I dont know...360 for me? :/

TheMaidenOfSorrow

CAGiversary!
I mainly play jprgs so I would REALLY like a ps3, but I dont have $497390850 to shell out on it. I have seen some ridiculously good deals on 360s on craigslist, too good to pass up. Isnt Xbox notorious for FPS and sports games? I have browsed a bit and they look so cool (halo, gears of war, lost planet). The only FPS game I have played was metroid prime on gamecube lol but I quit after a bit because it gave me an insane headache (not used to cameras like that :X). This is should a great convo piece for chatting up teh dudes. :whistle2:\"And it is currently the cheapest way to play FFXIII. I dont know...do you guys think I would I enjoy it? :/

And I dont have a HD television, would it look alright on a standard TV? :(

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']I mainly play jprgs so I would REALLY like a ps3, but I dont have $497390850 to shell out on it. I have seen some ridiculously good deals on 360s on craigslist, too good to pass up. Isnt Xbox notorious for FPS and sports games? I have browsed a bit and they look so cool (halo, gears of war, lost planet). The only FPS game I have played was metroid prime on gamecube lol but I quit after a bit because it gave me an insane headache (not used to cameras like that :X). This is should a great convo piece for chatting up teh dudes. :whistle2:\"And it is currently the cheapest way to play FFXIII. I dont know...do you guys think I would I enjoy it? :/

And I dont have a HD television, would it look alright on a standard TV? :([/quote]

Yeah it looks alright on a standard tv. I don't know If you would like a 360 or not based on what you said.

360 looks fine on SDTV. 360 has an enormous library of great RPGs. You won't regret your purchase if JRPGs are your primary focus.

Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Tales Of Vesperia. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but those should be good to get you started on RPG's. :)

[quote name='JJSP']Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Tales Of Vesperia. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but those should be good to get you started on RPG's. :)[/quote]

This is the truth. I would order them (in terms of quality):

1. Tales of Vesperia
2. Lost Odyssey
3. Eternal Sonata
4. Blue Dragon

Infinite Undiscovery came out to mediocre sales/reviews. The Last Remnant may or may not follow suit. I have not played them so I can't be a good judge. I would definately get Tales (especially the Limited Edition from Amazon if you can afford it) and Lost Odyssey.

Also don't be afraid to try Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Oblivion as they are VERY good WRPG's. The Penny Arcade episodes are a decent short, episodic WRPG also on the XBox Live Arcade. Each episode now is $15, there will be 4 total episodes (2nd episode just came out last month.)

The only 2 games that are hard to play/unplayable on SDTV's are Dead Rising and Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts because the text is too small to read on SDTV's. Banjo is getting a patch soon to fix that though.

Unless you're going to play games online, I would just recommend a Silver account for you. You can still download stuff off the marketplace, but a lot of content (specificially demos) will be delayed 1 week (perk to being a gold member.) If you're wanting to stream Netflix though, you'll need a gold account.

If you want JRPGS this gen definitely go with a 360. All the Japanese developers are giving the 360 tons of love.

Tales Of Vesperia is like the best JRPG I have played this gen and then Star OCean is coming out early next year.

[quote name='Persona7']If you want JRPGS this gen definitely go with a 360. All the Japanese developers are giving the 360 tons of love.

Tales Of Vesperia is like the best JRPG I have played this gen and then Star OCean is coming out early next year.[/quote]

I find that really surprising, but there are quite a few more JRPGs on the 360 that I'd want to play. In fact, I can only think of three JRPGs you'd miss out on if you went with one over the PS3 (Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Kingdom Hearts III, and Valkyria Chronicles).

I can vouch for Eternal Sonata, since as a newcomer, that's all I've got so far. I play JRPGs primarily (basically my entire PS2 collection) and I decided that it was worth it, and I'm certainly enjoying it.

Can't say anything for SD, I hook my 360 up to my 20" widescreen computer monitor, but I can't imagine it being terrible.

Umm the 360 has almost twice as many JRPGs than the PS3. I'm not big into RPGs so I can't say if they are good or not.

I also play my 360 on a SDTV and it looks fine. Use the component cables and you'll be happy. I was a long time Sony fan until I bought my 360, I've never looked back. Highly recommend

bread's done
Back