Schappert unveiled for the world on stage at E3 was just a sneak preview, so I wanted to share some deeper details on some of the new features in the new Xbox experience.
Here is a look at some additional features you will find interesting:

· Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.

· Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, it’s not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.

· LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.

· Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything you’d expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.

· Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your style, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.

· New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.
This is only the beginning. Over the next few months, we will share more details on the upcoming changes.

We are going to have some amazing parties when the new avatar party thing comes out. It's going to be OTHB. We'll go right from having a wicked party to playing UNO Rush.

Dear Xbox LIVE Member,

When we launched Xbox 360 in November 2005, Xbox LIVE was integrated directly into the console. Back then, Xbox 360 was the first system to deliver access to experiences beyond just the disc in the tray. With the Xbox guide and dashboard you had access to everything on your console as well as your community.

We also imagined that Xbox experience would continuously improve over time, through the power of software.

Since launch, you’ve always pushed us to continuously innovate. It is because you spoke with one loud voice that we added new features like background downloading, 1080p support, movies and TV shows, video chat, a Marketplace blade and instant messaging.

Over time, as we’ve delivered more and more content into the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, we’ve heard from many of you that it has become increasingly difficult to find the games and content you want.

And that brings us to today.

Because of your feedback, we started rethinking the entire Xbox experience. What we discovered was that we could not only provide a better experience for you, but also something that reaches out to new audiences.

What John Schappert unveiled for the world on stage at E3 was just a sneak preview, so I wanted to share some deeper details on some of the new features in the new Xbox experience.

Here is a look at some additional features you will find interesting:

· Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.

· Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, it’s not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.

· LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.

· Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything you’d expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.

· Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your style, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.

· New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

This is only the beginning. Over the next few months, we will share more details on the upcoming changes.

See you online,

Marc Whitten
Dang.

Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

Nice.

[quote name='lordwow']We are going to have some amazing parties when the new avatar party thing comes out. It's going to be OTHB. We'll go right from having a wicked party to playing UNO Rush.[/quote]
But will there be a bubble machine?

That play from the HDD options sounds cool, but I think it will suck. Because A. You still have to have the disc in the tray B. Unless you have a 120GB HDD, you are gonna run out of space really quickly.

Everyone who knows me IRL is gonna wonder why my avatar looks like Wesley Snipes. :cool:

I really dislike this avatar system, I'd rather pay for gamer pictures than articles of clothing.

Don't like the disc requirement but it's better than nothing. Too bad it wont quiet down the console much...

About time! Me likey!

Hmph... I still don't care for the new interface.

Kinda cool if your only option is 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I guess they're trying to force people to upgrade their HDDs now.[/QUOTE]Yep. Avatars/Miis, Lips/Singstar, Optional disc installs/Mandatory multiple gigabyte installs.

[quote name='Maklershed']Isn't that the same thing that the PS3 forces you to do? While on the 360 you'll have the option to do it or not.[/QUOTE]

PS3 fanboys don't like your reasoning, Mak.

Microsoft seems to have been droppin' bombs. :cool:

I don't like the sound of the avatar shit though. Anyone have a picture of the new dashboard?

[quote name='Maklershed']Isn't that the same thing that the PS3 forces you to do? While on the 360 you'll have the option to do it or not.[/quote]
No.

360avatars.JPG

That Dashboard is sexy.

The Avatars are ill, too. I hope you can unlock Gears of War armor when you beat Gears 2. :cool:

Because you're not installing the whole game to play it "semi-disc"less.
I do wish the PS3 had that option though.

Hehe the dashboard looks like a mix of an XMB and Wii Channels.

[quote name='Maklershed']Please explain then.[/quote]
Because you can't copy PS3 games to the hard drive to launch straight from the hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back